Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iTunes tekkie question 21:48 - Feb 17 with 3869 viewskingsburyR

Tekkie help needed....

The wife has 100 odd CD'S that we want to download onto iTunes so we can box them up for storage.

When I do this do it take up laptop memory or do they sit in a cloud somewhere?

Help!!! (And thanks in advance)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

iTunes tekkie question on 14:07 - Feb 18 with 1106 viewsJuzzie

iTunes tekkie question on 14:04 - Feb 18 by Metallica_Hoop

I refuse to have anything but an MP3 player.

My sister thinks I'm behind the times.

I got most of my old Vinyl at Notting Hill Gate. Cheap as chips.

have this, mint condition in it's tower Records Sheaf..£90!!! think I'll keep mine.

http://www.betteronvinyl.co.uk/soundgarden-the-day-i-tried

I did that

Can't remember where it was made, Orlake in Dagenham maybe, but I do remember the stencil!
iTunes tekkie question on 16:00 - Feb 18 with 1066 viewsFredManRave

iTunes tekkie question on 11:40 - Feb 18 by paulparker

Fcuk me , this thread makes as much sense as Chinese algebra
am I the only one on LFW who can just about flick on a light switch, who doesn't know how to download anything , never mind all of this iTunes , Android stuff Im just about over VHS players

I'm the same mate. I can flick on a light switch (the wife usually then flicks it straight back off again) but I've got zero technology know how.

12 years living in the wilderness can do that to a person but it's alot simpler life and lifestyle.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

iTunes tekkie question on 16:17 - Feb 18 with 1056 viewspaulparker

iTunes tekkie question on 16:00 - Feb 18 by FredManRave

I'm the same mate. I can flick on a light switch (the wife usually then flicks it straight back off again) but I've got zero technology know how.

12 years living in the wilderness can do that to a person but it's alot simpler life and lifestyle.

you & me fred the original Dinosaurs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

iTunes tekkie question on 16:40 - Feb 18 with 1040 viewsFredManRave

iTunes tekkie question on 16:17 - Feb 18 by paulparker

you & me fred the original Dinosaurs

Yabba Dabba Do agree with you there mate!

I've got the Power.

iTunes tekkie question on 21:11 - Feb 18 with 977 viewsBklynRanger

iTunes tekkie question on 22:34 - Feb 17 by Juzzie

Get a 1TB external hard drive, approx £40-50 from PCWorld. Makes sure it can be powered straight from the usb port rather than one that needs a power adaptor.

Plenty of room for 100's of CD's.

Rip the CD's at a decent quality, the higher the better. i'd go for 256kbps minimum or 320kbps for better still. Setting it to WAV is pure uncompressed CD quality. If you have plenty of space go for that. You can always downscale them later on, you can never upscale though.

Hard drives have so much capacity these days it's pointless compressing the fk out of them and they'll only sound sh@t when you play them.

I'm currenty working my way through a 25 year collection of hundreds and hundreds of CD's.
The ones i know arent worth much i give to the local charity shop and when the spring/summer comes i'll go to a car boot sale for the rest.

[Post edited 17 Feb 2016 22:45]

Thanks Juzzie, that's useful.

I'm trying to summon the effort to do this at the moment. In preparation for the de-immigration I stupidly offered to get rid of my CDs. The truth is that there's loads I haven't listened to for years and may never listen to again. I'm thinking of keeping about 50 or so, we'll see.

For all its popularity I actually always find iTunes to be a pain in the balls when it comes to figuring out how to do stuff on it - not as 'intuitive' as it smugly thinks it is.
iTunes tekkie question on 22:24 - Feb 18 with 951 viewsLblock

Been trying to sort my iPhone(s) out again tonight

Can't see this fragile IPhone 6 lasting the fist it's going to get in the display very soon

How I long for my Blackberry Pearl and a seperate iPod
Seems like only yesterday

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

iTunes tekkie question on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 907 viewsJuzzie

iTunes tekkie question on 22:24 - Feb 18 by Lblock

Been trying to sort my iPhone(s) out again tonight

Can't see this fragile IPhone 6 lasting the fist it's going to get in the display very soon

How I long for my Blackberry Pearl and a seperate iPod
Seems like only yesterday

I think phones are great in the sense they can now hold huge amounts of music and avoid the need to have multiple devices.

However, there are limitations and if anyone is really dedicated about their music there are many music players, as well as the iPod, that are so much better than using a phone..... but they are not always cheap.

http://www.t3.com/news/pioneer-has-just-released-the-daddy-of-all-music-players
iTunes tekkie question on 16:15 - Feb 19 with 870 viewsBklynRanger

iTunes tekkie question on 10:58 - Feb 19 by Juzzie

I think phones are great in the sense they can now hold huge amounts of music and avoid the need to have multiple devices.

However, there are limitations and if anyone is really dedicated about their music there are many music players, as well as the iPod, that are so much better than using a phone..... but they are not always cheap.

http://www.t3.com/news/pioneer-has-just-released-the-daddy-of-all-music-players

Neil Young's not going to like that - competition for his triangle shaped yellow player thing.

My CD player that I bought years ago is HDCD (24 bit) compatible, and you can definitely hear the difference. Some people said it was because they chose better masters or something but whatever the reason it sounds better.

The very obvious problem was not too many artists recorded their stuff as HDCD - Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, a few others. I can't tell from reading that if that pioneer format would have the same issue or not?
Login to get fewer ads

iTunes tekkie question on 02:09 - Feb 20 with 849 viewsFredManRave

iTunes tekkie question on 21:11 - Feb 18 by BklynRanger

Thanks Juzzie, that's useful.

I'm trying to summon the effort to do this at the moment. In preparation for the de-immigration I stupidly offered to get rid of my CDs. The truth is that there's loads I haven't listened to for years and may never listen to again. I'm thinking of keeping about 50 or so, we'll see.

For all its popularity I actually always find iTunes to be a pain in the balls when it comes to figuring out how to do stuff on it - not as 'intuitive' as it smugly thinks it is.

"de-immigration" mean you're moving back to Bighty?! What will your new "Ranger" name be and are you sure they'll allow you back in the country?!

I've got the Power.

iTunes tekkie question on 02:48 - Feb 20 with 844 viewsBklynRanger

iTunes tekkie question on 02:09 - Feb 20 by FredManRave

"de-immigration" mean you're moving back to Bighty?! What will your new "Ranger" name be and are you sure they'll allow you back in the country?!

Es correcto Frederico, bought the flight and everything. Need to get a job for the non-EU wife though. Allowing for all of that I won't be around in the Bush Region till the autumn. I'll keep the same name in case I ever re-emigrate. I'm generally positive and excited about it all with only about 28% negative dread. Where is it you live again, Argentina?
iTunes tekkie question on 03:07 - Feb 20 with 842 viewsFredManRave

iTunes tekkie question on 02:48 - Feb 20 by BklynRanger

Es correcto Frederico, bought the flight and everything. Need to get a job for the non-EU wife though. Allowing for all of that I won't be around in the Bush Region till the autumn. I'll keep the same name in case I ever re-emigrate. I'm generally positive and excited about it all with only about 28% negative dread. Where is it you live again, Argentina?

Not wanting to hijack this tekkie thread (which I and PP haven't understood a bloody word of anyway) I've sent you a pm...

I've got the Power.

iTunes tekkie question on 21:25 - Mar 7 with 793 viewsJuzzie

FiiO X1 seems like a good entry level player at around £100. No on-board memory so Micro SD card (up to 128Gb) needed.

http://www.fiio.net/en

[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 21:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024