Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it 11:15 - Dec 21 with 4326 viewsFlossy

I think we are in a good position to force our new owners into making some decisions.

Let's be honest we all know that they have purchased a controlling share in our club because the see an opportunity to increase the commercial potential. To turn a profit no other reason!

To attract commercial investment they have to prove that Swansea City is a stable, well run club and an attractive investment for companies to invest in. Here's where we come in by making the Liberty Stadium a hostile environment for the directors and owners and making a few demands such as the removal of Jenkins etc. This will start to get adverse media coverage which will have a knock on effect on the marketability of our club.

I know others will say that will affect the team and we will drop out of the premier league etc but personally hitting these people where it hurts, in their pockets is the only way to get their attention.

Our new owners are not billionaires who have bought a football club as a play thing and can afford to take a loss...they are businessmen looking to turn a profit. I also doubt that they had the money themselves to purchase their share and probably had to convince other to invest money with promises of a good return. If these investors start to see problems and instability I guess they will also start asking awkward questions in order to protect their investment.

If the Trust decide to take legal action this will also help pile on the pressure but I'm not sure what the circumstances are surrounding that issue and happy for them to make that Decison.

Let's mobilise the Jack Army and go to war!!!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:39 - Dec 21 with 3292 viewsDafyddHuw

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/184946/ive-had-enough-of

Why do you build up our expectations just to knock them down?
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 12:59 - Dec 21 with 3199 viewsFlossy

Not sure I understand your post mate particularly about me knocking down your expectations?.....explain
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:22 - Dec 21 with 3151 viewsRevJames

".....they have to prove that Swansea City is a stable, well run club...."

Good luck with that then
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:26 - Dec 21 with 3032 viewsDafyddHuw

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 12:59 - Dec 21 by Flossy

Not sure I understand your post mate particularly about me knocking down your expectations?.....explain

Well, a few days ago you said you were off, never to return. What a delightful Xmas present for us all.

Yet here you are, back again after only 3 days. Why?
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:32 - Dec 21 with 3017 viewsairedale

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:26 - Dec 21 by DafyddHuw

Well, a few days ago you said you were off, never to return. What a delightful Xmas present for us all.

Fair play, laugh of the day! Ha ha.

We wish you a merry xmas, we wish you a merry xmas, and a haaaapy new year.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:44 - Dec 21 with 2997 viewsRogerstone

There has been lots of talk on the forum about action but is there a coordinated effort that people are willing to contribute to? Walkout or protest? No. Sounds like its all talk by keyboard warriors

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:46 - Dec 21 with 2922 viewsFlossy

What the fukc are talking about fella I've never made any such statement....I suggest you get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.....show me the post
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:52 - Dec 21 with 2899 viewsFlossy

Check your facts before laughing too loud fella!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:02 - Dec 21 with 2771 viewsFlossy

Thing us mate there was a meeting planned but it fell through but will hopefully be rearranged for the New Year. In the absence of this formal approach I am trying to muster support at the ground but showing our displeasure not only to the owners and directors but to the global media that report on premier league games. It's only a suggestion and would definitely be better than doing fukc all. Certainly don't consider myself a keyboard warrior.....what's your suggestion....have you got any meetings planned etc if so count me in.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:22 - Dec 21 with 2744 viewsFlossy

It's all gone quiet over there......prlck!!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 22:45 - Dec 21 with 2676 viewsUplandsJack

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:22 - Dec 21 by Flossy

It's all gone quiet over there......prlck!!!

Well count me in Flossy, I'm sick of what's going on with little or no action....
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 22:48 - Dec 21 with 2660 viewspencoedjack

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 22:45 - Dec 21 by UplandsJack

Well count me in Flossy, I'm sick of what's going on with little or no action....

Is it possible to walk from the East to the West along the concourse ?
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 22:48 - Dec 21 with 2659 viewsUplandsJack

In fact if blaze or any other can come up with another quality banner design, I'm happy to spend my hard earned £££ on getting it made up and displaying it at the Liberty or if not allowed certainly at all away games.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 23:42 - Dec 21 with 2584 viewsairedale

What about the [aeroplane] bloke from Kent who tows the banner behind his light aircraft.

They used him at Old Trafford.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 02:23 - Dec 22 with 2540 viewsRogerstone

Still no plan then. No change

Keyboard warriors go matching on

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 07:51 - Dec 22 with 2464 viewsFlossy

The strategy we are trying to employ at the moment, pending a meeting if it occurs, is to create a hostile environment for the directors and owners and to enlighten as many people as possible to what went on.

Some of us are trying! You on the other hand do fukc all except criticise those of us who are at least trying to do something. The only keyboard warrior I can see is you fella. You are the clueless Kent sitting behind a keyboard criticising our own fans for trying instead of focussing your attention on those that ripped us off. Complete w@nker...you ain't no jack fukc off!!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 07:53 - Dec 22 with 2460 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 07:51 - Dec 22 by Flossy

The strategy we are trying to employ at the moment, pending a meeting if it occurs, is to create a hostile environment for the directors and owners and to enlighten as many people as possible to what went on.

Some of us are trying! You on the other hand do fukc all except criticise those of us who are at least trying to do something. The only keyboard warrior I can see is you fella. You are the clueless Kent sitting behind a keyboard criticising our own fans for trying instead of focussing your attention on those that ripped us off. Complete w@nker...you ain't no jack fukc off!!!

Oh yes......and still no plan or strategy from you....prick!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 07:55 - Dec 22 with 2454 viewsFlossy

Don't think so mate the stewards and plod are there to stop you. Remember trying to walk from East to South stand once to see a mate and was prevented from doing so.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 08:05 - Dec 22 with 2434 viewsSwaneeRiver

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:26 - Dec 21 by DafyddHuw

In fairness to the OP he said on 20th Dec he'd had a gutsful of what had happened and said now was the time for action.
He never suggested selling his ST and walking away or any negative action which would not help us get the club back.
We are all frustrated but need to unite, not turn on each other
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 08:39 - Dec 22 with 2407 viewsFlossy

Thanks Swaneeriver. I don't think Dafyddhuw can read bless him.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 2374 viewsRogerstone

Touched a nerve eh!

No need for the foul language as my comment was a general observation at the lack of action. It wasn't aimed at you.

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 10:14 - Dec 22 with 2316 viewsLoyal

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 15:44 - Dec 21 by Rogerstone

There has been lots of talk on the forum about action but is there a coordinated effort that people are willing to contribute to? Walkout or protest? No. Sounds like its all talk by keyboard warriors

It may well be for some, others are maybe, just maybe not showing all their cards.
Just a thought.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 10:47 - Dec 22 with 2289 viewsRogerstone

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 10:14 - Dec 22 by Loyal

It may well be for some, others are maybe, just maybe not showing all their cards.
Just a thought.

See wat happens on boxing day.

I for one am 110% behind the Swans and will lend my support to the peaceful fight

Merry Christmas all

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:19 - Dec 22 with 2267 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 09:07 - Dec 22 by Rogerstone

Touched a nerve eh!

No need for the foul language as my comment was a general observation at the lack of action. It wasn't aimed at you.

No not touched a nerve....just stating the obvious. You are clearly a guy who moans and groans about everything but is not prepared to get of his arse and try something himself or make any positive contributions. Until you come forward with your own ideas or proposals I'm not interested in furthering this conversation with you....grow a pair or fukc off
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:44 - Dec 22 with 2240 viewsLoyal

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 10:47 - Dec 22 by Rogerstone

See wat happens on boxing day.

I for one am 110% behind the Swans and will lend my support to the peaceful fight

Merry Christmas all

I don't think any action of a public nature will happen until January, just a gut feeling.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024