Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? 17:02 - Aug 24 with 5197 viewsjackharris

Once again I feel the club's alleged commercial department have failed to sell/advertise our game v York City! There will again be extremely big queues tomorrow! Even with the match day price rise! Yes, the clever ones out of us (with years of experience) who are going, have got our tickets, we know their flaws! But the newbies that we want to encourage do not!

I believe that ticket sales would have been at least 50% more with a bit of work...

As I stated in a previous thread prices should have been £10 adults, £5 concessions and kids for a quid! I fully understand that York City have to agree the prices but we could have nullified that by offering the monetary difference!

Ticket should have been sold around South Wales.

The Evening Post (forgive me if they did) should have a whole page advertisement for the game! Has it been advertised on the Wave?

It's still the school holidays but local league football clubs could have been offered to purchase tickets!

As someone mentioned, will their be ticket booths around the ground? Like they did when we were in the Championship?

This is like Groundhog Day with last years Rotherham match! Where people were getting to a South stand seat throughout the first half!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 18:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Simply Pathetic! on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 3847 viewsJackattack

Why will there be big queues if, as you suggest, nobody knows about the game because of poor advertising?
Simply Pathetic! on 17:26 - Aug 24 with 3757 viewsxmastree

yawn
Simply Pathetic! on 17:28 - Aug 24 with 3774 viewsjackharris

Simply Pathetic! on 17:10 - Aug 24 by Jackattack

Why will there be big queues if, as you suggest, nobody knows about the game because of poor advertising?

They would know there is a game but they would not perhaps know about the pricing structure of purchasing the day before the match! And how cheap it is!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Simply Pathetic! on 18:01 - Aug 24 with 3647 viewsJackanapes

Simply pathetic thread entitled "Simply pathetic!" ....must be fattening.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Simply Pathetic! on 18:11 - Aug 24 with 3606 viewsjasper_T

Thought you were going to say they've hired that Nev Wilshire twonk again.
Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 18:39 - Aug 24 with 3482 viewsjackharris

Even mystic Phil is thinking ahead, he has the game down to be starting at 8pm tomorrow! Queues I tell you!

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:02 - Aug 24 with 3419 viewsswans11

South and North not open. If they are expecting walk up why not have pay gate south stand unreserved seating like the old days wht do we need to.print a ticket
Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:04 - Aug 24 with 3398 viewsMillie

£2 for kids is reasonable although £1 would have been better

I have to say that I think the CRM has gone into over drive on this game, I must have been told about it 4/5 times, that, with everything else they are trying to flog has the opposite effect on me, I tend to delete without looking as it's becoming like junk mail, word to the wise Mr Dineen, bombarding people doesn't work, strategic marketing does.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the Commercial Department on 19:09 - Aug 24 with 3379 viewsjackharris

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:02 - Aug 24 by swans11

South and North not open. If they are expecting walk up why not have pay gate south stand unreserved seating like the old days wht do we need to.print a ticket

Those were the days, paying on the turnstile! Would be fab! The could have done that for the North East Corner! Plenty of seats there still for this match! £10/5 cash no change! Get a couple of the ticket office staff to man the turnstile! And sit anywhere from the North Stand middle upper tier fencing around to the East stand!

Sounds Great! Never going to happen!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2015 19:22]

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:12 - Aug 24 with 3369 viewsjackharris

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:04 - Aug 24 by Millie

I have to say that I think the CRM has gone into over drive on this game, I must have been told about it 4/5 times, that, with everything else they are trying to flog has the opposite effect on me, I tend to delete without looking as it's becoming like junk mail, word to the wise Mr Dineen, bombarding people doesn't work, strategic marketing does.

Yes they tend to bombard those who are already converts! They need to take their missionary work into the unknown!

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:36 - Aug 24 with 3308 viewsMillie

Is kick off 7:45?
Have the Commercial Department on 19:45 - Aug 24 with 3272 viewsFlashberryjack

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:04 - Aug 24 by Millie

"Bombarding people with advertising" Yeah!! I know.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2015 12:06]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:46 - Aug 24 with 3270 viewsjackharris

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 19:36 - Aug 24 by Millie

Is kick off 7:45?

Yes 7.45!

Have the Commercial Department on 05:13 - Aug 25 with 3035 viewsjackharris

These were pictures were shared by Reporter Chris Wathan last year prior to the Rotherham game, on Twitter!

The club stated last season that they weren't expecting nearly 5,000 tickets to be purchased on the match day! Let's see what happens later! Booths ready? Increased price might maybe lower demand? Wet afternoon may put people off? We shall see?

Have the Commercial Department on 08:51 - Aug 25 with 2885 viewsJackSomething

Have the Commercial Department on 05:13 - Aug 25 by jackharris

These were pictures were shared by Reporter Chris Wathan last year prior to the Rotherham game, on Twitter!

The club stated last season that they weren't expecting nearly 5,000 tickets to be purchased on the match day! Let's see what happens later! Booths ready? Increased price might maybe lower demand? Wet afternoon may put people off? We shall see?

If there isn't a plan in place to cope with demand like the Rotherham game, then someone in the commercial department needs shooting. Not for the first time.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Have the Commercial Department on 09:34 - Aug 25 with 2841 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Have the Commercial Department on 08:51 - Aug 25 by JackSomething

If there isn't a plan in place to cope with demand like the Rotherham game, then someone in the commercial department needs shooting. Not for the first time.

You've got to blame the supporters also ,
There's been plenty of time to get tickets , some people are dull as f@@k .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 09:44 - Aug 25 with 2822 viewsCliffTop

Plenty of time to get tickets and you can print at home. Anybody in a queue that misses kick off has nobody to blame but themselves. The club keep repeating themselves about this and can't do much more.

York City get a cut so ticket prices are more than fair, costs less than £30 for tickets for two adults and two children.
Have the Commercial Department on 09:58 - Aug 25 with 2800 viewsLeonisGod

Have the Commercial Department on 09:34 - Aug 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

couldn't agree more.

£16 quid for me and the lad to watch a competitive game, tickets bought in about 3 minutes online. Seems like a bargain and straightforward process to me. Wouldn't mind a stretched limo pick-up though if the club could get off their arses to sort that out for me
Have the Commercial Department on 09:59 - Aug 25 with 2793 viewsJackSomething

Have the Commercial Department on 09:34 - Aug 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

I don't disagree with you and I give the club credit for trying to encourage as many people to buy in advance as possible. But at the end of the day, it's a business and they know a proportion of their customers want to buy their ticket on the day/evening of the game. Surely they also want to encourage people who tend to make a last-minute decision on whether to come? It's more money in the coffers and more bums on seats after all.

The ticket office is far too small and we all know that. It's not going to get extended anytime soon, so the club need to be looking at alternatives. Some have been mentioned in this thread and others over the last few days.

Anyone in charge of any department in any professional business would be asked questions by their bosses after the scenes at the Rotherham game last year, especially with it being reported in the press. They would be told to ensure such scenes are not repeated in the future. Pushing people to buy in advance was one tactic, surely they'll have some other plans in place for tonight? To not do so would be incompetence on a grand scale and that's not good enough for a club in their 5th year in the Premier League. I'm hopeful that it will all go smoothly tonight and I'll be the first to applaud them if so.

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:12 - Aug 25 with 2764 viewsjasper_T

I wonder how many of these issues are down to the stadium being run by a separate company, instead of the club directly.
Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:15 - Aug 25 with 2761 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to me that far too often, the club try to make the fans do what's convenient for them, not what best suits the supporters.

People don't particularly want to make a trip to the ground a couple of days beforehand to buy tickets. They don't particularly like having to pay extra when buying online, or even to print their own off at home.

Make it easier to purchase tickets on the night. Stop charging extra for those who do. It's not complicated.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Have the Commercial Department on 10:15 - Aug 25 with 2759 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Have the Commercial Department on 09:59 - Aug 25 by JackSomething

I don't disagree with you and I give the club credit for trying to encourage as many people to buy in advance as possible. But at the end of the day, it's a business and they know a proportion of their customers want to buy their ticket on the day/evening of the game. Surely they also want to encourage people who tend to make a last-minute decision on whether to come? It's more money in the coffers and more bums on seats after all.

The ticket office is far too small and we all know that. It's not going to get extended anytime soon, so the club need to be looking at alternatives. Some have been mentioned in this thread and others over the last few days.

Anyone in charge of any department in any professional business would be asked questions by their bosses after the scenes at the Rotherham game last year, especially with it being reported in the press. They would be told to ensure such scenes are not repeated in the future. Pushing people to buy in advance was one tactic, surely they'll have some other plans in place for tonight? To not do so would be incompetence on a grand scale and that's not good enough for a club in their 5th year in the Premier League. I'm hopeful that it will all go smoothly tonight and I'll be the first to applaud them if so.

Yes indeed

It took me 15 minutes to get in the ground against Newcastle , while other turnstiles were empty ,things are still not the best .

People have had enough time to realise walk in crowds will involve queuing for a long time.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:22 - Aug 25 with 2741 viewsJackSomething

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:12 - Aug 25 by jasper_T

I wonder how many of these issues are down to the stadium being run by a separate company, instead of the club directly.

A very good question.

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 12:12 - Aug 25 with 2611 viewsFlashberryjack

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:15 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

Seems to me that far too often, the club try to make the fans do what's convenient for them, not what best suits the supporters.

People don't particularly want to make a trip to the ground a couple of days beforehand to buy tickets. They don't particularly like having to pay extra when buying online, or even to print their own off at home.

Make it easier to purchase tickets on the night. Stop charging extra for those who do. It's not complicated.

Far to much common sense in that post......something that's in short supply in the commercial dept.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 12:17 - Aug 25 with 2600 viewsbuilthjack

Have the Commercial Department "Earned One's Corn" for the York Match? on 10:15 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

Good post. Hope there's lots of people at tonight's game who aren't normally ably to get tickets. But if a one hour queue is in place, it's likely they won't be back.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024