Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? 14:02 - Sep 9 with 3637 viewsFatherJack

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 14:16 - Sep 9 with 3605 viewsFatherJack

Are we generally accepting that Mawson is here to take a first team place as soon as humanly possible?
Who will he replace?
Could van der Hoorn ever step up?
What the hell happened to the Fernandez/Amat pairing we saw at the end of last season?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 14:17]

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:21 - Sep 9 with 3533 viewsp86143

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 14:16 - Sep 9 by FatherJack

Are we generally accepting that Mawson is here to take a first team place as soon as humanly possible?
Who will he replace?
Could van der Hoorn ever step up?
What the hell happened to the Fernandez/Amat pairing we saw at the end of last season?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 14:17]

Wouldn't mind seeing Rangel and Fernandez.
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:26 - Sep 9 with 3527 viewsdailew

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:21 - Sep 9 by p86143

Wouldn't mind seeing Rangel and Fernandez.

Rangel isn't good enough in the air. Gets out-muscled too easily.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:48 - Sep 9 with 3490 viewsblaine_scfc

I got a good felling about this Mawson lad, problem is I have very little confidence in our current centre halves, I would probably edge towards Amat.
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:50 - Sep 9 with 3487 viewslondonlisa2001

I voted other as I think we'll end up with 3 at the back and wing backs.
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 16:18 - Sep 9 with 3438 viewsJango

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:50 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

I think you're right Lisa.
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:19 - Sep 9 with 3323 viewsFatherJack

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 15:50 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

How would you see the rest of the team lining up if we had say Fernandez, Mawson and Amat as the 3 CB's? Kingsley and Naughton as wing backs? In this set up who would we sacrifice from the midfield compared to how we play at the moment?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 20:25]

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:22 - Sep 9 with 3314 viewsjasper_T

How many of the Mawson voters have actually seen him play?
Login to get fewer ads

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:25 - Sep 9 with 3309 viewslondonlisa2001

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:19 - Sep 9 by FatherJack

How would you see the rest of the team lining up if we had say Fernandez, Mawson and Amat as the 3 CB's? Kingsley and Naughton as wing backs? In this set up who would we sacrifice from the midfield compared to how we play at the moment?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 20:25]

For me, leaving aside who are the wingbacks for a moment, I'd set up with 3 in midfield (flatter than at present) and 2 up top.

In other words, pretty much the Wales formation.

I'd go FF or VDH in the middle, Amat and Mawson either side. Taylor and Naughton (I prefer Kingsley in a flat 4 but Taylor does this well for Wales). Britton (or Cork), Ki (or Fer) and Siggy I the middle, Baston and Barrow (or Routs) up front. One more holding, one with the pace.

In time, I wouldn't be against Montero at wingback funnily enough - not immediately, but with coaching.

I'd try for our width from wing backs, and a more fluid midfield.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 20:27]
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:27 - Sep 9 with 3306 viewslondonlisa2001

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:22 - Sep 9 by jasper_T

How many of the Mawson voters have actually seen him play?

Speaks volumes for how everyone views our current two :-)
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 21:16 - Sep 9 with 3251 viewsAnotherJohn

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a panicky January window and 'something else.'
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 13:31 - Sep 10 with 3103 viewsunion_jack

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 20:27 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

Speaks volumes for how everyone views our current two :-)

Speaks volumes but in no way surprising given the opening games.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 3023 viewsMillie

It's a good point in that none of us have really seen Mawson play but we've all heard tge right noises, time will tell, as for a pairing, here's a curveball, Mawson and Kingsley, Kingsley has played most of his youth football as a centre back and better judges than me say that's his natural position
Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season? on 12:48 - Sep 11 with 2989 viewsDafyddHuw

"Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?"

Dunno, depends who we get in the January window.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024