Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen 08:09 - Aug 8 with 12603 viewsPhil_S

Today's Western Mail reports that Jonathan De Guzman could almost find himself without a club for the new season with tomorrow's friendly opponents Villarreal not wanting the Dutchman for the new season and no deal in place for him to return to the Swans where he has been so successful for the past two years.

FULL STORY AT: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35648
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:50 - Aug 9 with 1550 viewsmonmouth

Could just be putting a little pressure on him to put pen to paper. Can't believe we'd lose a quality player by being so petulant as to punt him for assessing his options properly. We don't have one player who would be here if there was a better offer available to them or isn't hoping that a 'big' team will make that dream move for them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 1535 viewsNatterjack

The obvious plan would be to get the Villareal chairman tanked up after the match then drag him to Studio 95. Follow this with a couple of well timed Polaroids of him muffing some slut out and hey Preston we get JDG on a free transfer when he sobers up.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:14 - Aug 9 with 1463 viewsOldjack

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 10:54 - Aug 9 by Natterjack

The obvious plan would be to get the Villareal chairman tanked up after the match then drag him to Studio 95. Follow this with a couple of well timed Polaroids of him muffing some slut out and hey Preston we get JDG on a free transfer when he sobers up.

An hour with Hairy Mary should clinch it ,see you later YJB

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:41 - Aug 9 with 1420 viewsairedale

Ugh a fi!
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:04 - Aug 9 with 1377 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is that EP article an attempt tp pressurize a lower price.
ie we are no longer really interested and you need to persuade us with a really good deal?
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:07 - Aug 9 with 1365 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

A strange one. I mean, it's obvious that last season JDG was doing the same thing - as any player would. He was looking around for a better deal before coming back here on loan when nothing better materialized.

I don't think Monk is that naive or idealistic to have walked away from the deal for that reason, but it makes good PR to say it. We're either trying to force JDG's hand or we've just decided to spend the money elsewhere.

I'm not massively fussed either way.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 12:28 - Aug 9 with 1315 viewsSwan91

So people are complaining that the club are still trying to sign players and that they are taking too long this window.

But they are also not happy that we decided to look elsewhere because JDG was waiting for other offers.

I think this shows that we are trying to get our deals done quickly and are not wanting to wait around..... If that article is accurate anyway. Why would we want a player who doesn't have much of an interest in playing for us. It was the same with that other striker (can't remember his name) he wanted to wait till he came back from his holiday and we moved on to gomis..... Simple as that.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:48 - Aug 9 with 1209 viewslondonlisa2001

seems to me that what's happened this summer is Ki has come back and has decided to stay. With that in mind, maybe we have decided that our need for a more defensive midfielder is greater than for a midfielder like JDG?

Particularly since we have also now got Gylfi rather than a midfield/forward like Michu.
Login to get fewer ads

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 1202 viewsRancid

Are we ridding the club of everything Laudrup related or is Garry building his own team and JDG doesn't figure?
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 1043 viewsPrivate_Partz

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:54 - Aug 9 by Rancid

Are we ridding the club of everything Laudrup related or is Garry building his own team and JDG doesn't figure?

I think the first bit has been achieved. Whether intentionally or not. It is the very reason I am deeply concerned.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:54 - Aug 10 with 994 viewsStarsky

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 11:41 - Aug 9 by airedale

Ugh a fi!

Hug a fee

It's just the internet, init.

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 14:59 - Aug 10 with 916 viewsApeShit

We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 13:48 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

seems to me that what's happened this summer is Ki has come back and has decided to stay. With that in mind, maybe we have decided that our need for a more defensive midfielder is greater than for a midfielder like JDG?

Particularly since we have also now got Gylfi rather than a midfield/forward like Michu.

We need both.
We Need To Make De Guzman Happen on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 781 viewsOldjack

de Guzman is touting his arse around and we've given up on him ,move on !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024