Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread 15:27 - Aug 15 with 48870 viewsPhil_S

And so here we are. Just under 14 weeks since we ended last season with a final day victory at Sunderland we start against the same opponents that we started against last season but this time we have to hope for a different result.

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35748/manchester-united-v
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:44 - Aug 16 with 2646 viewshooplehead

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:32 - Aug 16 by ItchySphincter

Yes. The opposition has to be taken in to account imo. If Yernited went to Barcelona and turned in a performance and a result like that it would be hailed as a great performance.

brill

the next 2 games are easy

9 from 9?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 15:44]
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:46 - Aug 16 with 2630 viewsPozuelosSideys

Hold on. We just won at OT in the first game of the season never having won there in the league before. We looked comfortable for most of it, defensively solid, decent on the break and even Ki looked like an excellent player (more of the same please!).

We have two world class strikers now, an outstanding no.10 and Monk got it tactically correct. We've blown every single moan and gripe out of the water today and people are moaning that we were ugly?

Fck off is it!?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:47 - Aug 16 with 2620 viewsunion_jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:38 - Aug 16 by perchrockjack

Lucky. Ugly? More Stella then. I'm halluciating ting ting

Ugly only because of the misplaced passes.

It was a great performance I agree and 3 points to boot.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 2573 viewsEdmundo

And what a way to start...
..thank you Man Ure.

The double is on

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 2567 viewsperchrockjack

No ugly is used in context of a result.it wasn't. Fab really wasn't exactly called upon to make many saves.
ash the arrogant again to blame for that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 2548 viewshooplehead

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 23:53 - Aug 15 by Davillin

My first public prediction of the result of a game [I think it is, anyway].

Swansea City to not lose.

And my second [same disclaimer].

Swans 2-1.

brilliant
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:57 - Aug 16 with 2509 viewsperchrockjack

Dab the guv

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:58 - Aug 16 with 2492 viewsUxbridge

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:29 - Aug 16 by C_jack

Don't get me wrong, needed to play the right game first, which we did, and then cashed in on whatever fortune we got, which we did.

Will certainly be drinking to celebrate the papering of cracks tonight.

Wow.

There's clearly room for improvement of course but if we're starting from a base of beating Manchester United away from home then things are looking pretty damn decent are they not?

Anyway, absolutely delighted ... both to see the Swans win but also for some of the players like Rangel, Tiendalli, Amat, Williams and Ki who had been written off before a ball was kicked. I thought defensively we were quite superb, and going forward we created some excellent chances which we took two of.

Edit - I hope the bloke in the Shechter t-shirt from Thursday is feeling suitably chastised for his writing off of Rangel. Did pretty damn well today I thought.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 15:59]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:09 - Aug 16 with 2378 viewsairedale

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:04 - Aug 15 by dickythorpe

Easiest 3 points away we'll get this season.

I reckon you'll be right.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:11 - Aug 16 with 2352 viewslifelong

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:58 - Aug 16 by Uxbridge

Wow.

There's clearly room for improvement of course but if we're starting from a base of beating Manchester United away from home then things are looking pretty damn decent are they not?

Anyway, absolutely delighted ... both to see the Swans win but also for some of the players like Rangel, Tiendalli, Amat, Williams and Ki who had been written off before a ball was kicked. I thought defensively we were quite superb, and going forward we created some excellent chances which we took two of.

Edit - I hope the bloke in the Shechter t-shirt from Thursday is feeling suitably chastised for his writing off of Rangel. Did pretty damn well today I thought.

What was impressive was the way we kept our shape after they had equalised, many sides would have folded at Old Trafford.

Very encouraging.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:13 - Aug 16 with 2340 viewsbluenile

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:23 - Aug 16 by C_jack

First half was spot on, pressed them high and gave them nothing, second half rode our luck, and the combination of such resulted in the winning goal. Happy days, just what we needed.

Always better to be lucky than good. Let's hope for 37 more lottery tickets.

Nothing lucky about the winning goal (apart from maybe Routledge's return cross for Siggy), but the build up from Wilf's cleverly taken free kick to Jeff's outstanding wing play and cross to Siggy's finish, all first rate!.................even before he came on those useless BT tw**s were stating that he had electrifying pace.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:14 - Aug 16 with 2335 viewsTownhill_Hilton

It's ten past three in the morning in Kiwiland where I live. That is the best start we have ever had in the league, right up there with 5-0 home at Leeds. Loved that we are back being Swansea, Monk has done brilliantly IMO bringing Gylfi and Ki back. Both superb today as was Ash at the back. This is what we were missing last year, that team spirit. Ye Celtic Gods I love my club.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:17 - Aug 16 with 2319 viewsUxbridge

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:11 - Aug 16 by lifelong

What was impressive was the way we kept our shape after they had equalised, many sides would have folded at Old Trafford.

Very encouraging.

Our defending as a team was excellent. I know that's something they've really worked on this summer and it looks to be bearing fruit. They simply couldn't get through us and while some may think Man United had the better of the game, they didn't create anything of note and we had the best chances and they only scored from a lucky ricochet.

Something that's becoming increasingly clear to me is that we're looking a pretty physical outfit. We were simply bigger and more powerful than Manchester United, and that would have been unbelievable not so long ago.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:26 - Aug 16 with 2268 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Well, that was rather perfect...

Taking the lead was amazing in itself, not least the goalscorer...but to come back and retake the lead was simply stunning.

Defended well, all the usual stuff people will already have said before me on the thread. Thought Tiendalli was excellent when he came on...you just knew it was going to be our day when he was looking classy...;)

Oh, to be living in a city full of Man Utd fans.....oh yeah, I do...

luvs it.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:34 - Aug 16 with 2217 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:26 - Aug 16 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Well, that was rather perfect...

Taking the lead was amazing in itself, not least the goalscorer...but to come back and retake the lead was simply stunning.

Defended well, all the usual stuff people will already have said before me on the thread. Thought Tiendalli was excellent when he came on...you just knew it was going to be our day when he was looking classy...;)

Oh, to be living in a city full of Man Utd fans.....oh yeah, I do...

luvs it.

It looks like the pre-season he missed last year has not been repeated and he's looking fitter than ever

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:34 - Aug 16 with 2211 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:12 - Aug 16 by hooplehead

i'm absolutely thrilled... but i thought it looked like two shit teams playing each other

i hope we improve and manage to pass the ball and stuff

Are you drunk. Blind or a Scummer.
Muppet of the Year in any case.
Unbelievable
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:44 - Aug 16 with 2142 viewsAnotherJohn

Just got off a domestic flight in a far away country and am 'over the moon' with this result. Funnily enough I predicted 2-1 last night in a local Man Utd themed bar, but without a great deal of conviction.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 2048 viewslondonlisa2001

Fantastic result, absolutely fantastic, but there are more reasons than that to be pleased.

The team defended tightly, were well organised, hunted in packs and demonstrated not only an excellent team spirit but also, key to being able to keep going for what must have been 100 mins overall, we looked fit.

Substitutions also top notch - recognised that Taylor couldn't defend any longer because of the yellow card and changed it pretty much straight away - and well done Tiendalli btw - excellent performance after he came on.

Recognised that Routledge was having more joy than Dyer, so even though Monetro was being brought on to the left, moved Routs across rather than take the easy option and take him off rather than Dyer.

Also, had obviously instructed Rangel to stay further back, meaning that he didn't get exposed for pace and we looked much more solid at the back as a result.

Other positives - Gomis looked very very good - this guy is going to be giving Bony a real run for his place this season and what a joy to have 2 genuinely top class forwards .

Ki was excellent - calm and composed - you could visibly see his confidence once he had scored, and wow, isn't he glad to be back with us. Amat played very well as well.

Fabianski took more high balls with assurance than Vorm did the whole of last season - also cracking save in the first half high to his left and he looked sharp in coming off his line as well a couple of times. Very impressive debut from him.

Our attitude was really top notch - we didn't let our heads drop once they scored, and kept on going even though the referee was definitely giving them as much as he possibly could.
They resorted to hoofing the ball for the final 15 mins which says it all. Very very good start and with a couple more coming in as well, we should all be looking forward to the season ahead.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 2043 viewsEdmundo

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:58 - Aug 16 by Uxbridge

Wow.

Well said Ux, not sure if he's from this board, but what a miserable/negative chump he was!

Maybe related to some on here though

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 2043 viewsphact0rri

Looking at the table if crystal palace can hold arse-nal to one goal scored... We can have a day in the number one slot.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2014 17:16]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:04 - Aug 16 with 2035 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:10 - Aug 16 by jacksinceever

Brilliant day! Best stream for any game I personally have managed to get, great game (for us and neutrals anyway) and topped off with a brilliant result !
Now we are top of the league and Manure bottom -who'd have thunk it !
To mis-quote Bill McLaren- "They'll be a lot of drunken Swansea Jacks on Wind Street tonight!"

One thing though - hope Montero leaves the theatrics behind.
Otherwise f*****n BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theatrics?
That was the vary same kind of Knee in the back that did for one of the best World Cup players (Neymar) and put him out for the rest of the tournament with a broken bone in his back.

Fellaini should have at least a yellow for that knee and a Red for th backhand to Ki's face.
He got off scot free. Swansea should cite him, Dean did nothing so a Retrospective Red is in order for the backhand.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:12 - Aug 16 with 1971 viewsUxbridge

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 by Edmundo

Well said Ux, not sure if he's from this board, but what a miserable/negative chump he was!

Maybe related to some on here though

He was a moderate compared to some of them!

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:14 - Aug 16 with 1960 viewsHerohead

Great win today, i have been looking forward to this season👍

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:23 - Aug 16 with 1906 viewsMolliemick

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:01 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

Fantastic result, absolutely fantastic, but there are more reasons than that to be pleased.

The team defended tightly, were well organised, hunted in packs and demonstrated not only an excellent team spirit but also, key to being able to keep going for what must have been 100 mins overall, we looked fit.

Substitutions also top notch - recognised that Taylor couldn't defend any longer because of the yellow card and changed it pretty much straight away - and well done Tiendalli btw - excellent performance after he came on.

Recognised that Routledge was having more joy than Dyer, so even though Monetro was being brought on to the left, moved Routs across rather than take the easy option and take him off rather than Dyer.

Also, had obviously instructed Rangel to stay further back, meaning that he didn't get exposed for pace and we looked much more solid at the back as a result.

Other positives - Gomis looked very very good - this guy is going to be giving Bony a real run for his place this season and what a joy to have 2 genuinely top class forwards .

Ki was excellent - calm and composed - you could visibly see his confidence once he had scored, and wow, isn't he glad to be back with us. Amat played very well as well.

Fabianski took more high balls with assurance than Vorm did the whole of last season - also cracking save in the first half high to his left and he looked sharp in coming off his line as well a couple of times. Very impressive debut from him.

Our attitude was really top notch - we didn't let our heads drop once they scored, and kept on going even though the referee was definitely giving them as much as he possibly could.
They resorted to hoofing the ball for the final 15 mins which says it all. Very very good start and with a couple more coming in as well, we should all be looking forward to the season ahead.

An excellent summary -- summed it all up perfectly. We were definitely much fitter and Gomis covered acres of ground. A wonderful performance. Monk must be delighted.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:29 - Aug 16 with 1869 viewsNogginthenog

Well i didn't expect that but it was very welcome anyway, well done Fabianski looks well assured. My only gripe would be Dyer's performance, didn't look too clever today.

That's a fantastic result fair dos.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024