Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The two Chilean lads... 20:28 - Nov 8 with 9316 viewsEalingRanger

... I think we'd all say they had something of a shaky start to life in England. However, ever since 'Arry stuck them on the right hand side they've started to improve, and dare I say it their understanding looked telepathic tonight.

Awareness, intelligence quality first touch and they work their bollocks off as well. Would be delighted to see them signed up permanently.
The two Chilean lads... on 20:37 - Nov 8 with 5363 viewsStanisgod

Big teams watching vargas already apparently

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The two Chilean lads... on 20:42 - Nov 8 with 5322 viewsdavman

We can now judge Harry as the squad is fit and so far, so good. The real test comes when we have a 'winnable' away game as Harry needs to continue on the front foot. This lot CANNOT shut up shop; its got to be attack, attack, attack!

Isla and Vargas are class acts and we all need to remember BOTH of them are playing out of position. The effort is there for all to see; certainly the right sort.

Now Harry finally has found a team, he has a chance to prove me and many others wrong...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The two Chilean lads... on 20:48 - Nov 8 with 5277 viewsEalingRanger

The two Chilean lads... on 20:37 - Nov 8 by Stanisgod

Big teams watching vargas already apparently

Can't blame them. He's playing out of position but he's still absolute quality. If that overhead had gone I probably would have exploded there and then.
The two Chilean lads... on 20:51 - Nov 8 with 5252 viewskropotkin41

What is the matter with you lot? Enjoy the fact that Vargas is playing for us now. For gawd's sake!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The two Chilean lads... on 20:52 - Nov 8 with 5236 viewsN12Hoop

Their first thought is to go forward. As much as I liked Simpson he was just as likely to go backwards. Therefore as a team we are suddenly much more attacking and the frustration of turning attack to defence has almost disappeared.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

The two Chilean lads... on 20:59 - Nov 8 with 5193 viewsbosh67

I would love to see Vargas play down the middle for the last 20 minutes. He really is an awesome talent.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The two Chilean lads... on 21:00 - Nov 8 with 5189 viewsWestonsuperR

Sign Isla up? 3 or 4 decent games in a row now but had a truly dreadful start to his career with us, so much so many wanted to send him back. Possibly getting carried away with a few good performances, worth remembering as well our defence has let in more goals than any team this season so not sure the stats back up a call for a permanent signing.
The two Chilean lads... on 21:07 - Nov 8 with 5142 viewsBklynRanger

Apart from one very dodgy pass and the foul throw it looked, on the telly, like Isla had his best game for us.

He seems to be a quick learner - doing a good job of choosing when to get forward as a rb. Carl Henry has to get some credit for that though, the man is a covering machine. And Redknapp for creating that option it has to be said. (Or Hoddle :)
Login to get fewer ads

The two Chilean lads... on 21:07 - Nov 8 with 5135 viewsWatfordR

The two Chilean lads... on 20:59 - Nov 8 by bosh67

I would love to see Vargas play down the middle for the last 20 minutes. He really is an awesome talent.

Got to say I am beginning to feel a bit of man love for Vargas.
The two Chilean lads... on 21:11 - Nov 8 with 5106 viewsIrishR

We jumped the gun with Ledesma a little but Vargas is immense, due to his work rate and talent to go with it if we have the option he should be the 1st thing we do at xmas, both him and isla have been messed around at "big clubs" we could have an advantage going in at that angle that they will be fan favourites and play 100% of the time in london with a team that should(a big should) get slightly better each year with the addition of one or 2 players. in January i would like us to try get them both and 1 striker. Next summer another striker and a CB. we have LB and RB covered, also enough midfielders and 2 very good keepers. We obviously need to keep up the good work and play with the passion we are showing and then we will stay in the division and build from there.
The two Chilean lads... on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 4895 viewsCamberleyR

Can you subsequently permanently sign a player who's on a season long loan to you? If so, first thing January 2nd, get Vargas signed permanently ASAP.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The two Chilean lads... on 22:43 - Nov 8 with 4793 viewsWesty75

Agree the above. Both are starting to look the business.
The two Chilean lads... on 22:47 - Nov 8 with 4770 viewsterryb

The two Chilean lads... on 20:51 - Nov 8 by kropotkin41

What is the matter with you lot? Enjoy the fact that Vargas is playing for us now. For gawd's sake!

Oh I am!

The man has so much talent & he works his b******s off every match.

He has the ability to play in a title winning side.

Please God, let our two men from Chile still be playing for us next season!
The two Chilean lads... on 22:53 - Nov 8 with 4740 viewswestberksr

The two Chilean lads... on 21:00 - Nov 8 by WestonsuperR

Sign Isla up? 3 or 4 decent games in a row now but had a truly dreadful start to his career with us, so much so many wanted to send him back. Possibly getting carried away with a few good performances, worth remembering as well our defence has let in more goals than any team this season so not sure the stats back up a call for a permanent signing.

Has had to learn to play RB as he is naturally a wing back, this with either phillips or hoillet half heartedly supporting him and Rio standing about 20 foot to his left....

Given proper defenders and a mate playing alongside him, suddenly he looks a lot better, hardly a surprise really. Not sure why Vargas was dropped after Southampton as they looked pretty good together then as well.
The two Chilean lads... on 22:55 - Nov 8 with 4731 viewsstansleftfoot

The two Chilean lads... on 22:43 - Nov 8 by Westy75

Agree the above. Both are starting to look the business.

The most encouraging aspect of our Chilean imports, is that other's haven't wanted to sign them permanently before, and they really want to put their footprint on the game.
I don't mind Fer, Isla errors, it's nerve ripping stuff, but they are fundamentally positive, creative players, at Loftus Road, it doesn't take long for the message to get through to the Fan's...I don't begin to understood the process, but we should be trying to sign them both, right now!
The two Chilean lads... on 22:59 - Nov 8 with 4714 viewswombat

The two Chilean lads... on 22:55 - Nov 8 by stansleftfoot

The most encouraging aspect of our Chilean imports, is that other's haven't wanted to sign them permanently before, and they really want to put their footprint on the game.
I don't mind Fer, Isla errors, it's nerve ripping stuff, but they are fundamentally positive, creative players, at Loftus Road, it doesn't take long for the message to get through to the Fan's...I don't begin to understood the process, but we should be trying to sign them both, right now!

Thought we already had an deal in place for Vergas ?
Thought both looked immense today

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The two Chilean lads... on 23:00 - Nov 8 with 4707 viewsbarbicanranger

And most importantly, Vargas can take a set piece - I think every corner or free-kick he took the ball remained alive or in a dangerous area in the following play. Was really refreshing.
The two Chilean lads... on 23:07 - Nov 8 with 4674 viewsDylanP

It really isn't that surprising that both needed a bit of time to adjust to life in the Premiership. They also needed some time to develop chemistry with each other and the rest of the team.

I always thought people were off their rockers to be so hard on our team after 5 games. It just isn't enough time. Game time experience is what it takes to build the bonds that are needed to play as a team. Things are beginning to click and that is great.

I thought Vargas was awesome and Isla is great behind him. I don't know why people say they are out of position. Vargas was advertised as a striker or attacking wide man when he came and Isla was advertised as a right back or wing back. That is more-or-less the roles each are playing. its not like we are playing a winger in defense or a goalie in attack.

They look good where they are. More power to each. Every time Vargas got the ball he looked dangerous. The partnership brought so much creativity and danger. Long may it continue.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The two Chilean lads... on 23:16 - Nov 8 with 4655 viewsPunteR

Vargas my man of the match. Class. Could easily play for a top 4 side .... unfortunately.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The two Chilean lads... on 23:30 - Nov 8 with 4618 viewsVancouverHoop

Do they play the same positions in the Chilean national squad? I know Isla does – in fact he's the only right back in the squad according to Wiki. Not sure about Vargas though, he seems to be used as a striker more often.

Isla seems more likely to sign (he's here "with a view to a permanent deal.) With Vargas there's no mention of anything like that. Also Napoli paid £11.5 million for him, so they'll be looking to recoup that amount, at least.
The two Chilean lads... on 23:40 - Nov 8 with 4574 viewsTheBlob

The two Chilean lads... on 23:30 - Nov 8 by VancouverHoop

Do they play the same positions in the Chilean national squad? I know Isla does – in fact he's the only right back in the squad according to Wiki. Not sure about Vargas though, he seems to be used as a striker more often.

Isla seems more likely to sign (he's here "with a view to a permanent deal.) With Vargas there's no mention of anything like that. Also Napoli paid £11.5 million for him, so they'll be looking to recoup that amount, at least.

I think a figure of £9m was mentioned for a permanent move for Vargas.He plays up top for Chile with Sanchez just behind,or the roles reversed.He looks at home in the Prem,really suits his style more than Spain or Italy.Both Napoli and Valencia played him wide,but Gremio played him down the middle where he got some good strikes.You must get these high tempo South American players in,Aguerro showed you why as well,tough as old boots and immense engines.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2014 23:40]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The two Chilean lads... on 23:42 - Nov 8 with 4563 viewsterryb

I thought both had signed with deals agreed for next summer.

11.5m euros for Eduardo?

That would be superb business by us.
The two Chilean lads... on 00:08 - Nov 9 with 4498 viewssmegma

Isla isnt as good as Danny Simpson.

I read it on here.
The two Chilean lads... on 00:38 - Nov 9 with 4443 viewsitsbiga

Vargas is going to get a Ballon D'or one day

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

The two Chilean lads... on 08:36 - Nov 9 with 4216 viewsenfieldargh

The two Chilean lads... on 00:38 - Nov 9 by itsbiga

Vargas is going to get a Ballon D'or one day

Vargas's overhead kick was not deemed a highlight by match of the day

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024