Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
borini anyone 21:19 - Jan 6 with 6856 viewsdulaisjack

all this talk about bony going, how about a bid for borini , knows the club and not in brendas plans, plenty of potential there and knows were the net is except when playing for liverpool.
borini anyone on 21:23 - Jan 6 with 4263 viewsJBT95

Nope. He did a job for us but that was a long time ago.
borini anyone on 21:28 - Jan 6 with 4212 viewsDr_Winston

Question is do we restructure our approach to best suit Gomis or muddle on through and look for another powerhouse striker in the summer?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

borini anyone on 21:32 - Jan 6 with 4171 viewsJoe_bradshaw

borini anyone on 21:28 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Question is do we restructure our approach to best suit Gomis or muddle on through and look for another powerhouse striker in the summer?

Yes we should adapt to suit Gomis and hopefully, we already have ideas in place for the next Bony type player that we should sign in the summer.

Who knows, Gomis may flourish and stay as our number one beyond this season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

borini anyone on 21:35 - Jan 6 with 4146 viewsdulaisjack

a few seasons ago we would have taken borini like a shot, tonight we are all gutted that our top striker is going for 30 million, some how does not seam real the way our club has moved on .
borini anyone on 21:45 - Jan 6 with 4058 viewsItchySphincter

We already adapted to Gomis I reckon - we seem to lay him on loads of chances that we haven't for Wilf. Wilf was often involved at the beginning of the things he finished, Gomis is better on the shoulder of the last man.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

borini anyone on 21:46 - Jan 6 with 4049 viewspencoedjack

Borini also couldn't agree terms at QPR in the summer who lets be honest spunk over the top wages on average players.

Not for me anymore.
borini anyone on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 4012 viewsDr_Winston

borini anyone on 21:45 - Jan 6 by ItchySphincter

We already adapted to Gomis I reckon - we seem to lay him on loads of chances that we haven't for Wilf. Wilf was often involved at the beginning of the things he finished, Gomis is better on the shoulder of the last man.

We were a lot better at feeding Gomis on Sat than we have been, quality of opposition considered.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

borini anyone on 22:14 - Jan 6 with 3871 viewsmonmouth

Borini's nowhere near good enough for us now. He's on his sliding way back to the championship over the next two seasons where he will do well again. The obsession with past players and Middlesbro players is surely behind us now? God knows what happens if he joins Boro, I'm still a bit worried about Huw spunking Bony money on Adomah.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

borini anyone on 22:16 - Jan 6 with 3845 viewsTrundle10

borini anyone on 22:14 - Jan 6 by monmouth

Borini's nowhere near good enough for us now. He's on his sliding way back to the championship over the next two seasons where he will do well again. The obsession with past players and Middlesbro players is surely behind us now? God knows what happens if he joins Boro, I'm still a bit worried about Huw spunking Bony money on Adomah.

"nowhere near good enough for us"

That is some statement to make
borini anyone on 22:21 - Jan 6 with 3799 viewsmonmouth

borini anyone on 22:16 - Jan 6 by Trundle10

Indeed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

borini anyone on 22:32 - Jan 6 with 3751 viewsDewi1jack

borini anyone on 22:14 - Jan 6 by monmouth

Maybe we'd suit Fabio and bring the best out of him. Give him a home as we have done for other waifs and strays.
The rest I have to agree with.

And you're giving me nightmares just mentioning us and Adomah in the same sentence.
Not funny Mon. Not funny at all.
You're not even to mention that again

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

borini anyone on 22:36 - Jan 6 with 3718 viewsoldcob

borini anyone on 21:45 - Jan 6 by ItchySphincter

I think the reason for that is Gomis is able to keep up with our wingers speed wise. For all his qualities Wilf isn't the fastest and sometimes the wingers had to hold on until he caught up, thus allowing defenders time to come back and cover, and therefore missing the optimum moment to cross. For all that he more than makes up for it in other aspects of his game. Its a case of good bye Wilf and good luck Bafe.I
borini anyone on 22:40 - Jan 6 with 3696 viewssherpajacob

Akinfenwa looks like he could still do the job

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

borini anyone on 22:41 - Jan 6 with 3693 viewsfootball2301

hes shit nowhere near good enough
borini anyone on 22:42 - Jan 6 with 3687 viewsoldcob

borini anyone on 22:40 - Jan 6 by sherpajacob

Akinfenwa looks like he could still do the job

As a Sumo wrestler?
borini anyone on 22:42 - Jan 6 with 3680 viewssomersetsimon

Having a more mobile striker might create more space for other players and create more chances for them to score.
borini anyone on 23:15 - Jan 6 with 3592 viewss1ackjack

Gomis for me and let's see what Oliveira can do as back up. Of course Wilf's not gone yet like.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

borini anyone on 00:29 - Jan 7 with 3441 viewsDyfnant

Still the single part of what was said that's spot on

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

borini anyone on 06:41 - Jan 7 with 3324 viewsmichumagic9

The only replacement I can think of is Loic Remy. If bony does leave I hope it's to chelsea for a lot of cash plus Remy.
borini anyone on 07:16 - Jan 7 with 3280 viewsMattG

borini anyone on 06:41 - Jan 7 by michumagic9

The only replacement I can think of is Loic Remy. If bony does leave I hope it's to chelsea for a lot of cash plus Remy.

Assuming he is off, I'd rather get £30m+ straight cash that we can spend on a player (or two or three) of our own choosing, maybe even waiting until the summer, rather than trying to accommodate another club's cast-off.
borini anyone on 07:23 - Jan 7 with 3273 viewsjackal

He was brilliant for us in the Championship, but his record at Prem level is not good enough by far.

If we do get 30 million for Wilf , we should be looking for a far better buy.

My only concern is that any club selling to us will be aware of the money we have received and bump up the price. (Like Newcastle did when they got 35 mill for Carroll from Liverpool because they'd just got 50 mill for Torres).
borini anyone on 07:40 - Jan 7 with 3241 viewsApeShit

Even though Bony was amazing for us, we kind of lost our normal style of play. (Although people don't like to admit it.)

A lot of long balls played up to him, with Gomis I think we'll get more of our passing game back.
borini anyone on 08:58 - Jan 7 with 3126 viewsTrundle10

borini anyone on 22:21 - Jan 6 by monmouth

Indeed.

Inter Milan interested but "nowhere near" good enough for the Swans???
borini anyone on 08:58 - Jan 7 with 3125 viewsPrivate_Partz

borini anyone on 07:40 - Jan 7 by ApeShit

Even though Bony was amazing for us, we kind of lost our normal style of play. (Although people don't like to admit it.)

A lot of long balls played up to him, with Gomis I think we'll get more of our passing game back.

'Was amazing' - has Wilf gone? :-)
I think we have the best of both worlds with Gomis. He is very good on the ground as well as in the air.
Borini would offer us something different however and I feel we could accommodate both. Fabio is much better then his Premier League position suggests as he has only played bit parts for Liverpool and often out of position. He did well at Sunderland.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

borini anyone on 09:36 - Jan 7 with 3037 viewsStarsky

borini anyone on 22:32 - Jan 6 by Dewi1jack

Maybe we'd suit Fabio and bring the best out of him. Give him a home as we have done for other waifs and strays.
The rest I have to agree with.

And you're giving me nightmares just mentioning us and Adomah in the same sentence.
Not funny Mon. Not funny at all.
You're not even to mention that again

Don't worry peeps. Adomah is in Africa for the cup.
Regarding Borini. Liverpool have never played him in the position that Swans did.

Oh and ... Monmouth... Don't go on about "our obsession with re-signing ex players". That's just being to dismissive for your own good. Would you not have signed Siggy or Leon then?

I treat every ex-player that comes into this equation on its own merit. Borini... I'd have him on loan to see if can integrate. However at the £14million being bandied at the start of the season, that's way too much. Worth no more than £4-5million tops.

PS... Monmouth... I voted for you so shut it!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 9:37]

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024