Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post Match Discussion 17:59 - Dec 20 with 5860 viewsskippyjack

A point is better than f*ck all.. same old story..

Taylor - can't cross for sh*te
Fernandez - passing is woeful
Gomis - isn't good enough to get us out of this slump
We're unable to score from set plays
We're unable to deal with set plays efficiently
Refs are unwilling to give us anything.

the plus.. we looked a solid unit in open play, covering each others mistakes.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Post Match Discussion on 18:01 - Dec 20 with 3062 viewsJonnyTheJack

We have no identity at the moment. We're just meh.

We look out of ideas everywhere. Really need a manager in this week to freshen things up.
Post Match Discussion on 18:02 - Dec 20 with 3053 viewsblaine_scfc

That's a relegated team we watched today. That game was crying out for Montero and Curtis couldn't see it. Woeful.

A first choice West Ham side would be doing what Leicester did to us.
Post Match Discussion on 18:02 - Dec 20 with 3048 viewsperchrockjack

Fair enough skip.
I d rather us cut out the over passing.

Gomis truly is ultra lazy and not just physically, but mental.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Post Match Discussion on 18:03 - Dec 20 with 3027 viewsicecoldjack

Players look together and are playing for each other, west ham defended deep and that was always going to make it hard, missing routs today was massive imo reason being that he can do something a bit different.

It was a clear penalty also, got conned at man city and got conned again today, when your luck is out its really out!

I take heart from the fact we would have lost this game a few weeks ago .
Post Match Discussion on 18:04 - Dec 20 with 3007 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You could not fault the boys for effort (Except Gomis) but Ki added very little.
I am sure Emnes has more of a goal (or Penalty) threat than Gomis.
Our passing was good but our luck typical.
Post Match Discussion on 18:08 - Dec 20 with 2973 viewsChrisSCFC

Post Match Discussion on 18:04 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

You could not fault the boys for effort (Except Gomis) but Ki added very little.

KI's been extremely disappointing this season, can't argue with that.

Don't know what to make of it all to be honest the energy was there which was great to see....

Hell of a lot more encouraged than 2 games ago.
Post Match Discussion on 18:10 - Dec 20 with 2951 viewsperchrockjack

Effort there and it does make you wonder how long this discord was going on.

We need to finish .simple

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Post Match Discussion on 18:11 - Dec 20 with 2928 viewsskippyjack

We got lucky on set pieces today.. it needs a serious discussion in training.. in both boxes.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Login to get fewer ads

Post Match Discussion on 18:22 - Dec 20 with 2843 viewsSgorioFruit

Post Match Discussion on 18:02 - Dec 20 by blaine_scfc

That's a relegated team we watched today. That game was crying out for Montero and Curtis couldn't see it. Woeful.

Spot on

I was just waiting for our net to bulge with West Ham poking in a sneaky goal.

Had Andy Carroll been playing then we would be looking at a 3-0 loss even with all our posession.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Post Match Discussion on 18:29 - Dec 20 with 2786 viewslovejuicejack

Post Match Discussion on 18:02 - Dec 20 by blaine_scfc

Spot on Blaine, I was thinking exactly the same today, all the signs are there, if people think we are better than Newcastle, Norwich, bournmouth then they are deluded.
Post Match Discussion on 18:29 - Dec 20 with 2780 viewsChrisSCFC

Post Match Discussion on 18:22 - Dec 20 by SgorioFruit

Spot on

I was just waiting for our net to bulge with West Ham poking in a sneaky goal.

Had Andy Carroll been playing then we would be looking at a 3-0 loss even with all our posession.

Stop talking shit they hardly ventured into our box how would they had scored 3 with Carroll playing.

Fab had basically f*ck all to do.

No need to be negative just for the sake of it.
Post Match Discussion on 18:36 - Dec 20 with 2713 viewsSgorioFruit

Post Match Discussion on 18:29 - Dec 20 by ChrisSCFC

Stop talking shit they hardly ventured into our box how would they had scored 3 with Carroll playing.

"Stop talking shit they hardly ventured into our box how would they had scored 3 with Carroll playing."

Because Andy Carrol would be playing.
He scores against us for fun with or without all our posession.

Post Match Discussion on 18:38 - Dec 20 with 2686 viewsblaine_scfc

Post Match Discussion on 18:36 - Dec 20 by SgorioFruit

"Stop talking shit they hardly ventured into our box how would they had scored 3 with Carroll playing."

Because Andy Carrol would be playing.
He scores against us for fun with or without all our posession.

With the amount of corners they had, he would of loved it.
Post Match Discussion on 18:42 - Dec 20 with 2657 viewsicecoldjack

Post Match Discussion on 18:29 - Dec 20 by ChrisSCFC

I also mentioned about set pieces on the match day thread, it's truely woeful at both ends. Collins kept slipping his marker and causing us major grief, only because they were off target that we had a slightly easier ride.

All said and done, i'm a lot happier now than a few weeks back, combinations are forming the passing is returning, apart from a bit of rotten luck we were looking at a nervy 1-0 win and on our way back.

When the luck is out it's really out. Man city away, Liverpool away and today at home, all dubious decisions we got on the wrong end of.
Post Match Discussion on 18:45 - Dec 20 with 2621 viewsLeonisGod

Post Match Discussion on 18:04 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought we were set up wrong. Playing a narrow midfield diamond played into West Ham's hands and with Jack and Ki pushing forward we lacked creativity to play through the packed middle. We either needed Shelvey on from the start instead of Jack, or we needed Ki off and Monterro on reverting to 4231. We were crying out for same pace and a wide outlet. Curt fecked up there I reckon - that was a very, very poor West Ham side and we should have taken the game to them better than we did.

We played ok and some nice stuff in the first half especially, but we had the wrong players in the wrong areas of the pitch and so missed the cutting edge in the final third. Play like that but with our more creative players on the pitch and we stand a good chance of 3 pts against West Brom.
Post Match Discussion on 18:52 - Dec 20 with 2541 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

We're a damn sight better at the moment than under Monk.

Curt has only had a short time so far to place his mark on the team, and then it's only going to be temporary. We've seen some of our swansea-style return and it's something that can only improve - surely?!

However, there are players who need to either be asskicked or shipped out as they are not conducive to winning games.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Post Match Discussion on 18:54 - Dec 20 with 2518 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Curts gone in to monk mode
No pace
No pattern
No chance of scoring
Same old same old

Kept the ball well to be fair plus point .

No wingers no pace

We ain't Barcalona who can thread passes through a needles eye through the middle .

We are on a journey all the way downwards

New ideas neede ASAP

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Post Match Discussion on 18:57 - Dec 20 with 2484 viewsskippyjack

Post Match Discussion on 18:45 - Dec 20 by LeonisGod

I thought we were set up wrong. Playing a narrow midfield diamond played into West Ham's hands and with Jack and Ki pushing forward we lacked creativity to play through the packed middle. We either needed Shelvey on from the start instead of Jack, or we needed Ki off and Monterro on reverting to 4231. We were crying out for same pace and a wide outlet. Curt fecked up there I reckon - that was a very, very poor West Ham side and we should have taken the game to them better than we did.

We played ok and some nice stuff in the first half especially, but we had the wrong players in the wrong areas of the pitch and so missed the cutting edge in the final third. Play like that but with our more creative players on the pitch and we stand a good chance of 3 pts against West Brom.

I have already pointed it out..

3-4-2-1

play with wing backs.. we need to stretch out the oppositions back four to keep them thinking.. Naughton & Taylor are incapable of playing it IMO.. but Rangel and Tabanou are more than capable.

Cork/Leon

Ki would be ideal at breaking up the oppositions midfield.. Gylfi would be deployed to suit the game.. Eder can press, Ayew can drift.. the fullbacks have to be one their toes constantly.

I don't think we have the staff to carry out the tactics efficiently.. especially in a relegation battle.. we have to use our tools effectively to look threatening.

Post Match Discussion on 18:59 - Dec 20 with 2470 viewsGeoffThom

Jesus there's some shite written on here ,we played very very well today the performance compared to monks team of late is 100% better ,yeah we didn't win but small steps at the moment will get us there eventually we just have to keep getting our game back as we're doing now ,our biggest fault was leaving it so late too sack monk and crew
Post Match Discussion on 19:01 - Dec 20 with 2451 viewsandrew

All these comments are a joke yes?

I thought the first half and majority of the second half were the best we've played since September. What the hell is wrong with you all. Absolute idiots mun.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Post Match Discussion on 19:02 - Dec 20 with 2449 viewsskippyjack

Post Match Discussion on 18:59 - Dec 20 by GeoffThom

Jesus there's some shite written on here ,we played very very well today the performance compared to monks team of late is 100% better ,yeah we didn't win but small steps at the moment will get us there eventually we just have to keep getting our game back as we're doing now ,our biggest fault was leaving it so late too sack monk and crew

We didn't play very, very well.. we would've won otherwise..

We need a fresh approach to look threatening.. we need a manger.

Post Match Discussion on 19:04 - Dec 20 with 2421 viewsSgorioFruit

Post Match Discussion on 19:01 - Dec 20 by andrew

I thought the first half and majority of the second half were the best we've played since September. What the hell is wrong with you all. Absolute idiots mun.

most of our comments is aimed at not being able to score

Post Match Discussion on 19:05 - Dec 20 with 2408 viewsLeonisGod

Post Match Discussion on 19:01 - Dec 20 by andrew

It was a vastly improved performance. But to quote Brendan, without any penetration. Much better but 2 pts dropped against the worse side I've seen down here in a long time. In years gone by we'd have tonked them, and therein lies the problem.

But good to see some of the old swagger back in the first half.
Post Match Discussion on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 2367 viewsGeoffThom

Post Match Discussion on 19:02 - Dec 20 by skippyjack

If you seriously thought we didn't play well you need to follow the Ospreys ,Bournemouth Leicester etc we didn't play well even not at all, not today's game it was a vast improvement
Post Match Discussion on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 2365 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Post Match Discussion on 19:02 - Dec 20 by skippyjack

FFS - Give Curts a chance getting us out of the Monk style of play!

He's had two games!!!

Back to reality Skips - we've played immensely better today compared to under Monk. Just look at our possession and passes for instance. Sure we didn't win - but then we weren't awarded penalties either that should have been given to Swansea.

But sure - keep passing blame. It's what you do.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024