Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. 21:40 - May 7 with 22784 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots kids. Could be a long night.

Poll: Tory leader

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:34 - May 8 with 1510 viewstrampie

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:17 - May 8 by Highjack

Yes but 40 seats short would be doable given the number of marginal seats in North England/London.

96 seats short they are finished.

What part of 40 seats short even if Labour won every single SNP seat don't you understand ???, in the North of England/London Labour won what they won and lost what they lost, the SNP did not win seats in the North of England or London [they didn't even stand].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:40 - May 8 with 1489 viewsHighjack

Sigh. Surely even you can see that the SNP have just handed the Tories power for a long long time? . Yes they would have still been 40 seats short if they had kept Scotland but in future elections they can attack the marginals in England and have a chance. Without Scotland they need to take 96 seats in England which is never going to happen in the foreseeable future.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:44 - May 8 with 1466 viewsperchrockjack

Do you like the north of England Tramp?

Puzzles me why, with most of Wales still despising the tories ukip a sideshow and the lim dems really only for Welsh Farmers, why the people don't turn to the national party of Wales.

It doesn't really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:49 - May 8 with 1451 viewswaynekerr55

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 10:08 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps not letting policies being decided by skunk smoking, 'Bow drinking students would be a start...

Hugh Jampton for MP

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:55 - May 8 with 1434 viewstrampie

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:40 - May 8 by Highjack

Sigh. Surely even you can see that the SNP have just handed the Tories power for a long long time? . Yes they would have still been 40 seats short if they had kept Scotland but in future elections they can attack the marginals in England and have a chance. Without Scotland they need to take 96 seats in England which is never going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Approximately 40 seats short is 40 seats short [even if they had won every single SNP seat] and in future generations they can win seats in Scotland if Scotland votes for them.

Labour did not win nowhere near enough seats.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:58 - May 8 with 1418 viewsHighjack

You are completely bonkers, but I like you.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:02 - May 8 with 1402 viewsorion3016

Why are 6 seats still not declared . Who's counting ffs?

Be over there now after

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:03 - May 8 with 1397 viewsHighjack

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:02 - May 8 by orion3016

Why are 6 seats still not declared . Who's counting ffs?

I was going to ask that myself. Considering some seats declare within half an hour of the booths shutting, why do others take upwards of 14 hours?

Login to get fewer ads

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:06 - May 8 with 1381 viewspikeypaul

7pm tonight Gowerton Con Club celebration party all invited free bubbly and food.

Here's to another prosperous 5 years.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:14 - May 8 with 1369 viewsjackonicko

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:40 - May 8 by Highjack

I don't particularly want to jump straight to the next General Election, whilst the current one isn't finished, but the SNP trouncing in Scotland could prove to be a problem for them.

This will forever be the high water mark for SNP whilst Scotland is part of the union. If the union stays together, I doubt the SNP can ever hope again for such a widespread mandate. The theme of future elections will inevitably be the "waning" of popular support for their nationalist policies as they inevitably lose MPs from such a lofty position.

It may take a couple of rounds of elections to restore the balance, but if Scotland continues to send MPs to Westminster I don't think it will be that long before the SNP representation significantly reduces.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:16 - May 8 with 1359 viewsHighjack

Yes the biggest problem for the SNP will be that their voters won't want Tory government after Tory Government so a lot of them will naturally drift back to Labour.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:46 - May 8 with 1310 viewsProfessor

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:00 - May 8 by perchrockjack

Esther was too complacent ,friends and the LABOUR woman (scruffy ,bad hair,plain and no you wouldn't) worked hard.

Still, seeing the unctuous Ed s demise was gratifying.

If Andy Burnham succeeds the sibling stabber they will have a real leader and a guy that will go down well ,one who is as genuine as its possible to get in politics now..

He will win them the next election wheras Yvette wont.

How s things in Tory land this morning Phil.

I

She also said a few rather crass things that went down badly in places like Woodchurch. Wirral and Chester one of Labour's few successes.

Andy Burnham only second favourite, but someone I like and may appeal to the votes that went to UKIP from Labour which arguably cost the losses in the North.

I await, as will many on here, to see how my new MP works on a local level. This perhaps was Esther's downfall as she got promoted very quickly.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:52 - May 8 with 1302 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed Paul.
Didn't really think that much of her.

My wife and I knew Lynda Chalker quite well before the Eagle down her. Lynda, although "posh" as an old fashioned Tory type who believed in family ,work,thrift, responsibility and compassion. She s sorely missed in Wallasey.

McVey campaign was shocking and I d have thought the Tories would have been all over it campaigning.

David Hunt was the best MP by a mile and a nice bloke. He lived in St Margarets Rd ,off Stanley Road in Hoylake right next to Joe Mercer, bless him.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:55 - May 8 with 1293 viewsWitneyjack

Leanne Wood has just said that "Conservatives don't have a mandate in Wales". Is this the same Conservative Party that has 11 Welsh MP's as opposed to Plaid Cymru's 3? So what does that say about her party?

Politicians eh?
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:57 - May 8 with 1288 viewsperchrockjack

Lovely Leanne s month in the spotlight is over and its back to being the nonentity she is..

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:06 - May 8 with 1262 viewsWarwickHunt

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:57 - May 8 by perchrockjack

Lovely Leanne s month in the spotlight is over and its back to being the nonentity she is..

At least she has Trampie in a gimp mask to cater for her every whim...
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:15 - May 8 with 1250 viewsperchrockjack

Will Trampie now retire as he s given it his all for some weeks and failed.

Majority still detest Plaid, many monoglot Welsh people dubious and its why nationalism never takes off ;never will.

As I say, Wales needs England--badly-- and alienating the English is self defeating.

I pray the Scots vote again and feook off. They ll starve within a short time so that s payback for Anfield in 77 you chunts and the farce on Cardiff with that penalty that robbed us a few years later

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:19 - May 8 with 1242 viewsLohengrin

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:06 - May 8 by WarwickHunt

At least she has Trampie in a gimp mask to cater for her every whim...

..... and a massive stack of ironing she's left build up.

* sorry Lisa.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:29 - May 8 with 1214 viewsC_jack

Let's be honest if you're Labour then you're probably a bit demoralised, but it's likely you're going to win the next election, with an unelected Tory PM roaming number 10, Not to mention that Scotland will either have f**ked off entirely or the SNP will be taking a lib dem style kicking if they haven't

So they've got 5 years to not f**k it up, can they do that?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 14:41 - May 8 with 1202 viewsWarwickHunt

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 12:00 - May 8 by perchrockjack

Esther was too complacent ,friends and the LABOUR woman (scruffy ,bad hair,plain and no you wouldn't) worked hard.

Still, seeing the unctuous Ed s demise was gratifying.

If Andy Burnham succeeds the sibling stabber they will have a real leader and a guy that will go down well ,one who is as genuine as its possible to get in politics now..

He will win them the next election wheras Yvette wont.

How s things in Tory land this morning Phil.

I

Was Lib Dem land until 5 years ago.

Zac Goldbars now has a 23,000 majority. Decent local MP to be fair.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 15:35 - May 8 with 1145 viewsProfessor

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 13:52 - May 8 by perchrockjack

Agreed Paul.
Didn't really think that much of her.

My wife and I knew Lynda Chalker quite well before the Eagle down her. Lynda, although "posh" as an old fashioned Tory type who believed in family ,work,thrift, responsibility and compassion. She s sorely missed in Wallasey.

McVey campaign was shocking and I d have thought the Tories would have been all over it campaigning.

David Hunt was the best MP by a mile and a nice bloke. He lived in St Margarets Rd ,off Stanley Road in Hoylake right next to Joe Mercer, bless him.

Before my time here, but David Hunt was not the worst Welsh Secretary. UKIP did very well here in EP and Neston with a strong local candidate. Tories wheeled out a young woman from East Cheshire, no doubt as preparation for a future safe seat as she seemed pretty OK but the tory vote dipped a fair bit.

Sadly there are not many of the old school northern Tories left
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:06 - May 8 with 1132 viewsjackonicko

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 00:13 - May 8 by jackonicko

Especially as Cameron will use the lack of absolute majority to dodge the referendum. He'll claim no democratic mandate for it.

So, just a few hours later, it turns out Cameron can't use the lack of an absolute majority to dodge the referendum! What the f*ck does that jacko bloke know :)

So, unless we have some post election jiggery pokery, an EU referendum is coming soon. That is going to be fun.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:11 - May 8 with 1125 viewsmonmouth

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:06 - May 8 by jackonicko

So, just a few hours later, it turns out Cameron can't use the lack of an absolute majority to dodge the referendum! What the f*ck does that jacko bloke know :)

So, unless we have some post election jiggery pokery, an EU referendum is coming soon. That is going to be fun.

I haven't listened to his yappy yappy yet but I'd wager that he'll string his 'bastards' along and delay it until he's ready to bugger off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:18 - May 8 with 1119 viewsDr_Winston

Heard earlier that more people voted Yes to independence in the referendum that was lost convincingly than voted SNP yesterday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:21 - May 8 with 1112 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 16:18 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Heard earlier that more people voted Yes to independence in the referendum that was lost convincingly than voted SNP yesterday.

In percentage or absolute numeric terms? If it's the latter it's hardly surprising, the Scottish independence vote was a rare bright spot for people engaging in democracy.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024