Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Path around back of stadium at North east corner 22:28 - Jan 9 with 12955 viewsPlazex

This thread is about the path going behind the north east corner towards the car park. It needs widening. 5000 people trying to get down there after a match, on a 3 metre wide path? Not good enough swansea.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 2795 viewsPlazex

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 by Clinton

Seems the path thing is worse than I realised.
To get the path thing sorted, the first thing someone needs to do is GET SOME PHOTOS and/or a video of the problem at its worst.
After THIS AFTERNOONs match would be a perfect opportunity.
Armed with the visual evidence a collective 'we' can approach the stadium management, the trust, the management of swansea City and the Ospreys. i.e. Write a letter.

The appeal process, in the event of inaction, will be to get a story in that holy of holies the SWEP. Maybe they could fit it in between the dreadful articles by council leaders past and present, and the perennial calls for the reinstatement of the Slip Bridge.

I've got one on my phone somewhere.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 12:45 - Jan 10 with 2795 viewsPlazex

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:54 - Jan 10 by Clinton

Seems the path thing is worse than I realised.
To get the path thing sorted, the first thing someone needs to do is GET SOME PHOTOS and/or a video of the problem at its worst.
After THIS AFTERNOONs match would be a perfect opportunity.
Armed with the visual evidence a collective 'we' can approach the stadium management, the trust, the management of swansea City and the Ospreys. i.e. Write a letter.

The appeal process, in the event of inaction, will be to get a story in that holy of holies the SWEP. Maybe they could fit it in between the dreadful articles by council leaders past and present, and the perennial calls for the reinstatement of the Slip Bridge.

I will get some. Trust me, it is bad! Especially on a rainy day.

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 13:59 - Jan 10 with 2771 viewsEdmundo

Upgrade the path or you'll have a war on your hands...far worse than the red/blue issue up the road 😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 22:53 - Jan 11 with 2706 viewslawrence

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 13:59 - Jan 10 by Edmundo

Upgrade the path or you'll have a war on your hands...far worse than the red/blue issue up the road 😂

The liberty stadium managment team (Daniels)is aware of the problem as are the health and safety people in swansea city council who I got to visit the stadium and they agreed it was not acceptable and were told by the managment that the wok woul be carried out that was 10 months ago nothing done contacted the management and was assured it would be done but despite assurances nothing SAturdaythe accident we've been waiting for nearly happened a wheelchair of which there are many using the path actually got stuck in the mud and almost tipped over and put the young man in to the mud luckily four of us nearby made a grab for it and just managed to keep it upright. Rest assured if this was happening out side the west side of the stadium this problem would have been sorted straight away because of who sits there .ive been supporting the Swans for sixty years don't feel we have accept this disgusting stadium managment disgusting attitude
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 11:23 - Jan 12 with 2589 viewsWxmJax

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:28 - Jan 10 by dgt73

Yes you need the pen, because it would kick off without it. Isn't these sort of issues that the trust should bring up in its meetings.

Why would it kick off ? I go mainly to away games, no gates or cages, and there's never been any bother. The closest we've got to any is when I waited behind at Anfield last year for a few minutes and some guy kept saying "they're Swansea fans" towards us on the walk back to the car, big in a crowd but too scared to do anything himself. I'm glad he didn't by the way.

That path is crap though, needs some lighting as well.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 11:24]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 21:40 - Jan 12 with 2497 viewsThe_Bounder

I concur that this area on exit of the ground is an accident waiting to happen. Very congested on the narrow path, can be a real mud fest on the grass verges & negotiated numerous water torrents when reaching the car park.

Sort it out asap.

Sadly no longer in The Salisbury embracing Premier League football!

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 21:50 - Jan 12 with 2487 viewsJackfath

I think the South East exit was the same just before the bridge up until the start of this season. It used to be awful there. Thankfully they widened it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 00:14 - Jan 13 with 2460 viewslawrence

Been back in touch with stadium managment today about this path and been assured by Mr Mathew Daniels that the job is out to tender and as soon as tenders are returned the path will be sorted out immediately ,please keep in touch with this thread and I will update as soon as I hear from Mr Daniels
Login to get fewer ads

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 00:42 - Jan 13 with 2448 viewsBobJack

Does the stadium tannoy guy ( if you can hear him) ask all fans sitting in the East to turn right on leaving the ground?

We dont have 5,000 fans in north east corner.

If policed correctly, no problem.

If fans worried for their safety turned right , problem solved or am I missing something.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 00:45 - Jan 13 with 2448 viewstruckjack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 00:14 - Jan 13 by lawrence

Been back in touch with stadium managment today about this path and been assured by Mr Mathew Daniels that the job is out to tender and as soon as tenders are returned the path will be sorted out immediately ,please keep in touch with this thread and I will update as soon as I hear from Mr Daniels

Well done lawrence, good man. This path shambles has been brought up for years now and nothing has happened. Keep things going and keep us updated as the trust dont seem to notice, obviously West Stand dwellers.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 07:21 - Jan 13 with 2422 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 00:45 - Jan 13 by truckjack

Well done lawrence, good man. This path shambles has been brought up for years now and nothing has happened. Keep things going and keep us updated as the trust dont seem to notice, obviously West Stand dwellers.

I can safely say that not one single complaint has been raised to us on this until this thread

So not sure who it has been brought up with but certainly not to us
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 08:19 - Jan 13 with 2413 viewsjackforever

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 07:21 - Jan 13 by Phil_S

I can safely say that not one single complaint has been raised to us on this until this thread

So not sure who it has been brought up with but certainly not to us

Strange that nobody from the trust hasn't brought up the issue in meetings. Can only assume they don't exit the ground that way.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 08:38 - Jan 13 with 2402 viewsGretsch

Lots of people taking the piss here.

But isn't one of the issues why we cannot expand due to traffic, well one reason is the path, I have used it every game since we have been at the liberty. You cannot get down that path quick enough to get away quickly, or sometimes safely enough e.g. dark, rain etc, to get to your cars or buses, or shanks pony to get from the ground.

Also the slowest place on the path is as you pass the back of the netting where the away fans are, any issues there you could easily see elderly people or kids getting crushed. The path is only about 2 mtrs wide and widening it wouldn't be a huge expense.

Simple solution, there are other issues too like getting traffic out of the car park, why not have the exit the opposite end so cars can go straight onto the roundabout and away, not wait for slow moving pedestrians to get through the car park.

Not very well thought out, and until issues like this that people think are important are dealt with, I can fully understand why we cant expand.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 12:25 - Jan 13 with 2361 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 08:19 - Jan 13 by jackforever

Strange that nobody from the trust hasn't brought up the issue in meetings. Can only assume they don't exit the ground that way.

Knowing where Stu Mac sits and where he heads I would have thought he goes that way but nobody has mentioned it

Is it really a surprise that nobody heads that way ?
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 18:36 - Jan 13 with 2294 viewsDyfnant

Keep the fatties and the old people behind a bit and let the rest of us disperse at a decent pace.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:14 - Jan 13 with 2277 viewslawrence

Hi Phil ,I personally have brought up this issue about the unsafe entrance and exit at the stadium starting in 2014 before close season ,with two health and safety officers at the stadium ,I was promised it would be looked at but nothing was done ,I then contacted health and safety at the county hall,they sent a woman officer to the liberty to meet the people who were responsible for the safety issues there and she came back to me with assurances from them that the problem would be dealt with during the close season.Nothing was done through that close period so I got I touch with Mr Mathew Daniels of Stadium Managment he told me that he would go and look at it personally and would get some temporary matting put over the offending ground until such time when a permanent path would be put in place,again nothing was forthcoming despite repeated calls and unanswered emails but as I reiterated in my former post I've now been told by Mr Daniels that once tenders put out for the work are received back the work will be carried out promptly
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:18 - Jan 13 with 2269 viewslawrence

Yes quite right so you can get back to the pub first why did you leave there in the first place you selfish muppet
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:20 - Jan 13 with 2268 viewsmonkeymike

Definetly need a few lights on that path at least. pretty shocking you have to light it up with your phone so you dont end up down the river bank.

Take the cage away and there would be cracked heads. I have seen people booting the gates and climbing them-swans fans-. I have only been down twice since we went to the prem though unless its all changed.
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:43 - Jan 13 with 2247 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:14 - Jan 13 by lawrence

Hi Phil ,I personally have brought up this issue about the unsafe entrance and exit at the stadium starting in 2014 before close season ,with two health and safety officers at the stadium ,I was promised it would be looked at but nothing was done ,I then contacted health and safety at the county hall,they sent a woman officer to the liberty to meet the people who were responsible for the safety issues there and she came back to me with assurances from them that the problem would be dealt with during the close season.Nothing was done through that close period so I got I touch with Mr Mathew Daniels of Stadium Managment he told me that he would go and look at it personally and would get some temporary matting put over the offending ground until such time when a permanent path would be put in place,again nothing was forthcoming despite repeated calls and unanswered emails but as I reiterated in my former post I've now been told by Mr Daniels that once tenders put out for the work are received back the work will be carried out promptly

Thanks Lawrence - from our perspective we will bring it up as well - the more people that do it the merrier
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 23:02 - Feb 17 with 2066 viewslawrence

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 19:43 - Jan 13 by Phil_S

Thanks Lawrence - from our perspective we will bring it up as well - the more people that do it the merrier

Hi Phil have you hear anymore about sorting this path out I was telephoned by a gentleman from the managment office to give me an update as Mathew who was dealing with it was in hospital .Wastold that the tenders were waiting to be recieved back and work should start soon but at this time nothing has changed people are still having to walk in that shitty mud path . wondering if if you had any update on it Many Thanks Lawrence
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 07:34 - Feb 18 with 1999 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 23:02 - Feb 17 by lawrence

Hi Phil have you hear anymore about sorting this path out I was telephoned by a gentleman from the managment office to give me an update as Mathew who was dealing with it was in hospital .Wastold that the tenders were waiting to be recieved back and work should start soon but at this time nothing has changed people are still having to walk in that shitty mud path . wondering if if you had any update on it Many Thanks Lawrence

Not at the moment i bought it up st the last Trust board meeting for Huw to raise with SSMC so will see what I can find out - I'm away until late tomorrow but will come back to you
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:52 - Feb 22 with 1830 viewstwotimejack

Who would pay for the path to be widened then Phil?

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:54 - Feb 22 with 1829 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:52 - Feb 22 by twotimejack

Who would pay for the path to be widened then Phil?

Stadium management at the moment

Answer I got Friday was this was not happening at the moment due to the expansion potential - not saying that's the answer we want so watch this space
Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:17 - Feb 22 with 1792 viewstwotimejack

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 09:54 - Feb 22 by Phil_S

Stadium management at the moment

Answer I got Friday was this was not happening at the moment due to the expansion potential - not saying that's the answer we want so watch this space

I thought maybe it was the council who pays and they were passing the cost on to the fans parked down by fords

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:20 - Feb 22 with 1791 viewsPhil_S

Path around back of stadium at North east corner on 10:17 - Feb 22 by twotimejack

I thought maybe it was the council who pays and they were passing the cost on to the fans parked down by fords

Was there parking tickets yesterday?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024