Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes 14:26 - Sep 2 with 10878 viewsgazza_1234

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-introduce
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 2282 viewsSwanseaTID

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:07 - Sep 2 by airedale

But someone on here the other day or so said that recruitment of playing staff was a long and complicated process and more than one man's job, so the manager doesn't have the time.

How would the club go about recruiting a DoF?

No idea, I know it works well for some clubs but me personally I would rather recruit a manager who knows what he wants and can build his own squad.

Not a slight on Guidolin by the way, I just think whatever system is in place now we aren't getting the best out of it.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 2277 viewsclloy2

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:11 - Sep 2 by clloy2

Lets face it that's not hard- just get HJ to stick to boardroom matters, not involving new player selection !!
That one action brings about a 100% improvement, and costs the club nothing.

I though Landon Donovan was involved to give the other two the football advice/insight they needed. He has played at the highest level, and most have a network of contacts all over the world, surely he could assist with recruitment, couldn't do any worse than HJ's recent track record.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:22 - Sep 2 with 2246 viewsblaine_scfc

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:08 - Sep 2 by monmouth

We appear to have a DoF/Head of recruitment. That appears to be the problem.

I use 'appears' as nobody really knows how it works, or indeed what the problem is, apart from the received wisdom that Jenkins scouts, identifies, targets, negotiates and buys some players (crap ones) whilst missing others (world beaters). Oh and is fully responsible for any that we buy that are shit and has no responsibility whatsoever for any that are good. that's how it works isn't it?

I'm not a Jenkins fan by any means, in fact, quite the opposite. I detest him for what he's done over the last year or so, and if it wasn't for fear of worse and losing yet another link with 'old' Swansea, I'd want him kicked out on his disingenuous ass toot sweet (I wouldn't be sorry if he did get punted when things settle). But trying to pin anything and everything on him is just getting tiresome.

I echo those feelings 100%

Dineen is another one. Giving some guy jip for swearing, repeatedly telling him how wrong it is. What's wrong is how they have gone against everything and sold the club behind the backs of the supporters and the trust. That Jack to a King sh*t makes me sick to the stomach. Anyway, I'm now blocked from his account for telling him my thoughts on the way he acted. Can't take anything back whatsoever.

Huw should never be involved in transfers, everyone knows that. We have become successful on the back of having Martines and his mucker Reeves bringing in top quality for cheap prices, Rodgers using his connections in the game to take us the next step and Laudrup using continental contacts to built what in my eyes, the best Swansea team ever. Since then it's been a slippery slope, which we are now bearing the fruits of.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:39 - Sep 2 with 2217 viewsDarran

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:22 - Sep 2 by blaine_scfc

Dineen is another one. Giving some guy jip for swearing, repeatedly telling him how wrong it is. What's wrong is how they have gone against everything and sold the club behind the backs of the supporters and the trust. That Jack to a King sh*t makes me sick to the stomach. Anyway, I'm now blocked from his account for telling him my thoughts on the way he acted. Can't take anything back whatsoever.

Huw should never be involved in transfers, everyone knows that. We have become successful on the back of having Martines and his mucker Reeves bringing in top quality for cheap prices, Rodgers using his connections in the game to take us the next step and Laudrup using continental contacts to built what in my eyes, the best Swansea team ever. Since then it's been a slippery slope, which we are now bearing the fruits of.

Mr Dineen is completely right to block some of the people for the way they speak to him on Twitter.

*I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID BLAINE

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 2205 viewsWatchman

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 14:42 - Sep 2 by Landore_Jack

Declining the opportunity to sign John Stones is criminal. I bet the club are kicking themselves.

http://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/swanseas-head-of-recruitment-from-brier
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 14:46]

Add
Kante
Vardy
Mahrez

to the mix

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:48 - Sep 2 with 2177 viewsblaine_scfc

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:39 - Sep 2 by Darran

Mr Dineen is completely right to block some of the people for the way they speak to him on Twitter.

*I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID BLAINE

I don't doubt that, mine was quite tame compared to others without the bad language, but it just hit a nerve when he's trying to preach to people about doing wrong, when he along with others have acted like they have.

No one can take away what people like himself has done for the club back in the dark days, ill forever appreciate that, but these guys have made big money, and rightly so, but they must be judged on the jobs they are doing now and not on past achievements.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:53 - Sep 2 with 2152 viewsWatchman

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:48 - Sep 2 by blaine_scfc

I don't doubt that, mine was quite tame compared to others without the bad language, but it just hit a nerve when he's trying to preach to people about doing wrong, when he along with others have acted like they have.

No one can take away what people like himself has done for the club back in the dark days, ill forever appreciate that, but these guys have made big money, and rightly so, but they must be judged on the jobs they are doing now and not on past achievements.

and that is is bangonthefukingbutton

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:10 - Sep 2 with 2097 viewslondonlisa2001

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:48 - Sep 2 by blaine_scfc

I'm very irritated by what has happened in this window and I think we have risked our PL status through a combination of bad planning, bad execution, and possibly bad luck (although that should have been mitigated with good planning). My irritation is exacerbated by the club issuing silly puff pieces about how brilliant it all is.

I am also angry at the sale of the club - not the fact that it was sold, because that was always going to happen, but the way that the board, or some members of the board went behind the back of the Trust to maximise their gain, when it could have been far more co operative, consensual, ensured fan ownership into perpetuity, and people would still have made vast sums, albeit not as vast as they have done.

However. That doesn't require, in my mind, the rewriting of history, or indeed the level of personal rather than professional abuse that people are receiving and and have received over the past days and weeks.

People genuinely risked their money to save this club when the assumption had to be that they would lose it all. Some of them could ill afford to lose the sums involved. For others, it was more of a speculative punt, akin to a 'normal' person risking the odd £1,000 on a bit of a long shot bet.

It's fair enough to criticise Huw for example for failing to bring in transfer targets - I bet he's not overly happy himself. But people have criticised him for having a building company that went under, or not really putting money in or similar. That's just incredibly unfair. The amount of time he personally spent on this club in the past decade (many years unpaid) was probably the reason that he didn't devote enough time to his own company and it went as a result. People are criticising Leigh Dineen. Again, it's one thing to criticise the club's commercial activity, I know I have done so on a number of occasions, but abusing him personally in the way some have is simply horrific,

Phil S and the Trust are getting it. Huw Cooze has been criticised over printing contracts.

We all are very disappointed about this window, and many of us are terribly angry and upset at the way the sale has happened. But there has to be a line between those professional related criticisms and suddenly treating everyone involved in the club as a demon, ripe for personal attack.

Not aimed at you Blaine by the way, more my reflection on your thoughts.
Login to get fewer ads

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:23 - Sep 2 with 2055 viewsraynor94

Surely it's time now to cut out the personal abuse aimed at Huw Jenkins, the window is closed and what is done is done, let get behind the team starting with Chelsea, I'm worried going on our dealings, but just hope Baston can be our 20 goal striker

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:34 - Sep 2 with 2017 viewsWatchman

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:10 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

I'm very irritated by what has happened in this window and I think we have risked our PL status through a combination of bad planning, bad execution, and possibly bad luck (although that should have been mitigated with good planning). My irritation is exacerbated by the club issuing silly puff pieces about how brilliant it all is.

I am also angry at the sale of the club - not the fact that it was sold, because that was always going to happen, but the way that the board, or some members of the board went behind the back of the Trust to maximise their gain, when it could have been far more co operative, consensual, ensured fan ownership into perpetuity, and people would still have made vast sums, albeit not as vast as they have done.

However. That doesn't require, in my mind, the rewriting of history, or indeed the level of personal rather than professional abuse that people are receiving and and have received over the past days and weeks.

People genuinely risked their money to save this club when the assumption had to be that they would lose it all. Some of them could ill afford to lose the sums involved. For others, it was more of a speculative punt, akin to a 'normal' person risking the odd £1,000 on a bit of a long shot bet.

It's fair enough to criticise Huw for example for failing to bring in transfer targets - I bet he's not overly happy himself. But people have criticised him for having a building company that went under, or not really putting money in or similar. That's just incredibly unfair. The amount of time he personally spent on this club in the past decade (many years unpaid) was probably the reason that he didn't devote enough time to his own company and it went as a result. People are criticising Leigh Dineen. Again, it's one thing to criticise the club's commercial activity, I know I have done so on a number of occasions, but abusing him personally in the way some have is simply horrific,

Phil S and the Trust are getting it. Huw Cooze has been criticised over printing contracts.

We all are very disappointed about this window, and many of us are terribly angry and upset at the way the sale has happened. But there has to be a line between those professional related criticisms and suddenly treating everyone involved in the club as a demon, ripe for personal attack.

Not aimed at you Blaine by the way, more my reflection on your thoughts.

As always Lisa a fantastic viewpoint from you

it is not just about this window though, many of us have been unhappy etc of the change in attitude and focus/duty of care that took place over 18/20 months.

Some of the JA have only known the upside and have always accepted what they were told! Us oldies always knew that nothing was that easy and nothing is what it seems

I do think that it would be amazing if HJ sees out the season ( this is from someone who used to travel away with his dad) when the new owners start lifting paving stones they may not be as happy in private as they are in public

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:37 - Sep 2 with 2006 viewsmonmouth

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:34 - Sep 2 by Watchman

As always Lisa a fantastic viewpoint from you

it is not just about this window though, many of us have been unhappy etc of the change in attitude and focus/duty of care that took place over 18/20 months.

Some of the JA have only known the upside and have always accepted what they were told! Us oldies always knew that nothing was that easy and nothing is what it seems

I do think that it would be amazing if HJ sees out the season ( this is from someone who used to travel away with his dad) when the new owners start lifting paving stones they may not be as happy in private as they are in public

"Us oldies"

Ha ha.

I hope you've got decent life insurance.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:44 - Sep 2 with 1987 viewsWatchman

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:37 - Sep 2 by monmouth

"Us oldies"

Ha ha.

I hope you've got decent life insurance.

I have no time for PokemonGo hence I am an oldie :)

My two lads are already trying to split my life insurance

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:49 - Sep 2 with 1972 viewsmonmouth

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:44 - Sep 2 by Watchman

I have no time for PokemonGo hence I am an oldie :)

My two lads are already trying to split my life insurance

They'll get it soon when Lisa sees you've roped her into the genre.

What the f**k is this Pokemon Go?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:53 - Sep 2 with 1960 viewslondonlisa2001

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:49 - Sep 2 by monmouth

My birthday tomorrow as well, so I'm feeling quite sensitive albeit not as sensitive as I'll be feeling this time next year :-)

And not as sensitive as I was a few weeks ago when I realised that this is my 40th season watching the Swans!! Although I suspect I'm now one of those being labelled as a plastic
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:01 - Sep 2 with 1944 viewsWatchman

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:49 - Sep 2 by monmouth

twisting my words and my melons man!

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:04 - Sep 2 with 1879 viewsoldcob

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 18:53 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

My birthday tomorrow as well, so I'm feeling quite sensitive albeit not as sensitive as I'll be feeling this time next year :-)

And not as sensitive as I was a few weeks ago when I realised that this is my 40th season watching the Swans!! Although I suspect I'm now one of those being labelled as a plastic

Plastic? never. Happy birthday for tomorrow by the way. I was married 49 years ago today. I remember the day well, we were home to Luton Town in the fourth division. Drew 2-2. I missed the game. The sacrifices I've made for that woman.............
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 19:15]
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:11 - Sep 2 with 1857 viewsWaltersRedBoots

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 16:24 - Sep 2 by Darran

I just said in a thread on Twitter that Wathan was tagged in that I'd love to know who he's sucking off down the club and had liked the tweet.

That's a nothing article designed to appease. Feck Off.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1794 viewslondonlisa2001

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:04 - Sep 2 by oldcob

Plastic? never. Happy birthday for tomorrow by the way. I was married 49 years ago today. I remember the day well, we were home to Luton Town in the fourth division. Drew 2-2. I missed the game. The sacrifices I've made for that woman.............
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 19:15]

Thanks oldcob and many congratulations to you and Mrs oldcob.

I have to admit, I'm rather glad we're not playing tomorrow so I'll definitely be in a good mood for a nice evening out rather than running the risk of being grumpy!!
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:48 - Sep 2 with 1782 viewsmonmouth

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:45 - Sep 2 by londonlisa2001

Thanks oldcob and many congratulations to you and Mrs oldcob.

I have to admit, I'm rather glad we're not playing tomorrow so I'll definitely be in a good mood for a nice evening out rather than running the risk of being grumpy!!

Enjoy. Happy Birthday!

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 1769 viewslondonlisa2001

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:48 - Sep 2 by monmouth

Enjoy. Happy Birthday!

Thanks Mon.
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 1762 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Happy birthday Lisa.

Twas mine a week ago today. How do I go about getting a bus pass, you can get one at 60 can't you?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:07 - Sep 2 with 1738 viewslondonlisa2001

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:59 - Sep 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Happy birthday Lisa.

Twas mine a week ago today. How do I go about getting a bus pass, you can get one at 60 can't you?

Lol.

Thanks and I don't know !!!!!
swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:10 - Sep 2 with 1730 viewsraynor94

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 19:59 - Sep 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Happy birthday Lisa.

Just had mine Joe, download the form off the City and County site, hand it in down County hall, it will be back in a week, I'm giving mine a hiding already

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:14 - Sep 2 with 1715 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Thanks Rayn. Will be on to it Monday.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 20:38 - Sep 2 with 1657 viewsharryhpalmer

swansea-city-introduce-immediate-changes on 17:22 - Sep 2 by blaine_scfc

so you can't ask him if he still has a job as head of the commercial dept now?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024