Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Expansion 17:55 - Dec 4 with 5764 viewsLandore_Jack

On hold.

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Liberty-expansion-plan-hold-say-Swans/stor

#backtojack

Stadium Expansion on 20:18 - Dec 4 with 1687 viewsicecoldjack

Speaking as someone who sometimes suffers a bit with the ticket situation, i'd prefer the club to be moving on if it can afford it plain and simple.

If we don't have the money for then thats fine. I suspect there are plenty of cold feet with the the way the team is playing anyway, putting it on hold is the best thing at the moment.

As much as i think an extra 5,000 seats would be perfect , i would rather the club remains financially strong enough to be able to compete if relegation happens. Stadium expansion is a gamble not worth taking at this point in time..i never thought i would say that , but hey ho !
Stadium Expansion on 20:22 - Dec 4 with 1683 viewsJackofdreambeach

God knows what has happened (or not happened) here .

It's another side show with negative vibes that Swans could do without.

One day our council will wake up and smell the coffee regarding regeneration.If there's a slow sluglike regeneration path to be found then Swansea council appear to land on it each time.

Three points tomorrow will be a tonic all round. Be good to read of winning football once again.
Stadium Expansion on 20:24 - Dec 4 with 1677 viewsmax936

Stadium Expansion on 19:47 - Dec 4 by marchamjack

Not a fan of us buying the stadium at all, but disappointed certainly that the expansion seems more and more a pipe dream, hindered by the graveyard of ambition of the Council

Fully understand the Council requiring best value out of any sale of the stadium, but the fact is, there's only one buyer in town, the Swans. This isn't a sale to the highest bidder in the market, there is no-one else out there to buy the stadium. Surely coming up with a deal, which is bound to be below open market value (but with no other takers out there realistically), could work for the Council if they're looking to offload the stadium and assist one of the City's biggest assets, certainly on an international, tv stage, the Swans. The club grows, the City grows.

Council too dim to see it.

I can't imagine Cardiff City Council putting stumbling blocks in the Blue Turds way, typical of Swansea City Council, that's why the City Centre is like it is, the Council are a complete and utter blunder bus. You've only got to walk along the foreshore to see that, how many Councils would build a monstrosity like the County Hall on prime tourist land ffs.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 20:24]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium Expansion on 20:46 - Dec 4 with 1623 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium Expansion on 19:50 - Dec 4 by jasper_T

Not sure what to make of the announced profit as they changed the financial year. Looks like they've got 14 months of operating costs compared against one year of Premier League income.

Can't do that.

The income period and the costs period will be identical.
Stadium Expansion on 20:48 - Dec 4 with 1613 viewsNeathJack

Stadium Expansion on 20:46 - Dec 4 by londonlisa2001

Can't do that.

The income period and the costs period will be identical.

True, but there's very little income I would imagine for the club in June & July while the wages still go out?
Stadium Expansion on 21:09 - Dec 4 with 1571 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium Expansion on 20:48 - Dec 4 by NeathJack

True, but there's very little income I would imagine for the club in June & July while the wages still go out?

Yeah - but that evens out in every set of accounts.

The TV income for the year should be accounted for over the year not when the cash is received (the bit that is only earned on finishing position will be accounted for when it is earned but not the guaranteed amount).
Stadium Expansion on 21:15 - Dec 4 with 1562 viewsNeathJack

Stadium Expansion on 21:09 - Dec 4 by londonlisa2001

Yeah - but that evens out in every set of accounts.

The TV income for the year should be accounted for over the year not when the cash is received (the bit that is only earned on finishing position will be accounted for when it is earned but not the guaranteed amount).

The tv money is paid in installments though, rather than monthly.

Is it not possible that these extra 2 months saw no credit in terms of tv installments but would have included outgoings of 2 months wages (at probably around the £16m mark at a guess)?

It's also entirely conceivable that I'm talking utter bunkum.
Stadium Expansion on 21:23 - Dec 4 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

Stadium Expansion on 21:15 - Dec 4 by NeathJack

The tv money is paid in installments though, rather than monthly.

Is it not possible that these extra 2 months saw no credit in terms of tv installments but would have included outgoings of 2 months wages (at probably around the £16m mark at a guess)?

It's also entirely conceivable that I'm talking utter bunkum.

It doesn't matter for accounts when money is paid, it matters when it is earned.

So if you have, say £120m guaranteed for a year, irrespective of when it's paid, you would include £10m a month (only chose that figure to make it easy for me for the maths!!) Any bit that was earned but not yet received from the TV people, would be shown as a debtor in your accounts rather than cash.

The bit you wouldn't include is the bonus amount that you only receive when you know your league position - you would account for that once it's earned, rather than spread it over the year.

So by changing the year end, you will have some discrepancy (because of bonus payments etc, which will be why they've changed it) but that will catch up anyway in the next set of accounts. It's just accounting stuff - doesn't really matter to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Expansion on 21:55 - Dec 4 with 1469 viewswaynekerr55

Question is...

How much in dividends were paid?

Also, £16m operating loss... That must have alarm bells ringing?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Stadium Expansion on 21:57 - Dec 4 with 1468 viewstomdickharry

Stadium Expansion will not happen without outside investment or long term finance is in place,if then not for many seasons.
Stadium Expansion on 22:04 - Dec 4 with 1448 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

My source in Korea told me a major sponser pulled out recently .
Shame
But theirs plenty more waiting.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Stadium Expansion on 00:12 - Dec 5 with 1331 viewsmax936

Stadium Expansion on 22:04 - Dec 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

My source in Korea told me a major sponser pulled out recently .
Shame
But theirs plenty more waiting.

Why did they pull out Tommy, did your source say?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stadium Expansion on 00:17 - Dec 5 with 1326 viewsawayjack

The ongoing delays suggest expansion is not a big priority for the Board. I'm sure we'll expand to get new fans etc.. but in reality it's more likely to more of our 50+ age group to pay for expansion (deposit scheme etc..) than the next generation (under 25's?) we need to improve atmosphere?
Stadium Expansion on 00:33 - Dec 5 with 1307 viewsowainglyndwr

Stadium Expansion on 20:24 - Dec 4 by max936

I can't imagine Cardiff City Council putting stumbling blocks in the Blue Turds way, typical of Swansea City Council, that's why the City Centre is like it is, the Council are a complete and utter blunder bus. You've only got to walk along the foreshore to see that, how many Councils would build a monstrosity like the County Hall on prime tourist land ffs.

Cardiff City council give the club 5m of land for F All
Stadium Expansion on 06:48 - Dec 5 with 1244 viewsdgt73

Stadium Expansion on 20:22 - Dec 4 by Jackofdreambeach

God knows what has happened (or not happened) here .

It's another side show with negative vibes that Swans could do without.

One day our council will wake up and smell the coffee regarding regeneration.If there's a slow sluglike regeneration path to be found then Swansea council appear to land on it each time.

Three points tomorrow will be a tonic all round. Be good to read of winning football once again.

I agree. The council have a legal duty to get the best deal possible they say, which is fair enough, but in saying that surely the best deal for the tax payers of Swansea is the club remaining in the PL. I'd have thought the council would be bending over backwards to help the club ( without breaking laws) instead they seem to be putting up barriers.
Talk about can't see past their noses.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Stadium Expansion on 08:04 - Dec 5 with 1189 viewsClinton

Stadium Expansion on 21:55 - Dec 4 by waynekerr55

Question is...

That's the bit that surprised me.
There won't be much from player sales in the current financial year as far as I can see, so presumbly there will be a loss at the end of the current financial year.
Need to keep an eye on wages methinks.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Stadium Expansion on 08:18 - Dec 5 with 1174 viewstrampie

Stadium Expansion on 08:04 - Dec 5 by Clinton

That's the bit that surprised me.
There won't be much from player sales in the current financial year as far as I can see, so presumbly there will be a loss at the end of the current financial year.
Need to keep an eye on wages methinks.

Yip.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stadium Expansion on 08:28 - Dec 5 with 1161 viewsymaohyd

Stadium Expansion on 18:11 - Dec 4 by 3swan

IMO and I posted a few weeks back in a thread about the expansion. It is our league position etc that makes the decision

I was told the other week that everything is on hold - Fairwood etc. Doubt very much if the board are holding back financially on youth and training facilities that they are going to continue with expansion plans.

It puts it into perspective how the perceived multi millions that are available in the PL are tied up in increased wages etc.

But we'll done as ever the board for showing that they continue to run the club with a safe pair of hands.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Stadium Expansion on 08:38 - Dec 5 with 1150 viewsjojaca

Stadium Expansion on 08:18 - Dec 5 by trampie

Yip.

A profit is a profit, the board are still running the club well. I think we have already lost a chunk of new fans because novelty is starting wearing off being in the premiership and like some of my friends, I have given up purchasing tickets because of rejection over last five seasons and bought season tickets to rugby teams and lower league football teams and now stop following Swans. Despite Darren saying "F**k him", we still need to attract fans, who are not yet converted. One new fan attending, is potentially opening up a family tree of fans.

Even when you know, you never know?

Stadium Expansion on 08:58 - Dec 5 with 1123 viewsmonmouth

Stadium Expansion on 08:38 - Dec 5 by jojaca

A profit is a profit, the board are still running the club well. I think we have already lost a chunk of new fans because novelty is starting wearing off being in the premiership and like some of my friends, I have given up purchasing tickets because of rejection over last five seasons and bought season tickets to rugby teams and lower league football teams and now stop following Swans. Despite Darren saying "F**k him", we still need to attract fans, who are not yet converted. One new fan attending, is potentially opening up a family tree of fans.

Actually a profit is just an accounting invention, that can be manipulated a fair old way within regulations. As Lisa said, often as low as possible for tax (and dividend...) purposes. RBS "made" profits of over 7 Billion for 2008 and 6 months later were finished. Cashflow is more important.

How worrying operating losses are depends on the cause. If it's, say, early upfront amortisation of player assets or discretionary spend, not so worrying. If it's genuinely excess of committed expenses like wages over income more worrying as it would always need a surplus in the transfer market to offset.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 9:01]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stadium Expansion on 09:03 - Dec 5 with 1121 viewsdgt73

Stadium Expansion on 21:57 - Dec 4 by tomdickharry

Stadium Expansion will not happen without outside investment or long term finance is in place,if then not for many seasons.

Sir Huw said more or less what you just said and that was the club needs around £40 million on top of what the club earns at the moment......the only way they'll get that extra 40 million is through outside investment.

Stadium Expansion on 09:04 - Dec 5 with 1119 viewsUxbridge

Stadium Expansion on 21:55 - Dec 4 by waynekerr55

Question is...

Depends why really. Club generally spends what it has. Would agree the headline figures are a little concerning and need to be kept an eye on.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Stadium Expansion on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 1112 viewsdgt73

Stadium Expansion on 09:04 - Dec 5 by Uxbridge

Depends why really. Club generally spends what it has. Would agree the headline figures are a little concerning and need to be kept an eye on.

Why is it a concern ? Surely the club had a budget and they lived within that budget.

Stadium Expansion on 09:18 - Dec 5 with 1105 viewsSwaneeRiver

Stadium Expansion on 20:24 - Dec 4 by max936

I'd love to see us buy the stadium, then every time there's a reasonable gap between sporting events hold local, national and international events.
Concerts, monster trucks, American Football, whatever to generate extra revenue.
Stadium Expansion on 09:19 - Dec 5 with 1101 viewsdgt73

Stadium Expansion on 09:18 - Dec 5 by SwaneeRiver

I'd love to see us buy the stadium, then every time there's a reasonable gap between sporting events hold local, national and international events.
Concerts, monster trucks, American Football, whatever to generate extra revenue.

And I'm sure they would hold concerts etc - good idea.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024