Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... 20:31 - Oct 3 with 4838 viewsTrundle10

Would he have been appointed. Was he the man on everyones lips? Was he mentioned when we were looking to replace Monk. This is done to appease the yanks. We are an absolute joke. We laughed at Cardiff, we are not laughing now
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 13:44]
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 02:17 - Oct 4 with 1244 viewsstAteSwan

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:04 - Oct 4 by AngelRangelQS

If we didn't have American owners this wouldn't have been met with anywhere near the opposition it has been.

Apparently the owners didn't even know Bradley before all this... whether you believe that is another thing of course.

A lot of what has been written about him is relatively positive. If he can restore some confidence, get us a bit more organised and is backed in January, then we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

At the end of the day, his CV isn't awful. Decent showings with USA and Egypt, did well at the Norwegian team and not bad at Le Havre either.

Not concerned overly about the style of football... that went out of the window with Laudrup

Everyone in the United States footballing community knows who Bob Bradley is. It's not like Kalplan and Levien had never heard of him, hell Landon Donnovan is "adviser" and he played for him for 5 years.

Did they know him personally? Doubtful. Bradley left the US post in 2011, and left MLS 6 years before that. It's highly doubtful he had crossed paths with either previously. Did they probably request Jenkins Interview him? Likely. All I've gotten out of US Journalists is that Gigs gave a horrible interview, and that the board was "Blown Away" by Bradley's knowledge of the club, players, and the strengths and weaknesses of those players. Whether or not that's Bradley's agent talking remains to be seen.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 06:37 - Oct 4 with 1183 viewsDr_Winston

I wonder what it was about the thick, dour Manc Ryan Giggs that didn't come across well at interview?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 06:57 - Oct 4 with 1173 viewswaynekerr55

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 02:11 - Oct 4 by SwansNZ

Nothing to do with him being American Huw.

Klopp - Mainz were in tier 2, so not a top job at a Bundesliga side.

Guardiola - managed Barca B and had them promoted, so progressed to the "senior" side.

Mourinho had been assistant at Porto, as well as Barcelona, and manager of Benfica and União de Leiria in the top flight before Porto.

Nail on the head.

The question is, would he have got the gig at any other Premier League club?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 07:27 - Oct 4 with 1133 viewsdobjack2

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 01:42 - Oct 4 by MrBoognish

Who did Klopp earn his stripes with before getting a top job at a Bundesliga side in Mainz? What were Pep's managing credentials before leading Barcelona? Who did Mourinho have on his cv as a manager before being given one of the top teams in Europe at Porto? The answer to every single one of those questions is NO ONE! They had absolutely no top tier managerial experience before making the big time, why is that all of the sudden an issue? It's because you are all bigots and the fact that Bradley is American doesn't sit well. It's like you're all are rooting for him to fail because your bigotry means more than anything else and that's disgusting. Sorry excuse for human beings, bigoted and hate filled.

It's not bigotry - it is a total lack of confidence and trust in the actions and intentions of the owners and their chairman.

Taking that as a starting point it is obvious why the appointment is viewed as a commercial rather than a football decision.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 07:52 - Oct 4 with 1113 viewsepaul

B*locks it's nit bigotry, culdnt care if he was from timbuktoo, thus is the prem league, the most intense under scrutiny league in the world, high pressure like no other, not mickey mouse div 2.
35 years and nothing of real note on his cv

PR exercise to flog us in the good ole us of a

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 13:43 - Nov 3 with 980 viewsTrundle10

Who did Klopp earn his stripes with before getting a top job at a Bundesliga side in Mainz? What were Pep's managing credentials before leading Barcelona? Who did Mourinho have on his cv as a manager before being given one of the top teams in Europe at Porto? The answer to every single one of those questions is NO ONE! They had absolutely no top tier managerial experience before making the big time, why is that all of the sudden an issue? It's because you are all bigots and the fact that Bradley is American doesn't sit well. It's like you're all are rooting for him to fail because your bigotry means more than anything else and that's disgusting. Sorry excuse for human beings, bigoted and hate filled.

Mr B, it's the football, most of us could see this coming
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:08 - Nov 3 with 946 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 23:37 - Oct 3 by builthjack

So why didn't Clement get it?

I believe they interviewed a number of candidates solely because of the backlash after they appointed Monk without interviewing the other interested candidates.

Anybody remember Ronald Koeman's agent begging for the Swansea job in any paper/website that would publish his soundbites?

Yet we did not even consider him. Over Garry Monk.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:19 - Nov 3 with 921 viewslondonlisa2001

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:08 - Nov 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe they interviewed a number of candidates solely because of the backlash after they appointed Monk without interviewing the other interested candidates.

Anybody remember Ronald Koeman's agent begging for the Swansea job in any paper/website that would publish his soundbites?

Yet we did not even consider him. Over Garry Monk.

I can't believe we interviewed Marcelino this time and chose BB. Because Marcelino can't speak English!! Dear God.
Login to get fewer ads

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:29 - Nov 3 with 894 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 00:04 - Oct 4 by AngelRangelQS

If we didn't have American owners this wouldn't have been met with anywhere near the opposition it has been.

Apparently the owners didn't even know Bradley before all this... whether you believe that is another thing of course.

A lot of what has been written about him is relatively positive. If he can restore some confidence, get us a bit more organised and is backed in January, then we'll have a fighting chance of staying up.

At the end of the day, his CV isn't awful. Decent showings with USA and Egypt, did well at the Norwegian team and not bad at Le Havre either.

Not concerned overly about the style of football... that went out of the window with Laudrup

Are you serious?!

Laudrup's team played some the best football I've seen from a Swans team.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:31 - Nov 3 with 886 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:19 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

I can't believe we interviewed Marcelino this time and chose BB. Because Marcelino can't speak English!! Dear God.

One of the borderline criminal decisions by the board. They have a lot to answer for!!!

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:34 - Nov 3 with 882 viewslondonlisa2001

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:29 - Nov 3 by AustinIsOurHero

Are you serious?!

He meant it went out of the window at the same time as Laudrup went out of our window.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:36 - Nov 3 with 874 viewslondonlisa2001

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:31 - Nov 3 by AustinIsOurHero

One of the borderline criminal decisions by the board. They have a lot to answer for!!!

I'm not sure that they realised that being able to talk to them and to Sky cameras isn't actually the important bit.

Particularly given a number of our squad can't speak much English anyway, and quite a few speak Spanish.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 15:12 - Nov 3 with 849 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:34 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

He meant it went out of the window at the same time as Laudrup went out of our window.

Ah OK, I see that now. his board has tought me to see the negative in posts first

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 15:14 - Nov 3 with 845 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:36 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

I'm not sure that they realised that being able to talk to them and to Sky cameras isn't actually the important bit.

Particularly given a number of our squad can't speak much English anyway, and quite a few speak Spanish.

Indeed. Convenient excuse for them now - didn't stop them giving Guidolin a 2 year deal & he was hardly fluent in the Queen's English.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 15:15 - Nov 3 with 843 viewsDafyddHuw

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:19 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

When Pottechino first came to S'ton, he did all his talking for the 1st year via an interpreter. Look what a dud he turned out to be. I reckon we dodged a bullet not employing Marcelino because of his poor English.
Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 15:53 - Nov 3 with 759 viewsmonmouth

I was going to type something, but bugger whatever it was, I'm too depressed.

I might have to start watching eastenders to cheer myself up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 16:57 - Nov 3 with 722 viewsGlyn1

Actually, it's not impossible that he might have been appointed - or at least, interviewed - even if the Americans hadn't taken over. He was previously interviewed by two other Premier clubs (Hull and someone else) so he's not a ridiculous appointment.

Also, amazingly in six seasons, we've never appointed a manager with previous experience in the Premier League, so it's not that unusual.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 17:03 - Nov 3 with 711 viewsGlyn1

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 14:29 - Nov 3 by AustinIsOurHero

Are you serious?!

[Message deleted by the poster for being rubbish.]
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 17:05]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 18:37 - Nov 3 with 675 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is Mr Boognish crying into his Cheerios?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bob Bradley - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 19:11 - Nov 3 with 667 viewsdameedna

The only reason Bob has the job is because the owners see a commercial link to the USA.

Same goes for Donovan and the new COO.

Plenty of highly skilled managers or ex managers around ov varying nationalitie.

We now have 5 Americans and expect more senior vice presidents and consultants.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 19:27 - Nov 3 with 646 viewsjack247

If you're going to call people disgusting hate filled bigots, at least get your facts right.

Klopp was at Mainz for 10 years as a player before taking over as manager and getting them promoted to the Bundesliga.
Guardiola did much the same thing at Barcelona, progressing from long serving player, to managing their B team and then the top job.
Mourinho went from translator at Barcelona, to assistant manager at Porto, Barcelona and Benfica, before getting the Benfica job. He went somewhere from that then on to Porto.

None of them had a 30 year career without managing at a decent level. Klopp wasn't given a Bundesliga job at all, the other two worked their way up.

Bob had no experience of top level football, either as a player or manager. He was chosen because he is a big name in football in America. Dispute that all you want, you won't convince many.
Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 601 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 19:27 - Nov 3 by jack247

If you're going to call people disgusting hate filled bigots, at least get your facts right.

Klopp was at Mainz for 10 years as a player before taking over as manager and getting them promoted to the Bundesliga.
Guardiola did much the same thing at Barcelona, progressing from long serving player, to managing their B team and then the top job.
Mourinho went from translator at Barcelona, to assistant manager at Porto, Barcelona and Benfica, before getting the Benfica job. He went somewhere from that then on to Porto.

None of them had a 30 year career without managing at a decent level. Klopp wasn't given a Bundesliga job at all, the other two worked their way up.

Bob had no experience of top level football, either as a player or manager. He was chosen because he is a big name in football in America. Dispute that all you want, you won't convince many.

I don't think we'll be hearing from Mr. Boognish again................................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 22:03 - Nov 3 with 590 viewsDarran

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 19:27 - Nov 3 by jack247

He's right about a lot of people on here though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 22:05 - Nov 3 with 582 viewsLoyal

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 02:17 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

Everyone in the United States footballing community knows who Bob Bradley is. It's not like Kalplan and Levien had never heard of him, hell Landon Donnovan is "adviser" and he played for him for 5 years.

Did they know him personally? Doubtful. Bradley left the US post in 2011, and left MLS 6 years before that. It's highly doubtful he had crossed paths with either previously. Did they probably request Jenkins Interview him? Likely. All I've gotten out of US Journalists is that Gigs gave a horrible interview, and that the board was "Blown Away" by Bradley's knowledge of the club, players, and the strengths and weaknesses of those players. Whether or not that's Bradley's agent talking remains to be seen.

What is Landon Donovan ' advising ' ......

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 22:12 - Nov 3 with 573 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Bob Bradbury - If We Were Not Owned By Yanks.... on 22:05 - Nov 3 by Loyal

What is Landon Donovan ' advising ' ......

Probably nothing at the moment, since the LA Galaxy are currently in the MLS semifinals, and in good shape after the first leg to advance to the finals.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024