Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? 20:56 - Mar 6 with 8070 viewssmegma

Just seen your lot take to the pitch in SW6 for the second half. What is that I hear ??
A song by QPR season ticket holder and all round cool dude Mick Jones of the Clash. You know very well we run out to the sounds of London Calling and have done for over a decade. And i thought you were trailblazers down by the river ? What else are you going to nick from us ?

I see youre doing a fine interpretation of us in your defending tonight as well.
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:58 - Mar 9 with 2618 viewsRangersw12

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:50 - Mar 9 by Konk

Voice of reason from Aston Hoop!

In terms of your capacity - okay, I stand corrected; only 100 tickets unsold. I just hope all the balloon-waving, jester-hat-wearing, face-painted Aunts, Uncles and next-door neighbours from the Play-off final managed to get tickets (if I did emoticons or whatever they're called, I'd throw a wink in at this point).

I presume they are at the same place as the 10,000 fans you have lost , there must be some sort of Bermuda triangle in West London eh
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 10:00]
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 2593 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:58 - Mar 9 by Rangersw12

I presume they are at the same place as the 10,000 fans you have lost , there must be some sort of Bermuda triangle in West London eh
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 10:00]

I’ve reported our 7,000 missing fans to Hammersmith nick. They’re on the lookout for posh blokes with floppy hair in red trousers and U-14 American high school students dressed in their teams waterproof coats, taking lots of photos of Premiership footballers. And don’t worry — I reported your missing 25,000 fans whilst I was there. Police are combing the streets of Ruislip looking for anyone they can find caked in face paint with a balloon in each hand.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 10:44 - Mar 9 with 2565 viewssmegma

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 08:44 - Mar 9 by Konk

But English football’s been going a lot longer than fifty years, hasn’t it. You can’t just ignore the 80+ years prior to that. If we’re picking arbitrary timeframes, I’ll have us only having played Brentford once in the league in the past 17 years and playing Chelsea in the league 26 times in that period. Or the first 100 years of our existence when we played them 20 times in the league. We your catchment area surely overlaps with theirs more than ours does?

As for Mick Jones, I know he’s QPR, but I have a hazy memory of some BBC4 documentary where he was discussing knocking about with someone who wasn’t really naturally into football (Joe Strummer?) and how he’d have to go from chatting about football (and I’m sure he mentioned a couple of Arsenal players at this point) to chatting about something a bit more highbrow. But I may have imagined the whole thing after a night on the pop! Next time you see him, do us a favour and ask him if he used to watch Arsenal when he was younger.

I was talking about my lifetime not since the Boer War, I'm 51 going on 15.If that was the case we could possibly claim Crouch End Vampires as London rivals!!
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:15 - Mar 9 with 2539 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 10:44 - Mar 9 by smegma

I was talking about my lifetime not since the Boer War, I'm 51 going on 15.If that was the case we could possibly claim Crouch End Vampires as London rivals!!

Happy coincidence that the fifty years you cover are the years when you’ve played Brentford the least! You have to take the whole history into account — even if it tells an uncomfortable story (i.e. you v Brentford is up there with the OF derby in terms of what it means to both clubs)

Rangers winning the World cup at Griffin Park:

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:36 - Mar 9 with 2523 viewsMaggsinho

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:15 - Mar 9 by Konk

Happy coincidence that the fifty years you cover are the years when you’ve played Brentford the least! You have to take the whole history into account — even if it tells an uncomfortable story (i.e. you v Brentford is up there with the OF derby in terms of what it means to both clubs)

I know the point you're making but the celebrations were more down to the context of the day rather than about being Brentford.

Brentford equalised against us with about ten minutes left and in the other game Tranmere who were matching us game for game in the chase for the playoffs that season had just gone ahead so it felt like an opportunity had been missed - until Bircham got that winner.

I went mental when we scored that day but would have done if we'd been playing Hartlepool, Blackpool...etc instead of Brentfrord.
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:50 - Mar 9 with 2510 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:36 - Mar 9 by Maggsinho

I know the point you're making but the celebrations were more down to the context of the day rather than about being Brentford.

Brentford equalised against us with about ten minutes left and in the other game Tranmere who were matching us game for game in the chase for the playoffs that season had just gone ahead so it felt like an opportunity had been missed - until Bircham got that winner.

I went mental when we scored that day but would have done if we'd been playing Hartlepool, Blackpool...etc instead of Brentfrord.

Maggsinho — Thanks for the additional context, but for the sake of this petty squabble between myself and Smegma, I’m going to disregard your perfectly plausible explanation and plough on with my assertion that Brentford v QPR is THE big one for both clubs and the people of Staines, Hayes, Hanwell and Ruislip. It’s mega.

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:53 - Mar 9 with 2499 viewsMaggsinho

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:50 - Mar 9 by Konk

Maggsinho — Thanks for the additional context, but for the sake of this petty squabble between myself and Smegma, I’m going to disregard your perfectly plausible explanation and plough on with my assertion that Brentford v QPR is THE big one for both clubs and the people of Staines, Hayes, Hanwell and Ruislip. It’s mega.

Carry on then, just needed to get that off my chest!
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 12:26 - Mar 9 with 2457 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:53 - Mar 9 by Maggsinho

Carry on then, just needed to get that off my chest!

Which is fine, Maggsinho, but how do you explain this?

Rangers players arriving at Hammersmith Town Hall after Marc Bircham's last minute winner at Griffin Park/the Middlesex cup final.

The Rangers squad and Management team were presented with medals and framed certificates to mark the occasion, with guests signing a commemorative guestbook.

Login to get fewer ads

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 12:38 - Mar 9 with 2431 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:33 - Mar 9 by Konk

No getting away from that. However shi t we've been all season, that's very poor. And yet we took 3,000 down to Brighton. We have weird support at times.

Surprised to see you almost 500 below capacity at home to Arsenal and Tottenham, though...

I'm going to completely sidestep the tantalisingly childish gag as to why Fulham took 3,000 to Brighton.

: )
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 12:44 - Mar 9 with 2423 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 12:38 - Mar 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm going to completely sidestep the tantalisingly childish gag as to why Fulham took 3,000 to Brighton.

: )

They wouldn't give us more tickets?

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 15:03 - Mar 9 with 2329 viewsWallyRanger

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 11:15 - Mar 9 by Konk

Sorry Konk, but QPR V Bees is nohing like the old firm, not nearly as thuggish as that frightening SW6 derby, very scary, I heard they tipped over the prawn sandwiches and poured the champagne down the sink in one game, luckily nobody got seriously hurt except for the poor soul who got called a "f*cking Tarquin c*nt" by Captain Racist
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 15:07 - Mar 9 with 2324 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 15:03 - Mar 9 by WallyRanger

Sorry Konk, but QPR V Bees is nohing like the old firm, not nearly as thuggish as that frightening SW6 derby, very scary, I heard they tipped over the prawn sandwiches and poured the champagne down the sink in one game, luckily nobody got seriously hurt except for the poor soul who got called a "f*cking Tarquin c*nt" by Captain Racist

There was organic red pepper humous everywhere, and one fella got ciabatta crumbs all down his red strides.
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 2266 viewsJuzzie

I was at that Brentford game and the fans reaction was definatly more about the consequences of winning the game rather than about it being against Brentford.
Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 08:22 - Mar 10 with 2208 viewsKonk

The Fulham derby is probably the biggest club game in the world. I’ve had groups of lads coming over from Buenos Aires to sample the atmosphere and they’ve been so intimidated by the build-up, they’ve locked themselves in the pub toilet and we’ve had to get the fire brigade to get them out.

Some of the Argentine chaps getting ready as they wait to be picked up from the Premier Inn at Putney Bridge before the last derby:

Taxi to the Cottage:

Watching the game from a specially fortified executive box at the Hammersmith end:

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 08:48 - Mar 10 with 2189 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You're getting unusually excited, Konk. Must be nearly Boat Race time of year....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:02 - Mar 10 with 2128 viewsKonk

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 08:48 - Mar 10 by BrianMcCarthy

You're getting unusually excited, Konk. Must be nearly Boat Race time of year....

Boat race — best day of the year. Wall-to-wall chinos and more women with pearl earings than you can shake a stick at. The only thing that could make it better is if England were playing at Twickenham on the same day.

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 10:43 - Mar 11 with 2004 viewssmegma

Oi Konk, where will this plagiarism end ??? on 09:02 - Mar 10 by Konk

Boat race — best day of the year. Wall-to-wall chinos and more women with pearl earings than you can shake a stick at. The only thing that could make it better is if England were playing at Twickenham on the same day.

Or Surrey playing at the Oval?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024