Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowett 23:13 - Dec 27 with 2288 viewsalibaba

Anyone got any idea what kind of manager he is? Anywhere we could read a write up on him? Would he get us back the "Swansea Way"?
Rowett on 23:30 - Dec 27 with 2229 viewsjack247

No. He gets teams organised but plays boring football. If he had done it at PL level, he would be a great choice for this season. I'd hope we wanted to play more expansive football next season, whichever division we are in.
Rowett on 23:45 - Dec 27 with 2177 viewsJack_Kass

Forget the 'Swansea way', the only way I give a monkeys about is the upwards way, out of the relegation zone.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Rowett on 23:54 - Dec 27 with 2140 viewsjack247

Rowett on 23:45 - Dec 27 by Jack_Kass

Forget the 'Swansea way', the only way I give a monkeys about is the upwards way, out of the relegation zone.

Totally. This season is about survival not style. I think we need to get back to it at some point though, especially if we go down.
Rowett on 00:00 - Dec 28 with 2093 viewsDarran

The Swansea Way FFS.
How long have been people following us?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rowett on 00:01 - Dec 28 with 2082 viewsSwansNZ

Rowett on 23:54 - Dec 27 by jack247

Totally. This season is about survival not style. I think we need to get back to it at some point though, especially if we go down.

That’s why a short term appointment might be good — get an experience manager in now, to try and save us, then a long term manager in the summer, regardless of what division we’re in.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rowett on 00:01 - Dec 28 with 2073 viewsSwansNZ

Rowett on 00:00 - Dec 28 by Darran

The Swansea Way FFS.

5.5 years

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rowett on 00:07 - Dec 28 with 2043 viewsCroftyjack

Rowett on 00:01 - Dec 28 by SwansNZ

That’s why a short term appointment might be good — get an experience manager in now, to try and save us, then a long term manager in the summer, regardless of what division we’re in.

That's what I said on an earlier thread...Roy or Redknapp till the end of season with a nice bonus for keeping us up and I think they be happy with the short term deal.

And then source a new forward thinking manager over the coming months and let him plan for next season, of course its not straight forward as we don't know the league we be in!
Rowett on 00:09 - Dec 28 with 2029 viewsDarran

5.5 years

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Rowett on 00:11 - Dec 28 with 2020 viewsjack247

Rowett on 00:00 - Dec 28 by Darran

The Swansea Way FFS.

There was a 'Swansea way' though. Yes we only played it between the Martinez and Laudrup eras, but that was arguably the greatest period in our history. It was certainly the only time the rest of the country have identified a particular brand of football with us. There was no Swansea way for the other 90 odd years because we were/are just a bog standard football team.
Rowett on 00:12 - Dec 28 with 2008 viewsharryhpalmer

Rowett on 00:09 - Dec 28 by Darran

Exactly.

if it is just about staying up and a short term appointment, then Pearson ticks the boxes.

Did it with Leicester, who were in a worse position than we are now.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Rowett on 00:14 - Dec 28 with 2004 viewsjack247

No one is going to come here on a 6 month deal and I doubt we want to be sacking someone else in the summer, especially if he keeps us up. It's a tricky one. I think whoever comes in will be on an 18 month deal at least.
Rowett on 00:26 - Dec 28 with 1961 viewsLeonWasGod

Pragmatic, gets teams to over-achieve, but fans are critical of his football. Like a Garry Monk but without PL experience or any knowledge of us. From what I've heard about him, no he wouldn't get us playing free flowing footie.

Seems to be a social media darling as he was judged harshly sacked from B'ham (although fans their were bored). Would have remained little known if it wasn't for his sacking.
Rowett on 00:29 - Dec 28 with 1939 viewsalibaba

Did you have a bad childhood or something? You're a miserable ba$tard.

20 years I've been following the Swans. And of course there's a Swansea Way. I think it's pretty well understood what is meant by that.
Rowett on 01:19 - Dec 28 with 1879 viewsDJack

Rowett on 00:29 - Dec 28 by alibaba

20 years I've been following the Swans. And of course there's a Swansea Way. I think it's pretty well understood what is meant by that.

To be fair Darran is correct BUT for the most part, we as fans prefer football on the grass as opposed to a version of artillery. The vetch was not the Mestella or the Bernabeu but our advancement to aesthetic football was massively welcomed as much as our demise has been mourned.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rowett on 01:24 - Dec 28 with 1862 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Rowett on 00:29 - Dec 28 by alibaba

What is the Swansea Way?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Rowett on 08:02 - Dec 28 with 1696 viewsjacktheripper

Rowett on 00:11 - Dec 28 by jack247

There was a 'Swansea way' though. Yes we only played it between the Martinez and Laudrup eras, but that was arguably the greatest period in our history. It was certainly the only time the rest of the country have identified a particular brand of football with us. There was no Swansea way for the other 90 odd years because we were/are just a bog standard football team.

The football we played under Tosh was far from bog standard
Rowett on 08:11 - Dec 28 with 1677 viewsjack247

Rowett on 08:02 - Dec 28 by jacktheripper

The football we played under Tosh was far from bog standard

How would you define it? I wasn't around at the time, but from what I have seen, it looked like 442 with a bit of spark and passion.
Rowett on 08:15 - Dec 28 with 1664 viewsClinton

Rowett on 00:12 - Dec 28 by harryhpalmer

if it is just about staying up and a short term appointment, then Pearson ticks the boxes.

Did it with Leicester, who were in a worse position than we are now.

You're forgetting his spell at Derby at the start of this season. He guided one of the best squads in the Championship into the relegation zone before he was suspended then sacked.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rowett on 09:22 - Dec 28 with 1499 viewsjojaca

Rowett on 01:24 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What is the Swansea Way?

That goal against Blackburn away was a good example, but I can't find video.

Even when you know, you never know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024