Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migration.... 23:45 - Aug 14 with 7144 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

The new AVFTT is now my permanent home.

Oyston out.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Migration.... on 00:27 - Aug 15 with 5884 viewsOsbourne

Great to have you here.
Can you tell others to swap over too.
This is definitely the site to be on.
UTP!
Migration.... on 01:31 - Aug 15 with 5868 viewsseasider13

Welcome FSOG,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Migration.... on 08:21 - Aug 15 with 5826 viewsclarkestattoo

Migration.... on 01:31 - Aug 15 by seasider13

Welcome FSOG,

Have only just registered for on here but have to say it's like jumping in a Rolls Royce after being in a clapped out Mini!

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Migration.... on 10:12 - Aug 15 with 5811 viewswee_Bob

I think after that disastrous start that this board is getting a nice little momentum about it - think those who use it should spread the word on Saturday - I'll be telling a few mates about it - if we can increase those using it three food then you have a nice forum - didn't even bitter with the other one this morning when their top thread was 'Cliff Richard'
Migration.... on 13:06 - Aug 15 with 5773 viewsBigbrother

Find it interesting there's over 60 posters on board and 175 non users and yet so few people post!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Migration.... on 16:03 - Aug 15 with 5735 viewsAVFTTConvert

Migration.... on 13:06 - Aug 15 by Bigbrother

Find it interesting there's over 60 posters on board and 175 non users and yet so few people post!

Certainly seems a bit busier on here - seems the Moderator elections haven't gone down too well elsewhere

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Migration.... on 17:16 - Aug 15 with 5706 viewsronsonmg

Migration.... on 01:31 - Aug 15 by seasider13

Welcome FSOG,

Welcome Migration. It`ll warm up on this site once the others realise its a better place to be, with all its mod cons, n stuff.

UTP
Migration.... on 17:19 - Aug 15 with 5701 viewswespens

Migration.... on 17:16 - Aug 15 by ronsonmg

Welcome Migration. It`ll warm up on this site once the others realise its a better place to be, with all its mod cons, n stuff.

UTP

I love all the stuff on this site - is certainly getting busier (oh and better smilies!)

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Login to get fewer ads

Migration.... on 20:07 - Aug 15 with 5656 viewsSouthshorepool

Migration.... on 17:19 - Aug 15 by wespens

I love all the stuff on this site - is certainly getting busier (oh and better smilies!)

Going to continue to post on both. There are some fantastic posters on there like Chesh, 20's and BFC x3 to name 3. There are many more obviously. Like this site, it's finding it's feet as well due to the changes. The newly appointed mods seem ok with a broad range of opinion. I admire anyone who does that as it must be a sh1t job getting internet grief off one or two of the utter bells on there.
Each will find it's particular market.
All this site needs is time. I for example can't comment on the football as I haven't seen us yet (Burnley aside).

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Migration.... on 20:12 - Aug 15 with 5651 viewsFixitian

Migration.... on 20:07 - Aug 15 by Southshorepool

Going to continue to post on both. There are some fantastic posters on there like Chesh, 20's and BFC x3 to name 3. There are many more obviously. Like this site, it's finding it's feet as well due to the changes. The newly appointed mods seem ok with a broad range of opinion. I admire anyone who does that as it must be a sh1t job getting internet grief off one or two of the utter bells on there.
Each will find it's particular market.
All this site needs is time. I for example can't comment on the football as I haven't seen us yet (Burnley aside).

Welcome matey, the old site seems to have sunk into anarchy and depravation.
Migration.... on 22:43 - Aug 15 with 5611 viewshertfordseasider

Migration.... on 20:12 - Aug 15 by Fixitian

Welcome matey, the old site seems to have sunk into anarchy and depravation.

That's total nonsense Ian, the old site is no different to how it ever was, why the constant worry about it all?

If some of you are happy with being here then great, but why all the constant critics of the old site, why so threatened? It's just a message board!!
Migration.... on 22:52 - Aug 15 with 5602 viewsvoyeur

Absolutely right Herts. Some people are desperate to paint the old site as depraved and infested with vermin. When it is the usual mixture that you find on any well populated football forum.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Migration.... on 00:00 - Aug 16 with 5570 viewsWizaard

Migration.... on 22:52 - Aug 15 by voyeur

Absolutely right Herts. Some people are desperate to paint the old site as depraved and infested with vermin. When it is the usual mixture that you find on any well populated football forum.

It was the depravity and vermin I liked about it.

Migration.... on 09:17 - Aug 22 with 5381 viewsBFC_Tim

Migration.... on 00:00 - Aug 16 by Wizaard

It was the depravity and vermin I liked about it.

FSOG has been very quiet since his migration!!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Migration.... on 09:40 - Aug 22 with 5360 views911_Kirky

The other site seems to have turned it's back on football all together (the odd smattering now and then) other than that it's turned into one big bitch fest...... And a platform for anything anti Oyston and/or anyone who knows them! Still some excellent posters on there.

I'm out and this will be my permanent home. We just need more posters to make this board a good and interesting place to be!

UTMP
Migration.... on 09:52 - Aug 22 with 5347 viewswe_are_Superior

Migration.... on 09:40 - Aug 22 by 911_Kirky

The other site seems to have turned it's back on football all together (the odd smattering now and then) other than that it's turned into one big bitch fest...... And a platform for anything anti Oyston and/or anyone who knows them! Still some excellent posters on there.

I'm out and this will be my permanent home. We just need more posters to make this board a good and interesting place to be!

UTMP

Will always check out the other board and BHS but I like the fact it seems to be much more non-political on here .. downside of that though is it goes very quiet when there is no football to be discussed!!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Migration.... on 10:08 - Aug 22 with 5333 views20togo

Migration.... on 09:52 - Aug 22 by we_are_Superior

Will always check out the other board and BHS but I like the fact it seems to be much more non-political on here .. downside of that though is it goes very quiet when there is no football to be discussed!!

made no secret that I prefer the format of the old board and that is my preferred choice, simply because of the volume of traffic.

But I think Hertfords words will come back to haunt him. Anarchy is alive and well and that is simply because the balance of moderators is all wrong. And yes being a moderator is a tough job.
Migration.... on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 5310 viewsWizaard

Migration.... on 10:08 - Aug 22 by 20togo

made no secret that I prefer the format of the old board and that is my preferred choice, simply because of the volume of traffic.

But I think Hertfords words will come back to haunt him. Anarchy is alive and well and that is simply because the balance of moderators is all wrong. And yes being a moderator is a tough job.

Think the lie that Robbie was paid to do the job has been well and truly nailed by the experience of the new Mods.

Not something I'd want to do as you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Migration.... on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 5250 viewssmojo

So why are you still starting threads on the old one?

Poll: Should BSA fold to allow for a unified BST?

Migration.... on 16:12 - Aug 22 with 5207 viewschesterbfc

Migration.... on 13:35 - Aug 22 by smojo

So why are you still starting threads on the old one?

This site reminds me so much of the ol BASIL, All football ,no crap!!! All I want to know is how to get to a ground etc, NOT which is Thorton,s best Chippy, etc etc etc, It takes time but if it does the job BASIL did in the early days ,it will be great
Migration.... on 20:19 - Aug 22 with 5154 viewsOwain_Glyndwr

Migration.... on 10:54 - Aug 22 by Wizaard

Think the lie that Robbie was paid to do the job has been well and truly nailed by the experience of the new Mods.

Not something I'd want to do as you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I don't think anybody ever thought Robbie got paid to do the job, However Phil Trow would have made money on it

Its also a shame that 20's feels that way

The seeker of truth and justice

Migration.... on 21:02 - Aug 22 with 5132 viewsWizaard

Migration.... on 20:19 - Aug 22 by Owain_Glyndwr

I don't think anybody ever thought Robbie got paid to do the job, However Phil Trow would have made money on it

Its also a shame that 20's feels that way

Plenty commented that Robbie moderated as he was perceived to because of the kick backs from Oyston.
Migration.... on 22:43 - Aug 22 with 5102 viewsThe_Ghost

Migration.... on 21:02 - Aug 22 by Wizaard

Plenty commented that Robbie moderated as he was perceived to because of the kick backs from Oyston.

I remember even one poster was suggesting that Robbie was the owner and was receiving payment.

Others began to get personal after being banned and were surprised when they were ousted time after time.

And now there's a witch hunt. Tde74 may have been right
Migration.... on 23:28 - Aug 22 with 5088 viewshertfordseasider

Migration.... on 22:43 - Aug 22 by The_Ghost

I remember even one poster was suggesting that Robbie was the owner and was receiving payment.

Others began to get personal after being banned and were surprised when they were ousted time after time.

And now there's a witch hunt. Tde74 may have been right

Not sure why my comments would come back to haunt me?

I am not that enamoured with the other board, but then I am pretty fed up with KO's treatment of Riga to really muster much enthusiasm for the football at all.

This place is like the Steppford wives though!
Migration.... on 23:45 - Aug 22 with 5078 views20togo

Migration.... on 23:28 - Aug 22 by hertfordseasider

Not sure why my comments would come back to haunt me?

I am not that enamoured with the other board, but then I am pretty fed up with KO's treatment of Riga to really muster much enthusiasm for the football at all.

This place is like the Steppford wives though!

Hertford

I say it because of this.

"the old site is no different to how it ever was, why the constant worry about it all? "

I do think it is different and I'll say why. With ROBBIE as a moderator he was generally in the minority viewpoint with a lot of the major talking points. As a moderator I think that is no bad thing.

Now you have five out of the six moderators in the majority camp on those issues, And two of those moderators are very opinionated and outspoken in their views. As is their right as posters. But as I commented to one of them when he said as a moderator something along the lines of it was the views of the majority that were important, I felt he was wrong. It's the views of the minority that are more important. Otherwise the board will become more anarchistic - is that a word?

I think there are examples of it at the moment.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024