Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it 11:15 - Dec 21 with 4524 viewsFlossy

I think we are in a good position to force our new owners into making some decisions.

Let's be honest we all know that they have purchased a controlling share in our club because the see an opportunity to increase the commercial potential. To turn a profit no other reason!

To attract commercial investment they have to prove that Swansea City is a stable, well run club and an attractive investment for companies to invest in. Here's where we come in by making the Liberty Stadium a hostile environment for the directors and owners and making a few demands such as the removal of Jenkins etc. This will start to get adverse media coverage which will have a knock on effect on the marketability of our club.

I know others will say that will affect the team and we will drop out of the premier league etc but personally hitting these people where it hurts, in their pockets is the only way to get their attention.

Our new owners are not billionaires who have bought a football club as a play thing and can afford to take a loss...they are businessmen looking to turn a profit. I also doubt that they had the money themselves to purchase their share and probably had to convince other to invest money with promises of a good return. If these investors start to see problems and instability I guess they will also start asking awkward questions in order to protect their investment.

If the Trust decide to take legal action this will also help pile on the pressure but I'm not sure what the circumstances are surrounding that issue and happy for them to make that Decison.

Let's mobilise the Jack Army and go to war!!!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 1092 viewsUplandsJack

No takers on my offer?.. Shame!
I really was hoping someone on here could have come up with something catchy. Sadly no good at that sort of thing personally....
I must admit I really liked the one I think it was Blaze designed, but I noticed the NBA had got that made up "Jack to a Judas" with HJ holding a swag full of $$$...
As i said I'm happy to spend my £££ getting it made up and of course displaying at the home games (stewards permitting) but definately at away games where I'm certain others stewards will care less...
PM me direct or reply here.... come on guys let's at least get this ball rolling.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 12:05 - Dec 22 with 1081 viewsLoyal

Stewards permitting ?
I'm certain you will need some form of assistance if they decide to make a big issue of a banner....
I know stewards in the past have taken things to the next level which has resulted in confrontation. I wouldn't expect that to happen this time but if it does you need to think about how far you will go to achieve your point.
If the stewards do decide to escalate the issue you need people with you who will do the same. A peaceful protest in the ground with a banner shouldn't raise any issues, but if it does you need support.
Proper support.
I'm not advocating violence but I am advocating the right you have to demonstrate peacefully to get your point across, not my words the words of the club over the years. One size fits all. So if the unveiling of a banner is allowed without any aggression from stewards or club employed people it should be a successful venture. Just be prepared.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:03 - Dec 22 with 1053 viewsRogerstone

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:19 - Dec 22 by Flossy

No not touched a nerve....just stating the obvious. You are clearly a guy who moans and groans about everything but is not prepared to get of his arse and try something himself or make any positive contributions. Until you come forward with your own ideas or proposals I'm not interested in furthering this conversation with you....grow a pair or fukc off

Lol u clearly are a nob

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:12 - Dec 22 with 1042 viewsBatterseajack

A general question here to Flossy, what is the main aim or outcome we are seeking by creating a hostile environment towards the owners?

Are we looking to chase them out of town with torches and pitchforks as we did with Tony Petty or is it to simply make the owners aware that we're not happy sitting at the foot of the table with a weak squad, and to encourage them to cough up some cash in January to strengthen the squad and possibly replace Huw and Bob either in January or next summer?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 13:12]
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:13 - Dec 22 with 1040 viewspencoedjack

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 12:05 - Dec 22 by Loyal

Stewards permitting ?
I'm certain you will need some form of assistance if they decide to make a big issue of a banner....
I know stewards in the past have taken things to the next level which has resulted in confrontation. I wouldn't expect that to happen this time but if it does you need to think about how far you will go to achieve your point.
If the stewards do decide to escalate the issue you need people with you who will do the same. A peaceful protest in the ground with a banner shouldn't raise any issues, but if it does you need support.
Proper support.
I'm not advocating violence but I am advocating the right you have to demonstrate peacefully to get your point across, not my words the words of the club over the years. One size fits all. So if the unveiling of a banner is allowed without any aggression from stewards or club employed people it should be a successful venture. Just be prepared.

Agree but those jobsworth in the yellow coats should realise that there power rush on a Saturday will be coming to end if things don't change at the club.

We wont need so many of the little Hitlers on a Saturday afternoon in the championship.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 13:14]
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 14:31 - Dec 22 with 990 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:44 - Dec 22 by Loyal

I don't think any action of a public nature will happen until January, just a gut feeling.

I agree you may be right. I don't think we will see any formal protests until the New Year but showing our displeasure infront of a global media audience on Boxing Day and New Years Eve might be a start....let's hope that whatever and wheneverwe do something it will have the sesired effect.
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:25 - Dec 22 with 959 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:12 - Dec 22 by Batterseajack

A general question here to Flossy, what is the main aim or outcome we are seeking by creating a hostile environment towards the owners?

Are we looking to chase them out of town with torches and pitchforks as we did with Tony Petty or is it to simply make the owners aware that we're not happy sitting at the foot of the table with a weak squad, and to encourage them to cough up some cash in January to strengthen the squad and possibly replace Huw and Bob either in January or next summer?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2016 13:12]

The hostility is not designed to drive the owners out more to make them see sense in a way. The clearly think they can get away with whatever they want. If the outside world thinks everything is fine within the club this will strengthen their hand but if the outside world see as a a club in disarray the ownets will have to act to protect their interests.

Some has posted today that the owners have reopened talks with the council to buy the stadium. If the council think the owners are credible it will strengthen their chances however if they see us in dispute it might change their minds. After all 20,000 voters at least will be affected by that decision.

The more bad PR we can create the more chance we have of affecting the owners business an and more of a chance of getting to at least acknowledge we exist and talk.

Not sure if it will work but I do know that businessmen don't like to risk their investments. And, I do know that sitting back and doing nothing will get us nowhere.

Hope that explains my stance a little more mate
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:26 - Dec 22 with 958 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 13:03 - Dec 22 by Rogerstone

Lol u clearly are a nob

Truth hurts eh....have I touched a nerve!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:38 - Dec 22 with 931 viewsWingstandwood

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 11:55 - Dec 22 by UplandsJack

No takers on my offer?.. Shame!
I really was hoping someone on here could have come up with something catchy. Sadly no good at that sort of thing personally....
I must admit I really liked the one I think it was Blaze designed, but I noticed the NBA had got that made up "Jack to a Judas" with HJ holding a swag full of $$$...
As i said I'm happy to spend my £££ getting it made up and of course displaying at the home games (stewards permitting) but definately at away games where I'm certain others stewards will care less...
PM me direct or reply here.... come on guys let's at least get this ball rolling.

If something gets to the crowdfunding stage and (I offered before) there is an initiative to help fund some form of leafleting or flag etc? I will guarantee a nice donation from myself.

*IMPORTANT* I am assuming any large flag will have to comply with health and safety i.e. not combustible material. So that will not give em the excuse to confiscate or refuse entrance to stadia.

Argus!

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 17:08 - Dec 22 with 912 viewsRogerstone

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:26 - Dec 22 by Flossy

Truth hurts eh....have I touched a nerve!!!

I'm sure I said that. All the best twunt. Enjoy fighting with yr fellow supporters. Newbie

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:00 - Dec 22 with 878 viewsFlossy

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 17:08 - Dec 22 by Rogerstone

I'm sure I said that. All the best twunt. Enjoy fighting with yr fellow supporters. Newbie

Newbie.....lol what a childish tw@t!!! Playground name calling .....Crawl back under your Stone you priick!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 866 viewsSnakePlissken

So what are you lot protesting against exactly?
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:17 - Dec 22 with 853 viewsStarsky

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:12 - Dec 22 by SnakePlissken

Rogerstone by the looks of it

It's just the internet, init.

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:21 - Dec 22 with 849 viewsmorningstar

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:12 - Dec 22 by SnakePlissken

Snake Plissken eh! Heard you were dead!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:27 - Dec 22 with 833 viewsSnakePlissken

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:21 - Dec 22 by morningstar

Snake Plissken eh! Heard you were dead!

Call me Snake
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:46 - Dec 22 with 758 viewsmorningstar

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 19:27 - Dec 22 by SnakePlissken

Call me Snake

Don't start me off! Best fvcking movie ever!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 23:04 - Dec 22 with 704 viewsFlossy

Fukc I'm not going through it again mate read the thread. Have you been in hibernation for the last 6 months lol!!!
Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 00:03 - Dec 23 with 679 viewsUplandsJack

Let's not underestimate the power of our fans should we chose to exercise it on 16:38 - Dec 22 by Wingstandwood

If something gets to the crowdfunding stage and (I offered before) there is an initiative to help fund some form of leafleting or flag etc? I will guarantee a nice donation from myself.

*IMPORTANT* I am assuming any large flag will have to comply with health and safety i.e. not combustible material. So that will not give em the excuse to confiscate or refuse entrance to stadia.

Yes as far as I'm aware, any banner/flag has to have a fire safety certificate or alike issued for it to be able to be brought into any stadium. As stated I'm happy to do the leg work and part with the £££ but need some designs from some of you guys on here...

Personally I think our first challange needs to be the removal of Jenkins, Dineen & Co. first off.... If we can get enough support it will show the new owners to that we as a fan Base will not just roll over even if our Trust currently shows little or no backbone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024