Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This forum 15:36 - Feb 3 with 10128 viewsmattjenkins1990

I have been regularly following the planet swans forum and do enjoy a number of the threads and debates posted.

What i cannot understand is why people are so hostile to one another, personal attacks on users including people who contribute regularly and moderators ... why ?

I honestly have seen less petulance in a school playground. We are all Swansea city fans with opinions about the club we love regardless of geographical location, status in the forum, season ticket holders or Trust members. We should not be Verbally attacked for posting our thoughts and opinions, its what makes freedom of speech great.

Swansea is supposed to be a family club, is highly regarded around the UK and the world for this, however this forum doesn't feel very family like to me

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

This forum on 17:18 - Feb 3 with 1774 viewsDarran

This forum on 17:17 - Feb 3 by Oldjack

Peace and goodwill to all men

Even Warwick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This forum on 17:20 - Feb 3 with 1763 viewsParlay

This forum on 17:11 - Feb 3 by skippyjack

You need to tone it down.. it's turning into the Parlay show again.. we're looking for simple debate.. not a demographic thesis of our 2nd string becoming Real Madrid overnight..

I need to do nothing of the sort young buck.

It is the parlay show simply because I am the forum celebrity.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This forum on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 1760 viewsjudgejonevs

This forum on 17:08 - Feb 3 by Darran

Utter nonsense,some people would have loved us to be relegation fodder so Monk would have gone.
Fu*k me Icey its a year tomorrow since Laudrup left and one pri*k is still wa*king over him.

They then Darran are wrong and I cannot fathom out why. It makes no sense to me either. As for Michael Laudrup that's simply a closed chapter in Swansea's history. A chapter that moved us forward but ended badly.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

This forum on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 1758 viewsOldjack

This forum on 17:18 - Feb 3 by Darran

Even Warwick?

even Warwick Twunt the monk hater

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

This forum on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 1758 viewsDarran

This forum on 17:22 - Feb 3 by judgejonevs

They then Darran are wrong and I cannot fathom out why. It makes no sense to me either. As for Michael Laudrup that's simply a closed chapter in Swansea's history. A chapter that moved us forward but ended badly.

Exactly Sir.

This forum on 17:24 - Feb 3 with 1753 viewsicecoldjack

Utter nonsense,some people would have loved us to be relegation fodder so Monk would have gone.
Fu*k me Icey its a year tomorrow since Laudrup left and one pri*k is still wa*king over him.

I can understand people not wanting Monk to manage the club Darran, i'm one of them, and there are many reasons as to why, experience being the key ingredient, but i can't see anyone wanting total failiure just to see Monk get the push, it's almost impossible to wish defeat on my Swans even if Bin Laden was manager! i personally can't see how anyone could want that .

i think you're on your own with this theory TBH.
This forum on 17:26 - Feb 3 with 1746 viewsDarran

This forum on 17:24 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

I can understand people not wanting Monk to manage the club Darran, i'm one of them, and there are many reasons as to why, experience being the key ingredient, but i can't see anyone wanting total failiure just to see Monk get the push, it's almost impossible to wish defeat on my Swans even if Bin Laden was manager! i personally can't see how anyone could want that .

i think you're on your own with this theory TBH.

Nah.

This forum on 17:28 - Feb 3 with 1743 viewsmonmouth

This forum on 17:13 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

But for them to be proved "right" Monk has to fail. There's no difference in the two.

Yes indeed. It's a point I missed yesterday. It's mental.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

This forum on 17:32 - Feb 3 with 1716 viewsParlay

Well at least people are realising that Planetswans is one great abuse fest. Thread after thread after thread. Tedious but just a little bit amusing.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This forum on 17:33 - Feb 3 with 1721 viewstwotimejack

This forum will never be as th op says as long as cretins like this are around, and unfortunatly this will be forever.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

This forum on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 1710 viewsacejack3065

I have no agenda and I just try and post objectively about my football team.

What has been very noticeable and alarming is that since Laudrup has gone there has been a noticeable split in the fanbase.

There has been a complete unacceptance of Monk as a replacement and it's carried on for an entire year. As a manager he has been subject to higher scrutiny than any other Swans boss in recent memory. This has been wholly unfair as Monk has displayed enough loyalty already to the club and the fans, as well as providing some legendary results since taking over. Beating Cardiff in his first game, Man utd away and Arsenal at home are immense achievements which would be enough to cement the reputation of any other Swans manager.

Our style has evolved which is necessary for any team if they wish to stay relevant and successful. We have sacrificed a few possession points for league points whilst still scoring some great goals. Regardless of how our football has transformed into success, some posters have seen this as an ultimate betrayal to the fabled "swansea way", a dogmatic approach that determines that our passes should be short and along the ground. Any deviation from that approach is nothing short of heresy as the system must always be upheld for the east stand sayeth so!

In a direct reaction to such football snobbery and hysterical despair another section of fans has emerged. These fans are so bewildered at the distance of which the other fans have lodged their heads so far up their backsides, they have resorted to over celebrating every little success in order to try and neutralise the nay-sayers.

This has created a polarised planet swans where objectivity and freedom of thought are swallowed up in an entrenched feud between people who feel the need to argue about what Swansea City was and what it is now becoming.

For me it's completely irrelevant as Swansea City are enjoying their 4th year in the Premier League and are two wins away from almost certainly guaranteeing a 5th. We've done it by playing pretty, fighting ugly, singing loudly and upsetting the footballing order. Lastly, we've done it together. Please can we continue to live the dream together!
This forum on 17:38 - Feb 3 with 1690 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 17:34 - Feb 3 by acejack3065

What has been very noticeable and alarming is that since Laudrup has gone there has been a noticeable split in the fanbase.

There has been a complete unacceptance of Monk as a replacement and it's carried on for an entire year. As a manager he has been subject to higher scrutiny than any other Swans boss in recent memory. This has been wholly unfair as Monk has displayed enough loyalty already to the club and the fans, as well as providing some legendary results since taking over. Beating Cardiff in his first game, Man utd away and Arsenal at home are immense achievements which would be enough to cement the reputation of any other Swans manager.

Our style has evolved which is necessary for any team if they wish to stay relevant and successful. We have sacrificed a few possession points for league points whilst still scoring some great goals. Regardless of how our football has transformed into success, some posters have seen this as an ultimate betrayal to the fabled "swansea way", a dogmatic approach that determines that our passes should be short and along the ground. Any deviation from that approach is nothing short of heresy as the system must always be upheld for the east stand sayeth so!

In a direct reaction to such football snobbery and hysterical despair another section of fans has emerged. These fans are so bewildered at the distance of which the other fans have lodged their heads so far up their backsides, they have resorted to over celebrating every little success in order to try and neutralise the nay-sayers.

This has created a polarised planet swans where objectivity and freedom of thought are swallowed up in an entrenched feud between people who feel the need to argue about what Swansea City was and what it is now becoming.

For me it's completely irrelevant as Swansea City are enjoying their 4th year in the Premier League and are two wins away from almost certainly guaranteeing a 5th. We've done it by playing pretty, fighting ugly, singing loudly and upsetting the footballing order. Lastly, we've done it together. Please can we continue to live the dream together!

hear hear - great post

This forum on 17:43 - Feb 3 with 1669 viewsjudgejonevs

We're all on the scfc rollercoaster.

This forum on 17:49 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewsmonmouth

His hair is pretty crap mind.

Seriously, if we take away all the polarising then in pure stark measurement terms (and no one really remembers anything else) he's done brilliantly; best points per match; best points after 23 games; wins over big beasts etc, but can anyone say (no polarisation remember) that our style of play and pass and move ethos hasn't changed in a concerning fashion? We all wanted a Plan B, we didn't want it to become Plan A though.

This forum on 17:53 - Feb 3 with 1645 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 17:49 - Feb 3 by monmouth

His hair is pretty crap mind.

Seriously, if we take away all the polarising then in pure stark measurement terms (and no one really remembers anything else) he's done brilliantly; best points per match; best points after 23 games; wins over big beasts etc, but can anyone say (no polarisation remember) that our style of play and pass and move ethos hasn't changed in a concerning fashion? We all wanted a Plan B, we didn't want it to become Plan A though.

We are in a sticky patch at present, some performances this season have been outstanding and some of the football has been brilliant. Monk as a defender has obviously looked to solidify the back that is his area of expertise and he will capitalise on that. To say that it has become Plan A to park the bus when we have a weakened squad is not quite right. I have faith the football will return when the teams confidence does

This forum on 17:58 - Feb 3 with 1555 viewsicecoldjack

Agree . Great post .
This forum on 18:01 - Feb 3 with 1550 viewsmonmouth

This forum on 17:53 - Feb 3 by mattjenkins1990

We are in a sticky patch at present, some performances this season have been outstanding and some of the football has been brilliant. Monk as a defender has obviously looked to solidify the back that is his area of expertise and he will capitalise on that. To say that it has become Plan A to park the bus when we have a weakened squad is not quite right. I have faith the football will return when the teams confidence does

That post content could have been written by me before Christmas - probably was - so I'm not going to disagree with the sentiment. Perhaps I should have said 'don't want it to become plan A'. I can't actually remember many 'outstanding performances' mind you. I can remember outstanding moments for sure, but we've spent a lot of time on the back foot which, despite the points we've gained I don't like watching, particularly at the Lib, particularly after going ahead, particularly against teams that we are better than and have no need to hand the initiative to.

I too remain hopeful that confidence and return of a full squad (and a DM hurray) will click everything into place and we combine all of the bits of our special jigsaw.

This forum on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 1544 viewsmattjenkins1990

This forum on 18:01 - Feb 3 by monmouth

That post content could have been written by me before Christmas - probably was - so I'm not going to disagree with the sentiment. Perhaps I should have said 'don't want it to become plan A'. I can't actually remember many 'outstanding performances' mind you. I can remember outstanding moments for sure, but we've spent a lot of time on the back foot which, despite the points we've gained I don't like watching, particularly at the Lib, particularly after going ahead, particularly against teams that we are better than and have no need to hand the initiative to.

I too remain hopeful that confidence and return of a full squad (and a DM hurray) will click everything into place and we combine all of the bits of our special jigsaw.

I see your point and it is a valid one, its always worrying times when your side inst performing to the levels you have seen them and come to expect them to consistently hit. I guess time will tell if my hypothesis is correct.

This forum on 18:08 - Feb 3 with 1536 viewsDarran

This forum on 18:06 - Feb 3 by mattjenkins1990

I see your point and it is a valid one, its always worrying times when your side inst performing to the levels you have seen them and come to expect them to consistently hit. I guess time will tell if my hypothesis is correct.

These current levels can't compete with some ive seen.

This forum on 18:24 - Feb 3 with 1511 viewsperchrockjack

ace is bang on the money.

Sorry but some on here are finding it hard to credit Monk with anything and THIS is what divides us.

We seen him called a "coward" and the captain a "bottler" so that in itself would surely provoke. It did me anyway..
We are 9th in Pl and by all accounts been playing like a drain. I tell you all, you need to get out of that small town mentality as there are plenty of clubs who would exchange places with us. Winning and success ,at this level is ALL.. If anyone prefers a lower league club where they can sit in comfort in space and even watch pretty football then fook odd 40 miles of Swansea, because we re gonna be at this level for many years so sorry the little old small family club is history so live with it and accept it- enjoy the fact we re in the top 30 clubs in the fookn world .

"Our passing game has gone" , "we ve been playing crap for weeks " "we ve gone backwards" all unmitigated bollucks by people with truly no idea whatsoever.

LOOK AT WHERE WE ARE.........LOOK WHAT IT BRINGS... RESULTS ARE NOTED not how many passes complete or not.

We really do need mOnk to not only survive but to prosper ,then those who ve derided him merciless win or lose should -but they wont- admit they were wrong.
Same with Board, who if we were to believe the erstwhile great and important valley boy poster ,about to sell us to some Yanks who are then going to run down the club in some way and get us into massive debt which will finish the club.

If I were Monk, seeing the way he is spoken about and having cretins come to his door with advice, I would be already be looking at clubs where he would be respected by fans who actually know something about life.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This forum on 18:24 - Feb 3 with 1513 viewsWarwickHunt

This forum on 18:01 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Agree with nearly all of that.

However, we've had a pretty full squad and gone ahead early (giving us some confidence you'd have thought...) only to surrender the initiative by resorting to two banks of four sitting deep and inviting pressure.

While we're obsessed with keeping our shape and standing off rather than pressing and trying to regain possession it won't be pretty. You were right first time - it's become our Plan A.
This forum on 18:47 - Feb 3 with 1480 viewsMillie

To call our manager a coward is plain wrong, that's not debate
This forum on 18:52 - Feb 3 with 1472 viewsjudgejonevs

Nearly all of our previous managers during the rise of the club have generally been criticised for only having 'the one plan' . We had to adapt and change and mix up our style we had become predictable and teams could look to neutralise our effectiveness (just look what we did to Southampton). It's impossible to be completely competitive and all conquering playing the same style and way all the time. Even Barcelona are less effective than a few years back. What I can't get over is that Monk played a blinder tactically at Southampton with what we had on the field which enabled us to break and snatch a winning goal. I'm glad we have a different outlook to each game it certainly makes us more competitive in my opinion.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 18:57]

This forum on 19:00 - Feb 3 with 1456 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anything added to that would be completely superfluous. Agree with every word.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 19:03]

Poll: Tory leader

This forum on 19:57 - Feb 3 with 1396 viewsjacksfullaces

my theory for what it's worth.

board is a great place to get some good info, inside track and now and again see a bit of amusing banter. if you only dip in now and again.

if you spend half your life on this board then you start to take it and others opinions far too seriously and personally. as well as having an inflated view of your own status.

why anyone would want to do the latter is somewhat beyond me.

suspect this is an issue with all message boards though, not just this one ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024