Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card 17:48 - Aug 10 with 9864 viewsMarryGonk

Cheeky b*stards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33855839

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 6893 viewslovejuicejack

Cry baby tw@tz
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:04 - Aug 10 with 6829 viewssomersetsimon

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:50 - Aug 10 by lovejuicejack

Cry baby tw@tz

Considering that our appeal against Fabianski's red card (v West Ham away) failed, I can't see that Chelsea have a chance. Fab's incident was much wider and further from goal, but was still confirmed as a red card.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:05 - Aug 10 with 6821 viewsjasper_T

They'll only overturn it if it was clearly and obviously a wrong decision. Any doubt and the decision stands.

Frivolous appeal. Extra game ban.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 6720 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:05 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

They'll only overturn it if it was clearly and obviously a wrong decision. Any doubt and the decision stands.

Frivolous appeal. Extra game ban.

The Mirror are doing a poll ad 80% say it is justified so far :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 6700 viewsMarryGonk

I really hope the ban is extended, top off a great few days

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:50 - Aug 10 with 6580 viewsBorojack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:16 - Aug 10 by MarryGonk

I really hope the ban is extended, top off a great few days

Both Jamie Redknapp and Henry thought the red was harsh.
I still think its a long shot that it will get overturned.
But the bigger clubs do tend to get more decisions go there way though so you never know.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:51 - Aug 10 with 6570 viewsperchrockjack

Big clubs intimidate.

Ferguson started this trend

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:53 - Aug 10 with 6557 viewsBorojack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:51 - Aug 10 by perchrockjack

Big clubs intimidate.

Ferguson started this trend

Yes thats what I was getting at the moaning one is good at that as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 6268 viewssherpajacob

Other than courtois, there was nobody between gomis and the goal.

If this gets overturned then the fa will be a laughing stock.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:29 - Aug 10 with 6227 viewswestside

last season cahill kicked kane in the back while he was on the floor and nothing done against cahill.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:42 - Aug 10 with 6130 viewsjack247

What confuses me about this rule, is that if Courtois brings him down with Cahill on the line, it's arguably not a clear goalscoring opportunity, but in the hypothetical situation that Gomis is through with only the keeper to beat and Cahill brings his down, its a clear red. Logically, it's much easier to score past an outfield player than a keeper. Can someone explain this?
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:45 - Aug 10 with 6119 viewssherpajacob

What are the fa going to do about Cahill elbowing ayew and costa diving and then showing dissent when Freddy clearly won the ball.

Last season I thought Michael Oliver was the best of the pl refs.

On Saturday he had three big decisions.
The penalty
The sending off
Costa's dive.

He got them all correct. Unfortunately most other decisions went chelsea's way and he fell for their diving and cheating in most cases.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:46 - Aug 10 with 6108 viewsScoobyWho

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:42 - Aug 10 by jack247

What confuses me about this rule, is that if Courtois brings him down with Cahill on the line, it's arguably not a clear goalscoring opportunity, but in the hypothetical situation that Gomis is through with only the keeper to beat and Cahill brings his down, its a clear red. Logically, it's much easier to score past an outfield player than a keeper. Can someone explain this?

Whilst the bigger clubs are allowed to appeal such obvious decisions with little or no come back explanations like the one you are looking for will never be clarified. Good point. Wasn't there a ref on here at one time ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:47 - Aug 10 with 6095 viewsSenhin

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:45 - Aug 10 by sherpajacob

What are the fa going to do about Cahill elbowing ayew and costa diving and then showing dissent when Freddy clearly won the ball.

The penalty
The sending off
Costa's dive.

He got them all correct. Unfortunately most other decisions went chelsea's way and he fell for their diving and cheating in most cases.

Pretty sure Costa didn't dive... I'm not saying it was a foul either. Fernandez won the ball first, but I thought he definitely took Costa down aswell?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:48 - Aug 10 with 6087 viewsJackSomething

Would they be appealing if their next game wasn't against Man City? The FA should absolutely slap on an additional game for a frivolous appeal if they want to discourage others from doing the same. Not that I think they will.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 22:16 - Aug 10 with 5986 viewsSwansNZ

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:48 - Aug 10 by JackSomething

Would they be appealing if their next game wasn't against Man City? The FA should absolutely slap on an additional game for a frivolous appeal if they want to discourage others from doing the same. Not that I think they will.

Any appeal that fails should automatically add an extra game ban.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 22:42 - Aug 10 with 5921 viewslidojack

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9944373/dermot-gallagher-reflects-o
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 23:29 - Aug 10 with 5847 viewsJonJack

It's utterly ridiculous that this is still being debated and appealed. Gomis is putting the ball into an empty net with Cahill two yards behind if Courtois does not foul him and if that isn't a goal scoring opportunity then I don't know what is.

I'll assume Chelsea will fail in their appeal but the damage is done again for all clubs outside the top four. Referees will again be reminded that any decision against the top 4 teams will be debated for days and days (even if they are correct) and they will just find it easier to give the decision in favour of the "big club" because after all who gives a toss a day or so later if something goes against "little old Swansea".

What would be great is if Courtois could be given an extra game ban to send a message to these big time charlies about appealing decisions but as others have said the FA don't have the balls. Let's hope they aren't completely stupid by rescinding the ban which would be damaging further for the rest of the league.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 00:06 - Aug 11 with 5791 viewsDull1Thomas

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:29 - Aug 10 by westside

last season cahill kicked kane in the back while he was on the floor and nothing done against cahill.

Tis season Cahill smashed Ayew in the face with his elbow directly in fronton the ref and nothing was done.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 01:25 - Aug 11 with 5703 viewsHumpty

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:45 - Aug 10 by sherpajacob

The penalty
The sending off
Costa's dive.

Correct.

I'm glad he got the major decisions right, but we can justifiably moan about many of the others.

Horrible side Chelsea. Falling over to win free kicks in basically every challenge. Shelvey get's booked but Costa doesn't? Pushing people, always leaving a little bit in, just enough to get a reaction, and acting like a f*cking baby every time he doesn't get a decision?

If I was a ref I'd book him in the tunnel before he starts.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 07:50 - Aug 11 with 5593 viewsswanduck

I thought Carragher explained most eloquently how/why it was a red card last night.

Will be stunned if the card gets overturned, amazed they've bothered appealing it.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 7:51]
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 08:38 - Aug 11 with 5531 viewsBournedore

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 22:42 - Aug 10 by lidojack

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9944373/dermot-gallagher-reflects-o

He's pointed out here what none of the pundits who questioned the red card thought about. They thought Cahill was covering, but that's only because Gomes was stopped in his tracks by the challenge. Had he not been and was allowed to go at full tilt past Courtois then Cahill would have been nowhere near covering. A joke if overturned...
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 08:47 - Aug 11 with 5509 viewsWarwickHunt

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 21:47 - Aug 10 by Senhin

Pretty sure Costa didn't dive... I'm not saying it was a foul either. Fernandez won the ball first, but I thought he definitely took Costa down aswell?

It was right in front of me - magnificent tackle. Played the ball and won it. Costa didn't dive but made a meal of it after.

How you make a sliding tackle without making contact is beyond me...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 8:52]
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 09:08 - Aug 11 with 5478 viewsjackal

Which one?
The stopping a goal opportunity or the kicking Gomis around thigh height?
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 09:09 - Aug 11 with 5477 viewsJackSomething

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 08:47 - Aug 11 by WarwickHunt

It was right in front of me - magnificent tackle. Played the ball and won it. Costa didn't dive but made a meal of it after.

How you make a sliding tackle without making contact is beyond me...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 8:52]

Exactly. On first viewing on the box I had my heart in my mouth. Having seen the replay from behind the goal (which would have been similar to the view you had), it was a perfect tackle.

The authorities could look at excessive complaints like Costa's and punish them, but they won't. It's bemusing that throwing the ball to the ground in anger over a decision is an automatic yellow card for dissent, but slapping your hands repeatedly on the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum is absolutely fine.

The football authorities obviously have no interest in tackling dissent in football for fear of derailing the gravy train. A gutless attitude which I'm sure Sunday league and youth football refs across the country curse them for on a daily basis.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024