Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transparency 09:33 - Feb 3 with 3143 viewsCamdenDale

Selling Done and his like is inevitable...we can't hold back players (or managers) careers and we have to balance the books. It's how we're still here.

However, I really can't understand why we can't be told the figures. Any answers?
Transparency on 10:04 - Feb 3 with 3007 viewsCockneyDale

It lets other clubs/agents/players/owners of the stadium know how big our pockets are when dealing with us. Also, once you take fees, tax etc off its not nearly as much as the headline figure.

Not saying I don't want to know, I can see why they keep it private though!
Transparency on 10:06 - Feb 3 with 2992 viewsdingdangblue

Because we are trying to buy the Rugby League shares in the Stadium? Who knows? Maybe the more money they think we have the more they will hold out for? Who values these shares anyhow - is it done independently or do they get a value of the stadium and just divide it between the number of shares? If anyone has any answers?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Transparency on 10:13 - Feb 3 with 2965 viewsblackpoolcol

It is difficult to put a figure on most transfers as it may well be

(1) Initial fee (paid over 12 months or upfront)
(2) Fee after xx appearances (can be multiple)
(3) Fee after xx Goals (can be multiple)
(4) Fee for team achieving success (eg play offs, play off final, promotion, avoid relegation, cup competition)
(5) Percentage of future transfer fee

Who would have thought the amount Dale received for Rickie when he left would have been so high?

Also people forget that VAT is charged on transfer fees (yes the HMRC get their cut as well !!!!)

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Transparency on 10:35 - Feb 3 with 2874 viewsHopwoodblue

Transparency on 10:13 - Feb 3 by blackpoolcol

It is difficult to put a figure on most transfers as it may well be

(1) Initial fee (paid over 12 months or upfront)
(2) Fee after xx appearances (can be multiple)
(3) Fee after xx Goals (can be multiple)
(4) Fee for team achieving success (eg play offs, play off final, promotion, avoid relegation, cup competition)
(5) Percentage of future transfer fee

Who would have thought the amount Dale received for Rickie when he left would have been so high?

Also people forget that VAT is charged on transfer fees (yes the HMRC get their cut as well !!!!)

At the end of the day we are 7th in league one on a crowd base of around 2500.
If the club and Keith thinks the bid is fair then that's fine with me. I think we will be lucky to
Finish in the top ten as the bigger clubs will now push on, but as Keith said
If the league was based on budget's we would be already relegated.
For those of you who seem to think we should be holding on to these players I say this
Firstly the only reason we can attract quality players is because they know they will be allowed to go on to bigger and better clubs without question.
The other thing is, if you think we should try the Stockport or Darlington way then I suggest you speak to their fans , then give your heads a wobble. Hope to see 5000 Dale fans there Saturday then maybe we could compete a bit more we the likes of Shef U
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 10:39]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Transparency on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 2843 viewsJimmyRustler

I would have rather KH said that there will be no transfer activity unless we receive an offer that is too good refuse as opposed to categorically stating that nobody will be leaving. TBF, unless the offer was absolutely massive then, given it league and financial position, the offer was always one we could refuse in pursuit of the playoffs.
Transparency on 10:54 - Feb 3 with 2782 viewsSandyman

The accounts put to shareholders will declare what income has been gained from transfers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024