Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall 13:39 - Jun 12 with 5679 viewsdale18

I'm just wondering have we ever played Millwall in our history?

I'm really looking forward to the away game down there and hoping it is the August bank holiday as already down in London that weekend.
Millwall on 13:46 - Jun 12 with 5655 viewszxcvbnm

8 league matches none since mid 60s

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Millwall on 14:16 - Jun 12 with 5567 viewsSuddenLad

Strange to say, that I was just looking at the Rochdale v Millwall programme, fixture played at Spotland - April 21 1964.

Sadly can't remember the score !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Millwall on 14:41 - Jun 12 with 5514 viewsBigKindo

Millwall on 14:16 - Jun 12 by SuddenLad

Strange to say, that I was just looking at the Rochdale v Millwall programme, fixture played at Spotland - April 21 1964.

Sadly can't remember the score !!

Lost 2 - 0 in front of 8031.On April 16 we drew 0 - 0 at their place in front of 15389.

pp TVOS
Millwall on 14:48 - Jun 12 with 5504 viewsSuddenLad

Millwall on 14:41 - Jun 12 by BigKindo

Lost 2 - 0 in front of 8031.On April 16 we drew 0 - 0 at their place in front of 15389.

pp TVOS

The 0-0 at The Den was only 5 days before the home fixture. That was a quick return !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Millwall on 15:17 - Jun 12 with 5461 viewsTVOS1907

pp TVOS

Have actually been doing some prep work for Millwall this week. I have copies of the match reports from our last two meetings with them, which I'll post sometime over the weekend.

Interestingly, when we first met in 1959, it was reported that two coach loads of Millwall fans were being given a tour of a mill in Castleton before having breakfast and then moving on to Spotland.

Anyway, details of all past meetings here:

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/rochdale/millwall/head-to-head

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Millwall on 15:35 - Jun 12 with 5392 viewsBobbyjoe

pp TVOS

On Good Friday afternoon. I happened to be on hols in Landon with parents. 2 older Dale-supporting friends took me to West Ham v West Brom in the morning (6-nil or 6-1), then Cold Blow Lane in the afternoon, if memory serves (it may not!).

PS Think it was 1965
Millwall on 20:56 - Jun 12 with 5169 viewspioneer

That home defeat, I think it was a rearranged midweek game, really put a spoke in our promotion chances. We had been up challenging for a top four spot most of the season (as were Millwall) and as has so often happened in our history (at least until recently) we couldn't 'do it' in the big game .
Millwall on 00:46 - Jun 14 with 4888 viewsDiddyDave

I can recall going up to Spotland to watch Dale play Millwall very early in the season. They beat us 1-0 and I think went on to win the fourth division. Did Alex Stepney play for them in that game,I think he did?
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall on 11:16 - Jun 14 with 4756 viewsmingthemerciless

According to my stats ' Dale played Millwall at home on Aug the 23rd in the 1961-62 season winning 4-1 ! That's the season Millwall went on to win the league. All the other games appear to have been later in the season. Alex Stepney didn't sign for Millwall until May 1963.
Millwall on 13:18 - Jun 14 with 4707 viewsrobshaker

i have fond memories of millwall at home last game of the 96-97 season winning 2-0 to win the 2nd division championship pushing stockport into 2nd place.
full house and hot day with q's all down Manchester rd to get in, carnival scenes inside the ground at f/t and most of the millwall fans staying behind to watch the presentation, ternent on the roof of the dugout and birds wearing tight denim shorts every which way you looked.
a magnificent day for a magnificent club. we won the league that day I SAY WE WON THE LEAGUE.. its a bit like winning a cup competition as you get a trophy u see.

"this famous old club"
Millwall on 13:20 - Jun 14 with 4704 viewsTVOS1907

Millwall on 13:18 - Jun 14 by robshaker

i have fond memories of millwall at home last game of the 96-97 season winning 2-0 to win the 2nd division championship pushing stockport into 2nd place.
full house and hot day with q's all down Manchester rd to get in, carnival scenes inside the ground at f/t and most of the millwall fans staying behind to watch the presentation, ternent on the roof of the dugout and birds wearing tight denim shorts every which way you looked.
a magnificent day for a magnificent club. we won the league that day I SAY WE WON THE LEAGUE.. its a bit like winning a cup competition as you get a trophy u see.

"this famous old club"

Bet your mattress got some hammer that night, rob.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Millwall on 13:36 - Jun 14 with 4685 viewsD_Alien

Millwall on 13:20 - Jun 14 by TVOS1907

Bet your mattress got some hammer that night, rob.

I bet he tried a pair of tight denim shorts on too...

[Post edited 14 Jun 2015 13:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Millwall on 22:23 - Jun 16 with 4373 viewsThacks_Rabbits

That famous old Rob Shaker look :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024