Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please 16:37 - Aug 7 with 4636 viewsPegojack

For next Saturday night, where would you recommend in Swansea? It has to be proper Chinese, not Thai, or Vietnamese or any other SE Asian country. Nor a take away!

Had a look in Trip Advisor, the New Slow Boat had some good reviews, anyone been? What's the one like on the Marina, the restaurant upstairs, not the 'eat all you want' one downstairs. Is that even still there?
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:41 - Aug 7 with 4111 viewsskippyjack

Oriental Gardens

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:42 - Aug 7 with 4102 viewsdickythorpe

I haven't been to the one in the Marina for a while but it was good.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:43 - Aug 7 with 4093 viewsDarran

http://www.favouritechinese.co.uk

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:47 - Aug 7 with 4079 viewsTheFranchise

One on Walter road, Sichuan Savour. All the chinese lads I play badminton with go there so it must be good.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:02 - Aug 7 with 4053 viewsskippyjack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:47 - Aug 7 by TheFranchise

One on Walter road, Sichuan Savour. All the chinese lads I play badminton with go there so it must be good.

Or their family own it.. Therefore they get discount.. smart people the Chinese

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:20 - Aug 7 with 4014 viewsTheFranchise

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:02 - Aug 7 by skippyjack

Or their family own it.. Therefore they get discount.. smart people the Chinese

Hong Kong students mate, not British born Chinese :)
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 18:00 - Aug 7 with 3965 viewsmax936

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:42 - Aug 7 by dickythorpe

I haven't been to the one in the Marina for a while but it was good.

Its closed Dicky, we looked to go the t'other week ended up at The Authentic Chinese Restaurant on Brynymor Road very nice it was to.

Take a look at this Mikey

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186466-d3650207-Reviews-The_Fav

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:47 - Aug 7 with 3829 viewsPegojack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 18:00 - Aug 7 by max936

Its closed Dicky, we looked to go the t'other week ended up at The Authentic Chinese Restaurant on Brynymor Road very nice it was to.

Take a look at this Mikey

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186466-d3650207-Reviews-The_Fav

Thanks boys, this one looks favourite.

What's the story with drinks there? Can't see any beer pumps in the pictures.
Login to get fewer ads

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:51 - Aug 7 with 3820 viewsmax936

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:47 - Aug 7 by Pegojack

They serve Chinese beer there, its a tad tasteless but it is wet.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:54 - Aug 7 with 3812 viewsDarran

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:47 - Aug 7 by Pegojack

My pleasure.

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 20:24 - Aug 7 with 3774 viewsnice_to_michu

I highly recommend "The Favorite Authentic Chinese" on Brynamor Rd, just opposite The Westbourne pub in St Helens, Swansea.

Very authentic (hence the name), high quality Chinese food. Really nice owners too.

Fantastic.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 21:01 - Aug 7 with 3721 viewsmorningstar

I've just made a fried pork chinese curry with peas, sliced cherry tomatoes, onions, yellow peppers, fresh chilli and garlic. But I'm eating it all to myself.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 22:19 - Aug 7 with 3629 viewsNeathJack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 16:43 - Aug 7 by Darran

http://www.favouritechinese.co.uk

I concur.

Can't recommend highly enough.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 09:52 - Aug 14 with 3342 viewsPegojack

Just to let you know, because I know you'll all have been worrying about it, that we did indeed have a good meal at the Favourite Authentic last night.

Although bizarrely, when we ordered the shredded duck and pancakes to start (via me saying "we'll all start with the shredded duck, please"), they only brought one portion for the three of us. They had misunderstood the order - I thought it strange that the waitress didn't ask any questions at the time to clarify.

Apart from that, the main courses were delicious, and they brought a plate of steamed dumplings to make up for the first course error pretty quickly. They were also very welcoming and pleasant, and the owner took time to fetch my mother a little present when I told her we were out celebrating her 83rd birthday, so all in all, very good - 9 out of 10.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 09:57 - Aug 14 with 3331 viewsDarran

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 09:52 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Just to let you know, because I know you'll all have been worrying about it, that we did indeed have a good meal at the Favourite Authentic last night.

Although bizarrely, when we ordered the shredded duck and pancakes to start (via me saying "we'll all start with the shredded duck, please"), they only brought one portion for the three of us. They had misunderstood the order - I thought it strange that the waitress didn't ask any questions at the time to clarify.

Apart from that, the main courses were delicious, and they brought a plate of steamed dumplings to make up for the first course error pretty quickly. They were also very welcoming and pleasant, and the owner took time to fetch my mother a little present when I told her we were out celebrating her 83rd birthday, so all in all, very good - 9 out of 10.

My pleasure.

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 13:15 - Aug 14 with 3265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Can't usually beat the Wild Swan on Orchard Street

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 13:59 - Aug 14 with 3230 viewsPegojack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 13:15 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Now he tells us.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 3155 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 13:59 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Now he tells us.

I didn't see the thread mun !!! Next time go there, nice food at reasonable prices with a little bridge to cross from the reception area to the restaurant proper. I recommend the sizzling steak cantonese style

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:57 - Aug 14 with 3125 viewsDarran

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 13:59 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Now he tells us.

I'd be careful there Mike they had a dreadful hygiene rating at the end of last year though they've now cleaned the place up fir the latest ones.

Let's hope they don't go back to the way they were last year.

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 20:45 - Aug 14 with 3088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 19:57 - Aug 14 by Darran

I'd be careful there Mike they had a dreadful hygiene rating at the end of last year though they've now cleaned the place up fir the latest ones.

Let's hope they don't go back to the way they were last year.

I think you'll find giving a free cockroach with every fortune cookie is generous, NOT dirty. *

*Disclaimer - it was a joke . They don't give away f*ck all for free

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 23:54 - Aug 14 with 3015 viewsswanstillidai

This fat c*nt fully endorses this post.

Best Chinese sit down in Swansea by a country mile.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 00:09 - Aug 15 with 2998 viewsTheArtChappy

I went to the favourite authentic Chinese the other day. Jellyfish and cucumber salad starters delicious with mince meat and aubergine in a clay pot my mate had sticky pork I think it was so sticky it stuck to the plate it was absolutely delicious, couldn't recommend it enough. Had a nice pot of tea aswell. The dumplings were great, could pick a bad thing about it

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 2920 viewsjackal

Always went to The Wild Swan but Jackie he waiter there took over The New Slow Boat and now we always go there.

A bunch of us went there before the Man City match. We had the set meal at under £6 and it was excellent. Great value. They only do it at lunchtimes though.
Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:29 - Aug 15 with 2813 viewsRogerstone

The happy wok on st Helens Rd used to be good. Shame it shut years ago tho

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:33 - Aug 15 with 2810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chinese restaurant recommendation, please on 17:29 - Aug 15 by Rogerstone

The happy wok on st Helens Rd used to be good. Shame it shut years ago tho

Don't forget Li's Garden (one for the oldies lol)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024