Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23's 21:20 - Jan 10 with 5105 viewsAussieSwan

Surely it wouldn't hurt to give a few of them a run in the Prem, even as substitutes? They seem to be absolutely flying at the moment, great win over Wolverhampton tonight.

I know McBurnie has started to get a few minutes, but the likes of Byers, Jones and Dan James seem to be on fire of late. Admittedly I have not seen them in action so am going off media reports. I know the standard is a lot lower than the Prem, but we've got some fairly average players on our bench at the moment who aren't doing much at all.

We know the U23's will be hungry and eager to impress if given an opportunity. I think it'd be great for their development to give them a crack as well. Plus, if our Prem results keep going downhill I don't see how it would hurt.

Thoughts?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Under 23's on 23:13 - Jan 10 with 1829 viewsbuilthjack

Under 23's on 23:12 - Jan 10 by SwansNZ

Was Clement there?

Yes

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Under 23's on 23:15 - Jan 10 with 1816 viewsSwansNZ

Under 23's on 23:13 - Jan 10 by builthjack

Yes

Nice one

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Under 23's on 23:22 - Jan 10 with 1797 viewsicecoldjack

Under 23's on 22:05 - Jan 10 by vetchonian

I myself have often quoted the " if your good enough your old enough" adage but I would ask ow long have you been watching the Swans not for point scoring but I remember what happened to us in our last season in the old first division when we were forced to play a lot of our promising youngsters....whilst Maoist of them had the ability they lacked the experience as a result we were doomed to the drop plus the possible promising careers of several prospects was destroyed a relegation battle is it the time to be pitching in "rookies"

Barrow is also a rookie, plays like one for sure. Montero is so inconsistant and only good for 30 mins against tired defenders.

I've not seen much of James but football is as much confidence s anything else, so a promotion to the bench would be good for his short and long term development IMO.

Like when we saw Mcburnie come on for us the other week and straight away we knew the boy has a lot more growing to be done before being a serious contender, getting bullied on the feild despite his willingness .
We should see what James can do, just to give him a reference point if nothing else, he may thrive he may need to keep improving, there comes a time where a road test is needed.
Under 23's on 23:54 - Jan 10 with 1689 viewsLoyal

Under 23's on 22:12 - Jan 10 by morningstar

700? ...Is that amount we'd take to Wembley if we got to the final!

About 6,000 I reckon, but have to say I think the u23 side has done as well as it can in this comp. would love to be proven wrong mind.
Tonight was a total reserve side bar Tremmel and Barrow went off 'injured' very early on.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Under 23's on 07:19 - Jan 11 with 1527 viewsMurph75

Under 23's on 22:51 - Jan 10 by builthjack

Somebody has pulled it for some reason

Weird when you consider some of the crap that's on here?
Under 23's on 07:48 - Jan 11 with 1461 views34dfgdf54

I would to see Dan James and McBurnie with the first team now if I'm being honest.

Borja for whatever reason hasn't worked out, and there is no signs really of it changing. McBurnie has done enough to warrant a chance with his work in the U23s
Under 23's on 08:21 - Jan 11 with 1397 viewsNeath_Jack

A couple of years ago, we had a small black wing back (think he was right sided), formed a very good partnership with Kenji. What was his name and what happened to him, i assume he's not a professional somewhere?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Under 23's on 08:23 - Jan 11 with 1396 viewsScotia

I understand the call for U23's to be involved but it is an absolutely monumental step up, including them too soon could ruin their confidence. If at any point this season our fate is known then chuck a few in, but for now it's too soon for any of them except perhaps Dan James who is quality.

I'd even have some concerns about McBurnie being involved but Borja doesn't seem up to it so he deserves a spot on the bench.

I think that if Dan James isn't going to get a look in with the first team we should be loaning him out to a Championship club to see how he goes.
Login to get fewer ads

Under 23's on 09:22 - Jan 11 with 1321 viewsjasonbromham

Under 23's on 08:21 - Jan 11 by Neath_Jack

A couple of years ago, we had a small black wing back (think he was right sided), formed a very good partnership with Kenji. What was his name and what happened to him, i assume he's not a professional somewhere?

Raheem Hanley is the one, left back. Drink driving charge killed his future probably.
Under 23's on 09:47 - Jan 11 with 1262 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I just don't understand fans not wanting to see some under 23s given a chance.
Nobody is suggesting that they should be given instant starts, but being given a bench place, training with the seniors and playing maybe 10 to 20 minutes in front of our fans at home would give them a massive boost.
Mcburnie, James and Jones couldn't do much worse than our current players, especially when they are tiring and the youngsters come on fresh.
Under 23's on 12:52 - Jan 11 with 1149 viewsLandore_Jack

Highlights: Swans U21s v Wolves U21s

#backtojack

Under 23's on 12:58 - Jan 11 with 1138 viewsLandore_Jack

Excellent win. Well done boys!

#backtojack

Under 23's on 14:08 - Jan 14 with 954 viewsAussieSwan

Under 23's on 21:29 - Jan 10 by AussieSwan

I'm saying this irrespective of league position. Form is form.

Saturday would be the perfect chance for the somebody like James to get a run off the bench.

Montero out, Barrow possibly as well for the Arsenal game. Unless we add Narsingh or somebody before then, that leaves us with only Dyer and Routledge as our recognised wingers in the squad, which is rather uninspiring. We aren't in 2011 any more.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 21:31]

Dyer and Routledge both starting today. No wingers on the bench so unless Siggy gets moved wide it looks like they'll both get 90

Would've liked to see James get a run off the bench but oh well.

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024