Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many of the.... 11:06 - Jan 5 with 3079 viewsRAFC1907

20,000 plus that signed the petition against Ched Evans joining Oldham actually watch Oldham or have Oldham in their interests?

If you put a brick through a window when your sober, its a criminal damage offence.
If you do the same when drunk, its a criminal damage offence.

You dont get let off for being drunk etc, its your own fault in doing so.

If you cant handle the drink or know your limits you should be held responsible for whatever happens, that goes for everyone, dont put yourself in a position you will regret and thats for women, and men.

In addition to those signing the petitions, if his conviction is quashed I think they should be made to pay for his loss of earnings.

I hope Ched Evans has success in his appeal bottom line, I dont believe he has raped the women in question.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 11:09]

Poll: Bottomley...

How many of the.... on 11:31 - Jan 5 with 3008 viewsD_Alien

I'm firmly of the opinion that when all the (now) available evidence is reviewed by the Criminal Review Board, there is every likelihood Evan's conviction will be quashed. Nothing is certain though.

In the 16th/17th centuries, there used to be a post known as the Witchfinder General, who relied on public fears and outrage to completely disregard any facts and have people tortured, drowned and hung. No chance of appeal then.

I thought we'd moved on from there, but there's still a mob mentality out there (and on here) only too ready to express moral outrage. I can understand those who base their opinion on the fact Evan's been convicted, even though I'd still prefer them to hang fire until the review has taken place. Understandable though.

I suspect many are also simply outraged that young men and women go out of an evening, get drunk and have sex with people they've never met before. The word "seedy" has been bandied about. The dangers in doing so are obvious, both to health and reputation. It is not, however, illegal.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How many of the.... on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 2908 viewsCamdenDale

He was convicted by a jury, not a mob. As we are now, that conviction stands, the appeal notwithstanding.

The petition and such are just a sideline to the serious business. I haven't signed it. Neither would I want our club to sign him.
How many of the.... on 12:10 - Jan 5 with 2892 viewsrod_leach

There's also a mob who have hounded the victim into moving 5 times since the trial. Evans has done or said nothing to stop this happening.
How many of the.... on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 2826 viewsD_Alien

How many of the.... on 12:10 - Jan 5 by rod_leach

There's also a mob who have hounded the victim into moving 5 times since the trial. Evans has done or said nothing to stop this happening.

To make any comment - apart from maintaining his innocence of the crime - would be prejudicial against his appeal. That's how the law works, and how Evans will have been advised.

Mob mentality in any circumstances is abhorrent.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How many of the.... on 12:42 - Jan 5 with 2751 viewsDorsetDale

How many of the.... on 12:08 - Jan 5 by CamdenDale

He was convicted by a jury, not a mob. As we are now, that conviction stands, the appeal notwithstanding.

The petition and such are just a sideline to the serious business. I haven't signed it. Neither would I want our club to sign him.

Were you at the trial, have you seen/heard the evidence.

At trial the prosecution stated the girl was unable to walk straight and needed help standing. In the link I posted in t'other thread, there's cctv coverage from the motel of her walking in unaided and seconds later walking back outside on her own and squatting to pick up a pizza she'd left outside when she realised her bag was still in the taxi, all on high heels.
She also stated she'd had less to drink that night than was usual. She lied about having taken cocaine subsequently found in blood test to be an amount of a frequent user.

All the above are facts. I wasn't in the room, I don't know if rape happened. I simply believe in justice being seen to be done.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

How many of the.... on 12:59 - Jan 5 with 2684 viewsJimmyRustler

You reaaaaaallllly should have posted this on the Evans thread because the internet is too clogged up with all this shite as it is
How many of the.... on 13:28 - Jan 5 with 2617 viewsrod_leach

How many of the.... on 12:24 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

To make any comment - apart from maintaining his innocence of the crime - would be prejudicial against his appeal. That's how the law works, and how Evans will have been advised.

Mob mentality in any circumstances is abhorrent.

I would have thought that condemning those who are hounding her wouldn't be prejudicial, depending on how it was done.
How many of the.... on 13:42 - Jan 5 with 2567 viewsSuddenLad

Another view................amongst many........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11324589/Soccer-should-turn-its-bac

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

How many of the.... on 13:50 - Jan 5 with 2543 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

How many of the.... on 12:42 - Jan 5 by DorsetDale

At trial the prosecution stated the girl was unable to walk straight and needed help standing. In the link I posted in t'other thread, there's cctv coverage from the motel of her walking in unaided and seconds later walking back outside on her own and squatting to pick up a pizza she'd left outside when she realised her bag was still in the taxi, all on high heels.
She also stated she'd had less to drink that night than was usual. She lied about having taken cocaine subsequently found in blood test to be an amount of a frequent user.

All the above are facts. I wasn't in the room, I don't know if rape happened. I simply believe in justice being seen to be done.

At the first trial the Judge said that she was too drunk to consent to have sex with Evans that night. However, the first guy who had sex with her moments before was not found guilty of rape. I read the girl had no recollection of events after 3am....but didn't enter the hotel until 4.15am with the guy McDonald who was aquitted of rape.

Sure I read somewhere that when the girl went to the Police Station to report a crime...it was to report her handbag was stolen. No mention of rape at that point.

The girl deleted one of her social media accounts on the back of making comments about a potential payday she was expecting (referencing buying 2 pink mini metros for herself and a pal)...less concerned with a custodial sentence for the man who stood accused.

http://www.corestore.org/lc.htm

It just doesn't seem so clear cut.
How many of the.... on 17:09 - Jan 5 with 2374 viewsRAFC1907

Bobby Grant was found guilty along with his Accrington team mates, when Gerrard was the one that looked to be doing all the fist throwing, so what happens there then?

Does that mean every jury in the country is 100% reliable?????

There was a poor lad who was sentenced to death, many moons back, found guilty but now although he is no longer with us his conviction has been quashed.

To me, those that believe the system is fair must be part of it, because its simply bent as hell.

I find it hard that football clubs listen to the media and all those campaigning against him, would those 20,000 donate £10.00 to Oldham Athletic if Oldham where on the verge of folding? Would they f*ck.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 17:12]

How many of the.... on 17:15 - Jan 5 with 2342 viewsCamdenDale

How many of the.... on 12:42 - Jan 5 by DorsetDale

No, I wasn't at the trial. (I took no particular interest in it over any other trial.) I presume you weren't either. The jury were however.

If his appeal is successful he will be fully exonerated and fair play to him.

Why are you posting 'evidence' anyway?
How many of the.... on 17:26 - Jan 5 with 2291 viewsBromsgroveDale

Oldham forum now locked down.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46334-ched-evans-again-oh-no/page-61

Formerly Bournemouth Dale

How many of the.... on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 2160 viewsDorsetDale

How many of the.... on 17:15 - Jan 5 by CamdenDale

No, I wasn't at the trial. (I took no particular interest in it over any other trial.) I presume you weren't either. The jury were however.

If his appeal is successful he will be fully exonerated and fair play to him.

Why are you posting 'evidence' anyway?

Why am I posting "evidence"?

Because I made the effort to at least find out information obviously not forthcoming in the papers.

Have you checked the link in other thread?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

How many of the.... on 15:01 - Jan 6 with 2003 viewsaleanddale

How many of the.... on 17:26 - Jan 5 by BromsgroveDale

Oldham forum now locked down.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46334-ched-evans-again-oh-no/page-61

why have they locked it down i wonder?
How many of the.... on 16:08 - Jan 6 with 1952 viewswimborne_dale

How many of the.... on 11:31 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

I'm firmly of the opinion that when all the (now) available evidence is reviewed by the Criminal Review Board, there is every likelihood Evan's conviction will be quashed. Nothing is certain though.

In the 16th/17th centuries, there used to be a post known as the Witchfinder General, who relied on public fears and outrage to completely disregard any facts and have people tortured, drowned and hung. No chance of appeal then.

I thought we'd moved on from there, but there's still a mob mentality out there (and on here) only too ready to express moral outrage. I can understand those who base their opinion on the fact Evan's been convicted, even though I'd still prefer them to hang fire until the review has taken place. Understandable though.

I suspect many are also simply outraged that young men and women go out of an evening, get drunk and have sex with people they've never met before. The word "seedy" has been bandied about. The dangers in doing so are obvious, both to health and reputation. It is not, however, illegal.

D Alien, I see what you mean. When someone gets arrested for murder, you sometimes see pictures of people banging on the side of the police van as the suspect is driven to court and shouting "murderer" before a shred of evidence has been presented. In this case it is a bit different because Ched Evans has actually been convicted. But as I alluded in the previous thread, the evidence on which he was convicted appears to be increadibly flimsy. I'd be interested to know how the council for the prosecution managed to persuade the Jury to convict Evans on the testimony of a complainant who by her own admission couldn't remember a thing.

Edgar Allan's Crow

How many of the.... on 16:50 - Jan 6 with 1895 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How many of the.... on 12:10 - Jan 5 by rod_leach

Not sure he could do from in prison!!! And why should he as she stitched him up totally. Funny how she has had to move 5 times since conviction as this is clearly common with most rape victims - or she could be a lying attention seeking bitch - make your own mind up!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

How many of the.... on 16:56 - Jan 6 with 1884 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How many of the.... on 17:09 - Jan 5 by RAFC1907

Bobby Grant was found guilty along with his Accrington team mates, when Gerrard was the one that looked to be doing all the fist throwing, so what happens there then?

Does that mean every jury in the country is 100% reliable?????

There was a poor lad who was sentenced to death, many moons back, found guilty but now although he is no longer with us his conviction has been quashed.

To me, those that believe the system is fair must be part of it, because its simply bent as hell.

I find it hard that football clubs listen to the media and all those campaigning against him, would those 20,000 donate £10.00 to Oldham Athletic if Oldham where on the verge of folding? Would they f*ck.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 17:12]

That would be Derek Bentley 1907 - A guy who had already been arrested when a police officer was shot - the film is called "Let Him Have It Chris" and is a decent watch :)

As I have said on other threads (Yes there are many!!!) my other half lives in Rhyl area and Evans being found guilty was a farce.

I shagged a girl once and we were both leathered - I cant remember anything about it so thats me offline for 5 years I guess!!!!!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

How many of the.... on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 1810 viewsRAFC1907

How many of the.... on 16:56 - Jan 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

That would be Derek Bentley 1907 - A guy who had already been arrested when a police officer was shot - the film is called "Let Him Have It Chris" and is a decent watch :)

As I have said on other threads (Yes there are many!!!) my other half lives in Rhyl area and Evans being found guilty was a farce.

I shagged a girl once and we were both leathered - I cant remember anything about it so thats me offline for 5 years I guess!!!!!!!

Also a similar film is green mile.

So 'she couldn't remember anything', so lets say after she was supposedly raped she went and set fire to a car, what would happen then?Would the jury of believed he raped her?

He hasn't raped her, simple.

How many of the.... on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 1750 viewsThacks_Rabbits

How many of the.... on 18:09 - Jan 6 by RAFC1907

Also a similar film is green mile.

So 'she couldn't remember anything', so lets say after she was supposedly raped she went and set fire to a car, what would happen then?Would the jury of believed he raped her?

He hasn't raped her, simple.

I cant say everything I heard but she was gloating the day after apparently with her mates - its all hearsay and probably 4th or 5th party but tbh it does not suprise me.

How many of the.... on 19:26 - Jan 6 with 1713 viewsSuddenLad

How many of the.... on 16:56 - Jan 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

Derek Bentley was 1953. Craig pulled the trigger but was too young in law to be executed. Bentley went to the gallows as his accomplice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024