Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A sad state yesterday 16:11 - Jan 1 with 2074 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

Firstly, Happy New Year to all fellow Swans fans, lets hope (and pray) that 2017 is a better year.

In 43 years supporting the Swans I've never felt so down as yesterday.
That period in the 2nd half where the ground fell silent for what seamed forever.
There was an eerie, weird feeling around the ground and I remember looking at our players, previously good performers, international players and a club legend all looking completely lost and hopelessly unable to create anything. I felt sorry for them and how such a sad state our club has become.
With hopefully a new manager in place, I hope it's for the long term and he has plenty of player contacts. I think most of us agree that we need 5 or 6 experienced players immediately to go straight into the first team.
That to me is the biggest test yet from the new owners, what players do we get, those that could keep us in the Premier League or those for the Championship ???
It's going to be an interesting next few weeks to say the least, never a dull moment being a Swans fan.
STID.
A sad state yesterday on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 1944 viewsmorningstar

Whatever happens in January mark my words that player wise, more money will go out the door than will come back through it.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

A sad state yesterday on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 1920 viewsmonmouth

Really? 43 years you say? So as down as when the EP showed locked gates and 'it's all over' when the club was dead or so we thought? As down as whenever Mickey Evans got the ball at left back? Somehow I think not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A sad state yesterday on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 1847 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

A sad state yesterday on 17:04 - Jan 1 by monmouth

Really? 43 years you say? So as down as when the EP showed locked gates and 'it's all over' when the club was dead or so we thought? As down as whenever Mickey Evans got the ball at left back? Somehow I think not.

Why the aggression in your reply and having a go ???????
All I've done is a short heartfelt post on my current thoughts, yes they are many other moments from the distant past of which I've forgotten, they don't mean anything now anyway only what's currently going on!
Your reply is the very reason I rarely post, despite the fact that I'm on this site everyday since it started reading everyone else's views & comments!

No offence meant but just thought I'd reply.
STID
A sad state yesterday on 17:33 - Jan 1 with 1822 viewsDarran

A sad state yesterday on 17:29 - Jan 1 by Trewyddfa_Jack

All I've done is a short heartfelt post on my current thoughts, yes they are many other moments from the distant past of which I've forgotten, they don't mean anything now anyway only what's currently going on!
Your reply is the very reason I rarely post, despite the fact that I'm on this site everyday since it started reading everyone else's views & comments!

STID

I agree with your OP mate,everything you've said. It was so quiet in the second half it was like an empty ground where you could hear the players speaking.

Good post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A sad state yesterday on 17:34 - Jan 1 with 1823 viewsTrewyddfa_Jack

A sad state yesterday on 16:58 - Jan 1 by morningstar

Whatever happens in January mark my words that player wise, more money will go out the door than will come back through it.

Yes that's my fear but we've got to hope not.
A sad state yesterday on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 1799 viewspencoedjack

STID

Don't let the bastards get you down fella

Spot on with your post and if you people don't agree with your view so be it .... that's what forums are about in my opinion
A sad state yesterday on 17:37 - Jan 1 with 1787 viewsmorningstar

A sad state yesterday on 17:33 - Jan 1 by Darran

I agree with your OP mate,everything you've said. It was so quiet in the second half it was like an empty ground where you could hear the players speaking.

Good post.

What were they saying? Any good goss?

A sad state yesterday on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 1715 viewsDarran

A sad state yesterday on 17:37 - Jan 1 by morningstar

What were they saying? Any good goss?

Wasn't you there?

Login to get fewer ads

A sad state yesterday on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 1704 viewsmonmouth

STID

Sorry no aggression meant,just surprise. Things have been much worse and my spirits have been much lower - lower than a dachshunds balls in fact. It was pretty disheartening though I agree.

Edit - re-reading I can see the aggression. At least I didn't put the head in though :)
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 17:55]

A sad state yesterday on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 1694 viewsmorningstar

A sad state yesterday on 17:50 - Jan 1 by Darran

Wasn't you there?

Not yesterday Dar. had tickets for The West upper behind the directors box which i was looking forward to but unfortunately my wife was having a really bad day and i wasn't going to leave her on her own.

A sad state yesterday on 17:55 - Jan 1 with 1686 viewsAngelRangelQS

I've watched us through an administration, the Petty era, a relegation and prop up the bottom of the league but this season ranks up there with the very worst of them.

I can't help but feel that we've just started to fall and there's an extremely long way until we hit the ground - and there's nothing we can do about it... just sit and watch
A sad state yesterday on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 1606 viewsmonmouth

A sad state yesterday on 17:55 - Jan 1 by AngelRangelQS

I've watched us through an administration, the Petty era, a relegation and prop up the bottom of the league but this season ranks up there with the very worst of them.

I can't help but feel that we've just started to fall and there's an extremely long way until we hit the ground - and there's nothing we can do about it... just sit and watch

Impossible to be lower than being wound up and the gates locked for the last time in 85. I'm not sure still how we got out of that, but that day is embedded in my heart. We are nowhere near that, but it's possible, and all because the scum we trusted to stop it forever, and stated they would, have recreated the possibility simply to line their own pockets.

A sad state yesterday on 18:24 - Jan 1 with 1582 viewsAngelRangelQS

A sad state yesterday on 18:21 - Jan 1 by monmouth

Impossible to be lower than being wound up and the gates locked for the last time in 85. I'm not sure still how we got out of that, but that day is embedded in my heart. We are nowhere near that, but it's possible, and all because the scum we trusted to stop it forever, and stated they would, have recreated the possibility simply to line their own pockets.

That was slightly before my time but you are right.

I agree we are nowhere near that but I'm just wondering how far we are likely to fall? As things stand, I'd be happy with a top half finish in the championship next season.
A sad state yesterday on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 1558 viewsDarran

A sad state yesterday on 17:55 - Jan 1 by AngelRangelQS

Regardless of the levels of badness in the past this certainly feels like the saddest time of all to me.

A sad state yesterday on 23:44 - Jan 1 with 1383 viewsSlugster664

STID

There are a lot of people who read this forum but rarely post for the same reasons, many pr icks on here who think they know it all unfortunately.

STID

A sad state yesterday on 23:54 - Jan 1 with 1358 viewsjack2jack

Your right TJ the atmosphere in the second half was dire,and the place was half empty from what I saw,with 5 or 10 mins to go,it's like the life was sucked out of the place.
A sad state yesterday on 23:58 - Jan 1 with 1345 viewsdobjack2

A sad state yesterday on 18:21 - Jan 1 by monmouth

That was the lowest because we were gone.

Hull we were nearly gone.

The fall through the divisions - win or lose we're on the booze

More recently the way El Judas Fecked off because he was selling people a dream and when he went it seemed that the dream went with him. Different but I can never forgive him. Not what he did but the way that he did it. Sounds familiar.

Being betrayed by your own is hard to take. They are lucky times have changed because if they had done something like this a number of years ago they wouldnt be eating corn on the cob again. Someone would have sorted them out, possibly in a mass pitch invasion from the north bank with others waiting in the centre stand.
A sad state yesterday on 08:41 - Jan 2 with 1223 viewsKingstonJack

A sad state yesterday on 23:44 - Jan 1 by Slugster664

There are a lot of people who read this forum but rarely post for the same reasons, many pr icks on here who think they know it all unfortunately.

Sadly so

Keep posting mate
A sad state yesterday on 09:05 - Jan 2 with 1188 viewsOptimisticJack

I agree with the sentiments shown by Trewyddfa. Having followed the Swans for 50 years it has been an absolute roller coaster of a ride. Never a dull moment.
Yes we've had horrendous times in the past and yes going into administration was one of them.
However what hurts me most these days is that we are disgracing ourselves on a worldwide stage.
Events of the past went by unnoticed outside of the Principality. Nowadays a worldwide audience is witnessing our demise.

Optimisticjack

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024