Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWANS SIGN EDER? 17:49 - Jun 26 with 29977 viewsPhil_S

Reports are coming through in Portugal that the Swans have secured the signature of Sporting Braga striker Eder for the sum of 7 million Euros

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39045
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 14:25 - Jun 28 with 4337 viewsThornburyswan

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 00:06 - Jun 28 by Braga01

the deal is done ;)

SSN saying pretty much the same now via Amy our usual SSN reporter
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 14:44 - Jun 28 with 4260 viewspremierjack

If eder was any good, he would have been in the premier league 5 years ago??? Clueless!!!!

That is the worse post I have seen on here for a long time!

Just so you know, there are a lot of players outside of the premier league that are pretty good. I can't be bothered to list them to you but I'm assuming that you think players like Schweinsteiger are not that good then??

He's older that eder and never played in the PL
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 14:53 - Jun 28 with 4211 viewsraynor94

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 13:32 - Jun 28 by Glyn1

I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious! It's an OK signing but nothing to get excited about. Is he a better player than Oliveira?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 13:36]

How do you know that? at least have decency to see how he settles in before making judgement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 14:56 - Jun 28 with 4193 viewsABERSWAN

Sky sports breaking news,saying swans have agreed a £5 million fee for Eder.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 15:38 - Jun 28 with 4061 viewsDaggyjack

Good signing. Back-up to Gomis I would guess.
I would think that the Swans probably were looking to sign a number 1 striker until Gomis found him scoring boots and stated that he wished to stay. Therefore, the need to spend big bucks on a striker diminished.
From what I have seen of him, Eder seems to be a striker who scores most in and around the six yard box, benefitting from good wing play.
A shrewd signing IMO which allows us to strengthen in other areas, whilst giving Gomis the confidence to see that he will be No.1 striker to begin the season with.
We now have Gomis, Eder and Ayew as the three choices of striker, so can't see us signing another one unless it's a young striker to go into the development squad.
Cannot see many more signings other than a CB (if Fernandez or Bartley leave) or a DM (if Ki leaves).
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 15:41]
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 15:54 - Jun 28 with 3989 viewsBorojack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 15:38 - Jun 28 by Daggyjack

Good signing. Back-up to Gomis I would guess.
I would think that the Swans probably were looking to sign a number 1 striker until Gomis found him scoring boots and stated that he wished to stay. Therefore, the need to spend big bucks on a striker diminished.
From what I have seen of him, Eder seems to be a striker who scores most in and around the six yard box, benefitting from good wing play.
A shrewd signing IMO which allows us to strengthen in other areas, whilst giving Gomis the confidence to see that he will be No.1 striker to begin the season with.
We now have Gomis, Eder and Ayew as the three choices of striker, so can't see us signing another one unless it's a young striker to go into the development squad.
Cannot see many more signings other than a CB (if Fernandez or Bartley leave) or a DM (if Ki leaves).
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 15:41]

Not convinced with this signing sorry.
His stats are not great.
213 appearances
49 goals over 9 years in an inferior league to the PL.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 16:29 - Jun 28 with 3889 viewsScoobyWho

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 14:44 - Jun 28 by premierjack

If eder was any good, he would have been in the premier league 5 years ago??? Clueless!!!!

That is the worse post I have seen on here for a long time!

Just so you know, there are a lot of players outside of the premier league that are pretty good. I can't be bothered to list them to you but I'm assuming that you think players like Schweinsteiger are not that good then??

He's older that eder and never played in the PL

If Bony was any good he would have been in the premier league before he signed for Swansea.
👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:18 - Jun 28 with 3734 viewsScoobyjack

A lot of Portuguese fans on Reddit think we are buying a dud
http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3be6jh/swansea_city_board_continue_quest
Login to get fewer ads

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:27 - Jun 28 with 3704 viewsDaggyjack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:18 - Jun 28 by Scoobyjack

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3be6jh/swansea_city_board_continue_quest

You must be reading a different thread to me. Some fans but not many (of rival clubs) may be slating him but on the whole, it's seems quite an honest assessment of him.
Let's be realistic, with Gomis now number 1 striker after his end of season form, we were never going to spend £15 million on a top top striker, play one up front and have one unhappy striker affecting morale.
For £5 million, we have an international striker as probable back-up, who has a record of 23 goals in 44 league starts for Braga.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:30 - Jun 28 with 3690 viewsJackSomething

I see BBC Sport are reporting we're in the market for another forward in addition to Eder. I'd be surprised, but it should make people happy if true.

We're doing a cracking job of getting our deals done early.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:33 - Jun 28 with 3675 viewseddie71

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 18:27 - Jun 28 by Daggyjack

You must be reading a different thread to me. Some fans but not many (of rival clubs) may be slating him but on the whole, it's seems quite an honest assessment of him.
Let's be realistic, with Gomis now number 1 striker after his end of season form, we were never going to spend £15 million on a top top striker, play one up front and have one unhappy striker affecting morale.
For £5 million, we have an international striker as probable back-up, who has a record of 23 goals in 44 league starts for Braga.

Yeah I think that's the key. His recent record is pretty good and he will be decent back up. 5mn is not a fortune bearing in mind the Sky money that is coming in. This can all be revisited next season if things dont work out. By that time Gomis will be 31 and Eder 29 so given our excellent planning I am sure we will be getting the cheque book out then.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:18 - Jun 28 with 3550 viewsmacthejack

I like what I'm reading there. Similar to opinions on Shelvey, Fabianski, Routledge, Naughton and other's who've come to us and they all turned out all right. It's the Swansea way.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:25 - Jun 28 with 3526 viewsBorojack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:18 - Jun 28 by macthejack

I like what I'm reading there. Similar to opinions on Shelvey, Fabianski, Routledge, Naughton and other's who've come to us and they all turned out all right. It's the Swansea way.

A ratio of 1 goal every 4 games in a poor League is not great no matter how we dress it up.
Hope I am wrong but now he is here need to get behind him and give him a chance.

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:32 - Jun 28 with 3504 viewsmagicdaps10

I think for 5m whether it 2nd choice or 3rd choice then we should be happy. Seems like a striker who needs confidence, works hard at closing down, quick, unselfish and has a very decent goal scoring record in the Portuguese league.................taking all that into account then i think we have done well for the price we paid.

Interesting to see that we are still looking for another striker, if reports are to be believed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:32 - Jun 28 with 3502 viewsmacthejack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:25 - Jun 28 by Borojack

A ratio of 1 goal every 4 games in a poor League is not great no matter how we dress it up.
Hope I am wrong but now he is here need to get behind him and give him a chance.

Lies damned lies and statistics springs to mind.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:58 - Jun 28 with 3434 viewsraynor94

Who would you have preferred we went after? Imo for the money we have spent we have good value, and you certainly can't call the top 8 in that league poor

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 3425 viewsmonmouth

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:32 - Jun 28 by macthejack

Lies damned lies and statistics springs to mind.

Nah, lets write him off, we have a premier league history of paying millions for a long line of absolute duds after all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 20:19 - Jun 28 with 3341 viewsDavillin

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:18 - Jun 28 by macthejack

Fully agree. You could add quite a few other names, too.

This is one of the best aspects of the Swansea Way -- to give a chance, and good coaching and "man-management" -- to players who struggled to find their best in previous clubs, and have them turn out to make very valuable contributions to Swansea success.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 21:57 - Jun 28 with 3189 viewsBorojack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 19:58 - Jun 28 by raynor94

Who would you have preferred we went after? Imo for the money we have spent we have good value, and you certainly can't call the top 8 in that league poor

Mitrovic would have been my first choice.
Rhodes or Deeney have good records all be it at Championship level.
And there prices were over inflated but I think any of those 3 would be an upgrade on this guy.
But would have cost a few million more but thats what money gets you.

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 22:03 - Jun 28 with 3158 viewsraynor94

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 21:57 - Jun 28 by Borojack

Mitrovic would have been my first choice.
Rhodes or Deeney have good records all be it at Championship level.
And there prices were over inflated but I think any of those 3 would be an upgrade on this guy.
But would have cost a few million more but thats what money gets you.

Yes agree about Mitrovitch, but it didn't work with Bony and Gomis, I can't see us doing that again, Deeney is to expensive, and have doubts Rhodes can do I t in the Premier, for 5 million a Portuguese international could turn out to be a bargain

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 22:08 - Jun 28 with 3154 viewsBorojack

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 22:03 - Jun 28 by raynor94

Yes agree about Mitrovitch, but it didn't work with Bony and Gomis, I can't see us doing that again, Deeney is to expensive, and have doubts Rhodes can do I t in the Premier, for 5 million a Portuguese international could turn out to be a bargain

I am not writing him off only ever seen him play a couple of games somebody at the club must rate him so fingers crossed he does well for us.

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 23:27 - Jun 28 with 2972 viewsgazza_1234

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 22:08 - Jun 28 by Borojack

I am not writing him off only ever seen him play a couple of games somebody at the club must rate him so fingers crossed he does well for us.

Hes been on our radar for 3 seasons at least. Swans Hierarchy now what he offers.
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 13:11 - Jun 29 with 2664 viewsDaggyjack

So Gomis' record of 7 in 32 league games for us (albeit in the PL) means he's not up to much either?? Course it doesn't.

A good read about the ability of Eder, admittedly back in 2013 but seems to possess the qualities that we are looking for.

http://sabotagetimes.com/#!/football/eder-why-arsenal-spurs-are-after-bragas-bea
SWANS SIGN EDER? on 17:31 - Jun 29 with 2280 viewsOldjack

Torries was a flop at Chelsea 50 million mind
sometimes they click and sometimes they don't ,5 mill could be a snip

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

SWANS SIGN EDER? on 17:35 - Jun 29 with 2251 viewsskippyjack

It's those dreadlocks!.. Jason Price.. Amankwah..Lawrence.. Bean..Scotland.. Dyer..Emnes.. Gomis.. Eder! Any others?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024