Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chris ramsey/manager? 12:28 - Aug 16 with 10228 viewsthairanger

I am not going to make any negative comments.Please just leave answers to why this man is our manager.
chris ramsey/manager? on 17:13 - Aug 16 with 1751 viewsCamberleyR

chris ramsey/manager? on 16:00 - Aug 16 by W13R

Jesus SOG, I don't know you but you definitely fall in the half empty glass parade.
You would argue that we haven't spent enough money even if we had so I'm not sure you'll ever be happy with the goings on at rangers.

Spirit of Grim Death falls in the nothing in the glass parade.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

chris ramsey/manager? on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 1708 viewsQPR1882

chris ramsey/manager? on 16:09 - Aug 16 by Ranger78

It's more about resetting our bar and expectations to where they should be,

All the horrible 3 years of overspending in the Premiership did was raise our bar to levels where it should never have been and should never go again.

Seemingly, it's also raised the expectations of some fans to unrealistic levels.

We're QPR ... What do we expect!? We should never be paying contracts like some of the hideous ones over the last few seasons.

This is now our level. We need to rebuild with a mix of young hungry players and some older experienced players like Henry, Perch and Konchesky mixed in.

We're also not going to be attracting or paying for "superstar managers"
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 16:28]

What has it got to do with expectations and resetting bars ?

When we were shite and we all knew we were shite we all agreed Paul Hart was not the man for QPR it had nothing to do with expectations and resetting bars it was to do with him being not good at his job.

I don't see to many QPR fans with high expectations most would be more then happy with mid table while others are hoping we don't do a Wigan.

The reason i am not happy with Ramsey has nothing to do with expectations and resetting bars it's to do with him not being a good manager.
chris ramsey/manager? on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1677 viewspaulparker

chris ramsey/manager? on 13:44 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

The long term does arrive if you don't cry for a new manager every three months and have a proper football philosophy running through the club.

For any mid-size club to sustain itself as a Premier League team there has to be a proper long term plan as is the case for any business. Swansea, Southampton etc. didn't get where they are by chance.

Would this be the same Swansea, & southampton who sacked laudrup, pardew, Adkins as they wasn't performing to there standards and employed better coaches ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

chris ramsey/manager? on 17:57 - Aug 16 with 1659 viewsCamberleyR

chris ramsey/manager? on 17:46 - Aug 16 by paulparker

Would this be the same Swansea, & southampton who sacked laudrup, pardew, Adkins as they wasn't performing to there standards and employed better coaches ???

No denying they were sacked but the structure they have in place means that any new manager appointed can seamlessly pick up the reins.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

chris ramsey/manager? on 18:56 - Aug 16 with 1613 viewsRanger78

chris ramsey/manager? on 17:35 - Aug 16 by QPR1882

What has it got to do with expectations and resetting bars ?

When we were shite and we all knew we were shite we all agreed Paul Hart was not the man for QPR it had nothing to do with expectations and resetting bars it was to do with him being not good at his job.

I don't see to many QPR fans with high expectations most would be more then happy with mid table while others are hoping we don't do a Wigan.

The reason i am not happy with Ramsey has nothing to do with expectations and resetting bars it's to do with him not being a good manager.

That post was a reply to a specific post earlier in the thread :

"All I see is lowering the bar and expectations preparatory to a sale"

It wasn't just that particular post either, I get the feeling that lots are expecting way too much and jumping the gun after only 3 games in

I was trying to highlight that our current signings and manager are a true reflection of our position.

Fair enough on yours and anyone else's opinion on the manager but I'm not sure sure I agree with you regarding fans high expectations.

It seems to me there are lots of fans with very high expectations and visions of grandeur way above where QPR should be
chris ramsey/manager? on 19:14 - Aug 16 with 1580 viewsDeepcutHoop

Back at the start of the summer, when we were making the right moves and noises about a more sustainable way of doing things, and a long term plan, and getting back to the way Rangers used to at least attempt to run it's business, I said that the fans as a whole didn't have the bottle and would start demanding new managers and more money spent if it we didn't win the first few games.

Two games in is a surprise even to me. The fans reaction to the start of this season is by far the biggest disgrace so far.

We really have forgotten where we came from haven't we?
chris ramsey/manager? on 19:41 - Aug 16 with 1523 viewsTheBlob

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:14 - Aug 16 by DeepcutHoop

Back at the start of the summer, when we were making the right moves and noises about a more sustainable way of doing things, and a long term plan, and getting back to the way Rangers used to at least attempt to run it's business, I said that the fans as a whole didn't have the bottle and would start demanding new managers and more money spent if it we didn't win the first few games.

Two games in is a surprise even to me. The fans reaction to the start of this season is by far the biggest disgrace so far.

And where do you come from.The Planet Sanctimony by any chance?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:42 - Aug 16 with 1529 viewsDANRANGER

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:14 - Aug 16 by DeepcutHoop

Spot on. Ramsey will not be the man to take us up but he is the start and if he can reinstall a bit of stability and decent coaching of younger players whilst sustaining championship football then it is a start. This isn't a defeatist attitude it is just the realism of our situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i wasn't a big fan of Ramsey appointment but you have to see the bigger picture and give the new set up a chance.

I would add that those wanting Ramsey gone have not come up with a suggestion of a suitable replacement. It's easy to say get rid but for who exactly at this point? How embarrassing would it be for the club to make a change now? You don't have to like him but surely if you support the club and want it to succeed then where's the sense of being so negative. At least give him your support for 6 months if it's not too much to ask. Too many threads of this nature, do the haters not see any positives worth discussing or does it not sit comfortable to have these thoughts??
Login to get fewer ads

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:45 - Aug 16 with 1521 viewsDeepcutHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:41 - Aug 16 by TheBlob

And where do you come from.The Planet Sanctimony by any chance?

No, I'm a QPR fan, and have a memory that goes back back a lot further than the Briatore regime, and have a sense of perspective about this season and how hard it's going to be.

The QPR message-boards have been a shambles of childish, impatient foot stamping the last week or so.
chris ramsey/manager? on 19:48 - Aug 16 with 1494 viewsTheBlob

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:45 - Aug 16 by DeepcutHoop

No, I'm a QPR fan, and have a memory that goes back back a lot further than the Briatore regime, and have a sense of perspective about this season and how hard it's going to be.

The QPR message-boards have been a shambles of childish, impatient foot stamping the last week or so.

And no doubt you're just the person to sort us out right?Thank god you've arrived,pardon me for not tugging my forelock but I've just washed my hair.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 19:49]

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:51 - Aug 16 with 1499 viewsElHoop

Grow up man.

You are of course entitled to your view, but if others have a different view then maybe they will end up being right, or wrong, or neither. That's the actual point isn't it? You strike me as the sort who will claim that he is right even if Ramsey ends up revealing himself as not being good enough, because you gave him more time to do so.
chris ramsey/manager? on 19:58 - Aug 16 with 1473 viewsDeepcutHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:51 - Aug 16 by ElHoop

Grow up man.

You are of course entitled to your view, but if others have a different view then maybe they will end up being right, or wrong, or neither. That's the actual point isn't it? You strike me as the sort who will claim that he is right even if Ramsey ends up revealing himself as not being good enough, because you gave him more time to do so.

If it fails, it fails. If we start screaming for them to shut it all down and start again after 180 minutes, what's the point of trying anything different? We'll all just demand instant gratification from the new guy, and when that doesn't happen, we'll scream for another new guy. Like we've done for the last few years.

Two games is not the timescales you give a new team, let alone a whole new ethos.

I'm just bored of the whining. I get the irony of whining about it, but I'm sick of the impatience. I'm not expecting anyone to change, who the hell does on the internet. Everyone just shouts a bit louder.
chris ramsey/manager? on 20:01 - Aug 16 with 1450 viewsTheBlob

Finished?

chris ramsey/manager? on 20:03 - Aug 16 with 1456 viewspaulparker

Well done you for supporting QPR longer than 8 years

Just because some of us think Ransey is sh1t doesn't mean we are all prem footie brats
Who want fat Sam and Rangers to spend 50 million
As 1882 said paul hart was just as pony and he was found out and sacked
Infact Ransey tried to pull the same trick hart did against Forest by putting 10 men behind the ball
And taking off our best attacker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

chris ramsey/manager? on 20:05 - Aug 16 with 1455 viewsElHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 19:58 - Aug 16 by DeepcutHoop

If it fails, it fails. If we start screaming for them to shut it all down and start again after 180 minutes, what's the point of trying anything different? We'll all just demand instant gratification from the new guy, and when that doesn't happen, we'll scream for another new guy. Like we've done for the last few years.

Two games is not the timescales you give a new team, let alone a whole new ethos.

I'm just bored of the whining. I get the irony of whining about it, but I'm sick of the impatience. I'm not expecting anyone to change, who the hell does on the internet. Everyone just shouts a bit louder.

I don't think that it pays to belittle those who might want to express a view so soon in the season, especially when what's said and done by the manager is on the face of it a bit strange. If you tell people that they shouldn't do it then more than likely more will join them. I certainly don't want to see him sacked anytime soon but I can certainly see some negatives in how he is going about his job at the moment.
chris ramsey/manager? on 20:16 - Aug 16 with 1434 viewsDeepcutHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 20:05 - Aug 16 by ElHoop

I don't think that it pays to belittle those who might want to express a view so soon in the season, especially when what's said and done by the manager is on the face of it a bit strange. If you tell people that they shouldn't do it then more than likely more will join them. I certainly don't want to see him sacked anytime soon but I can certainly see some negatives in how he is going about his job at the moment.

That's what I meant about the internet, if people are going to double down on their opinion just because someone told them not to what does that say about them.

As I say, I don't expect anyone to change, and I hope the club have enough balls to stick to a long-term plan for once, even if it doesn't start as well as some want. It would be nice to try it just for once.
chris ramsey/manager? on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 1339 viewsElHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 20:16 - Aug 16 by DeepcutHoop

That's what I meant about the internet, if people are going to double down on their opinion just because someone told them not to what does that say about them.

As I say, I don't expect anyone to change, and I hope the club have enough balls to stick to a long-term plan for once, even if it doesn't start as well as some want. It would be nice to try it just for once.

You are missing the point. If you think that Ramsey is doing a good job in some respects then point out why you think that he is doing a good job. If you don't think that he is doing a good job but prefer to keep quiet about it then fine, but moaning about people who genuinely have some issues about what he is doing is just as bad as those who just want to keep sacking managers - it's not backed up by anything solid. That's why more people are speaking up - they don't want to be pushed into a corner.
chris ramsey/manager? on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 1304 viewsSuffolk

Some of you guys need to chill out and go and play Football League Manager on your games consoles. You will be able to knock one out once you win the league title with Accrington Stanley and feel justified in your belief that you are the pinnacle of football management.

Two games into the season with a squad yet to be finalised. Give it a rest.
chris ramsey/manager? on 22:23 - Aug 16 with 1291 viewsQPR1882

chris ramsey/manager? on 22:14 - Aug 16 by Suffolk

Some of you guys need to chill out and go and play Football League Manager on your games consoles. You will be able to knock one out once you win the league title with Accrington Stanley and feel justified in your belief that you are the pinnacle of football management.

Two games into the season with a squad yet to be finalised. Give it a rest.

Why does everyone keep going on about 2 games. Ramsey has been in charge at QPR for 20 games and has won only 4 ( 22% for you statos out there )

What i have noticed is pretty much the same ones who were standing by Harry until they saw the light are standing by Ramsey.

Ramsey is a great coach he is not a manager and i for one would have liked to seen a manager not a coach employed by the club after Harry.To late now revolving door does not always work, we made our bed we now have to lie in it.
chris ramsey/manager? on 22:43 - Aug 16 with 1273 viewsMvpeter

Can anyone provide any evidence that he's even a good coach?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

chris ramsey/manager? on 22:52 - Aug 16 with 1261 viewsRanger78

chris ramsey/manager? on 22:23 - Aug 16 by QPR1882

Why does everyone keep going on about 2 games. Ramsey has been in charge at QPR for 20 games and has won only 4 ( 22% for you statos out there )

What i have noticed is pretty much the same ones who were standing by Harry until they saw the light are standing by Ramsey.

Ramsey is a great coach he is not a manager and i for one would have liked to seen a manager not a coach employed by the club after Harry.To late now revolving door does not always work, we made our bed we now have to lie in it.

I'm prepared for last season to be ruled out. Our club was in an utter mess, littered with people who should never of darkened our doors.

This Season is a fresh start. This is Ramseys team, in a very challeniging operating model. that's why I talk about 3 games

For what its worth. I was one of Redknapps biggest critics, i hated that parasite and everything he represented. I was vocal about the doom he would bring to our club even before he got the job. For me personally, nothing could ever be as bad as Redknapp again .

In fact, hating Redknapp and everything he represented so much is exactly the reason I'm prepared to give Ramsey and the new direction we're heading in more of a chance, especially after 3 games of the season
chris ramsey/manager? on 22:53 - Aug 16 with 1259 viewsDeepcutHoop

chris ramsey/manager? on 21:54 - Aug 16 by ElHoop

You are missing the point. If you think that Ramsey is doing a good job in some respects then point out why you think that he is doing a good job. If you don't think that he is doing a good job but prefer to keep quiet about it then fine, but moaning about people who genuinely have some issues about what he is doing is just as bad as those who just want to keep sacking managers - it's not backed up by anything solid. That's why more people are speaking up - they don't want to be pushed into a corner.

I have not formed an opinion to whether Ramsay is doing a good job this season, it's barely started yet. The transfer window isn't closed yet, I don't know what he's going to have to work with yet.

There have been positives and negatives in the games so far. The results have not been great, but then again, I wasn't expecting them to be, nor was I expecting the squad to be playing as a coherent unit quite yet, (and that was before the shambolic pre-season left them all seriously behind in match sharpness.)

Why was anybody expecting more?

And no I wasn't a Harry fan. The season in the Championship we probably underperformed considering the money and talent he had at his disposal, and the fantastic play-off win should probably have been his last game in charge, though I absolutely understand why he got the chance at the Prem again.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 22:59]
chris ramsey/manager? on 22:54 - Aug 16 with 1254 viewsSuffolk

chris ramsey/manager? on 22:23 - Aug 16 by QPR1882

Alec Stock with Warnock and Venables on his coaching staff could not have kept that squad up. Who do you propose as Ramsey's replacement? Which top manager is going to take over this great club of ours in its Subbuteo stadium with its overdrawn bank account and its deluded fan base. Allardyce would surely grab at the chance knowing that all of the clubs top players are to be sold off and he could have the pick of the crop from the 1st division and Spurs 3rd eleven. Alex Ferguson could be tempted out of retirement at the thought of using our council training ground with the facilities that look like a porta cabin pumped up on steroids.

Lets get real. This season is about sorting out the mess of the last three seasons. We have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can't go out and buy a team of players that can be competitive in this league. The tables have turned and we are on the receiving end. The club is doing its best to restructure and Ramsey has been selected as a manager that is willing and hopefully able to operate on a small budget. He is here for the foreseeable future. Get behind him.
chris ramsey/manager? on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 1206 viewsQPR1882

chris ramsey/manager? on 22:54 - Aug 16 by Suffolk

Alec Stock with Warnock and Venables on his coaching staff could not have kept that squad up. Who do you propose as Ramsey's replacement? Which top manager is going to take over this great club of ours in its Subbuteo stadium with its overdrawn bank account and its deluded fan base. Allardyce would surely grab at the chance knowing that all of the clubs top players are to be sold off and he could have the pick of the crop from the 1st division and Spurs 3rd eleven. Alex Ferguson could be tempted out of retirement at the thought of using our council training ground with the facilities that look like a porta cabin pumped up on steroids.

Lets get real. This season is about sorting out the mess of the last three seasons. We have to cut our cloth accordingly. We can't go out and buy a team of players that can be competitive in this league. The tables have turned and we are on the receiving end. The club is doing its best to restructure and Ramsey has been selected as a manager that is willing and hopefully able to operate on a small budget. He is here for the foreseeable future. Get behind him.

Who do you propose as Ramsey's replacement?

Did yo not read my post ? i am not proposing a replacement i am saying i am not happy with what we have. It is to late now ( as i said ) the revolving door does not work ( as i said ) we made or bed etc etc ( as i said ) should have appointed a manager not a coach after Harry ( as i said ).

And the squad we had WERE good enough to have stayed up last year without past great managers . There were 3 teams who had imo worst squads then us that got a new manager in ( not a coach ) and stayed up.
chris ramsey/manager? on 23:36 - Aug 16 with 1181 viewsSuffolk

chris ramsey/manager? on 23:15 - Aug 16 by QPR1882

Who do you propose as Ramsey's replacement?

Did yo not read my post ? i am not proposing a replacement i am saying i am not happy with what we have. It is to late now ( as i said ) the revolving door does not work ( as i said ) we made or bed etc etc ( as i said ) should have appointed a manager not a coach after Harry ( as i said ).

And the squad we had WERE good enough to have stayed up last year without past great managers . There were 3 teams who had imo worst squads then us that got a new manager in ( not a coach ) and stayed up.

What did you say again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024