Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club 19:25 - Apr 9 with 43652 viewsSwansTrust

The Swansea City Supporters Trust has issued a statement regarding a potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club, which is described as imminent, according to stories in the media this evening.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/04/09/trust-statement-regarding-potential-takeo

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 3151 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:26 - Apr 15 by Flashberryjack

They could borrow the money to buy the shares, and get the club to servicie the debt, isn't that, or something like it, that the Glaziers did at Man Utd ?

I would think this is a totally different scenario here Flash. Man Utd are a guaranteed money making machine, so what better way too purchase them than to borrow the purchase money against the club. Once it's paid off the money rolls in. That will never be the case with us, I doubt very much whether someone would loan them £100m to buy the club, if they did then the interest would mean the debt would be unserviceable.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:48 - Apr 15 with 3136 viewsmorningstar

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:33 - Apr 15 by londonlisa2001

These two are always minority partners though in every deal with someone with a lot of money behind them. Same with various failed bids in the U.S. for sports teams.

I assume they are hugely well connected, but doubt it's their money. £100m is a lot by anyone's standards.

Well ye thinking about it, no one would lend them the money, so unless they have it themselves, then there has to be someone else.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:33 - Apr 15 with 2929 viewsSwaneeRiver

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:44 - Apr 15 by morningstar

I would think this is a totally different scenario here Flash. Man Utd are a guaranteed money making machine, so what better way too purchase them than to borrow the purchase money against the club. Once it's paid off the money rolls in. That will never be the case with us, I doubt very much whether someone would loan them £100m to buy the club, if they did then the interest would mean the debt would be unserviceable.

This is what I don't get.
Unless we continue to grow and improve as a club, which includes buying the ground, increasing capacity and improving the playing squad, all of which will cost a fortune (and also based on the understanding that money from from TV etc cannot be syphoned off ), then I cannot see how £100 million of shares is going to increase in value.
Indeed, if we are relegated our value wall fall dramatically, surely ?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:56 - Apr 15 with 2876 viewsClinton

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:33 - Apr 15 by SwaneeRiver

Unless we continue to grow and improve as a club, which includes buying the ground, increasing capacity and improving the playing squad, all of which will cost a fortune (and also based on the understanding that money from from TV etc cannot be syphoned off ), then I cannot see how £100 million of shares is going to increase in value.

You're bang on.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:18 - Apr 15 with 2819 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 18:48 - Apr 15 by morningstar

Well ye thinking about it, no one would lend them the money, so unless they have it themselves, then there has to be someone else.

Donald Trump?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:50 - Apr 15 with 2738 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 22:18 - Apr 15 by longlostjack

Donald Trump?

He wants to buy Barnet.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 00:02 - Apr 16 with 2719 viewsDarran

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:50 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

He wants to buy Barnet.

lol that's quite funny for you these days Phil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 05:57 - Apr 16 with 2635 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:50 - Apr 15 by WarwickHunt

He wants to buy Barnet.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 08:26 - Apr 16 with 2561 viewssomersetsimon

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 21:33 - Apr 15 by SwaneeRiver

This is what I don't understand about the deal.
1) It's difficult to see how they are going to make a good return on just those shares. Even putting extra money into new players would only bring in a couple of million in extra prize money and extra money for increased capacity would bring in a few million in extra ticket sales.
2) I can't see how they could go through with the asset stripping that people are worried about. Surely they would reduce the value of the assets faster than they could get a return?

If they have £100m to invest there must be many better routes to get a return than buy into a football club that will always have a risk of relegation.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 9:30]
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 2552 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 08:26 - Apr 16 by somersetsimon

This is what I don't understand about the deal.
1) It's difficult to see how they are going to make a good return on just those shares. Even putting extra money into new players would only bring in a couple of million in extra prize money and extra money for increased capacity would bring in a few million in extra ticket sales.
2) I can't see how they could go through with the asset stripping that people are worried about. Surely they would reduce the value of the assets faster than they could get a return?

If they have £100m to invest there must be many better routes to get a return than buy into a football club that will always have a risk of relegation.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 9:30]

"1) It's difficult to see how they are going to make a food return on just those shares"

Ask Dav nicely and he'll do you a pie chart.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 2322 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The trust must know what's going on now .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:05 - Apr 16 with 2304 viewsHighjack

Wonder if huw Cooze is going up on the bus with Jenkins today. That'll be an awkward journey, and it's a long way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:42 - Apr 16 with 2257 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why do you say "(and also based on the understanding that money from TV etc cannot be syphoned off )"
Why can't it be syphoned off?
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 16:05 - Apr 16 with 2186 viewsjohnlangy

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:42 - Apr 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Why do you say "(and also based on the understanding that money from TV etc cannot be syphoned off )"

I suppose he means that most of it is already committed to wages for the players. They could sell the players of course and then they wouldn't have to pay out the TV money but then we'd be in the Championship so no £100 million + every year.
Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 2117 viewsHighjack

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 14:42 - Apr 16 by A_Fans_Dad

The phrase siphoning off suggests they can just take the tv money and transfer it into their private accounts. They can't do this, there are rules (and probably laws) against it. The only way they can directly take money out is by paying themselves huge salaries, bonuses and or dividends which probably have to be agreed between all parties. The other way to take cash out is to "gift" a loan to upgrade facilities/purchase the stadium and then charge interest on that loan.

But as for just taking the tv money they can't do it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:25 - Apr 16 with 2108 viewsmonmouth

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 17:18 - Apr 16 by Highjack

The phrase siphoning off suggests they can just take the tv money and transfer it into their private accounts. They can't do this, there are rules (and probably laws) against it. The only way they can directly take money out is by paying themselves huge salaries, bonuses and or dividends which probably have to be agreed between all parties. The other way to take cash out is to "gift" a loan to upgrade facilities/purchase the stadium and then charge interest on that loan.

But as for just taking the tv money they can't do it.

Allegedly according to Blackpool fans the Oystons have done a fair job at it. That's why total control is so disconcerting. I can't see it though to be fair.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Statement regarding potential takeover of Swansea City Football Club on 23:42 - Apr 16 with 1940 viewsblueytheblue

Not that it's got much to do with the financial side but DC United are live on Sky at the moment. Losing to Toronto.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024