Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Airport 10:12 - Jan 12 with 3442 viewsowainglyndwr

Why the hell is Swansea airport so none functional.
So many towns and cities around Britain and europe half the size of Swansea have fully functional airports that bring business and tourism into the area.

Example Exeter.
if the new barrage is to be built, to get investment into Swansea & surrounding area's surely we need the airport.
I do not mean full on such as Cardiff but a regional airport for internal and city hoping.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 10:13]
Swansea Airport on 18:44 - Jan 12 with 978 viewsjack247

Because Swansea is in the middle of nowhere
Swansea Airport on 11:59 - Jan 13 with 714 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Swansea Airport on 11:45 - Jan 12 by Clinton

Swansea airport is not in a convenient location for road or rail transport. Approach roads would quickly become clogged. It would be in just as inconvenient a location as Cardiff Airport. It would be ridiculous to think about developing the Swansea Airport site as a main airport just because theres a half-baked strip of tarmac there currently.
Add to that the issues of development when Gower is an AONB and its pretty much dead in the water isnt it? The outcry and controversy would be substantial. It'd take more than just having some planning officer fall asleep at the relevant meeting when someone needs to build a house.
A West Wales airport, should we ever get one, would be better situated on some site close to the M4 and with the possibility of easy links to the West Coast mainline. Only in that sort of location could it be a success. Im thinking down near Baglan ? or derelict land near Junction 46? or the Bridgend area ?
In those sorts of locations it even folk north of Cardiff might find it easier to access than trekking out to Roose where road access is poor and bus/rail access isnt the best.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 11:50]

I ve allways thought that the land north of the m4 by morriston, where the steel works used to be, valindre i think its called , would hve been great for an airport.
Swansea Airport on 13:05 - Jan 13 with 674 viewstrampie

Swansea Airport on 11:59 - Jan 13 by blaenaugwentjack

I ve allways thought that the land north of the m4 by morriston, where the steel works used to be, valindre i think its called , would hve been great for an airport.

Isn't that where the Swans new bigger improved ground is going to be sited ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024