Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh not British 13:22 - Sep 9 with 6558 viewsDarran

And Carwyn Jones is in Scotland campaigning for the No vote.

What a c*nt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh not British on 10:43 - Sep 10 with 1476 viewsSpratty

Labour politician wants to retain unity shocker. Considering the impact on the none Scottish Labour party of Scottish Independence it is far from surprising.

IMHO unity is strength especially in a common culture and both sides benefit. Hope the romance and history does not overwhelm common sense and understanding of all the implications that would ensue. We could all be significantly the poorer for it.
Welsh not British on 11:43 - Sep 10 with 1451 viewsDafyddHuw

Fùck me. All these people spouting why it would be a disaster for Scotland to go independant.

Never realised Planet Swans has so many economic experts.

Anyway, although it affects us, surely it's their business. Alex Salmond must be crapping himself now that this site has exposed his independence arguments.
Welsh not British on 12:17 - Sep 10 with 1442 viewsperchrockjack

daf.
Its 2014 and small is no longer good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh not British on 12:27 - Sep 10 with 1437 viewsmonmouth

Welsh not British on 11:43 - Sep 10 by DafyddHuw

Fùck me. All these people spouting why it would be a disaster for Scotland to go independant.

Anyway, although it affects us, surely it's their business. Alex Salmond must be crapping himself now that this site has exposed his independence arguments.

I reckon he's already crapping himself at the prospect of a yes vote as it was never on the cards until Cambo made such a mess of things - more powers under the safety net of the UK was always the real political game here. If they do get a yes next week, he won't have a scoob what to do next, so expect a 'my work is now done, I'm handing on to the next generation' type of sharp exit fairly soon, or at least an announcement of gradual handover. Scotland would then get The Sturge...and frankly, they'd deserve it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Welsh not British on 18:03 - Sep 10 with 1391 viewstrampie

Welsh not British on 15:17 - Sep 9 by perchrockjack

We live in England and are happy to do so.
It's hard to bite the hand it feeds..

I hope scots go yes, and do it properly.

They ll have no jobs, no currency of note, no hand outs , fook all.

Make it happen. Only thing is London will face another immigration problem as they ll bale out when they see how stupid they were to think they could be independent...

You live in the occupied territories.

The whole of Britannia belongs to the Celts.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh not British on 18:07 - Sep 10 with 1389 viewstrampie

Welsh not British on 19:02 - Sep 9 by union_jack

I posted yesterday that it may be better for England if Wales were to go independent.

I believe I am right in saying that the taxpayer puts proportionally more into Wales than England and as mist tax payers are English, questions will be asked.

I've said many times that England should be devolved also. Four home nations with their own powers and a central government dealing with overarching issues.

On a side note, I hear that Wales wants it's iwn criminal justice system. So that will mean 3 years for murder and life for calling someone Taff!!!

Wales criminal justice system was/still is the envy of the world, Hywel Dda was well named.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 18:13]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Welsh not British on 18:12 - Sep 10 with 1386 viewstrampie

Welsh not British on 18:56 - Sep 9 by exiledclaseboy

Carwyn Jones is the leader of the Labour Party in Wales. Labour's a unionist party and opposes independence for both Wales and Scotland. Why would anyone expect him to be campaigning for a Yes vote?

Anyhow, the "big three" have dropped the rest of the UK like a bad smell and are all buggering off to Scotland tomorrow. Guarantees a few thousand more Yes votes I'd imagine. The No campaign of late has been a complete shambles, embarrassing at times.

Whatever happens next Thursday, the UK is in for big constitutional changes. Even in the event of a vote to remain in the UK, Scotland will essentially be given home rule with more massive powers devolved to Holyrood. That has to trickle down to both Wales, where we'll also get further major devolution in time, and then to the English regions. Westminster will end up becoming the decision maker only for major foreign and domestic issues and a place of symbolic rather than practical importances. All this is some years away but it'll happen.

Ms Wood I have heard has been up there campaigning, obviously against the colonialist, unionist parties.

Welsh not British on 18:26 - Sep 10 with 1378 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welsh not British on 12:27 - Sep 10 by monmouth

I reckon he's already crapping himself at the prospect of a yes vote as it was never on the cards until Cambo made such a mess of things - more powers under the safety net of the UK was always the real political game here. If they do get a yes next week, he won't have a scoob what to do next, so expect a 'my work is now done, I'm handing on to the next generation' type of sharp exit fairly soon, or at least an announcement of gradual handover. Scotland would then get The Sturge...and frankly, they'd deserve it.

I think that Milliband and the rest of the Labour hierarchy are the ones crapping themselves the most. They have the most to lose if there are no Scottish MPs at the next election.

It's a delicious irony that the Labour party started the devolution process.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh not British on 18:50 - Sep 10 with 1358 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh not British on 18:26 - Sep 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I think that Milliband and the rest of the Labour hierarchy are the ones crapping themselves the most. They have the most to lose if there are no Scottish MPs at the next election.

It's a delicious irony that the Labour party started the devolution process.

There will be Scottish MPs at the next election. Whatever happens next week Scotland will still be part of the UK in May next year. They'll probably disappear at some point half way through the next parliament.

The notion that Labour will never win without Scotland is a bit over-egged. They'll find it more difficult for sure but Blair would still have won two (possibly all three, I can't remember) of his elections without Scottish MPs. It would be a catastrophe for both main parties.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh not British on 19:11 - Sep 10 with 1345 viewsSpratty

Welsh not British on 18:03 - Sep 10 by trampie

Not according to the dinosaurs - for clarity I of course refer to the prehistoric reptilian creatures, not the current day ones.
Welsh not British on 22:11 - Sep 10 with 1304 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Welsh not British on 18:50 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

There will be Scottish MPs at the next election. Whatever happens next week Scotland will still be part of the UK in May next year. They'll probably disappear at some point half way through the next parliament.

The notion that Labour will never win without Scotland is a bit over-egged. They'll find it more difficult for sure but Blair would still have won two (possibly all three, I can't remember) of his elections without Scottish MPs. It would be a catastrophe for both main parties.

Indeed there will be Scottish MPs next May. They'd then be marched out of the gaff in March 2016 in all likelihood, before the West Lothian question becomes a bigger issue than it is already.

Similarly, agree that the 'Tories forever' is an over-reaction. With the re-drawing of the landscape, it's arguable there'd be less to do to regain power.

This is has been an argument that the 'no' campaign has been subtly pushing under Darling, but which has little basis in fact. Labour's complacency in this respect has been alarming and it's little shock that it's their core voters who may be swinging the result in the opposite direction.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 22:12]
Welsh not British on 22:22 - Sep 10 with 1289 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welsh not British on 18:50 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

I agree with you and didn't say that the Tories would automatically win every time if Scotland votes yes.

I stand by my statement that Labour has the most to lose though. Labour currently has 41 Scottish MPs to the Tories' 1 and at the height of Blair's power they had 54 to the Tories' none. Those aren't good figures for Labour should a yes vote prevail next week.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Welsh not British on 22:47 - Sep 10 with 1277 viewstomdickharry

Ask this Caerwyn Jones fella his opinion as to whether Wales should have a Welsh Rugby/Football team or a UK one,million to one he won't say UK,talk about shifting sands.
Welsh not British on 23:29 - Sep 10 with 1264 viewsperchrockjack

Trample.
I'm quite happy here.
I can see wales from the west room but I don't hsave to go.
Anyway, the counts charge you for carrier bags

Welsh not British on 00:35 - Sep 11 with 1254 viewsjazzswan

Welsh AND British... Of course!
Welsh not British on 05:26 - Sep 11 with 1222 viewsLohengrin

Welsh not British on 18:03 - Sep 10 by trampie

Not every nationalist message finds a receptive audience, not everybody is scared to rock the boat if need be.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 6:03]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welsh not British on 08:35 - Sep 11 with 1197 viewsNOTRAC

At the end of the day it is all about power.Power for politicians that is.
If ever there is a growth industry in this country it is in politics.
Economically it is definitely worth everyone in this country joining their political party of choice and going to their local ward meetings etc.There is no knowing where it might lead them.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Welsh not British on 09:25 - Sep 11 with 1181 viewstomdickharry

Welsh not British on 08:35 - Sep 11 by NOTRAC

At the end of the day it is all about power.Power for politicians that is.
If ever there is a growth industry in this country it is in politics.
Economically it is definitely worth everyone in this country joining their political party of choice and going to their local ward meetings etc.There is no knowing where it might lead them.

One thing is certain the bank balance increases,even in local politics.
Welsh not British on 09:27 - Sep 11 with 1180 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Is right.

If a nation gets the politicians it deserves, then this lot don't say much for us.

Whatever happens in the referendum, at least it has engaged people again. Not always for the right reasons, I grant you, but it's a start. An turnout of between 80 and 90%, which is expected, won't be seen for a long while but it might get a few more people to take an interest in their local arrangements.

This week's been rather exciting, I reckon.
Welsh not British on 18:43 - Sep 15 with 1126 viewsjazzswan

Welsh and British!!

So there MAYBE more OIL off the Shetlands. So is independence about being a greedy ba****d? It would paperer so! Like discovering the song "CALON LAN" is worth £10 million every time it is sung! Is that a case for Welsh independence? No , purely greed!

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the JOCKS vote YES, there is a sting in the tail.... There is NO AGREEMENT on UK territorial Waters! This will get like a messy divorce and the UK (of which I am a part) should fight tooth and nail to keep it's waters as there is no mention of it in the LAND agreement for independence!! Of course Carwyn James is up there.. he is defending OUR Welsh interests!!
Welsh not British on 21:26 - Sep 15 with 1091 viewsCatullus

Welsh not British on 11:43 - Sep 10 by DafyddHuw

DH, you don't have to be a financial expert, just listen to what the real experts are saying, Creditte Suisse to start with.

Although I am coming around to the idea of independence!!

Think about it, We can dam up the valleys and sell the water. We can cover our rooftops with solar panels and sell the extra electricity on. We can become a tax haven. And we would have Swansea and Cardiff in Champions league qualifying rounds every season, as well as us getting to beat them 4 times a season!!
And with the financial chaos caused by us and Scotland leaving, England would be in such a mess, they'd agree to anything.

people say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope one day you will join me....etc etc.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welsh not British on 22:49 - Sep 15 with 1074 viewsperchrockjack

And the world will live as one.. Fookn scousers tune that la

Welsh not British on 05:18 - Sep 16 with 1052 viewsYoungGun

don't forget the Irish, let them hop on this peace train and lets go for a ride where ever it lands where ever it ends up it will be fun whats life without a venture go for it dudes sail away, break away
Welsh not British on 07:27 - Sep 16 with 1035 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welsh not British on 10:16 - Sep 10 by perchrockjack

IF they were to vote yes, the pound, that our pound, would plummet ,making us all suffer.
So we re quite happy to risk this for what? and independence Scotland.

If they went in with ROE that would alright but then religion would come into it releasing more bitterness and sectarianism into the equation.

Some like Kilkenny have a child like vision of the old country, well its 2014 and its too late. The newly independent countries have been proper countries in their own right for centuries most ripped to pieces by mother Russia-.

Still, at least those who care for the common man, wont be able to blame the fat Yanks for this nor even ISRAEL.

Not much regarding GAZA recently either, no doubt as Scotland is now the new cause..
Anyway, my mum used to play Andy Stewrat and "the Scottish soldier" for many years at Christmas and NEW year

If America can't possibly be blamed for this, I am really concerned that we are losing our touch.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Welsh not British on 08:19 - Sep 16 with 1019 viewsItchySphincter

Ridiculous that they should be allowed to vote anyway. WTF do the people know anyway and why isn't the rest of the Union given a say in the matter? Utter farce and a big fat 'NO' coming up. Do they think that Salmon is going to be some kind of benevolent dictator or something? He's a greasy chancer who should be taken straight to the Tower. If they can raise an army and build their own f*cking wall then they can have independence the stupid jock c*nts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024