Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This stopping the game for a head injury rule 01:08 - Dec 3 with 4076 viewsHighjack

There's been quite a few instances of players taking advantage of this to kill the momentum of an attack this season, twice Joey Barton did it tonight. All you have to do is go down clutching your head for no reason and hey presto the momentum is killed and you waste another 3 minutes of the match.

Something needs to be done.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:21 - Dec 3 with 1084 viewsSwansNZ

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 22:54 - Dec 3 by jack247

The bigger issue than the time wasting, which is in itself very annoying, is that he did it when losing possession in midfield forcing the ref to blow up when we were on a dangerous looking attack.

It is the first time I have seen it, but it will be everywhere soon if not stamped out very quickly. Two extremes, either let play continue unless it it is near the ''injured' player, other players can put the ball out if they think he is genuinely hurt. Or people who go down with head injuries must signal to the ref that they are ok (i.e. Bang in the face, so holding their face, but raising an arm to show there is no serious damage), or there should be enforced substitutions for their own safety. Either one would stop fake head injuries instantly.

Just leave the physio onto the field and carry on

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:29 - Dec 3 with 1077 viewsjack247

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:21 - Dec 3 by SwansNZ

Just leave the physio onto the field and carry on

I suppose. Works in rugby, so why not?
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:35 - Dec 3 with 1070 viewsSwansNZ

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:29 - Dec 3 by jack247

I suppose. Works in rugby, so why not?

Probably because football is the biggest and best sport in the world, so does not need look at how other “minor” sports work. FIFA rules!!!!

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:41 - Dec 3 with 1060 viewsdailew

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:19 - Dec 3 by ymaohyd

So you are saying rugby players take dives, feign being injured more than footballers?

Fair do's that's the biggest load of bull shi* I've ever read on here, and I've spouted off some crap in my time.

Footballers are cheating bastar ds. In many ways I don't blame them as the game allows them to do it. If I was a professional footballer I'd take a dive no problem to get a pen.

I would never feign injury though to get someone sent off.

No. I said that, unlike in rugby, no football team has been found using fake blood capsules to feign injury.

In my experience there's more cheating in egg-chasing.

They cheat in a different way because it's a different game.

They even had to legalise a form of cheating (lifting in the line-out) because it was so prevalent.

Can you name any sort of cheating in football that has been legalised because it couldn't be stamped out?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:04 - Dec 4 with 1024 viewsSwansNZ

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:41 - Dec 3 by dailew

No. I said that, unlike in rugby, no football team has been found using fake blood capsules to feign injury.

They even had to legalise a form of cheating (lifting in the line-out) because it was so prevalent.

Can you name any sort of cheating in football that has been legalised because it couldn't be stamped out?

In football you’d gain no advantage by faking a blood injury, unlike in rugby where you can put back on, a player you previously replaced. If football had such a rule, you can count on it being abused. If you have used all 3 subs and then another player gets injured, then somehow a twisted ankle also results in a split lip or similar.

Didn’t rugby ban Dean Richards for 3 years or something? If that happened in football, the manager would probably be forced to sit in the stand for a month.

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:04 - Dec 4 with 1023 viewsjack247

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 23:41 - Dec 3 by dailew

How about pretending to get a head injury? And do you seriously think they couldnt stamp out lifting in the line out if they wanted to?

That blood capsule thing was ridiculous, but it was a one off incident years ago.
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:23 - Dec 4 with 1000 viewsdailew

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:04 - Dec 4 by jack247

How about pretending to get a head injury? And do you seriously think they couldnt stamp out lifting in the line out if they wanted to?

That blood capsule thing was ridiculous, but it was a one off incident years ago.

If they could stamp out cheating in the line-out then why didn't they? It had been going on since line-outs were invented.

Another form of cheating more prevalent in rugby is drug-taking.
It's obvious to anyone that most rugby players are roided up to the eyeballs.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:25 - Dec 4 with 995 viewssully49

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 19:55 - Dec 3 by NOTRAC

The problem of cheating is solved, but the genuine player gets handicapped because of the cheats.To suffer say a bloody nose and have to stay off the pitch for ten minutes seems very harsh.
The real answer is to retrospectively punish cheaters.
If TV replays prove cheating(for penalties, to get opposition players booked or sent off,feigning injuries etc,) then they should be banned .
Same sort of idea as in rugby where players are cited.Could be done by the opposing team or one of the officials.
Something needs to be done as cheating is spoiling the game.

There referees are not medically trained and, therefore, they have no option, but to stop the game. We complain, and rightly so about decisions going against us, it's for some, just another way of cheating. IMHO the players are ruining games and the scourge of football with them blatantly cheating in every match, us included. In the PL there is a camera at every game so a retrospective punishment must entail. Back in the day even the pools panel met.

A team can continue the game with 7 players but cannot even start without a referee, whether we like it or not.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Login to get fewer ads

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 06:32 - Dec 4 with 963 viewsjack247

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 00:25 - Dec 4 by sully49

There referees are not medically trained and, therefore, they have no option, but to stop the game. We complain, and rightly so about decisions going against us, it's for some, just another way of cheating. IMHO the players are ruining games and the scourge of football with them blatantly cheating in every match, us included. In the PL there is a camera at every game so a retrospective punishment must entail. Back in the day even the pools panel met.

A team can continue the game with 7 players but cannot even start without a referee, whether we like it or not.

Stopping the game for a head injury is fine, I doubt anyone sane would argue with that. This little Joey Barton trick has let the cat out of the bag though. Doing it when say Siggy wins the ball in midfield and plays a ball for one of our wingers to run onto, putting him past the last defender but a lomg way from goal, is a different thing. Getting play stopped at that point is no different to the last man bringing down as he goes past.

It's simple, but I like the idea of just letting the physio on
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 06:46 - Dec 4 with 959 viewssomersetsimon

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 22:54 - Dec 3 by jack247

The bigger issue than the time wasting, which is in itself very annoying, is that he did it when losing possession in midfield forcing the ref to blow up when we were on a dangerous looking attack.

It is the first time I have seen it, but it will be everywhere soon if not stamped out very quickly. Two extremes, either let play continue unless it it is near the ''injured' player, other players can put the ball out if they think he is genuinely hurt. Or people who go down with head injuries must signal to the ref that they are ok (i.e. Bang in the face, so holding their face, but raising an arm to show there is no serious damage), or there should be enforced substitutions for their own safety. Either one would stop fake head injuries instantly.

If that's the incident I'm thinking off, not only did the referee call the play back after a few seconds when he noticed the player holding his head, he gave QPR a free kick! If it was a foul, how come he didn't blow up straight away?

There was at least one other occasion when the ref stopped the play and gave a drop ball. In those circumstances, I can't see why we don't compete for the drop ball.
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 08:54 - Dec 4 with 948 viewsdobjack2

Game has to be stopped for safety reasons which really shows up what a scumbag any player who does it is. With umpty million cameras at premiership games each such incident should be logged by the officials and looked at after the game.

Any player found to have pretended to have had a head injury - I.e no contact with their head - should face a 5 game ban and fine.
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 14:46 - Dec 4 with 903 viewsGreatBritton

This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 08:54 - Dec 4 by dobjack2

Game has to be stopped for safety reasons which really shows up what a scumbag any player who does it is. With umpty million cameras at premiership games each such incident should be logged by the officials and looked at after the game.

Any player found to have pretended to have had a head injury - I.e no contact with their head - should face a 5 game ban and fine.

Exactly
This stopping the game for a head injury rule on 09:51 - Dec 5 with 845 viewsbalboajack

Did anyone see the Man U highlights? Fellaini went down clutching his head / back of his neck when he realised he lost the ball and the opposition were on the attack, even though the contact was nowhere near his head.
Luckily the ref saw this and played on, but if he wasn't sure then he would have blown up for it.
Players who cheat blatantly in this way should be named and shamed on the TV / in the papers first, then hopefully the authorities will get pressured into doing something about it - bringing the game into disrepute?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024