Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin swansea talks... 17:26 - Jan 17 with 12232 viewscostalotta

Are we back in the market already?

http://www.football-italia.net/78516/guidolin-swansea-talks
Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:47 - Jan 17 with 3123 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:42 - Jan 17 by max936

Nah, don't try and pre-empt anything, maybe we've been waiting for this appointment before committing to any signings, this is our first positive step at last.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 18:45]

No not at all. They realise where we are and what needed to be done, finally. I'm sure we will see one or two arrive in the next few days too. It's taken a while but as always we must get behind the boys tomorrow and give franceso a warm welcome and a win.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:48 - Jan 17 with 3100 viewsKingsJack

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:25 - Jan 17 by taff999555

Not won a single thing. Never really settled at a club.

Awful appointment.

He won the Coppa Italia with Vicenza in 1997. Sleep tight :)
Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 3049 viewsdobjack2

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:29 - Jan 17 by londonlisa2001

I agree - very happy that we've at least done something and he seems to have a record of helping teams in trouble or smaller clubs get to the next level.

Aaaargh not the dreaded next level.

Seriously I agree that this looks the right type of appointment and also am happy that we are doing something positive.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:56 - Jan 17 with 2958 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:51 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

Aaaargh not the dreaded next level.

Seriously I agree that this looks the right type of appointment and also am happy that we are doing something positive.

He's taken taken teams up from the 2nd tier in Italy and more than thrived. He seems to love Palermo with his best performance at Udinese. Similar clubs to us in many ways. I think this will be exactly what we need right now. But, it will need to be followed up with acquiring a striker for sure and one or two others. Maybe this is the catalyst we need to deliver the signings, as signing for us up till now would have been a far riskier proposition for our targets. We've got a manager at last.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 2853 viewstomdickharry

We lets give the man a chance to see what he can do,how did he fare at Watford?
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:04 - Jan 17 with 2818 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:02 - Jan 17 by tomdickharry

We lets give the man a chance to see what he can do,how did he fare at Watford?

They seem in a good position now and for the last few years. Not sure what, if anynimpact he's had there as its seems like it was pretty low profile.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:04 - Jan 17 with 2817 viewsdobjack2

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:56 - Jan 17 by costalotta

He's taken taken teams up from the 2nd tier in Italy and more than thrived. He seems to love Palermo with his best performance at Udinese. Similar clubs to us in many ways. I think this will be exactly what we need right now. But, it will need to be followed up with acquiring a striker for sure and one or two others. Maybe this is the catalyst we need to deliver the signings, as signing for us up till now would have been a far riskier proposition for our targets. We've got a manager at last.

after 2 days of meltdown I sense a new hope about this messageboard
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:08 - Jan 17 with 2771 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:04 - Jan 17 by dobjack2

after 2 days of meltdown I sense a new hope about this messageboard

hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:34 - Jan 17 with 2598 viewslovejuicejack

Brilliant if he's been signed, great move by club. Hope he can bring a few players in with him and he instills some fight into us.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:42 - Jan 17 with 2550 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:34 - Jan 17 by lovejuicejack

Brilliant if he's been signed, great move by club. Hope he can bring a few players in with him and he instills some fight into us.

Yeah exactly. He may be to grease the cogs of the doumbia transfer, or even that winger from Lazio.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 2521 viewsjackharris

GO FRANKY GO FRANKY GO FRANKY

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Guidolin swansea talks... on 20:02 - Jan 17 with 2456 viewsOldjack

Francesco Guidolin has a history of taking bottom half teams to the top half (sometimes European places), taking top half teams (usually Serie B) into promotion places or European places and for taking underdogs on European Cup runs or unexpectedly high league positions. His transfers are generally good, though it’s hard to tell how much of a say he has in them given Italian clubs often having directors of football. I have some doubts over Guidolin’s ability to work abroad, though if a top team does give him a chance, I’ll be surprised if he does any worse than average. He’s clever tactically and works hard to make his teams succeed. It’s hard to see why he’s been overlooked by every top job in Italy over the last decade, but if he ever does get given a chance I fully expect him to succeed.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guidolin swansea talks... on 20:06 - Jan 17 with 2413 viewsblaine_scfc

If we follow this up with getting a striker I'll be optimistic.

I can't help but feel bad for Curtis, I know he's still there but he is probably feeling a bit down at the moment but he has no reason to.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 20:07 - Jan 17 with 2404 viewscostalotta

Guidolin swansea talks... on 20:02 - Jan 17 by Oldjack

Francesco Guidolin has a history of taking bottom half teams to the top half (sometimes European places), taking top half teams (usually Serie B) into promotion places or European places and for taking underdogs on European Cup runs or unexpectedly high league positions. His transfers are generally good, though it’s hard to tell how much of a say he has in them given Italian clubs often having directors of football. I have some doubts over Guidolin’s ability to work abroad, though if a top team does give him a chance, I’ll be surprised if he does any worse than average. He’s clever tactically and works hard to make his teams succeed. It’s hard to see why he’s been overlooked by every top job in Italy over the last decade, but if he ever does get given a chance I fully expect him to succeed.

Been following his career for while I see Mr Oldjack.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 06:42 - Jan 20 with 2107 viewsSwansea93

Despite being turned down by Watford, new Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin is adamant his only focus is on helping the Welsh club improve as he embarks on a new experience in the Premier League.

The 60-year-old hasn’t coached since 2014, when he left Udinese to become technical supervisor of the three teams that belong to the Pozzi family: the Zebrette, the Hornets and Granada in Spain.

Read More: Guidolin the perfect man to lead the Swans to success

As a result it was expected that he would eventually make his way to the Premier League and work with Watford, and although that opportunity never materialised, the Italian is keen to make his mark in Wales by ensuring the club avoid relegation.

Swansea City name Guidolin head coach until end of season

A move to Wales wasn’t expected. Did you have any other offers over the past 18 months?

“I never felt as though Italian football had abandoned me, and I must thank all the sides that tried to sign me during that time. However I preferred to wait as I wanted to experience something outside of Italy, and in the end I was rewarded. I knew that it wouldn’t be easy as I’m not well-known internationally, but my agent Frank Trimboli did a great job in getting me this opportunity with Swansea.”

Given your relationship with Udinese, why were you not given a chance at Watford?

“I honestly don’t know. I think I did some great work at Udinese. I let them know that I would have liked to work at Watford, even in the Championship, but other managers were hired. Given their results, which includes promotion and their good form in the Premier League, they made the right decision.”

Did their decision disappoint you?

“I can only repeat that I would have liked to work there, but this is how things played out and I accept it.

What have you been doing during your long vacation?

“I dedicated myself to the things I had neglected over the past 30 years. I relaxed and I needed to do that as I’ve always lived like a professional. I spent a lot of time with my wife and we travelled. I also watched a lot of football.”

Is stress still your Achilles heel?

“It is my strength and weakness. Stress can help you, but it can also hurt you. When your job occupies your entire day, the results eventually come and that is the secret to my career. However, at the same time, the struggle drains you.”

Things aren’t great at Swansea at this time.

“The initial signs are encouraging. I was impressed by how cordial everyone was. The first half against Watford was our best performance in some time. I have been following Swansea for the past month and I am convinced we have a great base to work from.”

What can you give Swansea on a technical level?

“I will try to implement my work on things that make a big difference like focus, concentration and intensity while trying to get them to play good football.”

What did you leave behind at Udinese?

“The results are there to be seen. Four times out of five I took the team to Europe and we made the Champions League playoff round twice. I think my greatest contribution was giving the club something they were lacking, which happened on a human level. I helped create an atmosphere that was more welcoming for foreign players. I also changed the location of pre-season training from the middle of the city to a place that was closer to the people. These are some of the things I am most proud of.”

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Guidolin swansea talks... on 09:04 - Jan 20 with 1979 viewsPegojack

He's a keen cyclist in his spare time. That's good enough for me.
Guidolin swansea talks... on 10:09 - Jan 20 with 1845 viewsLoyal

Frank Trimboli the football agent made this happen then.
Further proof that its agents doing the bidding.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 10:12]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin swansea talks... on 10:48 - Jan 20 with 1739 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin swansea talks... on 10:09 - Jan 20 by Loyal

Frank Trimboli the football agent made this happen then.
Further proof that its agents doing the bidding.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 10:12]

I don't have an issue with that as it can turn up some gems that scouting will have missed. The more attractive the club the more bids they will get. We on the other hand can offer opportunities for those flying below the radar.
The most important thing is that we are cute enough to recognise the good deals and not be hoodwinked.
Reading the above interviews this does seem like a marriage made in heaven. I am aware however it can just as easily go horribly wrong.
Here's hoping. Go for it Frankie!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2016 10:55]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin swansea talks... on 11:14 - Jan 20 with 1630 viewshammy

Guidolin swansea talks... on 06:42 - Jan 20 by Swansea93

Despite being turned down by Watford, new Swansea City head coach Francesco Guidolin is adamant his only focus is on helping the Welsh club improve as he embarks on a new experience in the Premier League.

The 60-year-old hasn’t coached since 2014, when he left Udinese to become technical supervisor of the three teams that belong to the Pozzi family: the Zebrette, the Hornets and Granada in Spain.

Read More: Guidolin the perfect man to lead the Swans to success

As a result it was expected that he would eventually make his way to the Premier League and work with Watford, and although that opportunity never materialised, the Italian is keen to make his mark in Wales by ensuring the club avoid relegation.

Swansea City name Guidolin head coach until end of season

A move to Wales wasn’t expected. Did you have any other offers over the past 18 months?

“I never felt as though Italian football had abandoned me, and I must thank all the sides that tried to sign me during that time. However I preferred to wait as I wanted to experience something outside of Italy, and in the end I was rewarded. I knew that it wouldn’t be easy as I’m not well-known internationally, but my agent Frank Trimboli did a great job in getting me this opportunity with Swansea.”

Given your relationship with Udinese, why were you not given a chance at Watford?

“I honestly don’t know. I think I did some great work at Udinese. I let them know that I would have liked to work at Watford, even in the Championship, but other managers were hired. Given their results, which includes promotion and their good form in the Premier League, they made the right decision.”

Did their decision disappoint you?

“I can only repeat that I would have liked to work there, but this is how things played out and I accept it.

What have you been doing during your long vacation?

“I dedicated myself to the things I had neglected over the past 30 years. I relaxed and I needed to do that as I’ve always lived like a professional. I spent a lot of time with my wife and we travelled. I also watched a lot of football.”

Is stress still your Achilles heel?

“It is my strength and weakness. Stress can help you, but it can also hurt you. When your job occupies your entire day, the results eventually come and that is the secret to my career. However, at the same time, the struggle drains you.”

Things aren’t great at Swansea at this time.

“The initial signs are encouraging. I was impressed by how cordial everyone was. The first half against Watford was our best performance in some time. I have been following Swansea for the past month and I am convinced we have a great base to work from.”

What can you give Swansea on a technical level?

“I will try to implement my work on things that make a big difference like focus, concentration and intensity while trying to get them to play good football.”

What did you leave behind at Udinese?

“The results are there to be seen. Four times out of five I took the team to Europe and we made the Champions League playoff round twice. I think my greatest contribution was giving the club something they were lacking, which happened on a human level. I helped create an atmosphere that was more welcoming for foreign players. I also changed the location of pre-season training from the middle of the city to a place that was closer to the people. These are some of the things I am most proud of.”

Comes across as a perfect fit for us. Will be interesting to see how he sets up and approaches the Everton game on Sunday.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Guidolin swansea talks... on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 1481 viewsEdmundo

Guidolin swansea talks... on 18:25 - Jan 17 by taff999555

Not won a single thing. Never really settled at a club.

Awful appointment.

Back to Cardiff with you.....shoo 😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024