Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins clearly still meddling 21:58 - Feb 1 with 9999 viewslatchford

I very much doubt our new manager knows anything about Fer. So clearly another jenkins purchase. Just like Eder and Tabanou. Why doesn't he leave it to the new man??
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 1987 viewsjack247

We are where we are now, we just have to go with it.

I feel it has been a disappointing window, particularly when you look at the strengthening our relegation rivals (bar Villa) have done.

At least we signed a striker who appears to have goals in him and didn't lose anyone significant, unless you count Shelvey, which I personally don't.

As others have said, the quality, if not the depth, is there. Let's hope Guidollin can get a few players playing closer to their potential than Monk could. If he can and we avoid injuries to key players, we should be ok.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 1935 viewsDafyddHuw

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 09:48 - Feb 2 by jasper_T

What is it with people round here who can't tell the difference between wanting a player to fail and expecting them to fail based on past performances at clubs?

The attitude seems to be that playing football elsewhere doesn't count.

Innit. I hope some suit down the Lib is going to come out and justify pulling this joker's name out of a hat.
We'd have been better off keeping our money. Our scouting system is a laugh.
And what message does this give to anybody waiting to get into our squad? We may as well save another fortune by getting rid of our Academy if it's not even capable of producing anyione that's even as good as this joker.

Lots of people saying wait and see. I'll be extremely sad when I'm proved right. I really despair of this club sometimes. One minute you think we're getting somewhere when we manage to get rid of some deadwood, only for that deadwood to be replaced by more deadwood. The only light I can see from this deal is that we never ever get to play him.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:38 - Feb 2 with 1927 viewsdameedna

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:35 - Feb 2 by DafyddHuw

Innit. I hope some suit down the Lib is going to come out and justify pulling this joker's name out of a hat.
And what message does this give to anybody waiting to get into our squad? We may as well save another fortune by getting rid of our Academy if it's not even capable of producing anyione that's even as good as this joker.

Lots of people saying wait and see. I'll be extremely sad when I'm proved right. I really despair of this club sometimes. One minute you think we're getting somewhere when we manage to get rid of some deadwood, only for that deadwood to be replaced by more deadwood. The only light I can see from this deal is that we never ever get to play him.

Lol
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:42 - Feb 2 with 1917 viewstrampie

Swansea have done really well in the transfer market over the last decade or so, its all relative there are no guarantees with any transfers, the Swans have done far better than most other teams in the transfer market in recent years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:45 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsNookiejack

You'll be proved right if we get a few long term injuries to our current midfield starters.

On the positive side he does have a couple of worldly goals in him - so could come on late in a tight game and grab us crucial three points somewhere down the line.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:45 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:42 - Feb 2 by trampie

Swansea have done really well in the transfer market over the last decade or so, its all relative there are no guarantees with any transfers, the Swans have done far better than most other teams in the transfer market in recent years.

We have. That and our playing style are the reasons we have outperformed many bigger clubs with larger fanbases and higher budgets.

The shit has really hit the fan on both fronts this season though.

I'm hopeful we can ride this season out and get back to what we have been so good at in time for the next one.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 11:47 - Feb 2 with 1910 viewsSwaneeRiver

Your last line "we never have to get to play him" - I hope you're right.
Not because I agree with any of the dross you've written, but because it will mean the rest of the squad and the midfield have done so fantastically well that our manager will be able to field a virtually unchanged team for the rest of the season.
If he does play then I'm sure he'll make a positive contribution to our side
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 12:01 - Feb 2 with 1889 viewsGriffting

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 10:42 - Feb 2 by jack247

We are where we are now, we just have to go with it.

I feel it has been a disappointing window, particularly when you look at the strengthening our relegation rivals (bar Villa) have done.

At least we signed a striker who appears to have goals in him and didn't lose anyone significant, unless you count Shelvey, which I personally don't.

As others have said, the quality, if not the depth, is there. Let's hope Guidollin can get a few players playing closer to their potential than Monk could. If he can and we avoid injuries to key players, we should be ok.

I wouldn't be so sure about lack of depth.. The likes of Montero, Gomis, Naughton, Routs/Paloschi, Fer, Amat, Nordfieldt, barrow and even Emnes all likely to be options for the bench.. All good players when in some sort of form but its all up to the manager now to reignite that within some of those players who are quite frankly are in a rut. In all honesty, Gomis and Montero were 2 players we couldn't imagine our team without at the end of August and almost need to reinvent themselves in this second half of the season, something hopefully FG can help them with.
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 1871 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 10:40 - Feb 2 by tomdickharry

Lets see how he does,must admit always thought that there was a player there whenever I have seen him play,he is only here until season end and when we stay up Guido will have far more time to asses who he wants to sign.Stoke have just spent £18M on a midfield player who may not be a success knowing how tough the PL is.

The first time I noticed him was when he tried to put one over Cardiff by going fir goal when he should have passed back to their keeper after an injury. My first reaction was 'what an unsporting b@stard' but, considering who it was against, he was forgiven immediately. :-) After that I noticed him more and he seemed to be a shining light in a very poor team. I hope he can regain some of that form for us with maybe a tad less cheating :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 12:16 - Feb 2 with 1846 viewsswanjackal

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 12:09 - Feb 2 by Private_Partz

The first time I noticed him was when he tried to put one over Cardiff by going fir goal when he should have passed back to their keeper after an injury. My first reaction was 'what an unsporting b@stard' but, considering who it was against, he was forgiven immediately. :-) After that I noticed him more and he seemed to be a shining light in a very poor team. I hope he can regain some of that form for us with maybe a tad less cheating :-)

Richie Appleby often tried that, hit the bar once too. I have no problem with it if the "pass back is born from a player that has feigned an injury.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:01 - Feb 2 with 1782 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 12:01 - Feb 2 by Griffting

I wouldn't be so sure about lack of depth.. The likes of Montero, Gomis, Naughton, Routs/Paloschi, Fer, Amat, Nordfieldt, barrow and even Emnes all likely to be options for the bench.. All good players when in some sort of form but its all up to the manager now to reignite that within some of those players who are quite frankly are in a rut. In all honesty, Gomis and Montero were 2 players we couldn't imagine our team without at the end of August and almost need to reinvent themselves in this second half of the season, something hopefully FG can help them with.

As far as I see it, we have cover im goal, at CB, RB, central midfield now with Fer and on the wings. The key area we are light on is the goal scoring department. Assuming Paloschi plays, seeing as we spent decent money on him and Gomis couldn't get a game previously, we don't have adequate cover for him, Siggy or Ayew. We also don't have a natural left back to cover Taylor unless you count Kingsley and there are players who can cover Leon's position, but not the job he does.

You are right though, if FG can get Montero and Gomis playing as well as they were at the start of the season, we will be fine. He will have to find a different way for them to play though, because what was working in August got quickly worked out. I don't see either of them in a passing team to be honest
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:12 - Feb 2 with 1756 viewsdailew

Yeah our scouting system has really let us down over the years .

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:23 - Feb 2 with 1741 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:12 - Feb 2 by dailew

The amount of people mistaking 'over the years' for 'this year' is astounding. We spent the best part of £9m on Eder and Tabanou for gods sake. We left ourselves in a position where we could only bring in one striker and a squad player whilst everyone around us was strengthening.

It's the first time we have been disastrous in the transfer market for years, just goes to show you only have to slip up once.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 1719 viewsdailew

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:23 - Feb 2 by jack247

The amount of people mistaking 'over the years' for 'this year' is astounding. We spent the best part of £9m on Eder and Tabanou for gods sake. We left ourselves in a position where we could only bring in one striker and a squad player whilst everyone around us was strengthening.

It's the first time we have been disastrous in the transfer market for years, just goes to show you only have to slip up once.

And the amount of people who forget the good work done 'over the years' when there is an inevitable blip and a couple of duds are bought is astounding. Still, it gives the drama queens on here something to whinge about.

If we hadn't done so well 'over the years' we couldn't even have bought Paloschi.

We're competing against the likes of the Spammers with a net spend of £20m a year !!

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:37 - Feb 2 with 1715 viewsvetchonian

yes and hopefully those responsible at the club will learn from this experience.
We have done fairly well up until now and its not as though "bigger and better" clubs have not been "caught out" in the past or present either.
In the meanwhile I don't think we are in dire straits and have enough to secure our PL status to allow some strengthening in the summer when the market is more realistic and Franco will be able to exert more influence

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:45 - Feb 2 with 1618 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:35 - Feb 2 by dailew

And the amount of people who forget the good work done 'over the years' when there is an inevitable blip and a couple of duds are bought is astounding. Still, it gives the drama queens on here something to whinge about.

If we hadn't done so well 'over the years' we couldn't even have bought Paloschi.

We're competing against the likes of the Spammers with a net spend of £20m a year !!

No one forgets the incredible work done over the last 15 years, but I can't see why people think it excuses the absolute disaster this season has been up until very recently.

The fact that our budget is tight makes it even more criminal that we spent all that money on two players that couldn't get near the team and we were happy to offload on loans the minute we could.

Buying Eder and then not being able to strengthen properly in the middle of a relegation fight isn't an inevitable blip. It's taking our eye off the ball and not scouting players properly. I didn't expect a Newcastle style net spend of £30m this window, but I didn't expect us to make a profit either.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:51 - Feb 2 with 1602 viewsUxbridge

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:45 - Feb 2 by jack247

No one forgets the incredible work done over the last 15 years, but I can't see why people think it excuses the absolute disaster this season has been up until very recently.

The fact that our budget is tight makes it even more criminal that we spent all that money on two players that couldn't get near the team and we were happy to offload on loans the minute we could.

Buying Eder and then not being able to strengthen properly in the middle of a relegation fight isn't an inevitable blip. It's taking our eye off the ball and not scouting players properly. I didn't expect a Newcastle style net spend of £30m this window, but I didn't expect us to make a profit either.

There's two sides to this for me.

Does the board's success in previous seasons mean that people can't make legitimate comment and criticism on the success or otherwise of the recent times? No.

Is the board's success in previous seasons relevant to determining whether determining whether major changes are required .. i.e. chucking the baby out with the bathwater? Absolutely.

Mistakes have been made, but I don't see much of a case for revolution. Evolution? Undoubtedly. I'm sure the club, as any good organisation would, appreciates there are lessons to be learned.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:53 - Feb 2 with 1595 viewsvetchonian

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:45 - Feb 2 by jack247

In terms of finance..... the biggest issue is funding wages as cash is needed up front that..of course loan fees coming in help fund those loan fees we need to pay also.

Eder and Tabanou are still on our books so still our assets....if they do well either they come back to us for us to use next summer...or we get to sell to recoup some funds.

The "failure" of these two guys being useful to our campaign this season is not all down to the scouting/recruitment process...our coaching staff too have an input as to why there were not selected or given game time.

We haven't made a profit this window what we have done is balance the books...we cannot afford 3 strikers on the books at a guess so Eder had to go

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:00 - Feb 2 with 1581 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:51 - Feb 2 by Uxbridge

There's two sides to this for me.

Does the board's success in previous seasons mean that people can't make legitimate comment and criticism on the success or otherwise of the recent times? No.

Is the board's success in previous seasons relevant to determining whether determining whether major changes are required .. i.e. chucking the baby out with the bathwater? Absolutely.

Mistakes have been made, but I don't see much of a case for revolution. Evolution? Undoubtedly. I'm sure the club, as any good organisation would, appreciates there are lessons to be learned.

Agree with that completely. In fact I think there already has been a major change, both on the field and I'm assuming in our recruitment policy. We need to get back to what we have been good at on both counts really.

What I disagree with is the - look where we were 10 years ago - type posts. That shouldn't make anybody immune from criticism.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:00 - Feb 2 with 1578 viewstrampie

They can't get it right all the time, I would not have signed Eder but would have Tabanou, the main mistake was giving Monk the managers job full time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:09 - Feb 2 with 1574 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:53 - Feb 2 by vetchonian

In terms of finance..... the biggest issue is funding wages as cash is needed up front that..of course loan fees coming in help fund those loan fees we need to pay also.

Eder and Tabanou are still on our books so still our assets....if they do well either they come back to us for us to use next summer...or we get to sell to recoup some funds.

The "failure" of these two guys being useful to our campaign this season is not all down to the scouting/recruitment process...our coaching staff too have an input as to why there were not selected or given game time.

We haven't made a profit this window what we have done is balance the books...we cannot afford 3 strikers on the books at a guess so Eder had to go

By make a profit, I mean sell Shelvey for £12m and only spend £9m of it on a squad that was desperately crying out for reinforcements. I'd imagine him, Tabanou and Eder had a bigger combined wage than Paloschi and Fer too. Villa look to have given up, everyone else is trying to improve their squads.

The coaching staff come under recruitment too. Yes, they don't have multi
Million pound transfer fees, but bringing in inadequate coaches to work with players that haven't been properly scouted is a recipe for disaster. It would be a lot cheaper to employ decent coaches, even if they cost more than the likes of KOL and Beattie and invest in a proper scouting system. Academies are great and absolutely agree with investing in them, but they aren't going to start paying for themselves for 10 years or so. Even at this level, it is possible to buy cheap, well scouted players and mould them into gems through good coaching.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:13 - Feb 2 with 1568 viewsjack247

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:00 - Feb 2 by trampie

They can't get it right all the time, I would not have signed Eder but would have Tabanou, the main mistake was giving Monk the managers job full time.

Yes. Changing the way we played so dramatically was the biggest problem, I can't disagree with that. Happily, results and performances have improved since he left and we at least started playing football again.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:13 - Feb 2 with 1568 viewsDafyddHuw

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 13:12 - Feb 2 by dailew

Sorry, but there's nothing as misleading as statistics.
That table won't include the golden handshakes we gave, Gomis, Ayew and Gylfi for coming here. There may be more. I don't know.

But you can add on at least £7M for Gomis, £7m for Ayew and £4M for Siggy, if you want to play the statistics game.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:18 - Feb 2 with 1556 viewsjasper_T

We paid out several million wind up the contracts of Tiendalli and Michu this season, too.
Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:22 - Feb 2 with 1547 viewsUxbridge

Jenkins clearly still meddling on 14:00 - Feb 2 by jack247

Agree with that completely. In fact I think there already has been a major change, both on the field and I'm assuming in our recruitment policy. We need to get back to what we have been good at on both counts really.

What I disagree with is the - look where we were 10 years ago - type posts. That shouldn't make anybody immune from criticism.

True, but on the flip side are those being utterly reactionary, and also those trying to justify the same comments they made years ago which have been made to look a little foolish over that time.

Truth, as ever, is in the middle. I'd worry much more if we didn't have a healthy culture of challenging those running the club.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024