Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley on Klinsmann 18:00 - Oct 7 with 4678 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Doesn't like him much does he? On being told that JK had complimented him on getting the job he could barely conceal his feelings about JK's appointment to the national team - right after BB's sacking and after acting as a pundit seemingly slating him while lining the job up.

Ended up saying that his son is JK's captain and that h wishes him all the best if he ever gets a coaching job outside the USA.

Wonder if that's why Guido showed up for a word?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:17 - Oct 7 with 2411 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Are the club entering an ongoing exclusive contract with NBC? They seem very keen on us now

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/07/bob-bradley-honest-open-in-swansea-unveil

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:20 - Oct 7 with 2395 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:17 - Oct 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Are the club entering an ongoing exclusive contract with NBC? They seem very keen on us now

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/10/07/bob-bradley-honest-open-in-swansea-unveil

Denmark went crazy for us when Laudrup was here.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:25 - Oct 7 with 2346 viewsAtticus

I'm really surprised he said that about Klinsmann. It's not like him, but I think it's awesome.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:25 - Oct 7 with 2337 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Trnscript with context

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/blogs/Bob-Bradley-finally-says-how-he-really

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:31 - Oct 7 with 2296 viewsstAteSwan

Klinsmann and the US talked in 2006 right after a terrible world cup, but there were contract issues, so Bradley was hired. For much of 2009 and 2010 Klinsmann continued to send signals to US Soccer that he was ready to agree to a contract the minute they wanted to hire him. Came to a head during the run up to the 2010 World cup when the two sides met secretly while the side was in South Africa.

US won their group in 2010 thanks to a howler from Robert Green, and it put the heads of the Football here into a difficult spot. At this point, a knockround berth in the World Cup is still considered a success for the National team, so they couldn't really sack Bradley. Instead, he was given a new contract up to the 2014 World Cup. Klinsmann was commentator for the Knockout round loss to Ghana for American Television, and pretty much spent the entire game pointing out everything Bradley did wrong in the match, and how he would do it better.

However Klinsmann and US officials continued to talk, and it became clear to anyone observing that one loss could spell the end of Bradley. In the 2011 Gold Cup Final, with a confederations cup berth on the line, the US couldn't hold a 2-0 lead and lost to Rival Mexico. Bradley was fired the next day, and Klinsmann was appointed not long after. It was a move that was very controversial, and players nearly revolted, believing Bradley was the better man for the job. The National Team under Klinsmann had probably one of its worst years ever end of 2011 start of 2012, and there was a lot of talk that Klinsmann was really close to losing his job.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2016 18:36]
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:35 - Oct 7 with 2260 viewsblueytheblue

So Bradley feels his firing was done the wrong way. Wonder how he tallies that with the way Guidolin was fired?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:38 - Oct 7 with 2237 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:35 - Oct 7 by blueytheblue

So Bradley feels his firing was done the wrong way. Wonder how he tallies that with the way Guidolin was fired?

The point you've missed is that Klinsman was on national tv slagging him off one minute then sitting in the managers chair the next.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:42 - Oct 7 with 2223 viewsblueytheblue

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:38 - Oct 7 by Murph75

The point you've missed is that Klinsman was on national tv slagging him off one minute then sitting in the managers chair the next.

Take away the TV perspective tho...

As an outsider, smacks to me that the powers that be have wanted Guidolin out, possibly even before giving him a new contract. Knowing your start to the season was going to have some tough games, results would then make Guidolin's firing more "palatable", enabling Brddley to come in with as little fuss as possible... guess that was the plan.

I doubt anybody was interviewed to replace Guidolin.

Login to get fewer ads

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:43 - Oct 7 with 2220 viewsjack247

Are we allowed to do that under PL rules?

I hope we don't anyway, it would add weight to a lot of people's suspicions.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:46 - Oct 7 with 2203 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:42 - Oct 7 by blueytheblue

Take away the TV perspective tho...

As an outsider, smacks to me that the powers that be have wanted Guidolin out, possibly even before giving him a new contract. Knowing your start to the season was going to have some tough games, results would then make Guidolin's firing more "palatable", enabling Brddley to come in with as little fuss as possible... guess that was the plan.

I doubt anybody was interviewed to replace Guidolin.

Why give a contract to someone you're going to sack pay up 2 years of a contract? That's the kind of sh!t your lot would do.

They learnt their lessons from last season and had a replacement lined up. The way we sacked Monk and practically got turned down by everyone we allegedly spoke to was far more farcical than the events of this week.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:49 - Oct 7 with 2184 viewsjack247

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:46 - Oct 7 by Murph75

Why give a contract to someone you're going to sack pay up 2 years of a contract? That's the kind of sh!t your lot would do.

They learnt their lessons from last season and had a replacement lined up. The way we sacked Monk and practically got turned down by everyone we allegedly spoke to was far more farcical than the events of this week.

Because he had finished the season strongly and Brendan Rodgers was throwing himself at us in the summer. They never would have been able to bring Bob in at that point with a straight face.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:49 - Oct 7 with 2178 viewsLoyal

Speaks his mind.
Good to hear.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:53 - Oct 7 with 2154 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:49 - Oct 7 by jack247

Because he had finished the season strongly and Brendan Rodgers was throwing himself at us in the summer. They never would have been able to bring Bob in at that point with a straight face.

So you honestly think our board would hire someone on a 2 year deal that they knew was going to be sacked by October?

If that was the case why not give him a 1 year deal.

Not sure why they couldn't have appointed Bob in the Summer? Not sure what has changed from August in his case?
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:57 - Oct 7 with 2140 viewsNeathJack

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:43 - Oct 7 by jack247

NBC already have the Premier League rights in America.

I would imagine that they will be showing us far more prominently now given the USA link.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:58 - Oct 7 with 2127 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:43 - Oct 7 by jack247

Could they be the secret owners?

Follow the trousered money

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:01 - Oct 7 with 2111 viewsjack247

Bradley on Klinsmann on 18:53 - Oct 7 by Murph75

So you honestly think our board would hire someone on a 2 year deal that they knew was going to be sacked by October?

If that was the case why not give him a 1 year deal.

Not sure why they couldn't have appointed Bob in the Summer? Not sure what has changed from August in his case?

It would have been a PR disaster to give him the job over either of them, seeing as Rodgers got us to the PL playing attractive football and Guidolin saved our balls last season and looked like he was going to get us playing good stuff.

Since then Guidolins stock has fallen pretty sharply and Rodgers has got another job.

Funny how Bob has a direct style, Guidolin plays the high press, yet we signed a slow 6'5 centre forward and didn't bother with Joe Allen.

I doubt he would have signed a 1 year contract. We don't know what the release clause it had anyway. They wouldn't have sacked him until he had a poor run, they didn't know it would be this early.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:02 - Oct 7 with 2098 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:01 - Oct 7 by jack247

It would have been a PR disaster to give him the job over either of them, seeing as Rodgers got us to the PL playing attractive football and Guidolin saved our balls last season and looked like he was going to get us playing good stuff.

Since then Guidolins stock has fallen pretty sharply and Rodgers has got another job.

Funny how Bob has a direct style, Guidolin plays the high press, yet we signed a slow 6'5 centre forward and didn't bother with Joe Allen.

I doubt he would have signed a 1 year contract. We don't know what the release clause it had anyway. They wouldn't have sacked him until he had a poor run, they didn't know it would be this early.

Next you'll be saying Princess Diana was killed by MI5.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:04 - Oct 7 with 2084 viewsjack247

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:02 - Oct 7 by Murph75

Next you'll be saying Princess Diana was killed by MI5.

No, I don't really care about that.

Hope it doesn't happen, but see how the board react if Bob has a terrible run of results. See if they sign the right type of players in January too
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:06 - Oct 7 with 2067 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:04 - Oct 7 by jack247

No, I don't really care about that.

Hope it doesn't happen, but see how the board react if Bob has a terrible run of results. See if they sign the right type of players in January too

It's certainly going to be interesting Jack
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:08 - Oct 7 with 2056 viewsstAteSwan

No, but NBC Maintains an office in London and pays a few journalists to live in the UK and attend matches live. It allows them to have live reports from the grounds, and also provide in depth interviews with Americans over here. Expect to see a lot of Swansea articles over the next few weeks. I'd expect a behind the scenes feature as well once everything calms down.

I don't know that this is much Bradley's doing, but you all have to understand how important of a deal this is to Football in the US. Swansea currently has major headlines running on ESPN, FOX Sports (Owned by the same people who own Sky Sports), NBC, CBS, the Washington Post, and the New York Times.

I've seen more Swansea reports in the last week than I had in the last 2 months previously.
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:11 - Oct 7 with 2045 viewsjack247

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:08 - Oct 7 by stAteSwan

No, but NBC Maintains an office in London and pays a few journalists to live in the UK and attend matches live. It allows them to have live reports from the grounds, and also provide in depth interviews with Americans over here. Expect to see a lot of Swansea articles over the next few weeks. I'd expect a behind the scenes feature as well once everything calms down.

I don't know that this is much Bradley's doing, but you all have to understand how important of a deal this is to Football in the US. Swansea currently has major headlines running on ESPN, FOX Sports (Owned by the same people who own Sky Sports), NBC, CBS, the Washington Post, and the New York Times.

I've seen more Swansea reports in the last week than I had in the last 2 months previously.

I'd imagine it's more Levein and Kaplans doing than Bradley's. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly how it would go down over there too.

The only good thing about this is they led Giggs down the garden path for a bit
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 2030 viewsblueytheblue

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:11 - Oct 7 by jack247

I'd imagine it's more Levein and Kaplans doing than Bradley's. I'm pretty sure they knew exactly how it would go down over there too.

Did they?>

I honestly don't believe any interviews ever occurred. Not even Bradley. Leak names to the media.

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:15 - Oct 7 with 2016 viewsMurph75

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:13 - Oct 7 by blueytheblue

Did they?>

I honestly don't believe any interviews ever occurred. Not even Bradley. Leak names to the media.

What business wouldn't interview it's next leader?
Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:17 - Oct 7 with 2008 viewslonglostjack

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:13 - Oct 7 by blueytheblue

Did they?>

You reckon Gigg's agent would be happy with headlines like "Gigs snubbed for Swansea job" ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:18 - Oct 7 with 1998 viewsstAteSwan

Bradley on Klinsmann on 19:11 - Oct 7 by jack247

Levien and Kaplan certainly knew the firestorm this would create over here, though Bradley inadvertently created another with those Klnsmann comments. National Team has a friendly with Cuba that starts in about 90 minutes, and you get the distinct impression his comments are going to get brought up a few times during the pre-match coverage.

I will say this. The Bob Bradley that spoke at the press conference was not the Bob Bradley that I remember from his US days. This Bob Bradley was confident, determined to prove doubters wrong, and Eager to instill a more Swansea style attack. The Bob Bradley of 5 years ago was very quiet, reserved, and more content to hoof the ball up the pitch. That Bob Bradley would never have made the statements indirectly challenging Huw that he made today. A couple of his former players have already picked up on that today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024