Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool 21:59 - Apr 26 with 9918 viewsSwaneeRiver

In recognition of today's long awaited verdict, IMO we should have a minute's applause in recognition that justice for the 96 has finally been achieved.
Before the Taylor report recommended all sorts of improvements, safety at sporting events in the UK was a lottery.
I particularly remember the replay Swans v Crystal Palace at Ninian Park, when the gates were opened and many more crowded in than should have been allowed. It could so easily have resulted in a tragedy similar to Hillsborough.
Finally RIP the 96
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:59 - Apr 27 with 2088 viewsangryjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:27 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

angryjack was talking crap I posted the Wikipedia link to proves it.

Wasted enough time on this shite anyway.

Not talking crap mate I got very close friends from Liverpool who were actually there.and have told me that the juvenile fans were attacking the liverpool fans all day,and they fought back the juvenile fans were no angels
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 01:46 - Apr 28 with 2013 viewsLoyal

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:37 - Apr 27 by OxOsp

Quote the abuse.....I haven't. I genuinely think that people who mock the idea of recognising the verdict, don't get its full significance.

Oh, and if I judged this forum based purely on your posts, I would have thought that abuse was compulsory.

Ok, a strong word but you did accuse some of ignorance.
I see your point, no harm done 👍

PS - I only respond, I've never abused anyone who didn't abuse me first.
Any local WA nk spots down your way ?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 2:09]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 01:51 - Apr 28 with 2009 viewsLoyal

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 19:42 - Apr 27 by morningstar

Quite, though it would be more appropriate i feel to remember Terry Coles, who was murdered by the same police force almost 16 years ago to the day. I'm sure any Liverpool fan would appreciate that just as much.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 19:45]

The whole thing is about individuals and individual belief.
I recall well local Liverpool fans belittling Terry's death as well as those scum fcks down the road.

This isnt about whole communities hating or liking as much as it isn't about blaming whole institutions for the deaths at Hillsborough. Although people will because it suits their agenda.

It's about individual belief, and that's what you are reading, differing opinions, and that's the way it is with people. Don't be dismayed just understand we are not all the same no matter where we live or who we support.

Good and bad and vice versa, right and left etc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 03:00 - Apr 28 with 2003 viewscockneyswan

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 19:34 - Apr 27 by Jack11

There are at least 2 threads on this forum that make me ashamed to be associated with some of you. If it's not running new fans into the ground, it is speaking ill of the dead. Honestly some of you need to have a word with yourselves. If being heartless on a forum makes you feel better about your lives, crack on but some of you are showing yourselves as narrow minded, pitiful individuals who lack intelligence and empathy. Small city syndrome I suppose. Bare in mind that Liverpool is a working class city that has been shat on from a great height by the state. If you can't empathise with that or appreciate why those with emotional intelligence and class would like to honour it briefly then you are truly beneath contempt. Enjoy your empty, vacuous, poisonous lives - but try being nice instead - you might find that you have a more enjoyable existence then. To all those wanting to show solidarity - well done and don't let the haters affect your positive and compassionate outlook.

Great post 👍
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 07:52 - Apr 28 with 1952 viewspencoedjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:59 - Apr 27 by angryjack

Not talking crap mate I got very close friends from Liverpool who were actually there.and have told me that the juvenile fans were attacking the liverpool fans all day,and they fought back the juvenile fans were no angels

Read Andy Nichols book pal, he will tell you how Merseyside ticket touts were selling tickets to juvenile (& Juventus) fans prior to the game.

What happened at Hillsborough was terrible, but those who think fans played no part in this were either not about in the 80's or have their heads in the clouds.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:04 - Apr 28 with 1948 viewsDr_Winston

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 07:52 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

Read Andy Nichols book pal, he will tell you how Merseyside ticket touts were selling tickets to juvenile (& Juventus) fans prior to the game.

What happened at Hillsborough was terrible, but those who think fans played no part in this were either not about in the 80's or have their heads in the clouds.

My old man used to steward the FA Cup finals when they were in Cardiff. Loads of fans tried to get in without tickets, so the culture hasn't changed all that much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:27 - Apr 28 with 1931 viewsangryjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 07:52 - Apr 28 by pencoedjack

the everton fan you mean one the county road cutters actually been in his company,whats selling tickets to juve fans got to do with liverpool fans being attacked in the afternoon all around the place?
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:52 - Apr 28 with 1904 viewsraynor94

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:27 - Apr 28 by angryjack

the everton fan you mean one the county road cutters actually been in his company,whats selling tickets to juve fans got to do with liverpool fans being attacked in the afternoon all around the place?

Were you at Anfield in 1981? I fully appreciate it was a minority, but the worst fans I have ever come across, and each time we have played them since I have see nothing to change my mind

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:00 - Apr 28 with 1896 viewspencoedjack

I am pretty sure there were pissed up ticket less fans at Hillsborough ...You agree or disagree ?

&

You really believe Liverpool fans were angels & it was the nasty Italians attacking them ?

Fuk me ....
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:01 - Apr 28 with 1859 viewspikeypaul

Your obviously a Liverpool fan who can not handle
the truth that you had 14 fellow Liverpool fans convicted of manslaughter
but no your mates told you it was the Juventus fans fault although it was Liverpool
fans throwing the bricks,scaling the fences and Charging the Italians?So are we to
believe the courts judgement or do you only do that if the verdict is in your favour?

If you read the wiki page on the Heysel disaster
you will know the whole build up to the events
that night.But you prefer to believe a couple of your Liverpool mates who
say it was nothing to do with their fans,
everyone here who was around in the 80s know and experienced
Liverpool fans and like a earlier poster confirmed they were utter scum.

You may not like it but it's the truth so deal with it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:28 - Apr 28 with 1841 viewsDafyddHuw

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 19:34 - Apr 27 by Jack11

There are at least 2 threads on this forum that make me ashamed to be associated with some of you. If it's not running new fans into the ground, it is speaking ill of the dead. Honestly some of you need to have a word with yourselves. If being heartless on a forum makes you feel better about your lives, crack on but some of you are showing yourselves as narrow minded, pitiful individuals who lack intelligence and empathy. Small city syndrome I suppose. Bare in mind that Liverpool is a working class city that has been shat on from a great height by the state. If you can't empathise with that or appreciate why those with emotional intelligence and class would like to honour it briefly then you are truly beneath contempt. Enjoy your empty, vacuous, poisonous lives - but try being nice instead - you might find that you have a more enjoyable existence then. To all those wanting to show solidarity - well done and don't let the haters affect your positive and compassionate outlook.

Well said
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 1838 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool, Everton and West Ham in that 81/82 season are the only times I've been genuinely scared at a football match. Vicious cowards.

That doesn't make the people who died at Hillsborough part of that, and it doesn't make them any less the victims of appalling treatment before during and after they died. It's the very fact that this could have happened to anyone, including us at Liverpool in 1981, that makes this so different. Luckily the police (in the wrong way mind) stopped the crush in 1981. What if they'd opened a gate and let all the fans locked out rush in. Would 'pissed up ticketless Swans fans' have been to blame?

The police had a job to do. They failed, disastrously and it killed 96 people. They then tried to cover up and blame others. The people that did that (the cover up) should be locked up for the rest of thei lives not be relaxing on fat pensions.

To try and muddy this, or smear the victims by conflating other terrible events, caused by other people ('Liverpool fans' are not a homogenous species) is pathetic and unworthy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:47 - Apr 28 with 1783 viewsCopperJack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:13 - Apr 27 by OxOsp

I'm ashamed about some of the comments on here, but maybe they come from a position of ignorance. If you weren't a football fan in the eighties, then maybe you don't appreciate the significance of yesterday's decision..

The Hillsborough whitewash was part of the establishment's class war.

Perhaps some people should read this article from today...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-being-fan-1980s-was-and-what-hillsborou

I was 10 when I stood in the away end at Anfield and we had the minute's silence for Bill Shankley (Tosh removing his Swans shirt to reveal a Liverpool shirt underneath). We, Swansea fans, spontaneously sang Walk On at the end of the silence.

I get what it says about an angry, disaffected youth culture which was polarised by Thatcher, but I'm sorry, that article insinuates that there wasn't a problem with hooliganism in the 80s and that police brutality was just part of the course -rather than a response to the rise in hooliganism. I remember going to games, here and elsewhere, where you'd see utter chaos around the grounds. Police tactics were ill-equipped to deal with it, but to portray that the hooligan acts (like the Chelsea fans throwing coins, which he references) is becausethey were angry with police is far-fetched to say the least. I've been to games and seen people attack police (even the recent Swans Cardiff games) - the police weren't overly violent there, and certainly not in an unprovoked way.

Anyway, according to this people are planning on singing YNWA. Bit embarrassing if I'm honest. I'm all for an applause or whatever, but this is real brown-nosing stuff. All my Liverpool/Swans fans friends have come out the woodwork with this one - http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-fans-sing-ll-Walk-Liverpool

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 1732 viewssherpajacob

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but I'll call it as I see it.

Many who first got into football when the swans were crap, have developed allegiances to big teams.

I was in primary school in the mid 70s when I became a soccer fan. At the time the chances of seeing swans on motd seemed nil. ( why Plymouth away was such a big deal) the only time we were on tv were occasional local derbies on htv's version of the big match.

Supporting the swans was a given, going down the vetch after playing junior league at Ashleigh road or mynydd newydd. However division 4 was a different world to the old division 1.
Hence most boys also supported a top team, Liverpool and man utd, obviously were most popular, but in my school Leeds had a decent following. As 7/8 year olds we didn't see any issue with supporting swans and man utd/liverpool.
Swans will always be the first and true love but the allegiances to the big clubs never really die completely.
Those who grew up supporting Liverpool are keen for everyone to sing YNWA like some 70s coke commerciall all linking arm's, swapping shirts and scarfs.
Those who supported Man utd want nothing to do with it.

Those who perhaps grew up in different times and only support swans are happy to respect however Liverpool might want to mark recent events.I recall didn't we have a minutes applause when we played Brendas Liverpool after some Hillsborough announcement had been made. Chico then kept Suarez in his pocket all afternoon.

We will welcome the Liverpool fans to our city and stadium. However let's sing hymns and aries and take me to the vetch field throughout the game and send them back home without any points to celebrate our mathematical safety.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:24 - Apr 28 with 1663 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Apparently there will be a tribute to the 96 on Sunday fronted by Kevin Johns.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:25 - Apr 28 with 1605 viewscockneyswan

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:39 - Apr 28 by monmouth

Liverpool, Everton and West Ham in that 81/82 season are the only times I've been genuinely scared at a football match. Vicious cowards.

That doesn't make the people who died at Hillsborough part of that, and it doesn't make them any less the victims of appalling treatment before during and after they died. It's the very fact that this could have happened to anyone, including us at Liverpool in 1981, that makes this so different. Luckily the police (in the wrong way mind) stopped the crush in 1981. What if they'd opened a gate and let all the fans locked out rush in. Would 'pissed up ticketless Swans fans' have been to blame?

The police had a job to do. They failed, disastrously and it killed 96 people. They then tried to cover up and blame others. The people that did that (the cover up) should be locked up for the rest of thei lives not be relaxing on fat pensions.

To try and muddy this, or smear the victims by conflating other terrible events, caused by other people ('Liverpool fans' are not a homogenous species) is pathetic and unworthy.

Great post 👍
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 01:02 - Apr 29 with 1536 viewsjackforever

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:25 - Apr 28 by cockneyswan

Great post 👍

What amazes me is that so many people on here have failed to grasp the magnitude of what has happened this week.
Some show of solidarity by scfc and its fans isnt a love in or nrown nosing ffs. Its not about marking the tragic deaths of 97 football fans that has been done many times. This is showing the world that we SCFC are joining with a group of fans and a city that have been on the receiving end of THE biggest cover up in British legal history that went right to the very top. As a club I hate the scouse and their fans get right on my tits. But what those families had to go through and the fight they put up deserves every single one of us to show our respect. It could of been any club and any set of fans.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:03 - Apr 29 with 1477 viewsSwaneeRiver

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 01:02 - Apr 29 by jackforever

What amazes me is that so many people on here have failed to grasp the magnitude of what has happened this week.
Some show of solidarity by scfc and its fans isnt a love in or nrown nosing ffs. Its not about marking the tragic deaths of 97 football fans that has been done many times. This is showing the world that we SCFC are joining with a group of fans and a city that have been on the receiving end of THE biggest cover up in British legal history that went right to the very top. As a club I hate the scouse and their fans get right on my tits. But what those families had to go through and the fight they put up deserves every single one of us to show our respect. It could of been any club and any set of fans.

Excellent post
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:13 - Apr 29 with 1470 viewsCopperJack

Not making any insinuation about any of the posters on here, but a majority of the people I've seen on social media who are thrilled to death about this idea are people who still refer to Liverpool as 'we', and support both clubs.

A minute silence is respectful, but singing another club's anthem to me seems a bit bizarre.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 07:19 - Apr 30 with 1379 viewsangryjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 08:52 - Apr 28 by raynor94

Were you at Anfield in 1981? I fully appreciate it was a minority, but the worst fans I have ever come across, and each time we have played them since I have see nothing to change my mind

I was at anfield in 81 but was only 10 year old,seen some the trouble i did yes,but that is a total different issue,I have also seen trouble caused by swans fans at swans games but that don't make swans fans accountable for every bit trouble at games where there been trouble,and another thing far from a liverpool fan,
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:19 - Apr 30 with 1345 viewsHumpty

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 01:51 - Apr 28 by Loyal

The whole thing is about individuals and individual belief.
I recall well local Liverpool fans belittling Terry's death as well as those scum fcks down the road.

This isnt about whole communities hating or liking as much as it isn't about blaming whole institutions for the deaths at Hillsborough. Although people will because it suits their agenda.

It's about individual belief, and that's what you are reading, differing opinions, and that's the way it is with people. Don't be dismayed just understand we are not all the same no matter where we live or who we support.

Good and bad and vice versa, right and left etc.

Oh do f*ck off. I will blame whole institutions. I will blame the police.

Your laughable attempts to defend the Police in any way when it comes to Hillsborough is pathetic. You cannot defend the way they behaved that day. You cannot defend how they behaved after it. Simple as that.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-disaster-deadly-mis

Read that and come back to me with a defence of the police.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:55 - Apr 30 with 1329 viewsDewi1jack

Yorkshire Police, GMP, East Midlands Police and quite a few others, have actually gone out of their way to start trouble with football fans, both in the '80s and recently.
GMP managed in their infinite wisdom to turn a happy bunch of some 5,000 people celebrating a promotion into a potential major battle ground, just because one of them who spoke French was told to go away. Talk about being w anchors!!!
Different SPG units couldn't wait to wade in or inflame any situation back in the day, much like some stewards (just failed wannabes!!) try today.

Personally I'm glad of the Taylor report as it means that nowadays, I can take my kids and grandkids to the football, near enough sure they won't be going home in an (insert town) ambulance or getting their fuggin heads kicked in or getting hit with any of the following coined with sharpened coins/ darted/ golf balls with razor blades, bricks, bottles etc etc

I'm all for showing solidarity preferably in a minutes applause prior to KO but no way on earth am I going to sing YNWA after the crap we've taken off their fans over the years.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 1314 viewsLoyal

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 09:55 - Apr 30 by Dewi1jack

Yorkshire Police, GMP, East Midlands Police and quite a few others, have actually gone out of their way to start trouble with football fans, both in the '80s and recently.
GMP managed in their infinite wisdom to turn a happy bunch of some 5,000 people celebrating a promotion into a potential major battle ground, just because one of them who spoke French was told to go away. Talk about being w anchors!!!
Different SPG units couldn't wait to wade in or inflame any situation back in the day, much like some stewards (just failed wannabes!!) try today.

Personally I'm glad of the Taylor report as it means that nowadays, I can take my kids and grandkids to the football, near enough sure they won't be going home in an (insert town) ambulance or getting their fuggin heads kicked in or getting hit with any of the following coined with sharpened coins/ darted/ golf balls with razor blades, bricks, bottles etc etc

I'm all for showing solidarity preferably in a minutes applause prior to KO but no way on earth am I going to sing YNWA after the crap we've taken off their fans over the years.

Hello Dewi, I agree wholeheartedly regards safety.
And yes the old bill did come down heavy on fans over yesteryear for sure. However I am also thankful of the changes too, and that we do have people committed to stopping the things you mention, those people being the police in the main 👍

I'm not sure the Bury game was an issue, their troublemakers were few and had little to respond with that day. We do need to be careful how we proportion blame these days, we are very lucky fans as a result of those dark days. Even in the lower leagues.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:46 - Apr 30 with 1278 viewsDewi1jack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 10:29 - Apr 30 by Loyal

Hello Dewi, I agree wholeheartedly regards safety.
And yes the old bill did come down heavy on fans over yesteryear for sure. However I am also thankful of the changes too, and that we do have people committed to stopping the things you mention, those people being the police in the main 👍

I'm not sure the Bury game was an issue, their troublemakers were few and had little to respond with that day. We do need to be careful how we proportion blame these days, we are very lucky fans as a result of those dark days. Even in the lower leagues.

Good morning Loyal.
On the Bury game, I was referring to the muppet copper that had a major brain fart and lifted our very own Kermit.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-goalkeeper-gue

Their 'bovver boys' were ever so slightly outnumbered that day!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 13:52 - Apr 30 with 1243 viewsmax936

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:46 - Apr 30 by Dewi1jack

Good morning Loyal.
On the Bury game, I was referring to the muppet copper that had a major brain fart and lifted our very own Kermit.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-goalkeeper-gue

Their 'bovver boys' were ever so slightly outnumbered that day!

I remember being at Birmingham watching us, I must have been 1979 ish and everytime we started chanting singing, the Police would crash into us and drag someone out, like Nazi snatch squads, no respect by them or other police forces up and down the country back then.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024