Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Cricket 16:35 - Apr 13 with 5552 viewstoboboly

Dear Lord this just gets worse and worse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/32041926

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

England Cricket on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 1896 viewsozexile

I've always defended cook in the test arena but he looks shot. Get the captaincy off him and see if he can recover. Read an article from Vaughn yesterday saying when broad comes into bat now he doesn't practice cover drives he practices ducking and weaving. He said its a sure sign that short pitched bowling scares the life out of him.
England Cricket on 23:10 - Apr 15 with 1862 viewsMrSheen

TThis match has gone to sleep until an hour before tomorrow's close. What's the betting Cook keeps them out too long again and they run out of time to bowl the Windies out on a dull wicket?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2015 23:20]
England Cricket on 23:16 - Apr 15 with 1856 viewsRanger78

England Cricket on 23:10 - Apr 15 by MrSheen

TThis match has gone to sleep until an hour before tomorrow's close. What's the betting Cook keeps them out too long again and they run out of time to bowl the Windies out on a dull wicket?

Yep, you can just sense that's on the cards!
England Cricket on 07:06 - Apr 16 with 1823 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 23:10 - Apr 15 by MrSheen

If only that were possible. There's nobody left who could ever bat for that long without scoring quickly enough for us to declare even on Cook's terms. They'll probably bowl us out and give themselves some sort of chance of winning. Good job that Narine doesn't play tests.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 7:06]
England Cricket on 08:38 - Apr 16 with 1782 viewsRangersw12

The last tour when we lost 1-0 there were 2 games where we batted on too long and the Windies escaped with a draw so surely we can't do the same thing again

Get too 350-400 and declare we really need to start playing more aggressively and if it means there is a chance the Windies could win then so be it as if they go for the shots there is more chance of them getting out
England Cricket on 09:04 - Apr 16 with 1762 viewsDWQPR

It is getting to a stage where I hope the Windies win this series in order to eject that hapless pair of Cook and Moores. The pair haven't got an idea about attacking test cricket either in the field or with the bat. Trott cannot even cope with the Windies pacemen and they certainly aren't Marshall, Holding and Roberts by any means, and he is going to have a summer facing the NZ and Aussie quickies! Christ on a bike.

In addition to this how often will Cook get away with slow over rates, Every time we bowl the day is two to three overs short, ends half an hour late or the opposition end up having to make up the rate. It is either pure arrogance or total negativity on his part and it is about time the ICC started banning captains for entire series and add penalty runs, say ten an over if teams cannot bowl 15 overs an hour.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

England Cricket on 09:59 - Apr 16 with 1744 viewsTheChef

There's got to be a better option than Trott to open the batting. Lyth should get a go in the next game.

Likewise with the captaincy, Cook's batting would be much improved without it. I'd like Root to get it but will it also impact his form? Or could he be the English equivalent of Graeme Smith?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England Cricket on 10:11 - Apr 16 with 1740 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 09:59 - Apr 16 by TheChef

There's got to be a better option than Trott to open the batting. Lyth should get a go in the next game.

Likewise with the captaincy, Cook's batting would be much improved without it. I'd like Root to get it but will it also impact his form? Or could he be the English equivalent of Graeme Smith?

It must be getting to the stage where the likes of Root and Stokes are getting pissed off with being run by idjots, so there's not much to lose by giving Root the job. It's not ideal but there's no obvious alternative. It's an appalling mess. If Root gets injured, then what? There's nobody at all. We should be thinking a step ahead, not two steps behind all the time.
Login to get fewer ads

England Cricket on 11:19 - Apr 16 with 1723 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 10:11 - Apr 16 by ElHoop

It must be getting to the stage where the likes of Root and Stokes are getting pissed off with being run by idjots, so there's not much to lose by giving Root the job. It's not ideal but there's no obvious alternative. It's an appalling mess. If Root gets injured, then what? There's nobody at all. We should be thinking a step ahead, not two steps behind all the time.

Is it worth getting a really good captain in instead (was it Brearley who wasn't all that but was a great captain/tactician) of getting one of the only decent players in the squad to lose focus on his batting?

England Cricket on 11:23 - Apr 16 with 1721 viewsozexile

England Cricket on 10:11 - Apr 16 by ElHoop

So true. I cant believe we've got a young player like stokes who was the only one to score a ton in oz and then he has a couple of bad games and he's dropped while cook who scores nothing is untouchable.
England Cricket on 11:39 - Apr 16 with 1703 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 11:19 - Apr 16 by toboboly

Is it worth getting a really good captain in instead (was it Brearley who wasn't all that but was a great captain/tactician) of getting one of the only decent players in the squad to lose focus on his batting?

I'm sure that Brearley was a better player than Cook currently is.

I've just whizzed through the current county captains and there's not much on offer. Madsen of Derby isn't particularly English (or Welsh), being born in Durban, but he's now eligible for England and he's a half decent player, but to bring him straight in as captain would also be open to ridicule:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31551853
England Cricket on 11:47 - Apr 16 with 1694 viewsMrSheen

England Cricket on 11:23 - Apr 16 by ozexile

So true. I cant believe we've got a young player like stokes who was the only one to score a ton in oz and then he has a couple of bad games and he's dropped while cook who scores nothing is untouchable.

I think breaking his hand after punching a locker was the reason he disappeared from the team. He didn't get his form back for a while afterwards, but he was out for months.
England Cricket on 11:58 - Apr 16 with 1691 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 11:47 - Apr 16 by MrSheen

I think breaking his hand after punching a locker was the reason he disappeared from the team. He didn't get his form back for a while afterwards, but he was out for months.

Cook would have stumps left if he had punched a locker every time he failed.
England Cricket on 12:26 - Apr 16 with 1673 viewstoboboly

England Cricket on 11:58 - Apr 16 by ElHoop

Cook would have stumps left if he had punched a locker every time he failed.

Are there enough lockers?

England Cricket on 22:49 - Apr 16 with 1617 viewsMrSheen

Fair play to Cook and Moores, they were bolder in their declaration than I expected. Still giving the West Indies a sniff on a dead pitch. Some catch by Jordan.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 22:50]
England Cricket on 19:53 - Apr 17 with 1533 viewsElHoop

The two Windies captains are digging in for a draw. They've got half a chance of getting one here.
England Cricket on 20:17 - Apr 17 with 1522 viewsdanehoop

England Cricket on 19:53 - Apr 17 by ElHoop

The two Windies captains are digging in for a draw. They've got half a chance of getting one here.

164 runs required and 28 overs left I'd suggest that they have a chance of winning if this pair stay in much longer.

Never knowingly understood

England Cricket on 20:35 - Apr 17 with 1504 viewsElHoop

England Cricket on 20:17 - Apr 17 by danehoop

164 runs required and 28 overs left I'd suggest that they have a chance of winning if this pair stay in much longer.

These guys are too smart to do that but they might hit one or two to get Cook on the back foot - not hard to do. Holder in particular is a really nice prospect.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024