Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc 21:03 - Jan 3 with 7690 viewsJackfath

Somebody suggested to me that it was against the law to have one of these devices and using it is against the law.

I suggested it was nonsense. Perhaps illegal for the chap doing all the streaming but not the person on the other end viewing in their own home?

What exactly is the legal line with this?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 5446 viewsjack247

You won't go to jail
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:07 - Jan 3 with 5434 viewsexiledclaseboy

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2013/07/premier-league-free-stre

Poll: Tory leader

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:20 - Jan 3 with 5396 viewsJackfath

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:07 - Jan 3 by exiledclaseboy

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2013/07/premier-league-free-stre

I bet Martin is on his Phoenix every night watching free tv the money saving expert.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:22 - Jan 3 with 5386 viewscimlajack

You can download Kodi on to the device you used to make this post, for free,at the moment.
Obviously things have to change in the future as it will have a massive impact on Sky revenues
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:24 - Jan 3 with 5375 viewsJackfath

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:22 - Jan 3 by cimlajack

You can download Kodi on to the device you used to make this post, for free,at the moment.
Obviously things have to change in the future as it will have a massive impact on Sky revenues

Indeed. But just like websites like 'piratebay' surely those who run the sites will just pop up another 'feed' for us all to use. I can see the broadband providers putting a stop to it, but i am sure there will be work arounds for that too.

Interesting times ahead.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 01:34 - Jan 4 with 5229 viewsEbo

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:24 - Jan 3 by Jackfath

Indeed. But just like websites like 'piratebay' surely those who run the sites will just pop up another 'feed' for us all to use. I can see the broadband providers putting a stop to it, but i am sure there will be work arounds for that too.

Interesting times ahead.

Pirate bay didn't host anything, they just did what google basically do and index links to torrents. But they lost their argument and some of them were sent to jail. Site is still going though and is frequently switched using different domain names and countries.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 01:57 - Jan 4 with 5219 viewsphact0rri

It's not illegal to own one, and use it for legal applications (say watching youtube videos on your television... course a chrome cast of fire stick is probably cheaper). However if the box is being used to watch Pay-per-view or subscription controlled assets, it sure is illegal (much like pirating an album, film, or software). You won't go to jail for most offenses, and its usually up to the internet provider to battle it. There have been, however a crackdown on the sellers, the ones that are preloading pirating software. But , if caught it is in the rights of the assets owner to prosecute you according to UK law as you are specifically 'stealing' the tv you are watching. Now I really doubt they will pull a "Metalica" and try to fine receivers of protected media some outrageous fee. To be fair more than likely your internet provider will ban you before anything else happens.

However in the case your ISP finds you are conducted illegal actions on their system they will give you a "cease or you will be held accountable" type letter. At which point it will be best to quit using it.

To back up what I say here's some sources that go over most of what I was saying.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/set-top-tv-boxes-illegal-eve

http://uk.pcmag.com/copyright/67195/news/uk-police-hunting-down-android-tv-boxes

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/04/ask-lh-am-i-breaking-the-law-by-viewing-str

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 07:10 - Jan 4 with 5165 viewsLoyal

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 21:24 - Jan 3 by Jackfath

Interesting times ahead.

Did you ever think they were anything but illegal ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 5020 viewsGh0st

Of course its illegal.
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 12:27 - Jan 4 with 4992 viewsQuakerJack

The streamers are so far ahead of them at the moment, seems like every two steps Sky/BT/broadband providers take, the streamers/app builders take 10 and with open source (e.g. android) programming/app building it opens this up considerably...

The legality issue isn't as clear cut as people think... as far as I'm aware it's illegal to host the content but perfectly legal for us to watch it (like it isn't our fault if someone's put it online). I don't think you'll ever see individuals in court charged with streaming sport/movies etc. Kodi app software is actually available through Google Playstore and can be put on anything... You could stick it on your phone, ping to your google chromecast and watch games on your 42 inch without a hitch.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 15:39 - Jan 4 with 4899 viewsGh0st

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 12:27 - Jan 4 by QuakerJack

The streamers are so far ahead of them at the moment, seems like every two steps Sky/BT/broadband providers take, the streamers/app builders take 10 and with open source (e.g. android) programming/app building it opens this up considerably...

The legality issue isn't as clear cut as people think... as far as I'm aware it's illegal to host the content but perfectly legal for us to watch it (like it isn't our fault if someone's put it online). I don't think you'll ever see individuals in court charged with streaming sport/movies etc. Kodi app software is actually available through Google Playstore and can be put on anything... You could stick it on your phone, ping to your google chromecast and watch games on your 42 inch without a hitch.

It is definitely illegal to watch it, but there is no chance of being arrested/prosecuted.

Interesting article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/household-bills/11649188/Coul
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:04 - Jan 4 with 4849 viewsJack_Kass

Never watched one, call me old fashioned but If the game isn't available on legal television channels, then I'd much rather watch Final Score type programmes, or even listen to it on the radio.

The technology is there to see that you're viewing illegally, it's just about the government waiting for the law to permit them to use it to catch you.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 4841 viewsJack_Kass

It's ironic to me also, that as SKY/BT etc lose a bucketful through illegal streams, that they put their prices up to compensate accordingly, which just feeds back into the vicious circle affecting the match day supporter

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 4830 viewsGh0st

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:04 - Jan 4 by Jack_Kass

Never watched one, call me old fashioned but If the game isn't available on legal television channels, then I'd much rather watch Final Score type programmes, or even listen to it on the radio.

The technology is there to see that you're viewing illegally, it's just about the government waiting for the law to permit them to use it to catch you.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:19 - Jan 4 with 4812 viewsJack_Kass

That's nice, is that your favourite cartoon character? I'd love to know

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 18:40 - Jan 4 with 4770 viewsMrgrumpy

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 15:39 - Jan 4 by Gh0st

It is definitely illegal to watch it, but there is no chance of being arrested/prosecuted.

Interesting article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/household-bills/11649188/Coul

It is NOT definitely illegal to view it, currently the European Law suggests it is legal a Dutch court has just asked the European Court of Justice to clarify the law, see below

“Currently, under EU law, it is not illegal to hold copies of copyright-infringing content if it is held temporarily. The argument is that streaming is a form of temporary possession.
As such, the court asks the ECJ to consider two main questions:
- Is it legal for a product to come complete with links to sources of copyright-infringing content?
- Is it legal to stream copyright-infringing content?”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/13/legalities_of_streamed_video_in_europe/

see also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_aspects_of_downloading_and_streaming
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 19:43 - Jan 4 with 4719 viewsJackfath

So nobody knows.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 22:32 - Jan 4 with 4612 viewsLoyal

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:04 - Jan 4 by Jack_Kass

I actually agree with you regards the radio and final score etc.

But I do like to fck the system as regularly as possible. ( And my neighbour Glenys )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 22:57 - Jan 4 with 4589 viewsphact0rri

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 18:40 - Jan 4 by Mrgrumpy

It is NOT definitely illegal to view it, currently the European Law suggests it is legal a Dutch court has just asked the European Court of Justice to clarify the law, see below

“Currently, under EU law, it is not illegal to hold copies of copyright-infringing content if it is held temporarily. The argument is that streaming is a form of temporary possession.
As such, the court asks the ECJ to consider two main questions:
- Is it legal for a product to come complete with links to sources of copyright-infringing content?
- Is it legal to stream copyright-infringing content?”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/13/legalities_of_streamed_video_in_europe/

see also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_aspects_of_downloading_and_streaming

Interesting, especially given that streamed data -IS- being cached and the data is stored on your hardrive until either the files are emptied or a certificate is expired. Its a gray area for sure, but it really needs to define what "temporary" means.

Personally the "one backup copy" law we once had in the states worked well, but the digital age, and the "leasing of content" business really is quite problematic to me and why I try to limit how much digital content I buy. Normally its only if its really cheap. I don't like the idea that I don't "own" what I have legally purchased.

As to the "two steps in front of the authorities". Tell that to Popcorn time or the vendors of the set top boxes being busted left right and center.

Also Kodi doesn't allow streaming directly to Chromecast. you can however cast your whole screen, to your television but Kodi is pretty unstable and it doesn't work so well.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 4480 viewsSwaneeRiver

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 12:27 - Jan 4 by QuakerJack

So working on that premise that "it's not our fault if someone's put it online" , do you think that a paedophile will get away using the same argument.
Of course not
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:29 - Jan 5 with 4462 viewscimlajack

What i can't fathom is the commercial side of the operation.
The end user does n't pay anything.
From personal experience, it is not overburdened with Ads.
Where is the income stream ?
Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 4448 viewsJackfath

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:12 - Jan 5 by SwaneeRiver

So working on that premise that "it's not our fault if someone's put it online" , do you think that a paedophile will get away using the same argument.
Of course not

What a ridiculous argument.

Are you therefore saying people that use and watch streams on Kodi are equivalents of paedophiles?

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 4352 viewsJackfath

I am having an issue.

njmsoccer has been hacked and one needs to install another addon to get it to work again. The one is called ares wizard, one can then get njm working again from there.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

However when I get to the part where it asks to install from a zip file and then wait for add on enabled, it does not appear and therefore I am stuck at that stage. Any help? what am i doing wrong? Cheers for the help.

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 19:00 - Jan 6 with 4330 viewsmonmouth

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 18:40 - Jan 6 by Jackfath

I am having an issue.

njmsoccer has been hacked and one needs to install another addon to get it to work again. The one is called ares wizard, one can then get njm working again from there.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/

However when I get to the part where it asks to install from a zip file and then wait for add on enabled, it does not appear and therefore I am stuck at that stage. Any help? what am i doing wrong? Cheers for the help.

Are you sure it's not enabledeven without the notification? It's worth checking.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 19:39 - Jan 6 with 4290 viewsLoyal

Kodi. Phoenix. NjmSoccer. etc etc on 17:29 - Jan 5 by cimlajack

What i can't fathom is the commercial side of the operation.
The end user does n't pay anything.
From personal experience, it is not overburdened with Ads.
Where is the income stream ?

Some people are rewarded in their chosen heaven others by fcking the system 👍

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024