Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry should replace Barton as captain. 12:16 - Feb 23 with 4791 viewsLadbrokeGrover

IMO Henry should be given the captains armband until possibly Dunne is back.

He has fast become one of my favorite players this season with consistent good, and at times brilliant midfield displays.

1. He sticks to the job given to him by the manager religiously.
2. He's always talking and encouraging others around him.
3. He spots teammates out of position and barks at them to correct it.
4. Never gets involved in nasty and unnecessary off the ball stuff. Basically a disciplined professional.
5. His only bookings come from spotting danger and 'taking one for the team' apart from a couple of clumsy tackles.

All of the above means, for me, he is the man for the job looking at the players CR is using.

One things for sure - Joey should never captain us again and for me his sh1t displays have far outweighed his good ones this season.

I will be glad to see the back of him especially as he seems to think he's better than us which is fu@king laughable.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 1357 viewsOutintheOrne

Agree completely that Joey loses the captaincy from this point on; and hopefully his place in the team. Some great options suggested. Shame Ned Is crocked cos i'd have slung him the arm band and persevered with him and caulker. Rio's not a bad shout but I don't know, makes me feel a little bit dirty that an ex Man U skipper captains us. The rest of his game isn't up to it either even though improvement last couple of games. I'd rather Caulker than him but in his current form I fear his head may explode with the responsibility.
Think Henry will do a steady job, like he does in midfield, as captain. Believe the rest of the squad respect him and then from next season onwards i'd give it to The Chief.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 20:36 - Feb 24 with 1350 viewsbosh67

Henry for me should be captain anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 23:07 - Feb 24 with 1321 viewsHunterhoop

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 17:41 - Feb 24 by Billy_Kershaw

Whilst "on the ball", Henry is solid but unspectacular, "off the ball" he's the best player in the squad.

We've got 1 or 2 who are at their best "off the ball"

Yes yes. Very good.

But it's a really important point. Unless you play 11 a side football (at any level) it's easy not to appreciate the players like Karl Henry. Those that do, often highly rate those skills - and they are skills - off the ball. They are crucial to making the team tick.

We all loved Derry. Henry has played a level above Derry ever did this season. The only difference is so many fans ridiculed Henry's signing and him as a player, rather than merely be sceptical like with Derry, and they aren't willing to concede they were wrong. Those that have, I commend you.

The bloke deserves respect and clearly is respected by the squad.

Karl "The Maestro" Henry for captain! Allez Karl!
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 23:27 - Feb 24 with 1310 viewsPunteR

I'd have Henry captain. Seems to talk well with the refs as well as his teammates. A no frills player that gets involved in the game.
I wouldn't have Austin as he just needs to concentrate on scoring goals.
Hill is the captain though and that's fine by me if gets games.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 02:04 - Feb 25 with 1284 viewsSonofNorfolt

If someone can hypnotise Henry and tell him he is Xavi Alonso, or anyone that is able to play the ball forwards, then fine. That apart, 'limited' is being kind.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 10:06 - Feb 25 with 1256 viewsQPunkR

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 02:04 - Feb 25 by SonofNorfolt

If someone can hypnotise Henry and tell him he is Xavi Alonso, or anyone that is able to play the ball forwards, then fine. That apart, 'limited' is being kind.

Not his job. Don't know what everyone's big hang-up is with this. His remit is to win the ball back and cover the defence and rest of the midfield. He does this to a T.

QPR - "shit but local"

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 10:19 - Feb 25 with 1247 viewsLoft1979

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 20:36 - Feb 24 by bosh67

Henry for me should be captain anyway.

2 pages included my own post(s), but isnt Clint still captain. Joey has had the armband on the field, but HR previous talked about this.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 10:25 - Feb 25 with 1235 viewsQPunkR

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 10:19 - Feb 25 by Loft1979

2 pages included my own post(s), but isnt Clint still captain. Joey has had the armband on the field, but HR previous talked about this.

What I don't understand is why Jesus Barton still gets the armband even when Clint's on the pitch??

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:04 - Feb 25 with 1214 viewsAntti_Heinola

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 10:06 - Feb 25 by QPunkR

Not his job. Don't know what everyone's big hang-up is with this. His remit is to win the ball back and cover the defence and rest of the midfield. He does this to a T.

Not his job. Of course it's his effing job, he's a central midfielder!

Bare bones.

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:10 - Feb 25 with 1208 viewsHunterhoop

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:04 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

It's his job in the same way it's Adel Taarabt or Leroy Fer's job to track back.

And besides, there is some misrepresentation on his passing. He keeps things ticking over nicely and is often showing for the ball. He also doesn't give it away needlessly like Barton Balls. Just because he doesn't attempt narcissistic Hollywood passes all the time doesn't make him negative. I'd have Henry's passing over Barton's, but ideally you'd have an Ale Faurlin type playing with either of them to be the player who's really pulling the strings on the ball and unlocking teams.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:21 - Feb 25 with 1200 viewssimmo

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:04 - Feb 25 by Antti_Heinola

Ridiculous to think that the attributes and characteristics of a central midfielder should always be the same.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024