Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third game in a row without scoring 22:16 - Sep 22 with 4877 viewsJacandme

Not clicking at the moment, very frustrating. We are becoming very predictable.
Third game in a row without scoring on 22:26 - Sep 22 with 4007 viewsNeathJack

I wouldn't say we're predictable when we're creating as many chances as we did tonight.
Third game in a row without scoring on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 3976 viewsJacandme

We will always create chances against lower league opposition. But our play is still very predictable, too predictable.
Third game in a row without scoring on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 3972 viewsyescomeon

I'll take the blame for this, I've not watched the last 3 games due to work but I should be watching the match Saturday so with my support we should get back to winning ways.

Upthecity!

Third game in a row without scoring on 09:49 - Sep 23 with 3679 viewsChief

Third game in a row without scoring on 22:26 - Sep 22 by NeathJack

I wouldn't say we're predictable when we're creating as many chances as we did tonight.

This.

Last night highlighted a problem which we have had for a long while and that is not putting teams to the sword when we are battering them and not being clinical enough.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Third game in a row without scoring on 09:58 - Sep 23 with 3665 viewsLeonisGod

Third game in a row without scoring on 09:49 - Sep 23 by Chief

This.

Last night highlighted a problem which we have had for a long while and that is not putting teams to the sword when we are battering them and not being clinical enough.

We haven't really had a free scoring winger or midfielder since Sinclair have we. Siggy started last season brilliantly with a few goals and assists. Dyer and Ki chipped in too. But so far haven't all goals in the league come from just Bafe and Ayew? From what I saw on Saturday Bafe was isolated - we seemed to urgent to get the ball to him at times - Siggy especially quick to try flick-ons etc.
Third game in a row without scoring on 10:04 - Sep 23 with 3655 viewsBloodyhills

I think our general play is fine and we are creating plenty of clear chances but we lack composure and also somebody needs to explain the offside rules to Gomis.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Third game in a row without scoring on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 3632 viewsLeonisGod

Third game in a row without scoring on 10:04 - Sep 23 by Bloodyhills

I think our general play is fine and we are creating plenty of clear chances but we lack composure and also somebody needs to explain the offside rules to Gomis.

Would make any difference. Gomis is a dude and he's not going to rush back onside for anyone.
Third game in a row without scoring on 10:47 - Sep 23 with 3590 viewsjack247

We changed our entire team last night, makes it pretty hard to click.

I couldn't get a stream last night, but the only game I have thought we were under par in was Watford. We were unlucky not to bury Sunderland and Everton played very well.
Login to get fewer ads

Third game in a row without scoring on 11:11 - Sep 23 with 3561 viewsicecoldjack

No point reading too much into things until we are 10 games into the season IMO .

Southampton will be a close examination though, i expect us to play it tight and hit on the break , roll on saturday !
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:10 - Sep 23 with 3470 viewsTrundle10

Third game in a row without scoring on 10:47 - Sep 23 by jack247

I couldn't get a stream last night, but the only game I have thought we were under par in was Watford. We were unlucky not to bury Sunderland and Everton played very well.

So did Hull Tigers
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 3469 viewsLeonisGod

Third game in a row without scoring on 10:47 - Sep 23 by jack247

Sounds like we played well in the first half last night. I didn't go either but the feedback is generally that we played some good stuff and created a hatful of chances - so sounds pretty good from our reserves apart from scoring. Oh well, can concentrate on the league for a bit.
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:31 - Sep 23 with 3444 viewsjack247

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:10 - Sep 23 by Trundle10

So did Hull Tigers

That isn't the point.

Not clicking last night is due to the players not having game time together. Not the quality or cohesiveness of the opposition.
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:34 - Sep 23 with 3440 viewsTrundle10

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:31 - Sep 23 by jack247

That isn't the point.

Not clicking last night is due to the players not having game time together. Not the quality or cohesiveness of the opposition.

But Hull were in the same boat?
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:35 - Sep 23 with 3435 viewsshandyjack

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:34 - Sep 23 by Trundle10

do they rotate more each game though meaning more of their players were match fit? i'm just speculating but this could be an issue

Poll: Expectation for the season

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:37 - Sep 23 with 3432 viewsTrundle10

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:35 - Sep 23 by shandyjack

do they rotate more each game though meaning more of their players were match fit? i'm just speculating but this could be an issue

Dunno, just making the point. The fact is that our players missed a hatful of chances, just one of those things. I would be more down had we not created them.
Third game in a row without scoring on 13:40 - Sep 23 with 3427 viewsshandyjack

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:37 - Sep 23 by Trundle10

Dunno, just making the point. The fact is that our players missed a hatful of chances, just one of those things. I would be more down had we not created them.

agreed, event the Watford game we created chances. We are not clinical enough in games when we are on top and has been a failing of ours for a few seasons.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Third game in a row without scoring on 21:34 - Sep 23 with 3269 viewsjack247

Third game in a row without scoring on 13:34 - Sep 23 by Trundle10

Yes I know, it may well have been that Hulls players didnt gel either. Even Steve Bruce said they were lucky to get away with the win.

As I said in the last post, it's hardly surprising that players that hardly ever play competitive games together don't click. Whether Hulls players are a lower standard, or also hardly played together is immaterial. You don't click just because the opposition haven't played much together either.
Third game in a row without scoring on 21:58 - Sep 23 with 3236 viewsattila_the_hun

no goals in three games yet we don't need our GREATEST ever scorer

The genius of Monk

"I'm Free"

Third game in a row without scoring on 21:59 - Sep 23 with 3234 viewsTrundle10

Third game in a row without scoring on 21:34 - Sep 23 by jack247

Yes I know, it may well have been that Hulls players didnt gel either. Even Steve Bruce said they were lucky to get away with the win.

As I said in the last post, it's hardly surprising that players that hardly ever play competitive games together don't click. Whether Hulls players are a lower standard, or also hardly played together is immaterial. You don't click just because the opposition haven't played much together either.

Just unlucky/poor in front if goal. Had loads of chances which we did not convert. Kind of answers your point. I think. whatever that may be?
Third game in a row without scoring on 22:01 - Sep 23 with 3232 viewsLeonisGod

Third game in a row without scoring on 09:49 - Sep 23 by Chief

This.

We're not the only ones. Liverpool tonight have had 38 shots to Carlisle's 3 - score 1-1 as it stands
Third game in a row without scoring on 22:04 - Sep 23 with 3227 viewsLeonisGod

Third game in a row without scoring on 21:58 - Sep 23 by attila_the_hun

no goals in three games yet we don't need our GREATEST ever scorer

The genius of Monk

What's it got to do with Garry given that he wasn't in charge when Michu got injured and Michu has never recovered from that?
Third game in a row without scoring on 07:15 - Sep 24 with 3157 viewsjack247

Third game in a row without scoring on 21:59 - Sep 23 by Trundle10

Just unlucky/poor in front if goal. Had loads of chances which we did not convert. Kind of answers your point. I think. whatever that may be?

This seems to be your problem Trunds, you seem to have a habit of answering posts without working out what the point of them was first.

I agree, we were most likely just unlucky/wasteful with our chances, I didn't see the game, only the live highlights on SSN but Steve Bruce more or less said that himself.

Someone said earlier in this thread that we didn't click, I said that was because the side we put out had not had much competitive game time together. Again, the fact that Hull also played their reserves, who also probably had not had much game time and are not as good as our reserves is irrelevant as to why our players did not click.

I didn't say Hull were better than us, created more chances, clicked themselves, deserved to win or anything else. I just offered an explanation as to why, in my mind, a team that weren't used to playing together didn't click.
Third game in a row without scoring on 10:59 - Sep 24 with 3091 viewsTrundle10

Third game in a row without scoring on 07:15 - Sep 24 by jack247

This seems to be your problem Trunds, you seem to have a habit of answering posts without working out what the point of them was first.

I agree, we were most likely just unlucky/wasteful with our chances, I didn't see the game, only the live highlights on SSN but Steve Bruce more or less said that himself.

Someone said earlier in this thread that we didn't click, I said that was because the side we put out had not had much competitive game time together. Again, the fact that Hull also played their reserves, who also probably had not had much game time and are not as good as our reserves is irrelevant as to why our players did not click.

I didn't say Hull were better than us, created more chances, clicked themselves, deserved to win or anything else. I just offered an explanation as to why, in my mind, a team that weren't used to playing together didn't click.

This seems to be your problem 247. You seem to have a habit of answering posts and then contradicting your good self.

You are reading too much into this. We had a collective off day in front of goal. It happens. If we did not click we would not be creating chances.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 11:38]
Third game in a row without scoring on 12:32 - Sep 24 with 3026 viewsjack247

Third game in a row without scoring on 10:59 - Sep 24 by Trundle10

This seems to be your problem 247. You seem to have a habit of answering posts and then contradicting your good self.

You are reading too much into this. We had a collective off day in front of goal. It happens. If we did not click we would not be creating chances.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2015 11:38]

If the players we had out on Tuesday had clicked, we would have beaten Hulls reserves with me up front.

I'm not sure where I have contradicted myself. Disagreed with you yes, but that isn't the same thing.

Probably not much point in getting into a 6 pager on a league cup defeat though.
Third game in a row without scoring on 15:07 - Sep 24 with 2977 viewsOldjack

Woeful finishing too say the least

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024