Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! 15:27 - Nov 3 with 18702 viewsNOTRAC

Although the 2014 accounts have not been published and submitted to Companies House in respect of Swansea City AFC ,the Trust has just published their 2014 accounts on their new website.
From these one thing stands out.The Trust has received a further dividend for the 2014 year of £210,000 which means that a total dividend of £1m has been declared and paid to all the shareholders.
This means that for each £100,000 originally invested by each shareholder they have now received a Return of £300,000, that is, three times their original investments.
If it is true that they are also looking to sell their shares to the American investors there is only one thing that can be said about them
They are greedy bastards who are no different to Mr Petty, the man they once decried.
Surely they should now do a Mel Nurse, and gift their shares back to the club, and prove that they are men of integrity and not the crap that they appear to be turning into.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:34 - Nov 3 with 4376 viewsmonmouth

If you think that is greed, I suspect you aint seen nothing yet!

The best we can hope for now, in my view, is sustainable greed, and not new money obsessed new equity 'benefactors' looking to increase their share values, but also guaranteeing their returns by loading on (let's say for example 7%) debt 'investment'......plus taking dividends. Remember as UX and Lisa have pointedly signposted, a change of shareholder brings no 'investment' into the club at all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:38 - Nov 3 with 4343 viewsUxbridge

I should point out this isn't news. It was in the Trust newsletter months ago, and I know Clasey pointed it out around the same time.

I should also point out that Mel didn't gift the shares back to the club, although at a price of £400k for 5% it was for relative peanuts compared to some valuations and if some of the smaller shareholders wanted to do that I for one would have no objections whatsoever.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:40 - Nov 3 with 4329 viewsParlay

Petty tried to ruin the club for financial gain. I don't think the current crop are looking to ruin the club do you? Ia dividend payout it normal in any business. ts highly offensive to the club to compare them to Tony Petty.

Its not nice to think that they are profiting where the costs as fans seem to be going up though. Whenever there is a mass dividend payout then there should also be a match price ticket slash.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:43 - Nov 3 with 4295 viewsNOTRAC

Fair enough Uxbridge, but I haven't seen confirmation of the dividends on here previously.It doesn't alter the scenario however.
To take that sort of money from the Club and still look to sell the shares is an absolute disgrace and goes against all the original honourable intentions they might once have had.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:45 - Nov 3 with 4273 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wow, such anger at business men (and fans) making a big profit for the risks they took without which the club would not even exist.
Can you tell me when they invested their money and how many years they actually made a profit on their "investment"?
They are paid a wage as well, but do those two combined equal any "Star" players wages?
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:46 - Nov 3 with 4270 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:43 - Nov 3 by NOTRAC

Fair enough Uxbridge, but I haven't seen confirmation of the dividends on here previously.It doesn't alter the scenario however.
To take that sort of money from the Club and still look to sell the shares is an absolute disgrace and goes against all the original honourable intentions they might once have had.

It doesn't alter the facts, I agree.

I also agree the current shareholders have a moral obligation to act in the best interests of the football club and ensure the future prosperity of Swansea City Football Club.This club has been built on the ethos of being run by fans for the fans, and it's value now is inherently based on the goodwill they've enjoyed as such.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:47 - Nov 3 with 4260 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:45 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Wow, such anger at business men (and fans) making a big profit for the risks they took without which the club would not even exist.
Can you tell me when they invested their money and how many years they actually made a profit on their "investment"?
They are paid a wage as well, but do those two combined equal any "Star" players wages?

Companies House is very good at telling us when individuals invested in the club.

Regarding wages, it's worth noting that only two of the shareholders are also employees of the club.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:53 - Nov 3 with 4232 viewstomdickharry

There is no shadow of doubt that the amount received by Shareholders in a "Fans" club such as ours is obscene,as the years have drifted by since Dvd1 was paid some shareholders have become very wealthy people on the backs of the football club and its loyal supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:53 - Nov 3 with 4227 viewsNOTRAC

Whenever they "invested "their original money , it was in the club, to keep football afloat in Swansea.
They have now had their money back three times over.
Surely if their original intentions now hold good , they should gift a proportion of their shares to the Trust to give them a controlling interest, rather than jeopardise our future by selling to American investors purely for gain.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:54 - Nov 3 with 4225 viewsBatterseajack

The directors probably deserve more than that considering they risked their own wealth (for over 10 years), could have lost the lot and have steered us from league 2 to where we are now.

Compare this to what some of our players earn too, this is nothing.

Compare this against what some outside investors want and we got ourselves a good deal.

Not sure why so many people are against our board getting paid. They should be paid/rewarded handsomely in my mind when the goings good.
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:54 - Nov 3 with 4219 viewsPegojack

How about the current directors coming to an agreement to allow the Trust to purchase some of their shares using the dividend money it is accumulating? I know it wouldn't amount to a lot, but it would be a step in the right direction. Maybe bump up the Trust shareholding from 20% to 25% for example, and give the directors the opportunity to dilute their holding and earn a premium (which is what they're looking to do now by talking to 'investors') while making sure some of their shares are going into the right hands.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 15:56]
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:59 - Nov 3 with 4184 viewstomdickharry

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:47 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Companies House is very good at telling us when individuals invested in the club.

Regarding wages, it's worth noting that only two of the shareholders are also employees of the club.

Isn't it a fact that certain shareholders/directors are stakeholders in companies that have carried out substantive work for the club?
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:59 - Nov 3 with 4181 viewsParlay

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:54 - Nov 3 by Pegojack

How about the current directors coming to an agreement to allow the Trust to purchase some of their shares using the dividend money it is accumulating? I know it wouldn't amount to a lot, but it would be a step in the right direction. Maybe bump up the Trust shareholding from 20% to 25% for example, and give the directors the opportunity to dilute their holding and earn a premium (which is what they're looking to do now by talking to 'investors') while making sure some of their shares are going into the right hands.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 15:56]

Cant the trusts shares get diluted though by any new controlling shareholder creating a new share issue?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:03 - Nov 3 with 4165 viewsClinton

Happy for them to get a dividend for every year we stay in the premier league.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:04 - Nov 3 with 4159 viewsmonmouth

I've absolutely no beef with them getting dividends but I, like many others have long been banging Parlay's drum above about matching incentives to the fanbase.

As part of that I'd also like to see reintroduction of the trust membership being part of the season ticket price, but this time fully funded by the club (ie in effect a price reduction even though the overall price paid might be the same). So take your dividend but also benefit the club and strengthen the trust. It seems again to me as a relative expat outsider that the trust has become rather an inconvenience. If they really care about the club, the directors should be looking to make it a bigger inconvenience, not trying to portray it as a blocker.

It seems like the time is approaching when they will be put to the test. I hope they remember that excessive cash is temporary (they'll all be rich anyway), peddling a lie for 10 years and proving you have no real moral courage is permanent, and inescapable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:05 - Nov 3 with 4152 viewsZut_Alors

Have no problem with the dividend. Only thing that is key for me, though, is that from the point where financial returns are being received, hard work and results are to be expected. As the club is in the best shape it's ever been, both on and off the field, I feel they are fulfilling their responsibilities and should be rewarded.

Do feel that fans should also get returns on this period of prosperity, too, perhaps more cheap tickets available for cup games and further subsidised away travel.
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:14 - Nov 3 with 4109 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:59 - Nov 3 by tomdickharry

Isn't it a fact that certain shareholders/directors are stakeholders in companies that have carried out substantive work for the club?

If you mean Landore, then yes. That was in last year's accounts.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:15 - Nov 3 with 4092 viewsItchySphincter

I'd rather a relatively small dividend awarded for good work rather than money disappearing out of the club and out of the country all in the name of investment. People need to remember that dividends can only be paid on profits and as much our current board are a merry bunch of white knights they are also business men. I'm not saying that we should be throwing money at them but from what I'm led to believe their annual salaries are not comparable to other PL clubs - I may be wrong but I don't think HJ even drew a salary for the first couple of years of being a director/chairman.

We need to be careful what we wish for/moan about and concentrate on making the trust as strong as possible.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 16:20]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:20 - Nov 3 with 4066 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:15 - Nov 3 by ItchySphincter

I'd rather a relatively small dividend awarded for good work rather than money disappearing out of the club and out of the country all in the name of investment. People need to remember that dividends can only be paid on profits and as much our current board are a merry bunch of white knights they are also business men. I'm not saying that we should be throwing money at them but from what I'm led to believe their annual salaries are not comparable to other PL clubs - I may be wrong but I don't think HJ even drew a salary for the first couple of years of being a director/chairman.

We need to be careful what we wish for/moan about and concentrate on making the trust as strong as possible.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 16:20]

That was very true. Now it is not the case.

I don't think anyone's saying that the club should be a financial imposition on anyone. If someone is working for the club then they should be paid accordingly. Personally I'd be more than happy to see us paying market rate to ensure the best people are employed by the club.

We should also remember that dividends and salaries are two very different things also. In some cases, certain individuals will earn both.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:22 - Nov 3 with 4049 viewsLord_Bony

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:53 - Nov 3 by NOTRAC

Whenever they "invested "their original money , it was in the club, to keep football afloat in Swansea.
They have now had their money back three times over.
Surely if their original intentions now hold good , they should gift a proportion of their shares to the Trust to give them a controlling interest, rather than jeopardise our future by selling to American investors purely for gain.

I really don t know what planet you are living on or what crap you are going to come out with next.

Look sonny...it s very simple...

If you invest money it s like being at the poker table...you may win,lose or break even...either way you are taking a chance in order to make some gain.

Those people took one hell of a chance when they invested in our football club...a lot of them just ordinary people who put their all into the pot...they did not know if they would see a return on it at the time,it was done to help the club that so desperately needed the cash at the time just to keep head above water...without the cash flow it would have been finished,I for one remember that period well.

Those people who bought shares could EASILY have lost the lot had it all gone tits up,make no mistake.
Luckily,for EVERYONE the club went on to be a great success...some would say greater than in their wildest dreams.

So now here we are with big money knocking the door and the value of the shares gone up...and you re saying they should now hand the profit back? ffs....

Good luck to those investors I say and their families and thanks to them too...

Any money to get pumped back into the club should now come from other sources and big business...that's where the real cash is.. but I do agree the trust should remain strong...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2014 16:27]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:23 - Nov 3 with 4040 viewsFag_Ash_Will

After the risk they took all those years ago, I'd be looking to cream off more than they have had over the last couple of years if I were in their shoes.

I don't begrudge them a penny.
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:28 - Nov 3 with 4016 viewsItchySphincter

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:20 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

That was very true. Now it is not the case.

I don't think anyone's saying that the club should be a financial imposition on anyone. If someone is working for the club then they should be paid accordingly. Personally I'd be more than happy to see us paying market rate to ensure the best people are employed by the club.

We should also remember that dividends and salaries are two very different things also. In some cases, certain individuals will earn both.

I agree 100%. You've made the point before and I agreed last time. I would rather pay market rate but I can understand why wages are kept relatively low with a dividend top up. It's the way I operate my business but that it out of necessity/safety more than anything else. Not the same for the club these days. If our cash flow is sufficient and there is cash at the bank maybe salaries should be looked at.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:30 - Nov 3 with 3991 viewsOldjack

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:45 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Well said ,for without them we'd not be here now i've no doubt ,good luck to them i say ,I wonder what happened to my £100 bond i invested years back ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:32 - Nov 3 with 3977 viewsicecoldjack

I don't think anyone is really bothered about them taking money out.

Im happy for them to do it, a million quid is fook all really and im pretty sure that people in charge of similar clubs take quite a bit more than that.

The riddler was taking 500k a year out of the scummers for various things including consultency fees, i think his wife was also taking something out!

Somebody smartly mentioned a week or so ago about the potential investment from america being a nudge to what may happen in the future as an antidote to them taking out a dividend this year, it makes sense i have to say.

All in all if they are taking a bit out as we continue our journey i don't really see a problem with it.

One thing i would like to see is a proper professional employed to take care of certain running aspects of our club, i got no problem with them sitting back and getting a pay out, the problems start when they try and be all things to all people.

We are playing in the big time now so i see nothing wrong with employing high end professionals to run the club, the board can still take a pay out as well.
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:33 - Nov 3 with 3960 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:28 - Nov 3 by ItchySphincter

I agree 100%. You've made the point before and I agreed last time. I would rather pay market rate but I can understand why wages are kept relatively low with a dividend top up. It's the way I operate my business but that it out of necessity/safety more than anything else. Not the same for the club these days. If our cash flow is sufficient and there is cash at the bank maybe salaries should be looked at.

I'd probably argue that such things pay for themselves, especially if you link salaries to performance. There's so much more potential for the club to grow organically that I don't see why it would be in the club's interests for any change.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024