Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct 18:56 - Dec 28 with 3423 viewsdickythorpe

Didn't he start chopsing about how the club didn't match his ambitions? Or something like that?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 18:57]
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:48 - Dec 28 with 582 viewsharryhpalmer

that's not quite what he said.

he said he spoke to the club and it didn't work out.

he added that it was his plan to take a year out, but if a side matched his ambition which was working from the youth upwards, then he'd be interested.

So I take from that, it's why he spoke to us. He didn't reject us, so I don't see how we didn't match his ambition.

In another interview, he did say there seemed to be different messages from within the club. for that we can assume that Jenkins was very keen on him. the Americans less so.

No sour grapes for me.

Whether or not he is the right man for the job, again I have huge reservations still.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:50 - Dec 28 with 579 viewsThornburyswan

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:01 - Dec 28 by jack247

Yes he did. His comments just smacked of sour grapes because he didn't get the job though.

This - although interesting that for the most of the day the bookies have had him sliding out of contention, that's spun around again in the last hour, he's back as favourite with a few & no worse than second favourite with the rest - somebody has put a few £££ on.
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:51 - Dec 28 with 571 viewsjack247

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:48 - Dec 28 by harryhpalmer

he added that it was his plan to take a year out, but if a side matched his ambition which was working from the youth upwards, then he'd be interested.

So I take from that, it's why he spoke to us. He didn't reject us, so I don't see how we didn't match his ambition.

In another interview, he did say there seemed to be different messages from within the club. for that we can assume that Jenkins was very keen on him. the Americans less so.

No sour grapes for me.

Whether or not he is the right man for the job, again I have huge reservations still.

Yep. So he said we didn't match his ambition without actually saying it.

I spoke to Swansea
I planned to take a year out, but I'd have made an exception for a club that matched my ambition (or words to that effect).

The one positive I took from Bobs appointment was that Giggs didn't get it.With hindsight he couldn't have done much worse.
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:54 - Dec 28 with 559 viewsbryanwadesquiff

Yeah he did.....because we didnt and still haven't as i see it...
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 20:02 - Dec 28 with 533 viewslonglostjack

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:51 - Dec 28 by jack247

Yep. So he said we didn't match his ambition without actually saying it.

I spoke to Swansea
I planned to take a year out, but I'd have made an exception for a club that matched my ambition (or words to that effect).

The one positive I took from Bobs appointment was that Giggs didn't get it.With hindsight he couldn't have done much worse.

I'd still not want us to roll out the red carpet for Giggs just to appease the media and the South Wales Man U. fanbase. If he wants to further his managerial ambitions he can prove himself at Bury, Burnley, Walsall or Crewe first. No time for experiments at the Swans now.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 20:03]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 20:05 - Dec 28 with 522 viewsLeonWasGod

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 19:48 - Dec 28 by harryhpalmer

No sour grapes for me.

He confirmed he'd spoken to us, he said they'd talked about ambitions and his were higher, and inferred he'd turned us down

Approx, his words were 'when a club speaks to you, it's not just them interviewing you but you have to interview them. If their own ambitions don't match yours, then you need to be able to turn them down'.

Now either that's him thinking he's bigger than us or he's siming to manage in the lower tiers. He definitely came acoss as petulant in the interview. But that means nothing now - new situation, clean slate.
When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 20:12 - Dec 28 with 497 viewsjack247

When Ryan Giggs didn't get the job in Oct on 20:02 - Dec 28 by longlostjack

I'd still not want us to roll out the red carpet for Giggs just to appease the media and the South Wales Man U. fanbase. If he wants to further his managerial ambitions he can prove himself at Bury, Burnley, Walsall or Crewe first. No time for experiments at the Swans now.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 20:03]

Nor me. I'd far rather play the percentage game and bring in an old head at the moment. It's not the time for a high risk high reward type appointment
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024