Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen 08:09 - Aug 8 with 12262 viewsPhil_S

Today's Western Mail reports that Jonathan De Guzman could almost find himself without a club for the new season with tomorrow's friendly opponents Villarreal not wanting the Dutchman for the new season and no deal in place for him to return to the Swans where he has been so successful for the past two years.

FULL STORY AT: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35648
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 1726 viewsDJack

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:32 - Aug 8 by Zut_Alors

I think he'll be back.

I hope so.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:37 - Aug 8 with 1714 viewsAl_Bundy

When does his contract expire with Villareal?
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:08 - Aug 8 with 1665 viewsZut_Alors

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:37 - Aug 8 by Al_Bundy

When does his contract expire with Villareal?

Think he still has 2 years left, so it could be an option to have him on loan again.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 1645 viewsSwan91

To be honest we need to get players in for other positions not the one JDG plays. We already have players for that role so why would we spend 5 million on him when we need a RB and a CDM.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:18 - Aug 8 with 1629 viewsZut_Alors

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:13 - Aug 8 by Swan91

To be honest we need to get players in for other positions not the one JDG plays. We already have players for that role so why would we spend 5 million on him when we need a RB and a CDM.

Because he's been a key part of the way we've played in the past couple of seasons, scores goals, keeps possession well, is tactically disciplined and seems to enjoy playing for the club. Yes, we need cover in the DM position, but passing up the chance to sign a goal scoring midfielder who just started several games for Holland at the world cup — who we know suits us — is mad IMO.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:25 - Aug 8 with 1614 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:26 - Aug 8 by WarwickHunt

Really? Easy to talk the talk - perhaps he should learn to cut out the bullshit if he wants to be taken seriously.

Apart from being made to look a bit silly by saying he wanted the transfer business done before the World Cup, he also said we'd be surprised by his contacts in the game.

Surprised? Not really...

Gylfi - former player
KIngsley - target from last year
Fernandez - target from last year, on telly at World Cup
Besic - target from last year, on telly at World Cup
Clasie - target from last year, on telly at World Cup
Fabianski - well publicised free transfer touted around the PL by his agent
Gomis - target from last year
Montero - had a stormer at the Liberty a few years ago, on telly at the World Cup

You're a mong of epic proportions. Fair play to you Sir Mongalot.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:26 - Aug 8 with 1604 viewsWarwickHunt

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:25 - Aug 8 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Show me one of Monk's signings, cockbreath.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:29 - Aug 8 with 1588 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:26 - Aug 8 by WarwickHunt

Show me one of Monk's signings, cockbreath.

Sorry - i don't converse with mongs.

Have a fine day Mr mong pants.

Login to get fewer ads

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:30 - Aug 8 with 1579 viewsWarwickHunt

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:29 - Aug 8 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Sorry - i don't converse with mongs.

Have a fine day Mr mong pants.

School holidays. Gotta luv 'em.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:36 - Aug 8 with 1546 viewsJACKARSE

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:25 - Aug 8 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Anyone who is disabled or who loves someone with a disability (my daughter) knows what that word means because they will have heard it used about them abusively at some stage. Along with "retard" and "spaz", it's a prominent verbal feature of the bullies' toolkit.

Call me a c*nt or a tw@t if you like but please refrain from that word as it is personal.

Now go and have a 'nice life' .....
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:38 - Aug 8 with 1531 viewsWarwickHunt

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:36 - Aug 8 by JACKARSE

Anyone who is disabled or who loves someone with a disability (my daughter) knows what that word means because they will have heard it used about them abusively at some stage. Along with "retard" and "spaz", it's a prominent verbal feature of the bullies' toolkit.

Call me a c*nt or a tw@t if you like but please refrain from that word as it is personal.

He's obviously a slightly dim teenager ("Mr mong pants"). Make allowances for his ignorance.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:39 - Aug 8 with 1518 viewsPrivate_Partz

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:34 - Aug 8 by DJack

I hope so.

So do I DJ. The squad needs bolstering and here we have a player who can fit into things straight away. I hope he comes back and the sooner the better.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:48 - Aug 8 with 1478 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I think JDG is way down the priority list now, especially especially if there is a fee involved, or rather, he should be...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:51 - Aug 8 with 1465 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:36 - Aug 8 by JACKARSE

Don't be so precious, it's a football msg board not mums net.

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:01 - Aug 8 with 1428 viewsNeiltheTaylor

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:51 - Aug 8 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Next up...casual racism

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:05 - Aug 8 with 1296 viewseddie71

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:01 - Aug 8 by NeiltheTaylor

Next up...casual racism

Intelligence level not enhanced by using a player that has left us as an avatar. Should be out playing in the fresh air not annoying adults on messageboards.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:13 - Aug 8 with 1268 viewsApeShit

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:05 - Aug 8 by eddie71

Intelligence level not enhanced by using a player that has left us as an avatar. Should be out playing in the fresh air not annoying adults on messageboards.

Maybe that's why he is so angry, his hero has left.

I bet he's ripped down all the posters off his wall and burned his old shirt with "9 MICHU" on the back.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:14 - Aug 8 with 1264 viewsJACKARSE

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:51 - Aug 8 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

As I said go and have a 'nice life' .......
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 1257 viewsLeonisGod

I can't see why either party wouldn't want this to happen, other than for financial reasons. Maybe another CM is considered too much of a luxury, considering we've already got Leon, JJS, Ki and Fulton fighting out those central two positions behind Gylfi. I'd still like to see it happen though as we saw last season how thin our squad is when we've a few injuries (like right now with Leon and Fulton out).
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:18 - Aug 8 with 1245 viewscontroversial_jack

Scouting no longer works the way it did. Players are recommended to the club, the manager doesn't have a list of players. Warwick is a touch out of date with his assertions
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:24 - Aug 8 with 1215 viewswaynekerr55

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:01 - Aug 8 by NeiltheTaylor

Next up...casual racism

By Jeremy Clarkson...!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:30 - Aug 8 with 1196 viewsMagicDaps

Really? Easy to talk the talk - perhaps he should learn to cut out the bullshit if he wants to be taken seriously.

Apart from being made to look a bit silly by saying he wanted the transfer business done before the World Cup, he also said we'd be surprised by his contacts in the game.

Surprised? Not really...

Gylfi - former player
Montero - had a stormer at the Liberty a few years ago, on telly at the World Cup

He wasn't bullshitting when he said he wanted his business done before the start of pre season, he wanted it done but it's not always easy to get deals done easily, especially in a World Cup year.

A manager contacts aren't needed for a club of our size, the club itself can bring players in. Gylfi Sigurdsson was a former player, but a player that Monk captained and a player that he helped us to sign. Sigurdsson is right up with the best players we've ever signed and Monk played a part in that.

Believe it or not, a lot of the targets of the club play international football, and many of those will feature at the World Cup. You've got nothing to suggest our scouting report of players like Fernandez (who wasn't a target last year), Besic and Clasie were based solely on their world cup performances, had it been Laudrup signing these players this wouldn't be mentioned yet that doesn't suit your agenda.

What about other targets we've had, Castiagnos? Payet? Van Dijk? Matthews? Naughton? I'm sure you can find something about them to belittle Monk.

Whatever way you look at it, Garry Monk is not a scout, it's not his job to identify players the club hasn't heard of. It's his job to identify which players he wants to sign, and whether you like it or not despite his inexperience in management he's been able to oversee the signings of players like Fabianski, Montero, Gomis and Sigurdsson who have been great signings.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:32 - Aug 8 with 1188 viewsLeonisGod

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:18 - Aug 8 by controversial_jack

Scouting no longer works the way it did. Players are recommended to the club, the manager doesn't have a list of players. Warwick is a touch out of date with his assertions

For a while now some clubs (might be all for all I know) keep a database of players that they believe will suit their mentality/system, so they've got several options for each position as and when they need reinforcements. This list is compiled from all sorts of sources, from previous dealings, the scouts, the manager, etc... A big name manager can obviously be a pull, but it's far from the be all and end all. Innit.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen (n/t) on 13:33 - Aug 8 with 1085 viewsEarl_Strickland

Surprised? Not really...

Gylfi - former player

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:35 - Aug 8 with 1072 viewsblaine_scfc

Surprised? Not really...

Gylfi - former player

Spot on. No arguments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024