Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yun 11:55 - Jan 4 with 8371 viewsGetMeRangers

Does anyone know what has happened to him since a great cameo at Derby?
Yun on 19:09 - Jan 4 with 1794 viewsWeaverQPR

Jimmy Floyd wants 5p play a pressing game but continues to pick oaps who can't close down for 90mins.

@WeavQPR

Yun on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 1731 viewsgobbles

To be fair to JFH, he probably hasn't seen much of the squad play a game live. Since he took over, he has basically played the side he inherited from Ramsey and Warnock.
Yun on 09:50 - Jan 5 with 1612 viewsfrancisbowles

Yun on 19:09 - Jan 4 by WeaverQPR

Jimmy Floyd wants 5p play a pressing game but continues to pick oaps who can't close down for 90mins.

I wouldn't expect a massive improvement for 5p!
Yun on 09:54 - Jan 5 with 1606 viewslondonscottish

Yun on 12:28 - Jan 4 by NW10Hoop

It's so odd. There are many in the squad that I think should be in the first team, and not (even though it's a very important reason) just because they are ones for the future, but because they could be doing an as good or better job RIGHT NOW.

Yun > Konchesky (although he's generally been ok)
Luongo > Henry or Sandro (I'm not a Henry basher but his form at the beginning of the season didn't warrant keeping his place)
Chery > Fer (Fer has looked lifeless)
Smithies > Green (I love Green but he is horribly out of form. If you're not gonna drop him now, then when?)

I'd also rather keep Ned at CB - Get the preferred partnership playing together as often as possible and deal with the right back problem using another player - possibly Henry for now.

And even though Hoilett is finally playing well, I can't imagine he'll be offered another contract with us, so why not at least rotate him with Gladwin?

This.

I was really looking forward to this season/those players.

:-(

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Yun on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 1585 viewsrsonist

Yun on 19:09 - Jan 4 by WeaverQPR

Exactly. So far it seems JFH is either a slow learner or he's being blinded by his overconfidence, zeal, idealism, stubbornness, naivety whatever you want to call it. If he's insisting on developing a pressing game you'd think he'd quickly see that Luongo, Yun (and Mackie when available) would immediately be the cornerstones. As for the rest of the squad, however hard he might flog them in training and whisper sweet nothings into their ears it's not really going to change the fact that they're sure as hell not built for it - they might eventually improve up to a point but not to the extent or the timeframe that they won't need replacing soon enough.

I've got nothing against a pressing game, and it does sicken me somewhat to even suggest we should be indulging our wasters some more by compromising and playing to their "strengths". But JFH is making a rod for his own back here, and the job wasn't a bowl of cherries to begin with. It's going to be very difficult to get us (squad, board, fanbase) where he wants to go if he exacerbates the growing pains.
Yun on 10:14 - Jan 5 with 1577 viewssimmo

Yun on 10:10 - Jan 5 by rsonist

Exactly. So far it seems JFH is either a slow learner or he's being blinded by his overconfidence, zeal, idealism, stubbornness, naivety whatever you want to call it. If he's insisting on developing a pressing game you'd think he'd quickly see that Luongo, Yun (and Mackie when available) would immediately be the cornerstones. As for the rest of the squad, however hard he might flog them in training and whisper sweet nothings into their ears it's not really going to change the fact that they're sure as hell not built for it - they might eventually improve up to a point but not to the extent or the timeframe that they won't need replacing soon enough.

I've got nothing against a pressing game, and it does sicken me somewhat to even suggest we should be indulging our wasters some more by compromising and playing to their "strengths". But JFH is making a rod for his own back here, and the job wasn't a bowl of cherries to begin with. It's going to be very difficult to get us (squad, board, fanbase) where he wants to go if he exacerbates the growing pains.

Let's be fair, he's been in the door 2mins. Also, he's been in charge over the xmas period which leaves absolutely no time to actually do any training/assessing. Every 'break' between games is purely rest and v light sessions - let's give him some proper time with the squad to assess things and see what he decides from there

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yun on 10:14 - Jan 5 with 1577 viewssevenhoop

Yun on 12:07 - Jan 4 by TacticalR

This was my (completely unfounded) speculation about Yun after reading Clive's recent 'known unknowns' article...

'I can't help suspecting that a lot of the managerial decisions are based on getting through the immediate future and not worrying too much about anything beyond that. To take the example of Yun Suk-Young...in theory he is the better prospect, and certainly the longer-term prospect, but my guess is that, as there is not much to choose between YSY and Konchesky at the moment, and since Konchesky has come in and done the job, all the managers have stuck with him.''
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41526/known-unknown

To put it another way...since so many things in the team aren't working (e.g. pulling players out of CB to play RB) I guess managers are reluctant to change one part of the team that is working.

Konchesky hasn't "done his job" - in the main, he has been utter shite
Yun on 11:43 - Jan 5 with 1532 viewsfrancisbowles

Yun on 10:14 - Jan 5 by sevenhoop

Konchesky hasn't "done his job" - in the main, he has been utter shite

I think that's a bit unfair on Konchesky. He has had struggles at times, has made a few errors but not as many as some but on the whole he has been one of our steadier, more hard working and consistent performers.
Login to get fewer ads

Yun on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 1461 viewsderbyhoop

Konch has been exactly what we could have expected. He is no longer Premiership quality but he's a decent professional who gives his all on the pitch. He's not going to create a fistful of opportunities every game but, despite a few mistakes, has defended fairly well. The fact that Yun, despite being 10 years younger and considerably quicker, hasn't been able to displace him must say a lot about they perform in training. Or that Yun's positional sense is so poor, three different managers haven't trusted him to play LB.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024