Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Welsh professional players are there? 13:02 - Jun 22 with 1984 viewsKennedy

I heard on the radio this morning, that NI have a pool of around 40-45 professional players to choose from.

Does anyone know the figure Coleman has? I assume then mean the top 5 leagues. And TNS

Just call me JFK

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 13:18 - Jun 22 with 1951 viewsdickythorpe

I would say we have roughly the same, possibly less.
How many Welsh professional players are there? on 14:47 - Jun 22 with 1842 viewsHighjack

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 13:18 - Jun 22 by dickythorpe

Maybe a bit more too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:00 - Jun 22 with 1809 viewsjasper_T

At least twice that. There's about 20 on pro deals at Swansea alone.
How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:03 - Jun 22 with 1800 viewsmonmouth

I'd say, and it gives me no real pleasure to say it as I grew up with both, that another Welsh Euro 16 win or two and qualify for the next world cup and, given the trajectory the regional crowds are on, Welsh Rugby could be finished in the next 5 years.

Rugby has been dependent since the idiot Lewis chopped its legs off on theatregoers at the Millennium funding it. If football though success (and the welsh rugby team's decline, which is virtually nailed on medium term) takes all those 'experience' spectators then there will be no money left for it. Sky are already moaning because the Pr O' 12 is so shit and won't continue sponsorship.

Relevance? Well the one by-product of that which would be cheering is that more and more young athletes will be attracted to football and to aspire to be Gareth bale and Aaron Ramsey and Neil Taylor (!) which many change the demographics of player choice.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 1796 viewsjack247

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 13:18 - Jun 22 by dickythorpe

Less than 45? Surely not
How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 1796 viewsdailew

There was an article in the Observer years ago about which areas produced most pro players per capita. Wales was just behind the North East which had the most and produced twice as many as most regions.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:34 - Jun 22 with 1754 viewsyescomeon

There are 38 Welsh professional players in the prem (or for prem teams I should say) by my count (not 100% if some of our u21s are still pros). And I count 3 more Welsh pros at TNS. One more at Wrexham. That's 42 right there. Including Cardiff and Newport would easily take it over 45 and if you counted all the others dotted around the football league the number would be considerably larger.

[Edit]: Easiest way to find out would be to check the football manager database.

[Edit2]: I got bored again, there are 82 Welsh by my guess in the football league. Grand total 124. Saw plenty of familiar names from the swans academy on my grand journey through wikipedia, good to see.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 16:40]

Upthecity!

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 14:26 - Jun 23 with 1543 viewssa3swan

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 15:34 - Jun 22 by yescomeon

There are 38 Welsh professional players in the prem (or for prem teams I should say) by my count (not 100% if some of our u21s are still pros). And I count 3 more Welsh pros at TNS. One more at Wrexham. That's 42 right there. Including Cardiff and Newport would easily take it over 45 and if you counted all the others dotted around the football league the number would be considerably larger.

[Edit]: Easiest way to find out would be to check the football manager database.

[Edit2]: I got bored again, there are 82 Welsh by my guess in the football league. Grand total 124. Saw plenty of familiar names from the swans academy on my grand journey through wikipedia, good to see.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2016 16:40]

You'd have to look at ancestry for the real answer though, making it an impossible task! Let's not forget 9 of the current squad were born outside of Wales.
Login to get fewer ads

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 19:03 - Jun 23 with 1436 viewsskippyjack

I have counted 103 players born in Wales..63 outside Wales.. and 2 unknowns

168 all together.. 2 born in America and 1 Norwegian...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 19:35 - Jun 23 with 1385 viewsyescomeon

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 19:03 - Jun 23 by skippyjack

Did you use the fm database?

Upthecity!

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 22:51 - Jun 23 with 1235 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How many Welsh professional players are there? on 19:03 - Jun 23 by skippyjack

Pining for the fjords i expect

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024