Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool 21:59 - Apr 26 with 10104 viewsSwaneeRiver

In recognition of today's long awaited verdict, IMO we should have a minute's applause in recognition that justice for the 96 has finally been achieved.
Before the Taylor report recommended all sorts of improvements, safety at sporting events in the UK was a lottery.
I particularly remember the replay Swans v Crystal Palace at Ninian Park, when the gates were opened and many more crowded in than should have been allowed. It could so easily have resulted in a tragedy similar to Hillsborough.
Finally RIP the 96
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:28 - Apr 27 with 2364 viewsOxOsp

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:25 - Apr 27 by jasper_T

People have been moaning about hillsborough non-stop for years. No one is ignorant of it you condescending plank.

So, you didn't read the article then....
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:29 - Apr 27 with 2362 viewsLoyal

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:13 - Apr 27 by OxOsp

I'm ashamed about some of the comments on here, but maybe they come from a position of ignorance. If you weren't a football fan in the eighties, then maybe you don't appreciate the significance of yesterday's decision..

The Hillsborough whitewash was part of the establishment's class war.

Perhaps some people should read this article from today...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-being-fan-1980s-was-and-what-hillsborou

I was 10 when I stood in the away end at Anfield and we had the minute's silence for Bill Shankley (Tosh removing his Swans shirt to reveal a Liverpool shirt underneath). We, Swansea fans, spontaneously sang Walk On at the end of the silence.

Whilst others battled outside with the law and scousers in running battles.
Choose your own epitaph, and be brave enough to stand by it without abusing others.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:29 - Apr 27 with 2364 viewsUxbridge

Given yesterday's verdict, it'd be entirely appropriate for Liverpool to mark it in some way. You'd have to be pretty cretinous to have any issue for that to happen on Sunday. Hillsborough was a massive human tragedy, and the actions afterwards were pretty disgraceful.

From a Swans perspective, all that's required is to act with a bit of class. No need for any sort of love-in.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:37 - Apr 27 with 2352 viewsOxOsp

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:29 - Apr 27 by Loyal

Whilst others battled outside with the law and scousers in running battles.
Choose your own epitaph, and be brave enough to stand by it without abusing others.

Quote the abuse.....I haven't. I genuinely think that people who mock the idea of recognising the verdict, don't get its full significance.

Oh, and if I judged this forum based purely on your posts, I would have thought that abuse was compulsory.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:41 - Apr 27 with 2336 viewspikeypaul

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:45 - Apr 27 by canhecatchit

Perhaps on the 39th minute or for the year, 85th minute we should remember the deaths of the 39 Juventus fans that the Liverpool thugs caused as well, anyone hear the courts and news reports going on about that? No the scousers brushed that under the carpet
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 12:48]

Innit.

14 Liverpool fans got 3 years each for manslaughter of 39 fans when they climbed a fence and charged the Juventus fans.

I witnessed these coonts 1st hand in 1981 frcking animals.

You would swear 1/2 the posters here will be supporting
Liverpool Sunday, no wonder we have Rangel calling us plastics.

But hey have your love in and lick Arse if it's your way.

How many teams had silinces for Dai Williams after the
Palace game at Cardiff?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 17:25 - Apr 27 with 2278 viewsJohnw102

I think the class thing to do is to stand while they sing YNWA before the game short round of applause at the end then get behind the lads. Lets them know that as Football fans we care, but not a massive love in as some have suggested.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 17:39 - Apr 27 with 2252 viewsmax936

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 17:25 - Apr 27 by Johnw102

I think the class thing to do is to stand while they sing YNWA before the game short round of applause at the end then get behind the lads. Lets them know that as Football fans we care, but not a massive love in as some have suggested.

Good post JW.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:04 - Apr 27 with 2206 viewspikeypaul

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 17:25 - Apr 27 by Johnw102

Then make your way to the away end at the end of game to invite one of their fans to your house where your wife has made them Sunday dinner after which you give them your freshly opened bottle of Courvoisier Napoleon to finish off.Then insist they follow your missus upstairs to give her a seeing to,whilst you sit down stairs polishing his shoes before taxing him back to his awaiting coach outside the Liberty.

Its going to be cringeworthy some of the arselicking going on this weekend..

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:08 - Apr 27 with 2202 viewsGretsch

Hardly supporting Liverpool.

Yesterday was a huge decision we all knew was coming, but it brings it to an end. Do you not think the world press will be expecting something to be done even it is just their fans.

But can you imagine the reaction to us if some inconsiderate idiots boo or chant shit through it. Robbie Savage in the box would love to add to his insults.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 18:09]
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:12 - Apr 27 with 2187 viewscockneyswan

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:41 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

Innit.

14 Liverpool fans got 3 years each for manslaughter of 39 fans when they climbed a fence and charged the Juventus fans.

I witnessed these coonts 1st hand in 1981 frcking animals.

You would swear 1/2 the posters here will be supporting
Liverpool Sunday, no wonder we have Rangel calling us plastics.

But hey have your love in and lick Arse if it's your way.

How many teams had silinces for Dai Williams after the
Palace game at Cardiff?

Nobody is suggesting a "love in", just show some class and respect any tribute to the 96 unfortunate victims of Hillsbought. Thi isn't about football rivalries it's about death and long sought justice.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:36 - Apr 27 with 2145 viewsraynor94

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 16:13 - Apr 27 by OxOsp

I'm ashamed about some of the comments on here, but maybe they come from a position of ignorance. If you weren't a football fan in the eighties, then maybe you don't appreciate the significance of yesterday's decision..

The Hillsborough whitewash was part of the establishment's class war.

Perhaps some people should read this article from today...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-being-fan-1980s-was-and-what-hillsborou

I was 10 when I stood in the away end at Anfield and we had the minute's silence for Bill Shankley (Tosh removing his Swans shirt to reveal a Liverpool shirt underneath). We, Swansea fans, spontaneously sang Walk On at the end of the silence.

Perhaps because you were ten, your memory is playing tricks, I certainly don't remember Swans fans singing walk on, I do remember the behaviour of Liverpool fans at the end of the game, carnage in Stanley park due to their cowardly behaviour

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:39 - Apr 27 with 2138 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It's a sorry saga, the deaths, the denial, the cover up.

I feel angry about the way that those in positions of responsibility have tried to change the truth for many years, incompetence is one thing criminal deceit is another thing altogether.

As someone posted, we should take our steer from those impacted directly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:53 - Apr 27 with 2112 viewsOldjack

pipe up YNWA

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:59 - Apr 27 with 2103 viewsangryjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:45 - Apr 27 by canhecatchit

Perhaps on the 39th minute or for the year, 85th minute we should remember the deaths of the 39 Juventus fans that the Liverpool thugs caused as well, anyone hear the courts and news reports going on about that? No the scousers brushed that under the carpet
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 12:48]

get your facts right before you spout shit mate the juventus fans started the trouble that day and evening,ok it was not right what happened but they responded to what juventus started another tragedy but to put the blame entirely on the liverpool fans is wrong
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 19:34 - Apr 27 with 2080 viewsJack11

There are at least 2 threads on this forum that make me ashamed to be associated with some of you. If it's not running new fans into the ground, it is speaking ill of the dead. Honestly some of you need to have a word with yourselves. If being heartless on a forum makes you feel better about your lives, crack on but some of you are showing yourselves as narrow minded, pitiful individuals who lack intelligence and empathy. Small city syndrome I suppose. Bare in mind that Liverpool is a working class city that has been shat on from a great height by the state. If you can't empathise with that or appreciate why those with emotional intelligence and class would like to honour it briefly then you are truly beneath contempt. Enjoy your empty, vacuous, poisonous lives - but try being nice instead - you might find that you have a more enjoyable existence then. To all those wanting to show solidarity - well done and don't let the haters affect your positive and compassionate outlook.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 19:42 - Apr 27 with 1924 viewsmorningstar

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:48 - Apr 27 by monmouth

I think it would actually be disrespectful for us to presume to do anything unless Liverpool request it, in which case we should agree to their wishes.

Quite, though it would be more appropriate i feel to remember Terry Coles, who was murdered by the same police force almost 16 years ago to the day. I'm sure any Liverpool fan would appreciate that just as much.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2016 19:45]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:23 - Apr 27 with 1875 viewspikeypaul

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:59 - Apr 27 by angryjack

get your facts right before you spout shit mate the juventus fans started the trouble that day and evening,ok it was not right what happened but they responded to what juventus started another tragedy but to put the blame entirely on the liverpool fans is wrong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

Think you need to read this

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:38 - Apr 27 with 1857 viewskarnataka

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 12:48 - Apr 27 by monmouth

I think it would actually be disrespectful for us to presume to do anything unless Liverpool request it, in which case we should agree to their wishes.

Can't argue with that. Would be surprised if nothing happened though.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:49 - Apr 27 with 1837 viewspencoedjack

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 18:59 - Apr 27 by angryjack

That is a load of bollocks.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 21:19 - Apr 27 with 1779 viewsAngelRangelQS

This thread, along with the other Hillsborough thread and the recent Adam Johnson one makes me ashamed to have ever logged onto this forum.

Thank god you're all in the cretinous minority.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 21:33 - Apr 27 with 1750 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 20:23 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

Think you need to read this

What has Heysel got to do with anything then?

Surely you're not arguing that that the victims of Hillsborough somehow deserved it due to the actions of other people - albeit supporters of the same football team - 4 years previously?

I wouldn't mind betting that those who call others 'plastics' for, in this case, having empathy towards 96 human beings who were killed, not to mention the amazing fight that their families put up for them for 27 years, probably have a dislike for Liverpool based on other allegiances.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:00 - Apr 27 with 1706 viewspikeypaul

It's pointing out that angryjack is talking rubbish when he states Heysel was the fault of Juventus fans.
14 Liverpool fans were convicted for the 39 deaths at Heysel so it was hardly the Juventus fans fault was it,read the Wikipedia link you should learn a lot.

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:10 - Apr 27 with 1690 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:00 - Apr 27 by pikeypaul

It's pointing out that angryjack is talking rubbish when he states Heysel was the fault of Juventus fans.
14 Liverpool fans were convicted for the 39 deaths at Heysel so it was hardly the Juventus fans fault was it,read the Wikipedia link you should learn a lot.

Why does it matter whether it was Juventus fans or Liverpool fans fault in the context of Hillsborough? Why does it have any impact upon any gesture that may or may not happen on Sunday?

Anyway, whoever was to blame for Heysel, it certainly wasn't the two Hicks girls, Margaret Aspinall, any of the kids who'd have barely been in secondary school when Heysel happened or any of the other Hillsborough victims was it?
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:27 - Apr 27 with 1667 viewsBigPhilG

Quite simple the way I see it

The club can use the big screens to put up a message of support for the 96

The fans can get behind the bloody team and roar us on to 3 points

96 people lost their lives in an awful event that has been covered up for years and that needs to be remembered here. Yes you may be fed up about hearing it but maybe that's bcause it should have been dealt with donkeys years ago don't blame the families for not giving in and demanding the truth came out and that justice should prevail.
Sunday;s Game v Liverpool on 22:27 - Apr 27 with 1667 viewspikeypaul

angryjack was talking crap I posted the Wikipedia link to proves it.

Wasted enough time on this shite anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024