Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? 14:19 - Nov 14 with 5971 viewsAllezBlackpool

Demonstrations, in-fighting, no atmosphere!!!! Teams will come to Bloomfield Road now relishing playing us. Even away fans must enjoy it. If everyone pulled together and made the atmosphere intimidating for away fans and teams, and not our own team, it might just help a bit.

Just a thought anyway. Its Friday and I'm bored.

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 14:31 - Nov 14 with 4807 viewsWizaard

It can't help. The crucial question is just how much it hurts the team.

Of course, some would say that the fans are harming the club just by being there...

The fans who most love the club haven't been for two years apparently,
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:03 - Nov 14 with 4777 viewsHarryHorse

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 14:31 - Nov 14 by Wizaard

It can't help. The crucial question is just how much it hurts the team.

Of course, some would say that the fans are harming the club just by being there...

The fans who most love the club haven't been for two years apparently,

We have won one game . We won it when the demonstrations were particularly vocal . No the fans are not to blame for ANY of our current problems .
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:09 - Nov 14 with 4772 viewsAllezBlackpool

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:03 - Nov 14 by HarryHorse

We have won one game . We won it when the demonstrations were particularly vocal . No the fans are not to blame for ANY of our current problems .

Thats just it Harry. One game. Maybe it would br
more if we all pulled together....

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:15 - Nov 14 with 4765 viewsHarryHorse

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:09 - Nov 14 by AllezBlackpool

Thats just it Harry. One game. Maybe it would br
more if we all pulled together....

I agree Allez , pull together against the owners : they are to blame for this , no-one else .
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:30 - Nov 14 with 4752 viewsAllezBlackpool

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:15 - Nov 14 by HarryHorse

I agree Allez , pull together against the owners : they are to blame for this , no-one else .

No...pull together against the oppisition players and fans.
Just a thought! And noI am not sticking up for Oyston.

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 19:20 - Nov 14 with 4694 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 15:30 - Nov 14 by AllezBlackpool

No...pull together against the oppisition players and fans.
Just a thought! And noI am not sticking up for Oyston.

Predicted all this negativity would only accelerate our demise. When fans are preferring to take the club into the Conference in the tiny hope it causes a change of ownership then there's no chance of competing against other clubs and being successful. The town of Blackpool won't have a football club in the top two leagues for a very long time after this season. Wish we had a decent fan base to overcome this in the way Man Utd can with the Glazers but we don't and are a small fish in all of the top 3 divisions already attendance-wise so simply can't withstand such self-defeatism.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 19:30 - Nov 14 with 4681 viewsPlumbs

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 19:20 - Nov 14 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Predicted all this negativity would only accelerate our demise. When fans are preferring to take the club into the Conference in the tiny hope it causes a change of ownership then there's no chance of competing against other clubs and being successful. The town of Blackpool won't have a football club in the top two leagues for a very long time after this season. Wish we had a decent fan base to overcome this in the way Man Utd can with the Glazers but we don't and are a small fish in all of the top 3 divisions already attendance-wise so simply can't withstand such self-defeatism.

The club did have a decent fanbase and it was growing,but the 'superfans' turned against them when the Seasiders were in the PL and doing well in the C/S.

People are no fools and decided the O's taking the pee was enough,so its back to square one and first base.

The undercurrent of acrimony towards the people who 'werent there at Barnet' is one reason why Blackpool FC will always have problems-irrespective of whatever the Oystons do.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2014 19:33]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 20:21 - Nov 14 with 4653 viewstangerinemoss

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 19:30 - Nov 14 by Plumbs

The club did have a decent fanbase and it was growing,but the 'superfans' turned against them when the Seasiders were in the PL and doing well in the C/S.

People are no fools and decided the O's taking the pee was enough,so its back to square one and first base.

The undercurrent of acrimony towards the people who 'werent there at Barnet' is one reason why Blackpool FC will always have problems-irrespective of whatever the Oystons do.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2014 19:33]

"Predicted all this negativity would only accelerate our demise."

So, nothing to do with under investment, owners treating their fanbase with contempt?

That's right, we should all just support like good little Stepford Wives, let King Karl rule as he wishes, and slag off anyone he doesn't like, including our own managers

The owners are the problem, not the fans

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

Login to get fewer ads

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 20:33 - Nov 14 with 4645 viewsribble

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 20:21 - Nov 14 by tangerinemoss

So, nothing to do with under investment, owners treating their fanbase with contempt?

That's right, we should all just support like good little Stepford Wives, let King Karl rule as he wishes, and slag off anyone he doesn't like, including our own managers

I quite agree. Yet some insist it's the 'happy clappers' who are to blame.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 4617 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 20:21 - Nov 14 by tangerinemoss

However bad the owners are perceived to be, take them out of the equation and the deeper rooted problem of BFC remains. We are a League One / lower Championship club at best by fanbase size. That's why the likes of Leeds and Sheff Wed get interest from wealthy investors and why we don't. That's why those clubs bounce back from relegation to League One because they get 20,000 in the third tier. We won't. We didn't even sell out some Premier League home matches.

Perhaps our success only happened because quirky policies were put in place to overcome our fanbase disadvantage?
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 22:07 - Nov 14 with 4603 viewsHarryHorse

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 21:51 - Nov 14 by BigHandsOliverKahn

However bad the owners are perceived to be, take them out of the equation and the deeper rooted problem of BFC remains. We are a League One / lower Championship club at best by fanbase size. That's why the likes of Leeds and Sheff Wed get interest from wealthy investors and why we don't. That's why those clubs bounce back from relegation to League One because they get 20,000 in the third tier. We won't. We didn't even sell out some Premier League home matches.

Perhaps our success only happened because quirky policies were put in place to overcome our fanbase disadvantage?

Our success happened when VB appeared .He was a fairly wealthy investor and interested enough to sort out players purchases and the building of the South Stand .

I actually agree with you that we are not the size of Leeds or Wednesday but as I've said before we could have boosted our crowds considerably by making more tickets / having more space available to away supporters . In that respect Blackpool is still a big draw as an away trip and is our usp .

Lots of clubs with less than 20k gates get out of Div 1 but you are right we won't , not because of a lack of fan base but because of those "quirky" policies themselves ..
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 22:11 - Nov 14 with 4601 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 21:51 - Nov 14 by BigHandsOliverKahn

In a word .... No

#footballfirst

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 22:32 - Nov 14 with 4586 viewsonlyonepool

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 22:11 - Nov 14 by TwelveAngryMen

In a word .... No

A bit of ambition and Bournemouth with their 9000 crowds show it can be done. Our owners have killed the feel good factor and growing fan base in one fell swoop.

Only one person is to blame for our current predicament.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 06:57 - Nov 15 with 4548 viewsHooleys

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 22:32 - Nov 14 by onlyonepool

A bit of ambition and Bournemouth with their 9000 crowds show it can be done. Our owners have killed the feel good factor and growing fan base in one fell swoop.

Only one person is to blame for our current predicament.

I cant believe the club built up the fan base ,in such a relative short period,then blow it all away with removal of funds,penny pinching ,not having a squad before the season starts.People want to watch good football ! To do that you need good players ,if the club had concentrated on that.people wouldnt have stopped coming or protesting.
I know people that have stopped going (newbies)because they didnt enjoy the football any more.
I know people that have stopped coming (long standing fans)because of clubs policies /lack of ambition /removal of funds.
And worse of all the rest (40/50 year olds,season ticket holders for decades)have had enough,!!

And not one of them blamed the fans!
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 08:37 - Nov 15 with 4532 viewspooljimbo

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 06:57 - Nov 15 by Hooleys

I cant believe the club built up the fan base ,in such a relative short period,then blow it all away with removal of funds,penny pinching ,not having a squad before the season starts.People want to watch good football ! To do that you need good players ,if the club had concentrated on that.people wouldnt have stopped coming or protesting.
I know people that have stopped going (newbies)because they didnt enjoy the football any more.
I know people that have stopped coming (long standing fans)because of clubs policies /lack of ambition /removal of funds.
And worse of all the rest (40/50 year olds,season ticket holders for decades)have had enough,!!

Not at all.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 09:42 - Nov 15 with 4511 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 06:57 - Nov 15 by Hooleys

Taking the current owners and the Premier League money out of the equation, why did our crowds also drop to 5,000 in 1978 then? Different owners, same thing happening again. You can't blame everything on one thing and totally ignore the wider issue of why BFC can't compete long term at the highest level.

In answer to the O/P - yes, but you won't get many who like to face up to the uncomfortable truth.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 09:54 - Nov 15 with 4508 viewsstraightatthewall

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 09:42 - Nov 15 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Taking the current owners and the Premier League money out of the equation, why did our crowds also drop to 5,000 in 1978 then? Different owners, same thing happening again. You can't blame everything on one thing and totally ignore the wider issue of why BFC can't compete long term at the highest level.

In answer to the O/P - yes, but you won't get many who like to face up to the uncomfortable truth.

Football in the 1970's and 80's is a million miles from football today. What we were then is no more relevant than what we were in the 50's.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:22 - Nov 15 with 4497 viewsonlyonepool

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 09:54 - Nov 15 by straightatthewall

Football in the 1970's and 80's is a million miles from football today. What we were then is no more relevant than what we were in the 50's.

You are so blinkered in your support for the O's BHOK. We had 14000 plus average crowds for the past 3 seasons. We actually had them in the ground and for the first 2 seasons actually enjoying the football telling their friends and bringing them along. Every effort should have been made to grow the business. The money was there, the Premier League legacy should have made this club. We had no debts and it wouldn't have taken millions to keep us in the prem that first season or indeed to get us straight back the next. Shocking stewardship by the owners.

As for your 1978 onwards argument, all teams crowds suffered, in the 80's Newcastle and Chelsea had sub 10k crowds, Wolves when they came down to our level were getting 2000 crowds. It's a good job Reading owners didn't think there was no point investing. Until the mid 90's their average attendance was less than 5000.

There is no logic to what the Oyston's are doing to our club, as the poster above said, it's not just newbies who are stopping going, I know many who have supported for thirty years who are sick to the back teeth of the way the odious family are running the club into the ground..
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:24 - Nov 15 with 4494 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:22 - Nov 15 by onlyonepool

You are so blinkered in your support for the O's BHOK. We had 14000 plus average crowds for the past 3 seasons. We actually had them in the ground and for the first 2 seasons actually enjoying the football telling their friends and bringing them along. Every effort should have been made to grow the business. The money was there, the Premier League legacy should have made this club. We had no debts and it wouldn't have taken millions to keep us in the prem that first season or indeed to get us straight back the next. Shocking stewardship by the owners.

As for your 1978 onwards argument, all teams crowds suffered, in the 80's Newcastle and Chelsea had sub 10k crowds, Wolves when they came down to our level were getting 2000 crowds. It's a good job Reading owners didn't think there was no point investing. Until the mid 90's their average attendance was less than 5000.

There is no logic to what the Oyston's are doing to our club, as the poster above said, it's not just newbies who are stopping going, I know many who have supported for thirty years who are sick to the back teeth of the way the odious family are running the club into the ground..

I don't support the O's. Not bothered who runs the club. I just see the wider context they have to work within. Any new owner would have the same issues.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:29 - Nov 15 with 4490 viewsonlyonepool

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:24 - Nov 15 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I don't support the O's. Not bothered who runs the club. I just see the wider context they have to work within. Any new owner would have the same issues.

So do I , no gripe with the family personally, I have supported them in the past and I would have exactly the same reaction if it had been Andy Pilley who had let such an opportunity slip....although I somehow think he wouldn't.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 11:28 - Nov 15 with 4449 viewsHarryHorse

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 10:29 - Nov 15 by onlyonepool

So do I , no gripe with the family personally, I have supported them in the past and I would have exactly the same reaction if it had been Andy Pilley who had let such an opportunity slip....although I somehow think he wouldn't.

Are you genuinely not bothered who owns the club , what their objectives are , their aspirations ? Wow
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 14:22 - Nov 16 with 4398 views1953Original

Must say even during the really dark days of the late 80's and the Worthington era - there was always a bit of an atmosphere at Bloomfield Road but the last 12 months have been dead.

However, if the players give fans something to cheer about they will - just look at when we played Cardiff. Allex - you are right that it has lost what it had although that's down to the O's and not the fans.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 18:39 - Nov 16 with 4377 viewsLytham_FY8

BHOK, nice to see you showing your true colours over here instead of the 'jokey' persona over on the real AVFTT.

If anyone has 'accelerated our demise' it's people like you, the OP, Bazzle and others who do nothing except sit on your hands as the owners rip the life out of the club and all you can do is make snidey little remarks on forums.

I don't really know how you call yourself fans to be honest, you do nothing and then criticise those who care.

You and your ilk were told this would happen but as ever the little clique new best, well you were wrong pal so it's a bit late for you and your kind to start blaming other fans now.

And for the record, the ONLY noise in the ground is demonstrations, if you're all such brilliant fans why don't you make noise to support the team? Because you're all full of sh*t, that's why.

Instead of sitting on your fat arses planning your next withering criticism of fellow fans, try creating an atmosphere yourselves

We're going down and you lot have done NOTHING about it beyond criticising others attempting to change the regime that's dragging us back down to obscurity.

So next time you have a little pop at others, I'd have a look in the mirror first.

Thanks
[Post edited 16 Nov 2014 18:45]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 19:52 - Nov 16 with 4339 viewsWizaard

Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 18:39 - Nov 16 by Lytham_FY8

BHOK, nice to see you showing your true colours over here instead of the 'jokey' persona over on the real AVFTT.

If anyone has 'accelerated our demise' it's people like you, the OP, Bazzle and others who do nothing except sit on your hands as the owners rip the life out of the club and all you can do is make snidey little remarks on forums.

I don't really know how you call yourself fans to be honest, you do nothing and then criticise those who care.

You and your ilk were told this would happen but as ever the little clique new best, well you were wrong pal so it's a bit late for you and your kind to start blaming other fans now.

And for the record, the ONLY noise in the ground is demonstrations, if you're all such brilliant fans why don't you make noise to support the team? Because you're all full of sh*t, that's why.

Instead of sitting on your fat arses planning your next withering criticism of fellow fans, try creating an atmosphere yourselves

We're going down and you lot have done NOTHING about it beyond criticising others attempting to change the regime that's dragging us back down to obscurity.

So next time you have a little pop at others, I'd have a look in the mirror first.

Thanks
[Post edited 16 Nov 2014 18:45]

So it is the fans' fault then....

So the OP is right.
Are some of our current problems down to us..the fans? on 20:09 - Nov 16 with 4327 viewsLytham_FY8

Well if the mud slinging is starting amongst ourselves it has to stick somewhere Wizzles.

All the time of course Joffrey laughs at the divide and rule, in my defence I didn't start it your honour.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024