Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters 14:32 - Aug 8 with 8978 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters

First and foremost, I'm writing about a tiny minority of posters on PlanetSwans. There are dozens of posters who are always courteous even in contention, and who not only disagree with me, often vigorously, but teach me while doing so, and there is another huge block of posters who can and do remain courteous at all times, even when not contending.

But, oh, the madness of some posters on PlanetSwans. One poster insults or disparages another poster, or misrepresents another poster's words, and the poster so put-upon blocks him. And who gets blamed for -- what? being inconsiderate? -- not the insulter, but the insulted.

What is offensive here? Blocking one who can't be civil? Or letting it be known that someone has been blocked?

Why is there an "ignore" feature on PlanetSwans? As a condiment to be put on hot dogs, perhaps? To be cut out and hung on a Christmas Tree (with apologies for bringing religion into this)?

As hard as this might be for a few to understand, I do not post on here or read posts in order to watch human beings attacking each other like rabid dogs. I do so in order to share thoughts about the Swans, to be amused by Welsh humour, and to engage in some intelligent discussions about important matters.

I do not appreciate foul language replacing argument, or being treated discourteously, or having my words twisted and the dishonest "misinterpretation" being used as if I said it. Those are the basic reasons why I block someone. Not having to read them helps me to maintain my peace of mind -- probably the main goal of my life in these troubled days.

To be quite honest, I would be deeply grateful to all of those who have either an unkind, sometimes even hateful, attitude toward me, or who feel intimidated [which is their fault, not mine], just block me! Please.

Unlike a few on here who think ill of me for blocking, I will appreciate being blocked. Even being told. Especially being told.

How often recently have we read many posters expressing concern about the deterioration of the discourse on PlanetSwans? So, let's start another "campaign." Everyone block people who are discourteous and twist words.

There would be two worthwhile results: (1) peace of mind for the blocker, and (2) shut down the real offenders -- kinda like voting them out with the "ignore" button.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

On on 21:00 - Aug 8 with 795 viewsDavillin

On on 20:50 - Aug 8 by dickythorpe

Are you telling me how to "behave" or how NOT to behave?

Anyway here's some goddesses http://www.goddess-guide.com/goddess-names.html

1. Neither. It was a request.

2. Where are the pictures of the goddesses?

On on 21:59 - Aug 8 with 765 viewsSwanzay

On on 20:37 - Aug 8 by Davillin

No. I am trying to tell people either how NOT to behave on a public forum, or how to post courteously.

Courtesy is lost on a fair few posters on here, and you know that.

It's my forum as much as it is anyone else's. I have a right to post what I want as long as I don't breach the rules of the site. I don't. Others shouldn't.

I'm not your "pal," and don't plan to be.

Courtesy, you are having a laugh?

Please, your not a shinning example! I sent you some PMs with genuine discussion, yet you didn't reply to any!
On on 22:04 - Aug 8 with 755 viewsDarran

On on 21:59 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

Please, your not a shinning example! I sent you some PMs with genuine discussion, yet you didn't reply to any!

Why the f*ck would he reply to you?

Seriously like WTF?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

On on 22:08 - Aug 8 with 749 viewsDavillin

On on 21:59 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

First, where is it written that someone is obligated to reply to a p.m., or answer a question?

Second, you have already treated me discourteously on several occasions, and I had and have no intention of participating in that nonsense again.

Inasmuch as you can't take a hint, I reply to this post only to let you know that I want no correspondence with you.

Imagine your obtuseness, when your first sentence in this post is an insult, and your second sentence is also, and then you want me to correspond with you?

I have to assume that a courteous response won't work with you, but this will have to do because I won't sink to the level of your posts.

Please block me.

On on 22:10 - Aug 8 with 740 viewsDarran

On on 22:08 - Aug 8 by Davillin

First, where is it written that someone is obligated to reply to a p.m., or answer a question?

Second, you have already treated me discourteously on several occasions, and I had and have no intention of participating in that nonsense again.

Inasmuch as you can't take a hint, I reply to this post only to let you know that I want no correspondence with you.

Imagine your obtuseness, when your first sentence in this post is an insult, and your second sentence is also, and then you want me to correspond with you?

I have to assume that a courteous response won't work with you, but this will have to do because I won't sink to the level of your posts.

Please block me.

Classic.

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:12 - Aug 8 with 739 viewsMillJack

In the long line of embarrassing threads that I've seen on this forum (in its many guises) over the years, this is up there.
On on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 737 viewsSwanzay

On on 22:04 - Aug 8 by Darran

Why the f*ck would he reply to you?

Seriously like WTF?

Seriously why not, it was a genuine question and non of your business!

Butt out!
On on 22:15 - Aug 8 with 726 viewsDarran

On on 22:13 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

Seriously why not, it was a genuine question and non of your business!

Butt out!

Seriously why?

You seriously expected an American to reply you?

I know I've said it before but by f*ck you're thick. 😂

Login to get fewer ads

On on 22:16 - Aug 8 with 726 viewsSwanzay

Please block me.

Where have I ever insulted you? Apart from challenging you on this as before?
On on 22:17 - Aug 8 with 721 viewsSwanzay

On on 22:15 - Aug 8 by Darran

Seriously why?

You seriously expected an American to reply you?

I know I've said it before but by f*ck you're thick. 😂

Oh daz to the rescue, butt out!
On on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 712 viewsJackoBoostardo

Please block me.

Isn't it discourteous to treat other posters as though they are kids and speak down to them when they attempt proper dialogue and discussion with you?

Yet you do it.

It's also very strange that despite the growing number of people who are getting more and more peeved with Dav, the usual suspects pretend all is well and he's the model poster.

Sadly, I find most of Dav's posts are fueled by ego.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

On on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 718 viewsDarran

On on 22:17 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

Oh daz to the rescue, butt out!

Seriously what a f*cking bell end.

On on 22:20 - Aug 8 with 717 viewsDarran

On on 22:18 - Aug 8 by JackoBoostardo

Isn't it discourteous to treat other posters as though they are kids and speak down to them when they attempt proper dialogue and discussion with you?

Yet you do it.

It's also very strange that despite the growing number of people who are getting more and more peeved with Dav, the usual suspects pretend all is well and he's the model poster.

Sadly, I find most of Dav's posts are fueled by ego.

So why don't you put him on ignore then?

On on 22:24 - Aug 8 with 705 viewsJackoBoostardo

On on 22:20 - Aug 8 by Darran

Other than that it's a forum full of internet warriors, trolls and weirdo's, and then there are those who want to discuss and chat properly.

Why block when you could be missing out on good pieces of conversation? I find with Dav he blocks the ones who prove him wrong so he is, in effect, doing an ostrich (as in putting his head in the sand).

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

On on 22:24 - Aug 8 with 710 viewsSwanzay

On on 22:18 - Aug 8 by Darran

Seriously what a f*cking bell end.

I bet your so proud of that post aint you, tell me how old are you?
On on 22:29 - Aug 8 with 706 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:12 - Aug 8 by MillJack

In the long line of embarrassing threads that I've seen on this forum (in its many guises) over the years, this is up there.

Harsh words, MillJack.

Why is it "embarrassing"? Because of the subject? Or the O.P.? Or because of some of the responses? Or because many of the responses are personal and discourteous? And, if the latter, doesn't that prove my point?

I have met and had personal interactions with quite a few posters and non-posters from Swansea and elsewhere in Wales, and have found them to be exemplary in their courtesy and kindness. And strangely enough, their online demeanour is almost identical with their in-person demeanour. From that, I have assumed that that should be the case at least most of the time.

If I'm wrong, then why the dichotomy [reference Perchrock] in their on- and off-ine behaviours?

In any case, in essence I asked what is the best way to handle that.

Don't you find it worth reflection that in a post with this subject, it comes down to disparaging me for asking a question? Don't you find it worth reflection that posters who are discourteous are defended and someone who is seeking more courtesy, or dealing with it, is mocked?

If you will, please reflect and get back to me if you wish.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 22:33]

On on 22:34 - Aug 8 with 693 viewsDarran

On on 22:24 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

I bet your so proud of that post aint you, tell me how old are you?

And how f^cking thick are you? 😂

On on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 687 viewsShaky

On on 22:24 - Aug 8 by JackoBoostardo

Other than that it's a forum full of internet warriors, trolls and weirdo's, and then there are those who want to discuss and chat properly.

Why block when you could be missing out on good pieces of conversation? I find with Dav he blocks the ones who prove him wrong so he is, in effect, doing an ostrich (as in putting his head in the sand).

Bingo.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:35 - Aug 8 with 692 viewsSwanzay

On on 22:29 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Harsh words, MillJack.

Why is it "embarrassing"? Because of the subject? Or the O.P.? Or because of some of the responses? Or because many of the responses are personal and discourteous? And, if the latter, doesn't that prove my point?

I have met and had personal interactions with quite a few posters and non-posters from Swansea and elsewhere in Wales, and have found them to be exemplary in their courtesy and kindness. And strangely enough, their online demeanour is almost identical with their in-person demeanour. From that, I have assumed that that should be the case at least most of the time.

If I'm wrong, then why the dichotomy [reference Perchrock] in their on- and off-ine behaviours?

In any case, in essence I asked what is the best way to handle that.

Don't you find it worth reflection that in a post with this subject, it comes down to disparaging me for asking a question? Don't you find it worth reflection that posters who are discourteous are defended and someone who is seeking more courtesy, or dealing with it, is mocked?

If you will, please reflect and get back to me if you wish.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 22:33]

Still no evidence of being 'discourteously on several occasions', apart from questioning you on this very topic?
You just fed of Daz's nonsense.
On on 22:36 - Aug 8 with 687 viewsDavillin

On on 22:20 - Aug 8 by Darran

Oh, let them prattle on, Darran. They're just proving the point of this thread. Over and over again.

On on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 681 viewsSwanzay

On on 22:34 - Aug 8 by Darran

And how f^cking thick are you? 😂

Yawn, do I really mean that much to you, that you have to reply to most of my posts? Im touched!
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:37 - Aug 8 with 680 viewsllangyfelach

All I see here is "do as I say, don't do as I do"

But then, what do I know, eh?

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:38 - Aug 8 with 680 viewsDarran

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:35 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

Still no evidence of being 'discourteously on several occasions', apart from questioning you on this very topic?

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:39 - Aug 8 with 675 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 22:35 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

The reason I have not blocked you is because you're proving yourself one of the "poster boys" for the lack of courtesy on here, and emphasizing my main point.

So go to it.

On on 22:40 - Aug 8 with 671 viewsDarran

On on 22:37 - Aug 8 by Swanzay

Yawn, do I really mean that much to you, that you have to reply to most of my posts? Im touched!

Honestly I'm pissing myself here,you slag someone off for years and when you PM him for advice you're surprised when you don't get a reply?

What a f^cking tw*t. 😂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024