Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 16:23 - Aug 13 with 4856 viewsDarran

Makes some bizarre substitutions.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 3354 viewsclement

really?

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Guidolin on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 3304 viewsSwanzay

WTF you on about, great result!
Guidolin on 16:56 - Aug 13 with 3256 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 16:54 - Aug 13 by Swanzay

WTF you on about, great result!

I didn't say it wasn't four eyes.

Guidolin on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 3193 viewsBLAZE

I didn't think they were bizarre TBH. Attacking substitution with Gylfi replacing Britton, and Mo wasn't in the second half, whilst Montero was very lively when he replaced him
Guidolin on 16:59 - Aug 13 with 3159 viewsOldjack

Guidolin on 16:58 - Aug 13 by BLAZE

I didn't think they were bizarre TBH. Attacking substitution with Gylfi replacing Britton, and Mo wasn't in the second half, whilst Montero was very lively when he replaced him

Angel i think dopey is on about

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guidolin on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 3079 viewsBLAZE

Guidolin on 16:59 - Aug 13 by Oldjack

Angel i think dopey is on about

The thread was posted before he came on. That wasn't strange either, just shutting the game down
Guidolin on 17:02 - Aug 13 with 3076 viewsicecoldjack

If you think FG'S subs were poor then I can only assume you know nothing about football.
Guidolin on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 3048 viewsswanjackal

I'm guessing it's not so much the players coming on, but those leaving the field being replaced is the OP's point.

I'm never convinced with bringing on a defensive player to sit back on a lead, but that is just my way of thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 3033 viewsjack247

He didn't make any bad substitutions, they all made sense. I think he gambled on Gylfis fitness. He was more or less anonymous. If Gylfi hadn't come on, then Montero for Routledge instead of Barrow would have made more sense.
Guidolin on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 3006 viewsjojaca

Guidolin on 17:02 - Aug 13 by icecoldjack

If you think FG'S subs were poor then I can only assume you know nothing about football.

Nothing wrong with subs, Burnley were starting to get on top. I was screaming to take Fer off, hey but what do I know.

Even when you know, you never know?

Guidolin on 17:05 - Aug 13 with 2981 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 17:03 - Aug 13 by swanjackal

I'm guessing it's not so much the players coming on, but those leaving the field being replaced is the OP's point.

I'm never convinced with bringing on a defensive player to sit back on a lead, but that is just my way of thinking.

Nobody at the time would have taken Britton off before Fer and Barrow before Routledge.
It's easy to say after the game but at the time no.

Guidolin on 17:05 - Aug 13 with 2964 viewsMartyrman57

Maybe bizarre on a kodi box. Seemed sensible at turf moor imo.
Guidolin on 17:07 - Aug 13 with 2935 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin on 17:05 - Aug 13 by Martyrman57

Thinly veiled "you didn't go to the game like us heroes so aren't allowed an opinion" post.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin on 17:07 - Aug 13 with 2921 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 17:05 - Aug 13 by Martyrman57

No, they seemed logical on a Kodi box too
Guidolin on 17:08 - Aug 13 with 2884 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin on 17:07 - Aug 13 by jack247

No, they seemed logical on a Kodi box too

They did on my firstrowsports stream as well.
Guidolin on 17:09 - Aug 13 with 2853 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Guidolin on 17:05 - Aug 13 by Darran

Nobody at the time would have taken Britton off before Fer and Barrow before Routledge.
It's easy to say after the game but at the time no.

Actually the first one was exactly what I was expecting, no lie.

We were only going to make 1 mf substitution, and Leon was going to be spent before '90.

Siggy, Fer, and Cork is often going to be our MF this season, when fit.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2016 17:13]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guidolin on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 2743 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 17:07 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

Thinly veiled "you didn't go to the game like us heroes so aren't allowed an opinion" post.

Exactly and if we hadn't have sneaked that win he'd be getting slaughtered for those subs.

Guidolin on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 2728 viewssP7qupUf

This.
Guidolin on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 2705 viewsexiledclaseboy

Guidolin on 17:15 - Aug 13 by Darran

Exactly and if we hadn't have sneaked that win he'd be getting slaughtered for those subs.

Have to say they didn't strike me as particularly odd. Leon isn't gonna play 90 minutes all season. Although how Routledge managed to avoid the hook is beyond me. Hey ho. We won so I don't really care.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin on 17:17 - Aug 13 with 2693 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 17:17 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

Have to say they didn't strike me as particularly odd. Leon isn't gonna play 90 minutes all season. Although how Routledge managed to avoid the hook is beyond me. Hey ho. We won so I don't really care.

I concur.

Guidolin on 17:22 - Aug 13 with 2638 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taking Barrow off before WR was baffling, but I can only surmise that FG was thinking Routs had more left in the tank.

Modou was doing a hell of a lot of sprinting, after all, and took a few cheap shots from Burnley.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guidolin on 17:23 - Aug 13 with 2625 viewsDafyddHuw

There you go Daz. Thay's you telt.
Guidolin on 17:23 - Aug 13 with 2617 viewsSwanzay

Guidolin on 16:56 - Aug 13 by Darran

I didn't say it wasn't four eyes.

Glad we agree 4 wheels,
Guidolin on 17:43 - Aug 13 with 2460 viewsjack247

Routledge avoided the hook because Guidolin didn't realise the half hour Gylfi played was going to pass him by. If Routledge hasn't got anyone to link with and run off, he is going to be pretty ineffective. Bearing in mind Gylfi had half an hour tops in him and Llorente hasn't yet had time to gel with his teammates, it may have made more sense to start Montero and bring Routledge on with Gylfi. That aside though, I thought the actual substitutions were fine.
Guidolin on 17:47 - Aug 13 with 2412 viewsAngelRangelQS

I would be surprised if we see Mo and Montero on the pitch at any stage this season when we are 0-0 away from home
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024