Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Path around back of stadium at North east corner 22:28 - Jan 9 with 12956 viewsPlazex

This thread is about the path going behind the north east corner towards the car park. It needs widening. 5000 people trying to get down there after a match, on a 3 metre wide path? Not good enough swansea.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:53 - Jan 10 with 1835 viewsClinton

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:37 - Jan 10 by Dyfnant

Isn't this an issue for the council really

The councils solution would be to spend a million pounds to plant some different trees along the side. They'd probably throw in a few traffic lights while they were at it.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:05 - Jan 10 with 1819 viewsPhil_S

I'm more surprised that we still need the pen. Would removing that solve the problem?

As for the council, I would rather they stopped people parking on the grass by the footpaths first - that has to be an accident waiting to happen
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:07 - Jan 10 with 1816 viewsSkipTheJack

There are a couple of simple things they could do to that area that wouldn't cost more than a few hundred quid.

1. The path needs widening. It's much too narrow. There's currently all that muddy land being used for nothing and just a tiny path through the middle of it.

2. They need to install steps from the car park down to the footpath by the river. This would stop the need for people in the South/West stand from walking against the flow of East standers in order to get to the footpath.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:09 - Jan 10 with 1813 viewsPrivate_Partz

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:45 - Jan 10 by dgt73

I'm not into awards as i don't need other people to tell me how brilliant i am.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 9:47]

I think we need footbridges on the N,W and E of the stadium similar to the current bridge over the Tawe. Expensiveish in the short term but the benefits would outweigh this. Would stop the need to hold traffic back at the end of the game. It would allow Neath road dual carriageway to remain open and the H & S issues are obvious.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:24 - Jan 10 with 1795 viewsPegojack

Genuine question here, so no sarky answers please. I usually park in the Coopers. My seat is about half way along the East stand. I've always assumed there was no short cut heading north after the game, so I've always gone around the south stand, then back up the West side and crossed the road by Rossi's.
Now this thread is suggesting there's an alternative, albeit a muddy one! Where does one go exactly, and where does it come out in order for me to get back to the Coopers?
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:26 - Jan 10 with 1788 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:24 - Jan 10 by Pegojack

Genuine question here, so no sarky answers please. I usually park in the Coopers. My seat is about half way along the East stand. I've always assumed there was no short cut heading north after the game, so I've always gone around the south stand, then back up the West side and crossed the road by Rossi's.
Now this thread is suggesting there's an alternative, albeit a muddy one! Where does one go exactly, and where does it come out in order for me to get back to the Coopers?

If I'm assuming right on what everyone is saying turn left when you come out of the stand rather than right

Will take you out behind the away end, up the slope out of the stadium and cross by Rossis
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 1787 viewsOldjack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:24 - Jan 10 by Pegojack

you go down the hill towards the north stand ,turn left then right and walk along the back of the pens

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 1786 viewsdgt73

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:05 - Jan 10 by Phil_S

I'm more surprised that we still need the pen. Would removing that solve the problem?

As for the council, I would rather they stopped people parking on the grass by the footpaths first - that has to be an accident waiting to happen

Yes you need the pen, because it would kick off without it. Isn't these sort of issues that the trust should bring up in its meetings.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 1773 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:28 - Jan 10 by dgt73

Yes you need the pen, because it would kick off without it. Isn't these sort of issues that the trust should bring up in its meetings.

Why do you think I am asking the questions?

Why would it kick off without the pen? Surely we are above things like that these days? We seem to manage well enough before the games?
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:38 - Jan 10 with 1764 viewsdgt73

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:34 - Jan 10 by Phil_S

Why would it kick off without the pen? Surely we are above things like that these days? We seem to manage well enough before the games?

I suggest you take a walk around the pen after the game, it's a completely different atmosphere. Swansea fans are like the family dog, well behaved in the main but always the potential to turn nasty in certain circumstances.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:39 - Jan 10 with 1758 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:38 - Jan 10 by dgt73

I suggest you take a walk around the pen after the game, it's a completely different atmosphere. Swansea fans are like the family dog, well behaved in the main but always the potential to turn nasty in certain circumstances.

I would love to but sadly after the match for me the time is to head off home so I shall take your word for it
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:39 - Jan 10 with 1757 viewsDr_Winston

In all the time the stadium has been there the only serious hassle I can remember was up by the Railway and nowhere near the pen at all, if the pen had even been built by then. Don't see the point of the gates being locked unless it's Cardiff.

The path down there could use a little widening and certainly better lighting though. Maybe some part time lighting on the path towards the RTB would be a good idea too. They'd only have to be turned on for evening games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 1740 viewsdgt73

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:39 - Jan 10 by Dr_Winston

In all the time the stadium has been there the only serious hassle I can remember was up by the Railway and nowhere near the pen at all, if the pen had even been built by then. Don't see the point of the gates being locked unless it's Cardiff.

The path down there could use a little widening and certainly better lighting though. Maybe some part time lighting on the path towards the RTB would be a good idea too. They'd only have to be turned on for evening games.

Last season there would have been a major clash with Newcastle fans if there was no pen, also with west brom, Stoke and a few others.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:47 - Jan 10 with 1735 viewsDr_Winston

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:47 - Jan 10 by dgt73

Last season there would have been a major clash with Newcastle fans if there was no pen, also with west brom, Stoke and a few others.

Riiiiiight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 1721 viewsonetimejack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:34 - Jan 10 by Phil_S

The trust must be unaware of the number of bottles etc being thrown over the pen then? On one occasion last year ( Newcastle i believe) one said bottle almost landing on an old disabled gentleman entering his car.
To say there is no need for the pen really does show how far from reality the trust must be?

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 1665 viewsClinton

Seems the path thing is worse than I realised.
To get the path thing sorted, the first thing someone needs to do is GET SOME PHOTOS and/or a video of the problem at its worst.
After THIS AFTERNOONs match would be a perfect opportunity.
Armed with the visual evidence a collective 'we' can approach the stadium management, the trust, the management of swansea City and the Ospreys. i.e. Write a letter.

The appeal process, in the event of inaction, will be to get a story in that holy of holies the SWEP. Maybe they could fit it in between the dreadful articles by council leaders past and present, and the perennial calls for the reinstatement of the Slip Bridge.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:57 - Jan 10 with 1656 viewsdgt73

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 by onetimejack

The trust must be unaware of the number of bottles etc being thrown over the pen then? On one occasion last year ( Newcastle i believe) one said bottle almost landing on an old disabled gentleman entering his car.
To say there is no need for the pen really does show how far from reality the trust must be?

I agree the trust chairman even thinks there is no need for the pen. Unbelievable.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:58 - Jan 10 with 1652 viewsApeShit

I think the pen does more to incite violence/unsocial behaviour to be honest.

Arseholes giving it the big one because there is a cage between them and whoever.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:02 - Jan 10 with 1648 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 by onetimejack

Yes you are right the Trust are unaware of the number of bottles being thrown over the pen.

Nobody has complained to us about it so not really quite sure how you would expect us to be aware of it
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:06 - Jan 10 with 1644 viewsonetimejack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:02 - Jan 10 by Phil_S

Yes you are right the Trust are unaware of the number of bottles being thrown over the pen.

Nobody has complained to us about it so not really quite sure how you would expect us to be aware of it

Is there no type of policy in place for the stewards making reports if anything kicks off?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:10 - Jan 10 with 1637 viewsPhil_S

Yep they make their reports to their supervisors/managers at the end of the game and the stadium management team look into it
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:16 - Jan 10 with 1632 viewsonetimejack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:10 - Jan 10 by Phil_S

Yep they make their reports to their supervisors/managers at the end of the game and the stadium management team look into it

Who's job is it in training a monkey how to write?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:33 - Jan 10 with 1614 viewsGixerJack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:47 - Jan 10 by dgt73

I concur with the need to retain the pen, on several occasions I have witnessed high emotions between people on both inside and outside the fence following games which probably would have escalated had the fence not been there.

Obviously there is a consideration that if the fence wasn't there then these heroes would have controlled their emotions a bit better, but personally I wouldn't want to remove the fence just to find out.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:35 - Jan 10 with 1611 viewsdgt73

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:33 - Jan 10 by GixerJack

I concur with the need to retain the pen, on several occasions I have witnessed high emotions between people on both inside and outside the fence following games which probably would have escalated had the fence not been there.

Obviously there is a consideration that if the fence wasn't there then these heroes would have controlled their emotions a bit better, but personally I wouldn't want to remove the fence just to find out.

Spot on.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 12:40 - Jan 10 with 1574 viewsPlazex

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:27 - Jan 10 by Clinton

Can't do much about the rain, I just walk in the mud.
Bit of Tarmac wouldn't go amiss I suppose.
I'm guessing you are missing the magnificent facilities we used to enjoy down the Vetch.

Health and safety is changed now. The board said they ever getting matting down before Southampton home but didn't stick to their word.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024